Mozeta

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 18-August 06

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

Especially with this weeks match up.

I understand he has had two consecutive 400 yard passing games with 3 passing TD. But it was against two of the worst pass defenses in the league. What has he done when facing a good pass D? He played a good Colts 4 just weeks ago and had 200 yards and an interception. I can't understand why FBG's has him ranked so high in week 13 with the Pats facing the best pass D, the best run D and the best overall D in the league. He has faced some of the worst pass defenses in the league in this year (Dolphins x 2, Jets x 2, Rams, Broncos, Chargers, 49ers, Chiefs) and until two weeks ago, has not been all that impressive.

Can someone convince me why he is a must start over guys available on many waiver wires with better match ups.
Garcia vs Saints 24th ranked pass D
Garrard vs Texans 13th ranked pass D
Flacco vs Bangles 15th ranked pass D
Edwards vs 49ers 29th ranked pass D
Collins vs Lions 19th ranked pass D
Hill vs Bills 16th ranked pass D
Rosenfels vs Jaguars 14th ranked pass D
"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

#2 Phlash

Phlash

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Joined 02-March 04
  • Interests:Football

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

400 yards passing 2 weeks in a row.
Looks like a legit NFL QB.
Has Randy Moss.
Has Wes Welker.
Has Josh McDaniels.
No running game.
Patriots have to pass to win.

Brady is the best QB ever and Cassel is closing in.

#3 harryhood

harryhood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:30 AM

Own him in FFOC only and he has single handedly help me make the cut the last two weeks as my FLEX option. In that format he is consistently putting up positive points and they only take 1 away for an interception. Looks like NE has finally figure out what he is capable of and he does that very well.

Every now and again there comes a guy towards the end of the year who just puts up big numbers....if this year it is indeed Cassel, I am not going to miss that boat with him on my bench.

NE struggles to run the ball and they give up points. Perfect storm to keep Cassel throwing, and BB knows to keep it to those short throws. The yardage looks like it will always be there. The TDs are what will separate the big weeks from the so-so weeks.

#4 SeniorVBDStudent

SeniorVBDStudent

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,532 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

400 yards passing 2 weeks in a row.Looks like a legit NFL QB.Has Randy Moss.Has Wes Welker.Has Josh McDaniels.No running game.Patriots have to pass to win.

Last year, 3 of the olinemen went to the pro bowl. Injuries which have plagued the oline from the superbowl through current are pretty much cleared up now. While the numbers against Pitt might not be there, the Pats are positioned to make a run if the oline stays healthy.
Mu.

#5 Steady Mooobin

Steady Mooobin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Joined 26-January 08

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:34 AM

Because he appears to be every bit as good as Brady now that he has a half a season worth of games under his belt.
XBOXLIVE STEADYMOBBIN 22 Madden Franchise Cowboys

#6 puckalicious

puckalicious

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:21 AM

I'm probably going to start Cassel this week over Rodgers - but this is a prime example of "chasing" points so I'm sure Cassel will put up a stinker.

Can we morph this into a "I'm starting Cassel over ____" thread?

#7 Buzzworth

Buzzworth

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 18-April 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:29 AM

I am starting him over Brees just for fun. I am already eliminated from the playoffs.

Edited by Buzzworth, 27 November 2008 - 06:30 AM.

#8 glvsav37

glvsav37

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,999 posts
  • Joined 03-September 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:24 AM

14 12/7/08 @ SEA 4:05pm
15 12/14/08 @ OAK 4:15pm

16 12/21/08 ARI 1:00pm
17 12/28/08 @ BUF 1:00pm

divisional play off weeks for me. thats why I scooped him
"True love is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have true love, then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump outta your bathroom blindfolded like a ### #### magic show ready to double team your girlfriend..."

Sluttiness like this is just another reason I would still totally have sex with Pam Anderson. The girl was my childhood fantasy. Turning down a ride on her would be like turning down a ride on the Millennium Falcon.

www.keithgdesign.com

#9 savemejee

savemejee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 10-September 07

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

14 12/7/08 @ SEA 4:05pm
15 12/14/08 @ OAK 4:15pm

16 12/21/08 ARI 1:00pm
17 12/28/08 @ BUF 1:00pm

divisional play off weeks for me. thats why I scooped him

Playing at Seattle is always rough and Oakland has one of the pass defenses, partly because their run D is so bad, so not sure why you think those are good matchups , but the best of luck to ya.

