#1 placeholder98

placeholder98

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,575 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

So a gb of mine pointed me to the RMT feature in the subscriber content. All I have to say is "wow". This is probably one of the coolest features around with the exception of the DD and PD. Normally I would think a tool like this would have a madlib feel to it, but it seems very seemless.

From rating the various players to suggestions for defenses that would complement the one I drafted to a complete schedule analysis for every player, this is flat out amazing.

Big kudos. This is awesome. Plus it said with good in season management I had a 90% chance to make the playoffs, so obviously the analysis is spot on.

:wall:
It's 'bout to get hectic.

#2 placeholder98

placeholder98

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,575 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

Woodrow thinks I have a 99% chance of making the playoffs.

Spending the money now.

:wall:

#3 Jason Wood

Jason Wood

Zoo York

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 8,382,893 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Woodrow thinks I have a 99% chance of making the playoffs.Spending the money now. :wall:

Attaboy bagger!

#4 Chicago Hooligan

Chicago Hooligan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

I expect this rates your team higher if you draft according to their rankings?

#5 placeholder98

placeholder98

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,575 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

I expect this rates your team higher if you draft according to their rankings?

Not sure, but I tweaked a lot of their base projections in the Projections Dominator. I think a lot of it is driven by value based on ADP as well.

#6 Jason Wood

Jason Wood

Zoo York

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 8,382,893 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

I expect this rates your team higher if you draft according to their projections rankings?

Fixed

#7 Chicago Hooligan

Chicago Hooligan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

But it is adjusted if you change the projectionss like bagger did, right?

#8 Rovers

Rovers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

I was pretty freakin surprised at how this was generated... obviously a lot of work went into this feature, and I must admit, it's likely better than any "rate my team" thread response one might hope for.

The team I submitted was in an IDP league, so results are skewed a bit, but based on the respones and critiques, you guys need to adjust at least 2 players IMHO.

Steve Smith, NYG you have ranked too low, and mark me words here gents.... Clowney may be this year's sleeper WR.

Still more than just a fun excersize, it's more than just being an amusing tool, some good insights in there.
"I see friends shaking hands, saying 'How do you do?', what they are really saying is I love you... It's a woo-oonderful world..." Louie Armstrong, master of life, loving and living.

#9 gianmarco

gianmarco

Footballguy

• RMT Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 16,694 posts
  • Joined 07-June 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

Btw, for those that aren't aware, there is now a link to this via MFL for your specific team.

If you go to your team page at MFL, look at top right portion of clickable links and you'll see a "FBG Rate My Team".

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent, last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it.

#10 placeholder98

placeholder98

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,575 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

Btw, for those that aren't aware, there is now a link to this via MFL for your specific team.If you go to your team page at MFL, look at top right portion of clickable links and you'll see a "FBG Rate My Team".

Nice heads up.Have MFL and didn't realize this.

#11 Lott's Fingertip

Lott's Fingertip

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Joined 05-June 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Btw, for those that aren't aware, there is now a link to this via MFL for your specific team.If you go to your team page at MFL, look at top right portion of clickable links and you'll see a "FBG Rate My Team".

I tried these links for two teams in my league and got a broken result. No rate my team, just a ginormous extra wide screen (like when you put 200 periods in a message board thread that screws up the word wrap) with a drop down menu of my league's teams, but nothing else.I used the RMT feature by manually entering my team a week or two ago and everything worked fine.I use Google Chrome, if that matters. It didn't when I manually did my own previously.
ALL running backs get injured. Those who have not gotten injured, just have not gotten injured YET. - Pro football reference
You cannot predict injuries, even though you think you can. - "Injury prone" and recency bias.

I suppose it's fine with me if you want to disagree with an entire branch of mathematics... that's your prerogative.

- SSOG

#12 Chicago Hooligan

Chicago Hooligan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.

#13 gianmarco

gianmarco

Footballguy

• RMT Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 16,694 posts
  • Joined 07-June 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.

"Try another hobby"?

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent, last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it.

#14 Futz

Futz

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 930 posts
  • Joined 14-June 03
  • Interests:Sports, fishing, fantasy football, aged whiskey

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

I was really amazed at it's accuracy. I realized it's totally ranking based, but it seemed dead nuts on in it's descriptons of my strengths and weaknesses. Pretty cool.
The Schwartz is strong with this one.

