What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills Fire Schonert (1 Viewer)

Joseph

Footballguy
Just heard via a break-in on the WGR 550.

Not sure that this has any impact, since whoever takes over as OC will have about a week to work with before the opener.

I wonder if they'll scrap the no huddle thing. Their offense has looked brutal in preseason, so I figure this is actually a good move for them. Hard to imagine them looking worse.

It makes me wonder...

Last week Lee Evans asked for a meeting with the coaching staff to discuss how inept the offense was in the preseason to that point. He came out of the meeting seemingly convinced that things would be ok. I wonder if this was in the works for a while.

:no:

The only negative is that they were dumb enough to wait so long. Not a single offensive TD for the starters in the preseason. Same old check down offense as last year. Ridiculous to run the hurry up but still throw everything underneath. Of course, Trent Edwards didn't help.

IMO, it's going to be a LONG season for Buffalo and I fully expect the entire coaching staff to be fired in the offseason along with a large chunk of the front office. Maybe Ralph Wilson will actually make a run at one of the big name coaches that have had actual success in the NFL.

Can't imagine what TO is thinking right now.

It makes me wonder...

Last week Lee Evans asked for a meeting with the coaching staff to discuss how inept the offense was in the preseason to that point. He came out of the meeting seemingly convinced that things would be ok. I wonder if this was in the works for a while.
:no:

Seeing how absolutely horrible the offense has looked this preseason, I don't see how this can hurt things. Then again, unless the o-line magically stops sucking, I don't think it'll get much better.

I'm staying far away from all Bills players at their current ADP's.

What is it with **** Jauron and his Offensive coaches, he is as bad as they come to picking them. On the Bears he had Terry Shea, John Shoop who were atrocious. Now Schonert, and call it a hunch but I don't see Alex Van Pelt doing much better.

Bills Offense = :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't possibly be any worse with someone else. Not a single TD for the first team offense inthe preseason. They threw like 85% of their passes last year under 10 yards!

Of course, now we'll find out if that was Schonert or Edwards. You have to seriously question a head coach's competence when the OC gets fired a week before the season starts. Makes me think that Jauron was told to fire him, which makes me think Jauron could very well be fired during the season.

The whole thing is pretty embarassing really.

(Also, I'm

One of the best things to happen for this team....might be the worst team to watch on television....next is Jauron. Maybe then, this team will start moving up instead of down!!

Seeing how absolutely horrible the offense has looked this preseason, I don't see how this can hurt things. Then again, unless the o-line magically stops sucking, I don't think it'll get much better.

I'm staying far away from all Bills players at their current ADP's.
Yup. I just laugh at my friends when they take Buffalo players this year. TO and Evans are going WAY too high.

**** Jauron seems like a genuinely nice guy but he's just not head coach material.

Hopefully he finds a #### LeBeau like role in the future and settles in somewhere because he ain't long for Buffalo.

I wonder if they'll scrap the no huddle thing. Their offense has looked brutal in preseason, so I figure this is actually a good move for them. Hard to imagine them looking worse.
The Bills held at least 1 (not sure if there were more) practice that was closed to the media for the first time in years this past week.Local paper (Jerry Sullivan) speculated that they were ditching the no-huddle at the last minute and didn't want other teams/media to know about it.

Couldn't possibly be any worse with someone else. Not a single TD for the first team offense inthe preseason. They threw like 85% of their passes last year under 10 yards!Of course, now we'll find out if that was Schonert or Edwards. You have to seriously question a head coach's competence when the OC gets fired a week before the season starts. Makes me think that Jauron was told to fire him, which makes me think Jauron could very well be fired during the season.The whole thing is pretty embarassing really.(Also, I'm
Not throwing the ball over 10 yards? That's been his MO since he was on the Bears and why him and Shoop got ran out of town. They used to try 12 wide receiver screen passes during games for a combined total of 4 yards. Awful! I'm so glad he's not associated with the Bears anymore. Good luck, Bills fans!.....damnit, I drafted T.O. in the 5th round :whistle:

:whistle:Can't imagine what TO is thinking right now.
He just Twittered me and he's thinking chicken parm over the meatloaf. Does T.O. ever think?As for Buffalo's O... Disaster in the making. Their defense better be much improved or they are going to be battling the Lions and Raiders for 2010 1st pick. Really starting to hate my "value" Marshawn pick.

wow.

not really a surprise, but also not sure it makes a ton of sense at this point.

Alex Van Pelt will call plays now. Wonder how different things will be.

I think Van Pelt is going to do a fine job once he settles in, at least better than Schonert. I'm really hoping the Bills fire Jauron and get a big name coach next year. I know it might be just a dream but coaches on the top of my list who are available: Cower (obvious #1 to me), Shannahan, Gruden and even Shottenhiemer or Billick. There's some good ones out there. Plus who knows if theres a young up and coming out there that the Bills could find.

But you know who the Bills would hire? Some washed up old coach who has nothing new to offer the NFL. I'm getting a little tired of being a fan of the Bills. They don't make it easy sometimes.

Oh, and TO is definitley gonna blow up and have a fit this year. I won't blame him when he does.

I love this move.

I remember watching them last year, literally screaming at the TV b/c Schonert kept calling the same play time and time again with nothing coming of it.

I love this move.I remember watching them last year, literally screaming at the TV b/c Schonert kept calling the same play time and time again with nothing coming of it.
I love it 7 months ago. A week before the season? Not so much. It screams incompetence.

