OFFICIAL 2008 FOOTBALLGUYS YEAR END ALBUM POLL
These are the rules we've used in the past, still work for everyone, or should we do some tinkering? The one thing that happens with the assigned points is one person can love an album, give it 30 points and it finds it's way into the midsection of the countdown. It puts an album "loved" by one person ahead of one that was "liked" by 3 or 4 people, which can be either a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Personally, I think it adds some diversity to the chart but maybe we should roll the max per album back to 25?
- You have 200 points to distribute as you see fit among 10 to 20 albums.
- No album can be given more than 30 points
- You can also simply post your top 10-20 albums in order and they will be awarded points in a descending order from 19-1.
- Any album consisting of new/previously unreleased material released in 2008 is eligible (No compilations/reissues)
- Live Albums must have been recorded and released in 2008.
- You can post your album rankings/points assignments here or PM them to me (PMing them to me adds some mystery as to how the final results shake out, but if some people just want to post a top 10/20 list, that's fine too).
- I'll accept any submissions until January 19th (a Monday Night) The countdown will take place on January the 20th in a new thread I'll start. I'll run through the whole list on one day.
- The more participants the better
- Let's try to keep this near the top of the page for the next couple weeks.
EXAMPLE 1 - Points Assigned:
The Beatles - Abbey Road - 30
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed - 30
The Band - The Band - 25
The Who - Tommy - 20
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin - 15
Led Zeppelin - II - 10
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground - 10
The Stooges - The Stooges - 10
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River - 10
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats - 10
Neil Young with Crazy Horse -Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere - 5
Elvis Presley - From Elvis in Memphis - 5
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams - 5
Crosby, Stills and Nash - Crosby, Stills and Nash - 5
The Flying Burrito Bros - The Gilded Palace of Sin - 5
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King - 1
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left - 1
Sly and the Family Stone - Stand! - 1
Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis - 1
Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica - 1
Example 2 - Albums Ranked
1. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (will be awarded 19 points)
2. Led Zeppelin - IV (will be awarded 18 points)
3. The Who - Who's Next (will be awarded 17 points)
4. Joni Mitchell -Blue (will be awarded 16 points)
5. The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers (will be awarded 15 points)
6. Sly and the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On (will be awarded 14 points)
7. David Bowie - Hunky Dory (will be awarded 13 points)
8. Carole King - Tapestry (will be awarded 12 points)
9. John Lennon - Imagine (will be awarded 11 points)
10. The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East (will be awarded 10 points)
11. Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story (will be awarded 10 points)
12. T. Rex - Electric Warrior (will be awarded 9 points)
13. Janis Joplin - Pearl (will be awarded 8 points)
14. The Doors - L.A. Woman (will be awarded 7 points)
15. Can - Tago Mago (will be awarded 6 points)
16. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate (will be awarded 5 points)
17. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (will be awarded 4 points)
18. The Beach Boys - Surf's Up (will be awarded 3 points)
19. Jethro Tull - Aqualung (will be awarded 2 points)
20. Yes - Fragile (will be awarded 1 points)
Edited by Northern Voice, 15 January 2009 - 01:23 PM.