What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Game Thread - Philly at Dallas (1 Viewer)

Ditto! :mellow:

Both teams are coming off red hot/easy wins last week to face each other in this semi-annual grudge match. I wonder if there is a bounty on any Cowboys this game?

So much at stake so early in the season.

Bring it on DeSean! :hifive:

probably my most anticipated game since the eagles super bowl year. I cant wait to see where the eagles are really at this year. Are the rams just that bad? Is McNabb really back to all pro form? Is the D for real?

Hope the game lives up to the hype...

best game of the infant season so far! i'm looking for the Cowboys O-line to control the LOS from the get go. a balanced Cowboys attack will be hard to stop!

i really hope Ware and Co. can get much pressure on Mcnabb, as he can pick defenses apart if given the opp.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Just my 2 bits.

I attended the eagles/STEELERS preseason game,and watched the first teamers closely.

Donovan is BACK,and will slice and dice the dallas d apart with the short passing game,then go over the top to someone.

Eagles d will give up yardage also,should be a good FF game tonite.

Sleeper pick for very good game,Patrick Crayton,as TO will command extra attention from his old teammates.

This game should be close,and i predict a philly victory on the road,before they get their butts handed to them next week by the STEELERS. :unsure:

Key Points to the game:

1) Cole has not fared well against Flozell in past. Will the Eagles have to bring the blitz to get pressure? Look for them to stunt at replacement LG Cory Proctor who struggles with this.

2) Westbrook vs. Zach Thomas and the Dallas LB's. Can Dallas limit the after catch yards.

3) Will use Felix Jones much more in the passing game tonight if the Eagles blitz, should be interesting to watch.

4) How will the Cowboys defend DeSean? The slower Henry or the somewhat rusty PacMan?

5) Can Dallas free one of Owens/Witten up throughout the game.

6) LJ Smith was impressive in the Eagles opener and Dallas has struggled vs TE's last year.

I expect a close game.

Can't wait.

I'll be there. Last TS MNF game ever. :jawdrop: :X
i went to the Eagles MNF game last December at TS...good atmosphere. We hung out in the tent/party area for a couple hours before the game. And even though we had on our Eagles gear and got our fair share of taunts, it never went over the top. have fun... :banned:

I will be surprised if the Eagles don't win this one, if they don't it will be close. I think they just need to keep the pressure on Romo and be all over Witten. When Tony Romo can find Jason Witten under pressure the Cowboys keep the chains moving. A big defensive/special teams play could also be the key to this game.

Philly LBS vs. Jason Witten/RBs will be the matchup I will be watching.

Are Gaither, Bradley, and Gocong ready to prove that they are as legit of a trio as anyone in the league?

I'll be there. Last TS MNF game ever. :shrug: :lmao:
i went to the Eagles MNF game last December at TS...good atmosphere. We hung out in the tent/party area for a couple hours before the game. And even though we had on our Eagles gear and got our fair share of taunts, it never went over the top. have fun... :bag:
Yeah for the most part Texas Stadium and Dallas fan are classy and do not act like drunken idiots to visiting fans.

I will be surprised if the Eagles don't win this one, if they don't it will be close. I think they just need to keep the pressure on Romo and be all over Witten. When Tony Romo can find Jason Witten under pressure the Cowboys keep the chains moving. A big defensive/special teams play could also be the key to this game.
Let's remember last year when the Eagles won 10-6 well 17-6 really (Westbrooke sliding at the 1) Romo struggles in big part to his injured throwing hand. He could not throw the ball to an area at all. Barring another injury to him during the game Dallas wins. Better hop the Eagle blitz does not get picked up cause that is the Eagles only shot. This aint the Rams Philly

Key Points to the game: 1) Cole has not fared well against Flozell in past. Will the Eagles have to bring the blitz to get pressure? Look for them to stunt at replacement LG Cory Proctor who struggles with this.2) Westbrook vs. Zach Thomas and the Dallas LB's. Can Dallas limit the after catch yards.3) Will use Felix Jones much more in the passing game tonight if the Eagles blitz, should be interesting to watch.4) How will the Cowboys defend DeSean? The slower Henry or the somewhat rusty PacMan?5) Can Dallas free one of Owens/Witten up throughout the game.6) LJ Smith was impressive in the Eagles opener and Dallas has struggled vs TE's last year.I expect a close game.Can't wait.
This is the number one key point to the game.Dallas O-LINE picking up the blitz. #2 Dallas not giving up a big play on a KO or PR coverage.#3 Not giving up the big play to Westbrooke in the passing game. Limit his yac.#4Getting pressure on Mcnabb because he can make some stupid throws if they get behind or get in 3rd and long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's remember last year when the Eagles won 10-6 well 17-6 really (Westbrooke sliding at the 1) Romo struggles in big part to his injured throwing hand. He could not throw the ball to an area at all. Barring another injury to him during the game Dallas wins. Better hop the Eagle blitz does not get picked up cause that is the Eagles only shot. This aint the Rams Philly
You can't be serious. Romo's injured hand last year has nothing to do with tonight's game.First, this should be a dandy of a ball game.

