#1 timschochet

timschochet

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72,965 posts
  • Joined 17-September 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

I think these are all reasonable questions to ask Sarah Palin. These are in no particular order. If you think any of these are objectionable, not relevant to the office she seeks, or other questions should be asked, tell me what you think:

1. One of the claims made about you is that you were for "The Bridge to Nowhere" and other earmarks for Alaska until changing your mind out of political expediency. How do you answer this charge?

2. Why did you choose to address the Alaska Independence Party by video? In that video, you suggested there are aspects of the AIP platform that you agree with; what are those? What do you disagree with?

3. Why, as mayor of Wasilla, did you ask your librarian hypothetical questions about banning books? Do you believe there are some books which should be banned or censored? If so, which ones?

4. What are your specific beliefs regarding creationism and public schools? Do you believe that the law should enforce the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in the public schools? Do you believe in evolution? Are you, as some reports have suggested, a "Young Earth Creationist"? Do you believe the Earth is 6,000 years old?

5. You attend the Assembly of God church. Do you believe in the following aspects that are taught in that church?
a. That Catholics are not really Christians?
b. That earthquakes and hurricanes may be God's punishment for cities and states agreeing to gay marriage or other "crimes against God"?
c. That we are living in "End of Times", meaning that a nuclear war in the Middle East is imminent?

6. What's your opinion on T Boon Pickens' idea for wind and natural gas? Besides drilling, what are your long term solutions for energy independence?

7. What's your position on free trade?

8. What's your position on illegal immigration? Did you approve of McCain/Kennedy?

9. What would you say are the specific major differences between Barack Obama and John McCain in areas of foreign policy, and why do you believe, presumably, that McCain's ideas are superior?

10. What would you say are the specific major differences between Obama's economic plans and McCain's economic plans, and why do you believe McCain's ideas are superior?

There are plenty more, but these are the main ones. I don't need to hear about her family anymore, or what it's like to live in Alaska. I think if she answers these questions at length, we will be able to judge her much better.
Unless otherwise stated, any comment or statement I make is strictly MY OPINION, and should not be taken as an implication of fact, no matter how definitive it sounds. I speak for no one but myself.

#2 Running with scissors

Running with scissors

Stark Raving Sane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,274 posts
  • Joined 18-November 04

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

9. What would you say are the specific major differences between Barack Obama and John McCain in areas of foreign policy, and why do you believe, presumably, that McCain's ideas are superior?10. What would you say are the specific major differences between Obama's economic plans and McCain's economic plans, and why do you believe McCain's ideas are superior?

I would love to hear the answers to these when she doesn't have a teleprompter in front of her.

3. Thongs or panties?

Could be the most important question of the election.:pleasesaynone:
:prettyplease:

I don't trust evolution any more than I trust gravity or attractive women.

#3 timschochet

timschochet

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72,965 posts
  • Joined 17-September 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

1. Are they real?2. Would you ever consider posing for Playboy?3. Thongs or panties?

Granted, I wouldn't mind knowing the answers to this stuff as well. Somehow, though, I think these questions will not be asked...
Unless otherwise stated, any comment or statement I make is strictly MY OPINION, and should not be taken as an implication of fact, no matter how definitive it sounds. I speak for no one but myself.

#4 SHIZNITTTT

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,922 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

1. Are they real?2. Would you ever consider posing for Playboy?3. Thongs or panties?

Answernone

http://www0.xup.in/e...hp?fid=12914630

Keepin' it grown and sexy.

#5 timschochet

timschochet

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72,965 posts
  • Joined 17-September 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

9. What would you say are the specific major differences between Barack Obama and John McCain in areas of foreign policy, and why do you believe, presumably, that McCain's ideas are superior?10. What would you say are the specific major differences between Obama's economic plans and McCain's economic plans, and why do you believe McCain's ideas are superior?

I would love to hear the answers to these when she doesn't have a teleprompter in front of her.

If she wants to be Vice President of the United States, there is no reason she should not be able to answer these questions intelligently. If she either can't or avoids specifics, then warning bells should go off for everyone.

#6 gcoast3

gcoast3

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 645 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

9. What would you say are the specific major differences between Barack Obama and John McCain in areas of foreign policy, and why do you believe, presumably, that McCain's ideas are superior?

10. What would you say are the specific major differences between Obama's economic plans and McCain's economic plans, and why do you believe McCain's ideas are superior?

3. Thongs or panties?

Could be the most important question of the election.

