• Pip
  • 526 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

:pickle:
We get Pats-Cards on Fox?!?!
WTMF?!?!?!?!
:mellow:

Edited by Peter_Griffin, 17 December 2008 - 02:51 PM.

#2 QuizGuy66

QuizGuy66

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,988 posts
  • Joined 15-August 03

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hating the Patriots is a full time occupation for Jets fans.
HTH
-QG

#3 Peter_Griffin

Peter_Griffin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 526 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hating the Patriots is a full time occupation for Jets fans.HTH-QG

#### the Jets and the Pats. I wanna watch some football! :unsure:

#4 rockalum

rockalum

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 564 posts
  • Joined 30-June 08

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

are you trying to be stupid?

it's fox's doubleheader day. cbs has 1 game. therefore, you get the jets at 4 p.m. you get no 1 p.m. game on cbs. on fox, you get a doubleheader with the pats at 1 and someone else at 4 (i didn't take the time to check for your).

#5 Rovers

Rovers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

Maybe we would just rather watch the best game that is on at 1PM? The two best teams in the AFC? AZ is already mailing their games in. I'd rather get the best game... typical Pats fan self importance and well, stupidity. It isn't the Pats I don't like, it's their cluelss fans... LOL.But to answer the poster, it's a FOX game. Since AZ is NFC, and are away, it's a FOX game, an NFC game. The TV deal, as wierd as it is, says if the Giants don't play at one or four o'clock, and the Jets are away at 4pm, Fox gets an NFC game at 1pm, and FOX gets the NY area doubleheader, a game at 1, a game at 4.
"I see friends shaking hands, saying 'How do you do?', what they are really saying is I love you... It's a woo-oonderful world..." Louie Armstrong, master of life, loving and living.

#6 meanjoegreen

meanjoegreen

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,612 posts
  • Joined 20-July 05

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

CBS is carrying the Steelers game here (North Carolina) at 1, and Fox is carrying the Pats/AZ game.

#7 SeniorVBDStudent

SeniorVBDStudent

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,539 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

Maybe we would just rather watch the best game that is on at 1PM? The two best teams in the AFC? AZ is already mailing their games in. I'd rather get the best game... typical Pats fan self importance and well, stupidity. It isn't the Pats I don't like, it's their cluelss fans... LOL.But to answer the poster, it's a FOX game. Since AZ is NFC, and are away, it's a FOX game, an NFC game. The TV deal, as wierd as it is, says if the Giants don't play at one or four o'clock, and the Jets are away at 4pm, Fox gets an NFC game at 1pm, and FOX gets the NY area doubleheader, a game at 1, a game at 4.

Tell the truth; you're nervous about that Seattle game aren't you? :thumbup: Cuz if you lose that game, you run the chance of being bounced from the playoffs by Chad Pennington. Oops!
Mu.

#8 Choke

Choke

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,348 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
  • Interests:King of the :curbstomp:

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Count your blessing, Im getting the freakin' Raiders/Texans. :popcorn:
Sarah Palin: A clown short of a circus.

“By attacking the democratically elected President of the United States of America at a sensitive time in her country’s history, Sarah Palin shows the tact of a boorish drunkard bawling obscenities at a funeral….

And now she turns not only against the fibre and backbone of her country, but against its democratically elected President, accusing him of being incompetent for not stopping Wikileaks. Where was she and where was her GOP before and during the 9/11 attacks? She accuses President Obama of not taking “steps” to assure the leaks were not published. What “steps”?……

If anything is a threat to the national security of the United States of America, it is this screaming, unrefined oaf with as much class as a searing release of flatulence followed by hysterical giggling at a state banquet. Is this what the people of the USA deserve?"

>>> http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UhMepzqJvIw <<<

#9 Joe Bryant

Joe Bryant

Footballguy

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 35,792 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

are you trying to be stupid?

If / when you get back, don't go here again. TIA.J

Joe Bryant
Owner - www.Footballguys.com
Why Subscribe to Footballguys?

#10 Rovers

Rovers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

Tell the truth; you're nervous about that Seattle game aren't you? ;) Cuz if you lose that game, you run the chance of being bounced from the playoffs by Chad Pennington. Oops!

Typical trash talk moronic nonsense that I have come to expect from Pats fans. The Jets have been awful, Favre in particular, and I expect them to lose to Seattle. Happy now? I don't just blindly root for my team. I'm a football fan. An objective student of the game. You might want to try this. It's fun. But... Pats fans have that "gang" mentality. A rational football discussion is not possible when facing such toolishness. You are a senior? In what? High school? :kicksrock:
"I see friends shaking hands, saying 'How do you do?', what they are really saying is I love you... It's a woo-oonderful world..." Louie Armstrong, master of life, loving and living.