Second, while Cole has struggled against Adams, like another poster mentioned, the Eagles front seven is nothing like the Browns. Romo will be escaping from the pocket tonight. He will not have seemingly "all the time in the world" to get rid of the ball like week 1.

The upside to that is that Romo is an excellent out-of-pocket passer. The downside is that the Eagles have 4 pro bowl defensive backs that will be on the field basically the whole game. To defer back to the Cowboys, what they need to have happen tonight is for Crayton/Owens to not drop any passes. They also need Barber to sustain his strength and play the entire game out. The holes won't be very big tonight for the 'Boys RBs to run through.

That last line also reminds me of the three young LBs from Philly. If they can't stop the run if it reaches the second level, the Eagles could be in for a long night if Barber and/or Jones reaches the secondary.

Blow for blow, punch for punch... this will be an interesting game. One that all of America will probably be watching. I look for tonight's game to be a hit on the Nielsen (sp?) ratings.

But to state that this game depends on twhether or not Romo gets injured is asinine. Maybe I miss understood you but that is how I interpreted it.

Obviously you have your Jerry Jones goggles on but be honest, you know that this one will be a hell of a heavyweight fight.

Philadelphia at Dallas. I will be in front of the flatscreen tuned in.

I really think Dallas covers the spread here. The Eagles are good but Dallas is better.

I give McNabb props for a great game last week but I doubt Dallas gives up many big plays to Greg Lewis and Jason Avant...Hank Baskett....maybe and DeSean is too much of an unknown to gauge at this point though I thought he had amazing poise and concentration on that sideline catch last week with the defender all up in his face.

Westbrook is the real key IMHO. If Dallas contains him reasonably, the Eagles will make mistakes attempting to use their other options.

It would surprise me if the Eagles rise the level of the Cowboys tonight......BUT they have done it before.

Dallas special teams coverage is not the greatest so the Eagles should do well in that area tonight, if the Eagles can score a special teams TD early on, it might shake things up in their favor.

All that being said, the Cowboys should take this one.

You can't be serious. Romo's injured hand last year has nothing to do with tonight's game.First, this should be a dandy of a ball game.

Second, while Cole has struggled against Adams, like another poster mentioned, the Eagles front seven is nothing like the Browns. Romo will be escaping from the pocket tonight. He will not have seemingly "all the time in the world" to get rid of the ball like week 1.

The upside to that is that Romo is an excellent out-of-pocket passer. The downside is that the Eagles have 4 pro bowl defensive backs that will be on the field basically the whole game. To defer back to the Cowboys, what they need to have happen tonight is for Crayton/Owens to not drop any passes. They also need Barber to sustain his strength and play the entire game out. The holes won't be very big tonight for the 'Boys RBs to run through.

That last line also reminds me of the three young LBs from Philly. If they can't stop the run if it reaches the second level, the Eagles could be in for a long night if Barber and/or Jones reaches the secondary.

Blow for blow, punch for punch... this will be an interesting game. One that all of America will probably be watching. I look for tonight's game to be a hit on the Nielsen (sp?) ratings.

But to state that this game depends on twhether or not Romo gets injured is asinine. Maybe I miss understood you but that is how I interpreted it.

Obviously you have your Jerry Jones goggles on but be honest, you know that this one will be a hell of a heavyweight fight.

Why I brought up the Romo injury from last year that happened during the first half the the Eagles game is because a lot of the Eagles confidence comes from the last time they played Dallas. If they think Romo will be that inaccurate tonight they have something coming for them . All I keep hearing is that Romo has 1 td and 5 ints vs Philly. That has a lot to do with the injury, as well as Philly is a good team but to expect Romo to struggle like he did in that last game is to be asinine. It will be a good game, Dallas should win if Romo does not get an injury to hamper his play tonight. This game will look nothing like the defensive battle it was last time around.I got my popcorn ready baby.

I live in PA and I get adrenaline overload whenever the Cowboys play but when they play the Eagles the adrenaline is at it's peak.

I know that when the Eagles had their run a few years back and were the best in the NFC East I always looked forward to the David Cowboys having the opportunity to play the Goliath Eagles....so I can understand why the Eagles fans are up for this game.

Let's do this thing!

Latest news on MB3? He should be good to go according to all reports.
Supposed to play... may be limited. But who knows what coaches mean when they contradict themselves daily.Barber gets 30 carries tonight, no other DAL RB touches the ball. That's my guess.

I hope for 5 quarters of brutal and punishing football. I want carnage, a real old fashioned slobberknocker of a donnybrook from beginning to end.

Good stuff Bankerguy.

If I may add a few things.

Key Points to the game:

1) Cole has not fared well against Flozell in past. Will the Eagles have to bring the blitz to get pressure? Look for them to stunt at replacement LG Cory Proctor who struggles with this.

Procter has actually been playing very well thus far. So much so that there have been "gentle" rumblings that if it continues, Kyle Kosier may have a fight on his hands to get his job back. Tonight will be a big test worth keeping an eye on.

2) Westbrook vs. Zach Thomas and the Dallas LB's. Can Dallas limit the after catch yards.