:pleasesaynone:

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OBAMA w/OUT HIS TELEPROMPTER? NOT GOOD

OBAMA w/OUT HIS TELEPROMPTER

Just keeping it fair.

#7 The Man from Laramie

The Man from Laramie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

3. Thongs or panties?

They asked John McCain "boxers or briefs" and he said...Depends.
The Obama I Know --IMO the single most powerful story as to why Obama will be a great President.

#8 djcolts

djcolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:39 PM

I think Gibson should ask a question related to earmarks - which she says she's against, but it is questionable how much she asked for as Mayor and Governor.

This can't be a Gibson questions, but I would want to see the relative size of the Wasilla budget when she took over as Mayor (revenues and expenditures) in 1996, and what the budgets were during the years she was Mayor. And, was there any municipal debt that she took on for the city (and whether there was debt before hand, and how much). I want to know if she truly walks the walk with her fiscal conservative talk given her time in office (6 years in the same office can truly give a big clue).

BRILLIANT! If you can't take the heat, go learn yoga!

#9 timschochet

timschochet

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72,965 posts
  • Joined 17-September 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

I think Gibson should ask a question related to earmarks - which she says she's against, but it is questionable how much she asked for as Mayor and Governor.
This can't be a Gibson questions, but I would want to see the relative size of the Wasilla budget when she took over as Mayor (revenues and expenditures) in 1996, and what the budgets were during the years she was Mayor. And, was there any municipal debt that she took on for the city (and whether there was debt before hand, and how much). I want to know if she truly walks the walk with her fiscal conservative talk given her time in office (6 years in the same office can truly give a big clue).

That was my first question, if you look at my list.

#10 Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,083 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

I think Gibson should ask a question related to earmarks - which she says she's against, but it is questionable how much she asked for as Mayor and Governor.This can't be a Gibson questions, but I would want to see the relative size of the Wasilla budget when she took over as Mayor (revenues and expenditures) in 1996, and what the budgets were during the years she was Mayor. And, was there any municipal debt that she took on for the city (and whether there was debt before hand, and how much). I want to know if she truly walks the walk with her fiscal conservative talk given her time in office (6 years in the same office can truly give a big clue).

It's relatively easy to be a "fiscal conservative" in a state that is flush with oil revenues.

#11 SHIZNITTTT

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,922 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

3. Thongs or panties?

Could be the most important question of the election.

:pleasesaynone:

OBAMA w/OUT HIS TELEPROMPTER

just keepin' it real

Just keeping it fair.

ever hear McCain with a teleprompter? just keepin' it real

http://www0.xup.in/e...hp?fid=12914630

Keepin' it grown and sexy.

#12 djcolts

djcolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

That was my first question, if you look at my list.

Sorry - missed that.

#13 shining path

shining path

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Answernone

:clinchesSPvote:
I was a poor white trash Pookie.

#14 The Man from Laramie

The Man from Laramie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

He should ask them in a way that doesn't give her free reign to lie, like she did at the RNC. She certainly did better than her predecessor, but still presided over the highest per capita earmarked state in the US. She even made statements alluding to the timing being right to get earmarks because of the political realities in Washington.

She increased spending in Wasilla by 63% and ran up $18MM in debt, while the town had no considerable debt before her tenure.She has also supported various tax hikes in both offices.

Edited by The Man from Laramie, 09 September 2008 - 12:50 PM.

The Obama I Know --IMO the single most powerful story as to why Obama will be a great President.

#15 shining path

shining path

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

If I were rich, I'd offer Gibson a million dollars to start the interview by asking Palin to get him a cup of coffee.

#16 djcolts

djcolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

I think Gibson should ask a question related to earmarks - which she says she's against, but it is questionable how much she asked for as Mayor and Governor.This can't be a Gibson questions, but I would want to see the relative size of the Wasilla budget when she took over as Mayor (revenues and expenditures) in 1996, and what the budgets were during the years she was Mayor. And, was there any municipal debt that she took on for the city (and whether there was debt before hand, and how much). I want to know if she truly walks the walk with her fiscal conservative talk given her time in office (6 years in the same office can truly give a big clue).

It's relatively easy to be a "fiscal conservative" in a state that is flush with oil revenues.

That is why I'd want to know about her mayoral budgets more than her brief experience at governor (which happened to be during a big rise in oil prices - so those budgets really won't say much to me).

#17 The Man from Laramie

The Man from Laramie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:46 PM

And while the federal government is earmarking more per capita for you than in any other state.