#15 Tillmanisahero

Tillmanisahero

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 939 posts
  • Joined 08-May 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

It is a great feature! I was amazed at how well it generates a response. I expected some kind of simple report card....ah far from it. It actually seems like someone sat down and looked over your team and wrote up a personalized evaluation.

Top notch job, FFG is the best not only in info but also in technology that it brings to game.

#16 CrossEyed

CrossEyed

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33,423 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Very nice feature. First time I have taken a look at it.
Flickr

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" - Philippians 3:14
"Yes, we have all been dealt a particular set of cards, and the cards will eventually be revealed. But how we play the hand is up to us." - Francis Collins
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also strong enough to take away everything you have." - Gerald Ford

#17 Rovers

Rovers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

It is a great feature! I was amazed at how well it generates a response. I expected some kind of simple report card....ah far from it. It actually seems like someone sat down and looked over your team and wrote up a personalized evaluation.Top notch job, FFG is the best not only in info but also in technology that it brings to game.

Agreed, and what MFL offers is some silly boilerplate thingy.... the FBG report is pretty surprising. Now, my rankings differ from the FBG's, so I don't agree with all the critiques, but some how they made it look very specific. Not just specific, but insightful. Pretty impressive.
"I see friends shaking hands, saying 'How do you do?', what they are really saying is I love you... It's a woo-oonderful world..." Louie Armstrong, master of life, loving and living.

#18 placeholder98

placeholder98

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,575 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":lmao:

#19 Bayhawks

Bayhawks

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

It is a great feature! I was amazed at how well it generates a response. I expected some kind of simple report card....ah far from it. It actually seems like someone sat down and looked over your team and wrote up a personalized evaluation.Top notch job, FFG is the best not only in info but also in technology that it brings to game.

I think it's a great feature too. I have input a number of "mock" lineups to try to determine the strongest team I could based on average auction values and ADP. I think it will be really useful with helping to determine whether a RB or WR would be better pick at certain rounds (or for certain prices), etc.

#20 Nate

Nate

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Awesome feature! Can't believe how in-depth it is. Thanks FBG!
/thread

The Texans ... shutout ... one of the ... passing offenses in the league. This team is for real.

#21 Chase Stuart

Chase Stuart

Footballguy

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 27,862 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Big props to Doug on this one. He spent countless hours on it, and it shows.
Why Subscribe to Footballguys? Please click here

#22 Avery

Avery

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,926 posts
  • Joined 18-May 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

I tried these links for two teams in my league and got a broken result. No rate my team, just a ginormous extra wide screen (like when you put 200 periods in a message board thread that screws up the word wrap) with a drop down menu of my league's teams, but nothing else.I used the RMT feature by manually entering my team a week or two ago and everything worked fine.I use Google Chrome, if that matters. It didn't when I manually did my own previously.

I got something similar from MFL using Safari. Works just fine when I put in my team manually.I think it's an absolutely awesome feature but with the thought that everything can be improved, I'd love to see a feature in "Rate my Team" where it can compare teams. Say I'm looking to make a trade it would compare the overall strength of my team before and after the trade.

#23 imeimex

imeimex

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 15-July 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

:( NASA will be calling whoever programmed this.

#24 djmich

djmich

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Extremely cool, love the added features like schedule for the players with color coding of matchups, recent news, etc. Impressive.

#25 two_dollars

two_dollars

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,526 posts
  • Joined 03-September 08

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

So where can I try this out?
Professional Sports Fan. I'm kind of a big deal.

#26 Art_VanDalay

Art_VanDalay

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts
  • Joined 30-April 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

KUDOS to anyone at FBG that had a hand in putting this together - it is truly awesome and I was really blown away the first time I used it. I have been doing mock teams as well to compare potential draft strategies so I was hoping to not mention to my leaguemates until AFTER the draft. :thumbup:
I WILL DOMINATE!

#27 stuckinthemuck

stuckinthemuck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 30-July 09

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

So where can I try this out?

http://subscribers.f...y-team/form.php

Really, really amazing feature. Totally unexpected. Mind-blowing analysis. Worth it just for the Defense pairings. Thanks FBG!