Westbrook has always been a thorn in our side. In his 12 games vs. Dallas, he has averaged just over 90 total yards per game. Big part of the defensive gameplan, obviously.

3) Will use Felix Jones much more in the passing game tonight if the Eagles blitz, should be interesting to watch.

While we got to see some extended play last week due to Barber's ribs, we really didn't see much of Felix Jones in the way of packages they have prepared for him. In many ways, this will be a big debut for him tonight. Watch for swing passes out of the backfield to help alleviate the blitz and draw LB coverage.

Felix could have a big game tonight.

4) How will the Cowboys defend DeSean? The slower Henry or the somewhat rusty PacMan?

Depends on where they line him up. If he's in the slot, it will be a combination of Terence Newman (who will be available for nickel and dime packages tonight) and fellow rookie Orlando Scandrick. Should be a fun matchup to watch.

6) LJ Smith was impressive in the Eagles opener and Dallas has struggled vs TE's last year.

This is where Dallas wants to isolate Henry on L.J. Smith on passing downs.

I expect a close game.

Can't wait.
Miles Austin and Anthony Spencer will also be available for tonight's game. If Austin can stretch the field, it should help open up the underneath for Witten, T.O. and backs out of the backfield (Barber, Jones, and don't forget about FB Deon Anderson).

Spencer will give us an added pass rusher to go along with Ware and Ellis, among others.

I expect McNabb to see alot of heat tonight. Dallas will bring it (and give the Packers and Aaron Rodgers something to think about next week).

I'm not going to worry about faults in the special teams until I see it in the regular season. We have some good players on this unit. With this roster so frontloaded, the special teams we saw in the preseason was with many players who are no longer here that were trying to make this team. I think they have the deficiencies we saw last year tightened up.

This just in, Eagles WR Reggie Brown is OUT tonight.

I just don't see these Eagles WRs posing much threat tonight in all reality.

dotman said:
i will be surprised if the Cowboys dont win. they are the better team. more weapons. big bruising O-line. you beat a lame rams team at home. we beat a pretty good browns team on their field.
Chunky Soup said:
Tony Choke-o? What's the nickname these days?
who choked in the SB? and blew chunky soup all over the field? thats right, mcknee.

What happens when 2 choketacular QBs meet in a big game? Can they both choke? I'll give this one to Romo since he usually only chokes in Dec/Jan.

i just hope its a good game that is NOT decided by an Ed Hercules type blown call

One thing of note.

T.O. is one TD catch away from moving into second place on the all-time TD receptions list (1. Jerry Rice, 2. Cris Carter).

I would look for them to get that out of the way quickly, scoreboard it, and get that stadium riled up.

Just something to watch for.

Key Points to the game:

I expect a close game.

Can't wait.
Cowboys only allowed 4 receptions for 46 yards per game last year...and only allowed two touchdowns all season...from TE's...I do not call that struggling...the two players that got the TDs were Shockey (12/129/1) and Cooley (8/89/1)....at home, Dallas D has only allowed 26 receptions for 298 yards and a TD over their eight home games in 2007...

Mustang Man said:
MaddHatter said:
Mustang Man said:
dotman said:

Why I brought up the Romo injury from last year that happened during the first half the the Eagles game is because a lot of the Eagles confidence comes from the last time they played Dallas. If they think Romo will be that inaccurate tonight they have something coming for them . All I keep hearing is that Romo has 1 td and 5 ints vs Philly. That has a lot to do with the injury, as well as Philly is a good team but to expect Romo to struggle like he did in that last game is to be asinine. It will be a good game, Dallas should win if Romo does not get an injury to hamper his play tonight. This game will look nothing like the defensive battle it was last time around.I got my popcorn ready baby.
Actually, Romo is has a 4:5 TD/INT ratio against Philly...the last game (Dec 2007), he tipped the scales with his 3 INTs...

Mustang Man said:
MaddHatter said:
Mustang Man said:
dotman said:

Actually, Romo is has a 4:5 TD/INT ratio against Philly...the last game (Dec 2007), he tipped the scales with his 3 INTs...
Ok but the last game them 3int's were due mostly to his throwing hand injury.

More notes:

Since Y2K, the Eagles are 12-4 versus Dallas.

McNabb is 10-5 vs. Cowboys.

Hank Baskett's first career high 112 yds came against Dallas (that was trumped last week).

Eagles have the 2nd best turnover ratio in the NFC since 1999.

Eagles are tied with New England for best road record in NFL since 2000.

McNabb has the best career interception % in NFL history. Only Tom Brady has a better turnover ratio than McNabb in NFL history. McNabb is also the second highest rated QB in the red zone, among active QBs.

Dallas has more MNF victories than anyone else in NFL history.

Pacman Jones holds the Titans team record with longest punt return, 90 yards for TD against Philadelphia in 2006.

In and ready to go, even from a hotel room in Burbank.

It's still daylight out here, it is not ready for football.

JEDI Time. Mookie runs big tonight.

WTF is with this national anthem? Just sing it like it's meant to be sung. Why do certain people feel the need to do this to The Star Spangeled Banner?

That was horrible. GB people booing that, I know it's the National Anthem, but that was a disgusting rendition.

Users who are viewing this thread