What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFFL Cash Meltdown Part II? (1 Viewer)

With the AFFL having 2 years of no show management do you think you would risk it in 2009?

• YES I'LL PLAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO WAY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NFLRAGE

Footballguy
AFFL Prize update...

It is now February 5, 2009 and I along with many other AFFL prize winners have not received their "Confirmation Email" as stated in one of the owners posts on the AFFL Forum;

RE: Confirmation Email - 1/7/2009 1:00:53 PM

Commissioner Bob

Administrator

The first of two confirmation emails will be going out today, and the second one will go out on Thursday or Friday.

In this first email, you will have listed the prize you won for a given team. You will receive an email for each prize you won. In the second email, you will be given a link to confirm your prize electronically, and give you ss # for a 1099 if your prize was over $600.

I talked with Wade today and I am getting the sinking feeling that we may be looking at Neil Wickham part 2. If anyone has any input on the subject let's hear it...maybe Wade and Robert will as well...Don't forget to participate in the poll.

It boggles my mind that this issue got buried in the "looking for leagues" when it could hurt many of FBGs customers - you would think the more info out on it the better.

If people didn't know about last year's crimes then I give them a pass but if you joined with full knowledge then you are crazy!

Maybe the authorities will finally be involved this time..

This thread should be a memorial to those who were ripped off by these people !!!! I know one thing, and that is I would have spent double my winnings in attorney fees to bring these a-holes down.

Players should know that there are many high stakes option with a history of payment and/or safety.

1. At the FFPC, of which I am part-owner, our league Champions/winners were all paid by mid-December, and all other Satellite and Championship round winner were paid by early January, after week 16 results went final. We also secured (and will again secure) all prize money in an attorney escrow account that we cannot even access except to pay players at the end of the season. This was done precisely because of the first AFFL.

2. The NFFC is another high stakes contest and has an excellent history. I played and was successful this year and have gotten paid every penny owed to me. They are part of Krause Publications and run by Greg Ambrosius, an industry veteran.

3. The WCOFF has been around since 2002 and are the biggest event. They have paid their league winners, but have not yet paid Satellite winners (the money is due in mid-February and will most certainly be paid.) I play WCOFF each year also and have always gotten paid.

4. There are others like Fantasy Jungle and Rotobowl that are fiscally sound and have a strong payment history. The FFOC, which is a low entry, huge player pool, big grand prize lottery-type contest has also paid out I think. I have not played these leagues, but they seem reputable enough.

As a high stakes player (that cannot play in my own contest), I have ZERO concern about losing my money to fraud when playing in the high stakes contests listed above. I do not want Footballguys members or subscribers to be dissuaded from playing in some of these events due to safety concerns. These high stakes contests, whether the main event or satellite leagues, are exhilarating to play, and should be experienced by all fantasy players that want to compete against the best of the best in fantasy football.

Dave Gerczak

Last edited by a moderator:
Why anyone would trust their money to those guys given last season's debacle, new ownership aside, is beyond me.

I hope for the player's sake that they get it worked out this time around. What a joke.

From what I know, I think hoping the owners will be in jail in time for the 2009 season might be reasonable.

AFFL Prize update...

It is now February 5, 2009 and I along with many other AFFL prize winners have not received their "Confirmation Email" as stated in one of the owners posts on the AFFL Forum;

RE: Confirmation Email - 1/7/2009 1:00:53 PM

Commissioner Bob

Administrator

The first of two confirmation emails will be going out today, and the second one will go out on Thursday or Friday.

In this first email, you will have listed the prize you won for a given team. You will receive an email for each prize you won. In the second email, you will be given a link to confirm your prize electronically, and give you ss # for a 1099 if your prize was over $600.

I talked with Wade today and I am getting the sinking feeling that we may be looking at Neil Wickham part 2. If anyone has any input on the subject let's hear it...maybe Wade and Robert will as well...Don't forget to participate in the poll.
contact people at FSTA(fantasy sports trade association) and see if they can help in anyway. They're not an authority like the police so I'm not sure what they can do but....it's worth sending an email.Some Qs to iron out before you email them-why does your email posted say 1/7 and this thread was 2/7. Were you giving it a month to see what happens? "Thursday and Friday" are what exact dates? Also try not to use "he" and "them". "Spell it out" crystal clearly for them and ....well good luck

It boggles my mind that this issue got buried in the "looking for leagues" when it could hurt many of FBGs customers - you would think the more info out on it the better. If people didn't know about last year's crimes then I give them a pass but if you joined with full knowledge then you are crazy! Maybe the authorities will finally be involved this time..
Post of the year. Why I still say a cut was part of it. Just saying.

The Ghost of Common said:
It boggles my mind that this issue got buried in the "looking for leagues" when it could hurt many of FBGs customers - you would think the more info out on it the better. If people didn't know about last year's crimes then I give them a pass but if you joined with full knowledge then you are crazy! Maybe the authorities will finally be involved this time..
Post of the year. Why I still say a cut was part of it. Just saying.
It was the issue of taking politically correctness going too far IMO. The notion ended up hurting a lot of FBG customers unfortunately, but Joe was reasoned with on multiple occasions and didn't change his stance. He's the boss at the end of the day and it's up to him.
'hurting a lot of FBG customers unfortunately'Good point. Something I didn't even think of.

I can't say anything nice here, so I won't say anything at all. I can't imagine why anyone would have signed up for this again....

Remember, AFFL is a friend of FBG so you can't talk bad about them or else it's unfounded and stuff. This thread will get shut down soon

I posted in the older thread but wanted to update the FBG community: I received my winnings yesterday and deposited the check in my bank. When the check clears I will confirm in this thread as well.

Users who are viewing this thread