#28 David Dodds

David Dodds

Administrator

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 12,165 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

Just a heads up everyone that this FREE content for everyone. It is biased towards our projections, but you have your choice of using projections from me, Bob Henry, Jason Wood or Maurile Tremblay. This application really does showcase a lot of our databases and tools. There will be a season tool (for subscribers that looks at avaialble free agents, etc) that is constantly updated to the weekly and forward projections we release. It will likely debut a few weeks into the NFL season.

#29 placeholder98

placeholder98

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,575 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

Extremely cool, love the added features like schedule for the players with color coding of matchups, recent news, etc. Impressive.

:scared:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

#30 Novice2

Novice2

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

:thumbup:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

Go to team data in DD and in the bottom left corner there is a Rate this team with Rate my team option.

#31 dino259

dino259

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 850 posts
  • Joined 30-September 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

:thumbup:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

Go to team data in DD and in the bottom left corner there is a Rate this team with Rate my team option.

Does that work now or is there still a glitch that says there are not enough players?

#32 fatness

fatness

against the grain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22,299 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Wow, that is very nice.

#33 Novice2

Novice2

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,368 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

:coffee:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

Does that work now or is there still a glitch that says there are not enough players?

Just tried it for the first time myself and got the ''There aren't nearly enough players here. C'mon, enter a real team.'' message.Looks like if someone wants to do it this way they will have to send them a ''I clicked the link you provided so C'mon and fix your program.'' message.

#34 Philo

Philo

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Joined 01-September 08
  • Interests:None.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

:coffee:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

Glitch comes up 50/50, if you copy the URL in the window before submitting, it's easier to try again.Any way to make the email address optional? Just don't want to bother with it.

Edited by Philo, 15 August 2009 - 07:23 PM.

‘I am truly disappointed we are commencing our historic debate on one of the most significant and pressing domestic issues of our time with a process that has forestalled our ability to arrive at broader agreement on some of the most crucial elements of health care reform. The bottom line is, the most consequential health care legislation in the history of our country and the reordering of $33 trillion in health care spending over the coming decade shouldn’t be determined by one vote-margin strategies – surely we can and must do better.’

#35 Philo

Philo

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Joined 01-September 08

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

Looks like if someone wants to do it this way they will have to send them a ''I clicked the link you provided so C'mon and fix your program.'' message.

Every time I get that error, I'm tempted to go back and put "Drinen@footballguys.com, Dodds@footballguys.com, Bryant@footballguys.com" as my email address.
‘I am truly disappointed we are commencing our historic debate on one of the most significant and pressing domestic issues of our time with a process that has forestalled our ability to arrive at broader agreement on some of the most crucial elements of health care reform. The bottom line is, the most consequential health care legislation in the history of our country and the reordering of $33 trillion in health care spending over the coming decade shouldn’t be determined by one vote-margin strategies – surely we can and must do better.’

#36 Nate

Nate

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

There will be a season tool (for subscribers that looks at avaialble free agents, etc) that is constantly updated to the weekly and forward projections we release. It will likely debut a few weeks into the NFL season.

YES
/thread

The Texans ... shutout ... one of the ... passing offenses in the league. This team is for real.

#37 ookook

ookook

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,925 posts
  • Joined 12-June 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

Much like a self-report personality test, it told me nothing I did not already know. That is, I well know where my evaluations differed from the FBG experts and all it did was spit that back at me.

Just put your team into Excel with an export of the relevant DD projections and you are already there.

And there does tend to be a little group-think around here, in case we haven't noticed... :goodposting:

Edited by ookook, 15 August 2009 - 08:45 PM.

#38 Routilla

Routilla

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,872 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

Woodrow thinks I have a 99% chance of making the playoffs.Spending the money now. :goodposting:

I am also in the 99% club. $$$
Formerly #227

#39 Chicago Hooligan

Chicago Hooligan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hey, this is actually pretty cool, except for:

"With great inseason management, we think you have about a 45 percent chance of making the playoffs."

Although 50/50 is about what I expect for any league so I don't take offense.

edit: didn't see the 4 separate writer comparisons: Maurile Tremblay is on board at 70%.

Edited by Chicago Hooligan, 15 August 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#40 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,106 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

dodds doesn't like my team, yet it seems like the rest of them do
Shaun Hill projections don't really match wording unless Smith or Davis start

Twitter Formerly of USAToday, owner of FootballHangout. Creator of Mock Draft Simulator app on Google Play Store.