#18 djcolts

djcolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

He should ask them in a way that doesn't give her free reign to lie, like she did at the RNC. She certainly did better than her predecessor, but still presided over the highest per capita earmarked state in the US. She even made statements alluding to the timing being right to get earmarks because of the political realities in Washington.

She increased spending in Wasilla by 63% and ran up $18B in debt, while the town had no considerable debt before her tenure.She has also supported various tax hikes in both offices.

$18 billion - as in BILLION? That doesn't seem correct. I also want to know the source of this - I can't trust stuff I see in emails or blogs.

#19 The Man from Laramie

The Man from Laramie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

She increased spending in Wasilla by 63% and ran up $18B in debt, while the town had no considerable debt before her tenure.

She has also supported various tax hikes in both offices.

$18 billion - as in BILLION? That doesn't seem correct. I also want to know the source of this - I can't trust stuff I see in emails or blogs.

mea culpa. It was $18 million. I was paraphrasing from memory the cited information I posted here: http://forums.footba...x...t&p=9182108

I'll edit the above post.

#20 shining path

shining path

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

And while the federal government is earmarking more per capita for you than in any other state.

A more pertinent question is whether earmarks increased under her watch. I've heard that Alaska always has a lot of earmarks due to its size and resources relative to its small population.

#21 Sulla

Sulla

Marius hates me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,227 posts
  • Joined 13-June 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

Information available directly from the City of Wasilla's website.

Here's a synopsis (no, I didn't double check against the actual financial statements):

Total bonds & notes payable increased under Mayor Palin's watch by $22,970,497 (from $1,115,985 in 1996 to $24,086,482 in 2003).

1996: Total bonds & notes payable = $1,115,985
- Total bonds payable = $1,115,985 (General Long-term debt only)
- Total notes payable = $0

2003: Total bonds & notes payable = $24,086,482
- Total bonds payable = $19,826,207 ($13,927,769 Enterprise + $5,898,438 General Long-term debt)
- Total notes payable = $4,260,275 (Enterprise only)

http://answers.yahoo...05211450AAIPNqV

As for me, I'd like to know if she had her Wasilla office redecorated using gold leaf or Swarovski crystals. Was her decorator named Martha Stewart, by any chance?

#22 The Man from Laramie

The Man from Laramie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Joined 05-July 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

A more pertinent question is whether earmarks increased under her watch. I've heard that Alaska always has a lot of earmarks due to its size and resources relative to its small population.

I am almost positive that earmarks decreased under her watch.

#23 Homer J Simpson

Homer J Simpson

I don't push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,775 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:03 PM

First off, how are you?

Will hump for food

#24 Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,083 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

First off, how are you?

:shrug:My guest this time.. she is the Governor of Alaska and was recently picked as John McCain's running mate. They call her Sarah Barracuda and is probably the most famous hockey mom in America. Sarah Palin.. how are you doing, my friend?

#25 Sulla

Sulla

Marius hates me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,227 posts
  • Joined 13-June 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

I am almost positive that earmarks decreased under her watch.

If you mean during 18 months as Governor, you are correct.According to Palin - from $550 million in 2007 to just under $200 million in 2008 (to date).According to documents released to the Seattle Times by Palin's office - Palin requested $254 million in earmarks in 2007, not $550 million.

#26 Jethro Q. Walrustitty

Jethro Q. Walrustitty

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,746 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

"Rumor has it you freed the blacks from slavery. Care to comment on why Mr. Obama is being so ungrateful?"

Edited by Jethro Q. Walrustitty, 09 September 2008 - 01:13 PM.

#27 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

"If I got naked and latched onto your leg would you leave me alone or pull me off?"

I'm pretty horny most of the time

#28 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

"Is it safe?"

#29 fightingduck

fightingduck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Joined 14-December 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

She increased spending in Wasilla by 63% and ran up $18MM in debt, while the town had no considerable debt before her tenure.She has also supported various tax hikes in both offices.

:rolleyes: The growth of her county was 49% that decade. Besides the data you're quoting is from Obama who included the year after she left. That year went up 33% alone. While she was there, the growth in spending was half the growth in population.The 18m debt was for one project - a sports complex passed by the voters. The implication that she borrowed money for general expedictures is poor. :football:

#30 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

Have you never been mellow?

#31 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Have you never tried to find a comfort from inside you?

#32 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Have you never been happy just to hear your song?

#33 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

Have you never let someone else be strong?