#11 SeniorVBDStudent

SeniorVBDStudent

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,539 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

Hating the Patriots is a full time occupation for Jets fans.
HTH
-QG

Maybe we would just rather watch the best game that is on at 1PM? The two best teams in the AFC? AZ is already mailing their games in. I'd rather get the best game... typical Pats fan self importance and well, stupidity. It isn't the Pats I don't like, it's their cluelss fans... LOL.

But to answer the poster, it's a FOX game. Since AZ is NFC, and are away, it's a FOX game, an NFC game. The TV deal, as wierd as it is, says if the Giants don't play at one or four o'clock, and the Jets are away at 4pm, Fox gets an NFC game at 1pm, and FOX gets the NY area doubleheader, a game at 1, a game at 4.

Tell the truth; you're nervous about that Seattle game aren't you? :P

Cuz if you lose that game, you run the chance of being bounced from the playoffs by Chad Pennington. Oops!

Typical trash talk moronic nonsense that I have come to expect from Pats fans.

The Jets have been awful, Favre in particular, and I expect them to lose to Seattle. Happy now? I don't just blindly root for my team. I'm a football fan. An objective student of the game. You might want to try this. It's fun. But... Pats fans have that "gang" mentality. A rational football discussion is not possible when facing such toolishness. You are a senior? In what? High school? :kicksrock:

I'm a football fan. An objective student of the game.

<_< :scared: :lmao:

Relax, Francis.
Mu.

#12 QuizGuy66

QuizGuy66

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,988 posts
  • Joined 15-August 03

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

Incidentally I was kinda joking as surely it's all about the Fox doubleheader week.
None of this affects me actually (I'll be going to a sports bar to watch my Who Deys and whatever games impact my fantasy championship).

Anything that's not Jets or Giants around here is basically a gift as on most weekends around here that's all we get.

-QG

#13 Tanner9919

Tanner9919

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,146 posts
  • Joined 19-September 07

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:39 AM

:unsure: We get Pats-Cards on Fox?!?!WTMF?!?!?!?!:hot:

just my opinion.but maybe they're showing Pats/Cards becuase it has playoff implications with the Jets, so for the NY audience, it makes sense to show that game.

#14 bcr8f

bcr8f

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

Why didn't they show the Packers game in northern Wisconsin/Minnesota when the Vikings on Fox.

#15 Peter_Griffin

Peter_Griffin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 526 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

Incidentally I was kinda joking as surely it's all about the Fox doubleheader week.

That's the point I don't get. Why can't they both show doubleheaders?I realize we always get the Jets and Giants and that they usually do not put another game on opposite a Jets or Giants game. But there is no Jet/Giant game on at 1:00 and thus I don't see why we can't get both a CBS and FOX game.

#16 Marked

Marked

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

That's the point I don't get. Why can't they both show doubleheaders?I realize we always get the Jets and Giants and that they usually do not put another game on opposite a Jets or Giants game. But there is no Jet/Giant game on at 1:00 and thus I don't see why we can't get both a CBS and FOX game.

Because the NFL wants you to buy the NFL Ticket on Direct TV.$$$$$$$

Edited by Marked, 18 December 2008 - 01:14 PM.

#17 biggamer3

biggamer3

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,309 posts
  • Joined 13-July 06

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

If Jets win vs Hawks and Pats and ravens lose this week, do the Jets clinch a playoff birth?
Many players, consequently, are financial prey. "Disreputable people see athletes' money as very easy to get to," says Steven Baker, an agent who represents 20 NFL players.

#18 Rovers

Rovers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

When FOX loses the NYG game, they don't have a Sunday afternoon NY market game. That gives them the right (as per the NFL TV deal) to carry a double header. CBS gets a NY market game (the Jets) at 4pm. They don't get a double header when they can air a NY market team on Sunday afternoon. They DO get a doubleheader if the JETS don't play a 1 pm or a 4pm game and the Giants are away. It's pretty complicated, actually. It is, as usual, all about the $$$... the ratings. That is what drives all of this stuff. The very last thing they worry about is what the fans want.

#19 Peter_Griffin

Peter_Griffin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 526 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

When FOX loses the NYG game, they don't have a Sunday afternoon NY market game. That gives them the right (as per the NFL TV deal) to carry a double header. CBS gets a NY market game (the Jets) at 4pm. They don't get a double header when they can air a NY market team on Sunday afternoon. They DO get a doubleheader if the JETS don't play a 1 pm or a 4pm game and the Giants are away. It's pretty complicated, actually. It is, as usual, all about the $$$... the ratings. That is what drives all of this stuff. The very last thing they worry about is what the fans want.

If it's about $$$$$ and ratings, why wouldn't both networks have doubleheaders all the time as long as there is no conflict with the local team? ##### NFL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users