Cassel still can't throw a deep ball, but he'll be good yardage-wise against defenses that stop the run like the Jets and Miami because of all the dumpoffs to running backs and Welker which they use as their running game.

#10 munchkin

munchkin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

It's not just the 400 yds it's the way he is seeing the field. He has never really forced the ball into coverage making him susceptible to interceptions. A lot of his yards have come from receivers YAC but part of that is because they spread the field and he often gets the receivers one on one with the d'backs with an opportunity to run.

If you can't see the difference between Collins, Hill, Rosenfels and Cassel maybe you ought to choose a different hobby.
The overhead view is of me in a maze
And you see what I'm hunting a few steps away
And I take a wrong turn and I'm on the wrong path
And the people all watching enjoy a good laugh

#11 PatrickT

PatrickT

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,861 posts
  • Joined 07-October 07

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

I'll be sitting him for Cutler, but after that, I think it's going to be Cassel. I think he comes back to earth this week v PIT.

#12 MOAT

MOAT

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 611 posts
  • Joined 29-September 06

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

I'm starting Garrard over Cassel. I think the PitT D holds them down this week.

#13 ffldrew

ffldrew

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,572 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

I have had him on the bench the last two weeks and really could have used those points - but I am going with Garcia again. I like the matchup with the Saints and a possible shootout. Cassel has not reached the "always start your studs" league just yet and I would be looking at him for a favorable matchup and the Steelers are not the D you want a young and somewhat inexperienced QB going against.

#14 Fear & Loathing

Fear & Loathing

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Joined 11-August 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

Because he appears to be every bit as good as Brady now that he has a half a season worth of games under his belt.

:lmao: :lmao: :loco: :confused: :lmao:
"I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

#15 Mozeta

Mozeta

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 18-August 06

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

It's not just the 400 yds it's the way he is seeing the field. He has never really forced the ball into coverage making him susceptible to interceptions. A lot of his yards have come from receivers YAC but part of that is because they spread the field and he often gets the receivers one on one with the d'backs with an opportunity to run.If you can't see the difference between Collins, Hill, Rosenfels and Cassel maybe you ought to choose a different hobby.

I'm not saying there is not a difference between them, but I do see a big difference between who they are playing against in week 13.

#16 Big_Russel

Big_Russel

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,933 posts
  • Joined 14-January 08

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

:lmao:
Carver is on vacation. But if he were here, the above is what he would have to say about this.

Cartel guy: Don't try to pull that Keyser Soze ##### on me Walter White. I know you're not a retaard.
Walt Jr: {Chewbacca roar}

I could build a wrong machine powered by concentrated wrongness and it couldn't match the consistency that LHUCKS displays on these boards.

#17 Mozeta

Mozeta

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 18-August 06

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

Does anyone seriously think Cassle will be the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring QB this week? :confused:

#18 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66,344 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

Lets not get carried away.

E il mio non le dice niente?

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#19 puckalicious

puckalicious

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone seriously think Cassle will be the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring QB this week? :D

Some of the FBG sure seem to. I don't consider them crazy.

#20 Steady Mooobin

Steady Mooobin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Joined 26-January 08

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

:loco:

:ptts: :bag: :loco: :bag: :lmao:

Hook, line, and sinker. :thumbup:

#21 Fear & Loathing

Fear & Loathing

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Joined 11-August 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :loco: :lmao: :lmao:

Hook, line, and sinker. :lol:

You may be just joking, but you could get a non-Collinsworth network job with that kind of analysis.For your next act, just try to convince us that Kerry Collins is a legit MVP candidate and you're hired.

Edited by Fear & Loathing, 27 November 2008 - 08:58 PM.

"I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

#22 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66,344 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :loco: :lmao: :loco:

Hook, line, and sinker. :lmao:

So you were fishing? Isn't that against the spirit of the Shark Pool? :lol:

E il mio non le dice niente?

