What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week 3 Picks*** (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pasquino

Footballguy
First of all, take these all with a grain of salt.

Secondly, these are for educational purposes only.

Third - I think it is a major mistake to try and predict all games.

My ranking system is based on "Stars", which gauges how strongly I feel about each pick.

Week 3 - These will be brief as there are not many games of interest this week. In fact, I'd recommend to take the week off as there's not any really compelling game at all.... but if I must....

Here we go:

*ONE STAR GAMES*

Philadelphia Eagles (-3) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers - (1 star)

While Eagles fans are still recovering from the Dallas MNF game, the Eagles players got ready in a hurry for Pittsburgh. Two top teams meet again, but Philly's offense is the best unit in the game. Also, Big Ben isn't 100% regardless of what you tell me, and they struggled to put up just 10 on Cleveland. Give me the hot offense here. Eagles by 6 or 7.

If you can't find the "3", get the 1/2 point to be safe. Then again, pass on the game....

Green Bay Packers (+3) vs. Dallas Cowboys - (1 star)

I really don't want to touch this game, and I kind of like the over as well (51) as I don't see either team struggling to find the end zone. In case you forgot, Dallas gave up 37 points on Monday Night and it is a short week. Dallas has not won a game in the Super Bowl era in Green Bay I believe (0-5), or so a Dallas fan told me this week. That's an interesting stat, but has no bearing on Aaron Rodgers. Look for this to be another high-scoring fantasy point bonanza. Give me the home dog.

Arizona Cardinals (+3) at Washington Redskins - (1 star)

This is the closest thing I have to a 2-star game, so take that under advisement. Washington isn't that good, and Arizona is much better than advertised. I don't believe that Washington can hold Warner / Fitz / Boldin under 24, and I don't see how the Redskins get close to that number. Arizona's defense is actually good and Warner is on fire. Washington's WR woes would be the talk of the league if not for Seattle's messy situation. The 'skins have Santana Moss, ARE, and a big pile of squat for WR3 options this week. Look for the Cards to win this game outright.

**TWO STAR GAMES**

None. Sorry. Move along.

***THREE STAR GAMES***

None. Didn't you hear me hating on this week earlier?

Good luck this week, and remember that if you are tempting fate and actually wagering on these games to bet with your head and not over it.

Enjoy the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, I'll give you the lock of the week, the game to bet a mortgage payment on. It is the ................................................

Cleveland Brown +2 1/2

I know people are starting to hate on the Browns and DA but they have played 2 of the best teams in the NFL so far. This week they get to face an offense led by a rookie qb and rb and a sorry oline. The Ravens defense is said to be back but they have only faced Cincinnati so how good really are they? I think Cle. gets up early and by a lot by the first half.

I'm calling the final 28-10

It seems like everyone is picking the Eagles this week. Everyone on ESPN picked them. Even Gerry Dulac from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette picked them. I will gladly take the Steelers straight up and getting 3 points is gravy. I'm hoping I can get the line at 4 prior to kickoff with all of the Philly homers around here. The Pittsburgh defense is far superior to the Dallas defense. Polamalu and the LBs will do all they can to neutralize Westbrook and make McNabb beat them. While McNabb has looked great, he also fell apart when it counted late in the MNF game. The big play worries me, but hopefully Ike Taylor and company can run with the WRs. He did a pretty good job against Andre Johnson and Braylon Edwards. And never discount Roethlisberger. He plays at his best when the pressure is on and the odds are against the Steelers. I attribute the 10 points against Cleveland to the weather and the Steelers just playing conservative with a "win and get out of here with Ben healthy" approach. I've also read that the Steelers have not tapped deep into their playoff with two relatively easy games to start the season. Time to dust off some new wrinkles.

Steelers by a FG.

ETA: If the Eagles do win, I still think it will only be by a FG. The 3 points is a push then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, I'll give you the lock of the week, the game to bet a mortgage payment on. It is the ................................................

Cleveland Brown +2 1/2

I know people are starting to hate on the Browns and DA but they have played 2 of the best teams in the NFL so far. This week they get to face an offense led by a rookie qb and rb and a sorry oline. The Ravens defense is said to be back but they have only faced Cincinnati so how good really are they? I think Cle. gets up early and by a lot by the first half.

I'm calling the final 28-10
I like Cleveland this week as well. Good call. Still not a very strong week, and we've only seen Baltimore once. Cam Cameron will run the ball 40 times this week with 3 different backs, so we'll see how well the Browns D holds up.

Users who are viewing this thread