#34 Moe Green

Moe Green

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,153 posts
  • Joined 19-September 06

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

First off, how are you?

:popcorn::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now here is where it get crazy.

www.woundedwarriorproject.com

#35 prefontaine

prefontaine

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,633 posts
  • Joined 10-April 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

I think these are all reasonable questions to ask Sarah Palin. These are in no particular order. If you think any of these are objectionable, not relevant to the office she seeks, or other questions should be asked, tell me what you think:1. One of the claims made about you is that you were for "The Bridge to Nowhere" and other earmarks for Alaska until changing your mind out of political expediency. How do you answer this charge?2. Why did you choose to address the Alaska Independence Party by video? In that video, you suggested there are aspects of the AIP platform that you agree with; what are those? What do you disagree with?3. Why, as mayor of Wasilla, did you ask your librarian hypothetical questions about banning books? Do you believe there are some books which should be banned or censored? If so, which ones?4. What are your specific beliefs regarding creationism and public schools? Do you believe that the law should enforce the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in the public schools? Do you believe in evolution? Are you, as some reports have suggested, a "Young Earth Creationist"? Do you believe the Earth is 6,000 years old?5. You attend the Assembly of God church. Do you believe in the following aspects that are taught in that church?a. That Catholics are not really Christians?b. That earthquakes and hurricanes may be God's punishment for cities and states agreeing to gay marriage or other "crimes against God"?c. That we are living in "End of Times", meaning that a nuclear war in the Middle East is imminent?6. What's your opinion on T Boon Pickens' idea for wind and natural gas? Besides drilling, what are your long term solutions for energy independence?7. What's your position on free trade?8. What's your position on illegal immigration? Did you approve of McCain/Kennedy?9. What would you say are the specific major differences between Barack Obama and John McCain in areas of foreign policy, and why do you believe, presumably, that McCain's ideas are superior?10. What would you say are the specific major differences between Obama's economic plans and McCain's economic plans, and why do you believe McCain's ideas are superior?There are plenty more, but these are the main ones. I don't need to hear about her family anymore, or what it's like to live in Alaska. I think if she answers these questions at length, we will be able to judge her much better.

If this were the interview it would be pretty horrible. 90% of these would be answered with talking points and almost no real discussion. I don't care her opinions on McCain vs Obama and I don't care about all the personal stuff. She is running to be VP of the United States. Let's find out how capable she would be in that role and leave the most popular crap at the door. 1 is okay. 2 is a waste of time. 3 is probably a waste of time but should be asked so she can address it and we can move on with our lives. 4 is a softball and I'd throw it out as well. Are you really going to end with do you believe the earth is 6000 years old? You wouldn't be very good at this. 5 is too specific about her church, which is largely irrelevant. These questions should be about her and her beliefs. 6 Here's where we can actually get started. Good question7 Too generic. I'd drill on this because it's an important topic and because it will show how much she really knows. What is your position on NAFTA? (it will be pro). What do you think about adding Chile? England? What should be the criteria to add a partner? How would you look to expand free trade? How do you feel about import quotas? Is the EU good or bad for us? Do you foresee problems like the EU has developing within NAFTA? Why or why not? What is your stance on the WTO? Should the US cede authority to it? If yes, then how do you feel about the Bush administration's position? If no, then how can the rest of the world take the WTO seriously if we choose to undermine it?8. Fine. It's really a legislator question but the question is okay. 9. Too generic and easy to answer by distorting positions (McCain good, Obama bad). I would ask specifically about Victor Chavez, Cuba, Germany/France, Turkey, Pakistan, and OPEC. I want to know she actually knows things and can carry on conversations about what goes on in the world. I don't expect perfect answers btw. But they can't just be talking points.10. Same as above. "We'll lower taxes, he'll raise them. We'll create jobs, he'll lose them" I don't want to hear this crap. I want to hear thoughtful responses on things. So ask about manufacturing jobs in the Midwest and her position on the automakers, unions, and trade. Ask about the role the fed has played in the housing crisis. What should the Fed's role be? Ask about the restructuring of the Fed. Ask about Patriot Act and Sarbanes-Oxley. Where does she stand on the Fed guaranteeing the BS buyout? What should be done about the underlying weakness of the dollar? How does that tie into the debt? How would you go about reducing the deficit? Specifics please. And then a whole series on taxation....assuming she supports McCain's tax plan. Do you believe that tax cuts spur economic growth and thus "pay for themselves"? Obviously this can't always be true. The Laffer curve shows it to only sometimes be true. Where do you think we are on the curve? What makes you think that? What is your plan for SS given that it will be insolvent within 20 years? Do you favor (a) reducing benefits, (b) increasing age limit, © increasing tax amount, (d) increasing wage cap, or (e) continue ignoring it like every other administration until it is someone else's problem? I don't know how long he gets but I can come up with another whole series of questions as well on her social positions, which I think is something that needs to be addressed if for no other reason than allow her to speak for herself.If this is the only interview we get for a while (and I haven't yet heard about others), it better be a real one.