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#23 Routilla

Routilla

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,958 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

If I had known the AZ WRs were going to drop most of the passes that hit them in the hands I would have started Cassel. Oh and don't bother, I'm already :ptts: while I hit my Captain Morgans :bag:
Formerly #227

#24 EthnicFury

EthnicFury

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 21-June 08

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

if he blows up again this week against PIT, i'll be starting him over Peyton the rest of the way...which is when he'll probably fall apart

#25 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,941 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

I feel bad for the team that overspends for him as a free agent. System QB just like Brady. Or do great 6th & 7th round draft picks just fall into Belichick's lap?
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#26 Borat

Borat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

I feel bad for the team that overspends for him as a free agent. System QB just like Brady. Or do great 6th & 7th round draft picks just fall into Belichick's lap?

:goodposting:

#27 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,941 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:23 PM

I'll bump this when Cassel falls on his face for his new team.
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#28 Borat

Borat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

That's not what I was rolling my eyes at. This is: System QB just like Brady.

#29 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,941 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

:rolleyes:

Okay, I'll bite.

Hard to prove that since he'll more than likely retire a Pat. But he would not be as good with any other team, that's why he was passed over so many times by the entire league. They both play for the best NFL coach ever.

Edited by Leroy Hoard, 28 November 2008 - 01:33 PM.

#30 Borat

Borat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Hard to prove that since he'll more than likely retire a Pat. But he would not be as good with any other team, that's why he was passed over so many times by the entire league. They both play for the best NFL coach ever.

This is a pretty weak argument to back up the assertion that Brady is a system QB. Do you honestly believe that if that draft could be done over, Brady would go any lower than the 1st overall pick?

#31 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,941 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:42 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

This is a pretty weak argument to back up the assertion that Brady is a system QB. Do you honestly believe that if that draft could be done over, Brady would go any lower than the 1st overall pick?

LOL. By the same guys who passed him over 6 times? Just because they would take him now doesn't mean they would get the same performance. Or do you think he would have won the Lions a few Super Bowls by now? The better Cassel gets under NE's system the more my point is proven. Will it take a 3rd unknown QB to make you believe?

Edited by Leroy Hoard, 28 November 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#32 Phlash

Phlash

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Joined 02-March 04

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

LOL. By the same guys who passed him over 6 times? Just because they would take him now doesn't mean they would get the same performance. Or do you think he would have won the Lions a few Super Bowls by now?

The Patriots WERE the Lions before Brady/Belichick.

#33 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,941 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:48 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

LOL. By the same guys who passed him over 6 times? Just because they would take him now doesn't mean they would get the same performance. Or do you think he would have won the Lions a few Super Bowls by now?

True, but Belichick never worked for the Lions. He's too smart for that.

#34 Borat

Borat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

They would certainly be far better off.

Obviously, any player is going to be more successful if he is working with better players and coaches. This is true for anyone; not just Tom Brady. Is Joe Montana a "system QB" because he played under Bill Walsh, with the likes of Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, etc? Is Peyton Manning a "system QB" because he's had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James to play with?

#35 Borat

Borat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Belichick started his career with the Lions. :wall:

#36 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,941 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Obviously, any player is going to be more successful if he is working with better players and coaches. This is true for anyone; not just Tom Brady. Is Joe Montana a "system QB" because he played under Bill Walsh, with the likes of Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, etc? Is Peyton Manning a "system QB" because he's had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James to play with?

Until they do it in two different systems, yes they are.

#37 5-ish Finkle

5-ish Finkle

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,738 posts
  • Joined 27-July 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

The guy DID work for the Browns AND wore those ridiculous headbands.
I celebrate all kinds of sausages.

#38 Borat

Borat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

So you're of the opinion that the Patriots ran the same offensive system in 2007 that they did in 2001?

#39 bonesman

bonesman

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Joined 17-October 04

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

The guy DID work for the Browns AND wore those ridiculous headbands.