#41 pacman_fl

pacman_fl

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts
  • Joined 24-July 06

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

I did find out what the worst team's report looks like. This is the overview from the worst team in the dynasty I commish (unfortunately, the guy is great friend too). I laughed for 5 minutes over it.

Overview:

Wait. Are you serious?

You did your research. You put your years of experience to work. And this --- THIS --- is the team you ended up with? How is that even possible? Did you think this was a points-per-suck league?

To call this the

Worst.

Team.

Ever.

would forever cheapen those three words.

And what in the world is "(it has his team name here)" supposed to be anyway?

You know, normally I like this job. I get to sit here and assess people's fantasy teams. It's fun. I try to help them out. I learn from them and hopefully they learn a little from me. But then someone like you comes along and ruins it. WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS TEAM??! I could be using these electrons and milliseconds to rate the team of someone who cares. Someone with a chance. But that ain't you, buddy, that's for sure.

#42 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,106 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

It's a fun page. I love the mad lib-ish comments and the player news at the end.
It's a great feature

Twitter Formerly of USAToday, owner of FootballHangout. Creator of Mock Draft Simulator app on Google Play Store.

#43 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,106 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

possible future addition suggestion- # of weeks in season?
looking for 5 week option

#44 Philo

Philo

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Joined 01-September 08

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:14 PM

And there does tend to be a little group-think around here, in case we haven't noticed... :rolleyes:

:mellow:

#45 Rovers

Rovers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Joined 01-April 05

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

•With great inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs.
•With good inseason management, we think you have about a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs.
•With average inseason management, we think you have a 39 percent chance of making the playoffs

This rate my team feature, thankfully is not attempting to tell everyone what a great team you have. Again, this was an IDP redraft, and my LB corp is perhaps the best in the league. Sure would be cool if an IDP feature was included!

I look forward to inuptting my only remaining offense only keeper league roster once we have our draft. All of my other leagues are IDP.

Kudos to Doug on this.... what other site offers stuff like this? :thumbup:

#46 jaybaer

jaybaer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 22-September 05

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Wow, that is very nice.

The tie-in to DD is excellent. I ran about 20 mocks yesterday using DD, working different draft combinations for rounds 1-7, and then used the Rate My Team for each draft result to help determine best approach. I'm picking 4 in a PPR league where 9 studs are going to be keepers this year, so guys that typically would be 2.12 in a redraft are going to be 2.3. DD and the Rate My Team thing are really helping me sort through the options. LT? Fitz? Target Manning? Target Witten? Amazing technology. Kudos to the FBG team. (still want a Mac version of all this stuff though, and ADP for PPR leagues to automatically dump into DD)

#47 The Real Yoda

The Real Yoda

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

I got this from one guys ratings: Bottom line: This team is a virtual lock to go to the playoffs. :IBTL:
And this from the other:

* With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
* With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
* With average inseason management, we think you have a 89 percent chance of making the playoffs.

I like it :)

Edited by The Real Yoda, 16 August 2009 - 06:29 PM.

#48 GregR

GregR

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,270 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

:sadbanana:My one regret now is not mocking with the DD and looking at the results in this to try out some different strategies. I will definitely be doing that next year.I don't suppose you can rate a team right from the DD?

I was getting that error when sending a team from Draft Dominator. I narrowed it down to not liking the flex requirements for my league. In particular I use decimals to split up the flex between positions like 4.8 WR and 2.2 TE, to get it to match what I expect to start in the league. When I removed the decimals and made it 5 WR, 2 TE, it worked for me.
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

97% of the time I'm right, so who cares about the other 4%?

#49 GregR

GregR

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,270 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":sadbanana:

I ran it on the perennial cellar dweller in my dynasty/contract league with the following result:

Bottom line: * With great inseason management, we think you have about a 20 percent chance of making the playoffs. * With good inseason management, we think you have about a 15 percent chance of making the playoffs. * With average inseason management, we think you have a 1 percent chance of making the playoffs.

I'd say that's probably about right for him.
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

97% of the time I'm right, so who cares about the other 4%?

#50 Britney Spears

Britney Spears

guest speaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,646 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

Can you make it put in my starters for me next?

Britney Spears is the smartest person on this message board.

Who is the most inspirational person in your life?

Josh... aka Britney Spears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users