#36 Running with scissors

Running with scissors

Stark Raving Sane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,274 posts
  • Joined 18-November 04

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

What's good for the gander...Or if you prefer... we can use the whole chickens coming home to roost analogy. Your choice.

#37 Running with scissors

Running with scissors

Stark Raving Sane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,274 posts
  • Joined 18-November 04

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

If I were rich, I'd offer Gibson a million dollars to start the interview by asking Palin to get him a cup of coffee.

... toots.

#38 fightingduck

fightingduck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Joined 14-December 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

I think these are all reasonable questions to ask Sarah Palin. These are in no particular order. If you think any of these are objectionable, not relevant to the office she seeks, or other questions should be asked, tell me what you think:1. One of the claims made about you is that you were for "The Bridge to Nowhere" and other earmarks for Alaska until changing your mind out of political expediency. How do you answer this charge?2. Why did you choose to address the Alaska Independence Party by video? In that video, you suggested there are aspects of the AIP platform that you agree with; what are those? What do you disagree with?3. Why, as mayor of Wasilla, did you ask your librarian hypothetical questions about banning books? Do you believe there are some books which should be banned or censored? If so, which ones?4. What are your specific beliefs regarding creationism and public schools? Do you believe that the law should enforce the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in the public schools? Do you believe in evolution? Are you, as some reports have suggested, a "Young Earth Creationist"? Do you believe the Earth is 6,000 years old?5. You attend the Assembly of God church. Do you believe in the following aspects that are taught in that church?a. That Catholics are not really Christians?b. That earthquakes and hurricanes may be God's punishment for cities and states agreeing to gay marriage or other "crimes against God"?c. That we are living in "End of Times", meaning that a nuclear war in the Middle East is imminent?6. What's your opinion on T Boon Pickens' idea for wind and natural gas? Besides drilling, what are your long term solutions for energy independence?7. What's your position on free trade?8. What's your position on illegal immigration? Did you approve of McCain/Kennedy?9. What would you say are the specific major differences between Barack Obama and John McCain in areas of foreign policy, and why do you believe, presumably, that McCain's ideas are superior?10. What would you say are the specific major differences between Obama's economic plans and McCain's economic plans, and why do you believe McCain's ideas are superior?There are plenty more, but these are the main ones. I don't need to hear about her family anymore, or what it's like to live in Alaska. I think if she answers these questions at length, we will be able to judge her much better.