LMFAO.... speaking of ridiculous headbands, I only clicked this topic to see what funny pic of Cecil/Sig you had as your avatar today.

nice

#40 Ned

Ned

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,429 posts
  • Joined 20-March 06
  • Interests:fantasy football dominatrix

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

lol @ the multiple :goodposting: in this thread.

#41 Steady Mooobin

Steady Mooobin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Joined 26-January 08

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Like Montana did?

#42 Finless

Finless

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,813 posts
  • Joined 27-August 06

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

The Rice bandwagon was like watching a shortbus full of chimpanzees pulling out of the zoo.

#1 Fan

#43 nflslant08

nflslant08

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

Agreed, lol... I'll believe that when he has 3 Super Bowls. Brady could be the best ever when all is said and done - so long as he comes back healthy from his ACL injury. I do think Cassel will be a solid NFL QB, though. Might have a little bit of a transition from the Pats offense, which he has been in for several years now, to a new offense. But his decision making, accuracy and ability to get the ball downfield the past few weeks has been quite impressive.

#44 Pat Patriot

Pat Patriot

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,928 posts
  • Joined 02-June 05

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

The Patriots finally took the training wheels off of Cassel. Personally I feel if the Pats had done this earlier, they would have beaten the Colts somewhat easily. The Colts game was the worst coached game in the Belichick era (even worse than the SB).

The Patriots do have a great system. However, for every one who thinks Belichick made Brady, there is at least one who will remind you of Belichicks record as the Cleveland Browns coach. Is it Brady or Belichick?
QUOTE(MarshallPlan @ Oct 5 2006, 05:43 PM)

It's baseball here Doug, it's just baseball.

#45 Phlash

Phlash

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,029 posts
  • Joined 02-March 04

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

:confused:

#46 Avery

Avery

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,136 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

I'm starting Garrard over Cassel. I think the PitT D holds them down this week.

I'm in the same boat and thinking about going the same way.

I like the way Cassel is scoring right now and love his closing schedule but this week vs the Steelers I also have a tough time figuring how in my scoring system (high performance with 4 pts per passing TD) Grey has Cassel as the #1 QB this week and Dodds/Norton have him almost as high.

Especially since the Pats don't have a great ground game, aren't the Steelers pass rushers going to pin their ears back and go straight for Cassel?
As a Cassel owner looking forward to his playoff schedule (@Sea, @Oak, Ari) forget about how many points he puts up, I'm just hoping he comes out of the Steelers game relatively unscathed.

Edited by Avery, 28 November 2008 - 05:20 PM.

#47 puckalicious

puckalicious

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Joined 13-September 04

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

NFL Network today talked about how NE has owned PIT in the recent past. With Brady that is. But I think Belichick knows what he is doing with or without Brady, and I hope Cassel will do as well as Brady has against PIT since I'm starting him this week:
YR TEAM CMP ATT PYD Y/A FD PTD INT FANT PT 1 2002 NE 29 43 294 6.84 14 3 0 32.70 2 2005 NE 31 41 372 9.07 19 0 1 16.60 3 2007 NE 32 46 399 8.67 18 4 0 44.35 4 2004 NE 25 43 271 6.30 17 2 2 21.55

#48 David Yudkin

David Yudkin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,567 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:19 AM

The Steelers have not allowed a team to go over 300 yards from scrimmage this season. I would expect that Cassel will struggle a lot more this week.
"How do you feel about your team's execution?"- Reporter
"I'm all for it!"- John McKay, former coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Winner of FBG Staff Leagues in 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011.

#49 perry147

perry147

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,753 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

The Steelers have not allowed a team to go over 300 yards from scrimmage this season. I would expect that Cassel will struggle a lot more this week.

Cassel was 19/39 169 Yards and 2 INTs.I didn't get to see the game but from what I can tell he was about as effective against the Steelers that other QB's have been.

This is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Please light your keyboard on fire.

don't pull kitty's whiskers = free the slaves or I'll throw frogs at you

#50 Avery

Avery

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,136 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

Cassel was 19/39 169 Yards and 2 INTs.I didn't get to see the game but from what I can tell he was about as effective against the Steelers that other QB's have been.

Bad stats are bad stats but Light couldn't block anybody and the Pats receivers did Cassel no favors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users