If this were the interview it would be pretty horrible. 90% of these would be answered with talking points and almost no real discussion. I don't care her opinions on McCain vs Obama and I don't care about all the personal stuff. She is running to be VP of the United States. Let's find out how capable she would be in that role and leave the most popular crap at the door. 1 is okay. 2 is a waste of time. 3 is probably a waste of time but should be asked so she can address it and we can move on with our lives. 4 is a softball and I'd throw it out as well. Are you really going to end with do you believe the earth is 6000 years old? You wouldn't be very good at this. 5 is too specific about her church, which is largely irrelevant. These questions should be about her and her beliefs. 6 Here's where we can actually get started. Good question7 Too generic. I'd drill on this because it's an important topic and because it will show how much she really knows. What is your position on NAFTA? (it will be pro). What do you think about adding Chile? England? What should be the criteria to add a partner? How would you look to expand free trade? How do you feel about import quotas? Is the EU good or bad for us? Do you foresee problems like the EU has developing within NAFTA? Why or why not? What is your stance on the WTO? Should the US cede authority to it? If yes, then how do you feel about the Bush administration's position? If no, then how can the rest of the world take the WTO seriously if we choose to undermine it?8. Fine. It's really a legislator question but the question is okay. 9. Too generic and easy to answer by distorting positions (McCain good, Obama bad). I would ask specifically about Victor Chavez, Cuba, Germany/France, Turkey, Pakistan, and OPEC. I want to know she actually knows things and can carry on conversations about what goes on in the world. I don't expect perfect answers btw. But they can't just be talking points.10. Same as above. "We'll lower taxes, he'll raise them. We'll create jobs, he'll lose them" I don't want to hear this crap. I want to hear thoughtful responses on things. So ask about manufacturing jobs in the Midwest and her position on the automakers, unions, and trade. Ask about the role the fed has played in the housing crisis. What should the Fed's role be? Ask about the restructuring of the Fed. Ask about Patriot Act and Sarbanes-Oxley. Where does she stand on the Fed guaranteeing the BS buyout? What should be done about the underlying weakness of the dollar? How does that tie into the debt? How would you go about reducing the deficit? Specifics please. And then a whole series on taxation....assuming she supports McCain's tax plan. Do you believe that tax cuts spur economic growth and thus "pay for themselves"? Obviously this can't always be true. The Laffer curve shows it to only sometimes be true. Where do you think we are on the curve? What makes you think that? What is your plan for SS given that it will be insolvent within 20 years? Do you favor (a) reducing benefits, (b) increasing age limit, increasing tax amount, (d) increasing wage cap, or (e) continue ignoring it like every other administration until it is someone else's problem? I don't know how long he gets but I can come up with another whole series of questions as well on her social positions, which I think is something that needs to be addressed if for no other reason than allow her to speak for herself.If this is the only interview we get for a while (and I haven't yet heard about others), it better be a real one.

:goodposting: Good set of questions.I'd like to know a few more. Did/do you support Bush's policies on NCLB. Why/why not? Did/do you support the medicaid prescription drug benefit?Did you support Bush when he put tariffs on steel?What do we do about Iran's nuclear program? What is Bush's policy? Is it working/not working? Do you favor economic santions? What would your repsonse be if Isreal attacked Iran's facilities?Will you support garaunteed loans to the auto industry? Why? If not, are you going to let GM/Ford go into bankruptcy/fail? How about airlines?Name a few programs or agencies you'd cut. What role/tasks/agendas are you going to take on as VP? What agenda items are you going to push for on McCain's plans? How and why those?I would get into her state record also - just to see if she konws the facts. Major laws passed - why signed or veto'd. What is the status of the finances in Alaska. Any off-balance sheet items (IF SO, WHY??????)What are the steps government can and should take for more energy to come from nuclear power? What are the regulatory hurdles and how do we remove them?Would you support the consumption tax (fair tax) if Congress passed it? Why? Do you prefer flat income taxes, progressive, consumption, or VAT?

#39 Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,083 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

lol @ Victor Chavez.

#40 St. Louis Bob

St. Louis Bob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32,813 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

How would you like to make twenty bucks the hard way?

Don't bother me, I'm eating fried chicken with Uni under an overpass.

#41 prefontaine

prefontaine

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,633 posts
  • Joined 10-April 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

lol @ Victor Chavez.

touche...Hugo. Not sure who Victor though I did just pick up Victor Martinez.

#42 Officer Pete Malloy

Officer Pete Malloy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,407 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

lol @ Victor Chavez.

Victor Hugo?

#43 fightingduck

fightingduck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Joined 14-December 07

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

lol @ Victor Chavez.

Or Victor Hugo Link

I can see when you thinking socialism, you'd cross it with Les Miserables.

#44 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,115 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull?

#45 Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,083 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

Pitbulls give interviews.

#46 Running with scissors

Running with scissors

Stark Raving Sane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,274 posts
  • Joined 18-November 04

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

You can make a backhanded inference to a line out of a speech about a hockey mom wearing lipstick without a bunch of GOP feather heads having a conniption?

#47 Homer J Simpson

Homer J Simpson

I don't push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,775 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

Pitbulls give interviews.

:lmao: :lmao: Bravo, sir.

Will hump for food

#48 Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,640 posts
  • Joined 26-August 05

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

She already answered this question.

Edited by bubba191919, 09 September 2008 - 04:50 PM.

#49 Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,640 posts
  • Joined 26-August 05

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Did you experience any retribution for taking on a corrupt Republican administration like Leiberman is encountering from the Democrats for speaking at the GOP convention?

#50 NorvilleBarnes

NorvilleBarnes

Banned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32,695 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:bubble wrap

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

Is it a clown car?

Seriously, this shouldn't even be close. Give a woman a flat chest, and she can still be attractive. Give a woman a flat butt, and she can still be attractive. Give a woman a penis?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users