I love this move.I remember watching them last year, literally screaming at the TV b/c Schonert kept calling the same play time and time again with nothing coming of it.
I love it 7 months ago. A week before the season? Not so much. It screams incompetence.
I don't think it really makes people think worse of the team than they already did. I'd be more concerned if they hadn't made a change given the preponderance of evidence that they were going the wrong way fast. It's never too early to try to stop sucking. Who cares what it looks like.

looks to me like the players had a mutiny and went over ****'s head.Trent bascially called out Turk in his press conference and **** responded by laying the blame at Trent's feet. the continuing skimishes between the players and **** should be entertaining at least- since the product on the field is a complete disaster.The OL is a mess and could get worse if they decide to start Bell at LT after spending no time there this pre-season.

looks to me like the players had a mutiny and went over ****'s head.

Trent bascially called out Turk in his press conference and **** responded by laying the blame at Trent's feet.

the continuing skimishes between the players and **** should be entertaining at least- since the product on the field is a complete disaster.

The OL is a mess and could get worse if they decide to start Bell at LT after spending no time there this pre-season.
:rolleyes:

looks to me like the players had a mutiny and went over ****'s head.Trent bascially called out Turk in his press conference and **** responded by laying the blame at Trent's feet. the continuing skimishes between the players and **** should be entertaining at least- since the product on the field is a complete disaster.The OL is a mess and could get worse if they decide to start Bell at LT after spending no time there this pre-season.
Bell had gotten a considerable amount of reps at LT in the Hall of Fame game and the second pre season game I believe.

I love this move.

I remember watching them last year, literally screaming at the TV b/c Schonert kept calling the same play time and time again with nothing coming of it.
I don't think it really makes people think worse of the team than they already did. I'd be more concerned if they hadn't made a change given the preponderance of evidence that they were going the wrong way fast. It's never too early to try to stop sucking. Who cares what it looks like.
My thoughts exactly.Admitting you are wrong right away is better than trying to chase the record of the '08 Lions...

Unless the Bills can fire their OL and hire a more talented group, it isn't going to matter who's calling the plays.

Unless the Bills can fire their OL and hire a more talented group, it isn't going to matter who's calling the plays.
I'm not sure talent is what they lack, although trading Peters definitely knocked them down a bit there.Walker and Levitre were 2nd round picks, and Wood was a 1st round pick. Hangartner was their top priority in free agency. Butler is the main weak spot, IMO. But, mostly this is just a young and inexperienced group with the potential to be better than a lot of people expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's ironic is that you hear Edwards and Evans speaking out but all seems quiet on the TO front. Not what I would've expected. Buff sounds like a complete mess this year.

Here's all the Bills need to turn their offense around:

New quarterback

New tight end

New offensive lineman

Another new offensive lineman

New tight end

New WR for when TO leaves

New offensive coordinator

New head coach

New owner

We're almost there, baby.

**** Jauron seems like a genuinely nice guy but he's just not head coach material.Hopefully he finds a #### LeBeau like role in the future and settles in somewhere because he ain't long for Buffalo.
Thats a lot of....Why is the first one fine but the second one is ####? Filter only works if there are two?Bob and Tom always make the joke about Jauron...that his names sounds like a disease. "I have a bad case of the #### Jauron".

wow.not really a surprise, but also not sure it makes a ton of sense at this point.Alex Van Pelt will call plays now. Wonder how different things will be.
It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's a blessing if we get to see whether AVP is any good before we clean house in January.

I think this move was necessary for any Bills players to have fantasy football relevance with the possible exception of Lynch. I took Edwards late in my draft and I actually feel better. He still probably won't amount to anything but at least there's hope now.

True story:

I was at the gym running on a treadmill when ESPN2 reported this. Obviously I was pleased to see Schonert go, and I blurted out "well, it's about damn time." Only I guess I said that a LOT louder than I thought I did, because three people turned around to look at me. If I was from Jersey, I would have followed it up with the what-are-you-lookin-at gambit, but living in the upper midwest there's no way I could successfully pull this off, so I just went back to my run and pretended nothing happened.

True story:I was at the gym running on a treadmill when ESPN2 reported this. Obviously I was pleased to see Schonert go, and I blurted out "well, it's about damn time." Only I guess I said that a LOT louder than I thought I did, because three people turned around to look at me. If I was from Jersey, I would have followed it up with the what-are-you-lookin-at gambit, but living in the upper midwest there's no way I could successfully pull this off, so I just went back to my run and pretended nothing happened.
No way! I don't believe it. ;)

At what point does the teams ####ty performance every single year fall on the players?
last yearthey blamed the 2-8 meltdown on the OL and gutted itdidn't even remotely replace the pro bowl LT - but that's this year's excuse. brought in a boat load of DBs to help out as well - so we have that going for us

**** Jauron seems like a genuinely nice guy but he's just not head coach material.

Hopefully he finds a #### LeBeau like role in the future and settles in somewhere because he ain't long for Buffalo.
Thats a lot of....Why is the first one fine but the second one is ####? Filter only works if there are two?

Bob and Tom always make the joke about Jauron...that his names sounds like a disease. "I have a bad case of the #### Jauron".
:lmao: :rant:

New quarterback

New tight end

New offensive lineman

New tight end

New head coach

New owner

Not happy with Nelson? I think he'll turn out pretty good.

New quarterback

New tight end

New offensive lineman

New tight end

New head coach

New owner

Since your dreaming I would go with a new venue too.

ruh roh

rink

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach **** Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason that resulted in the firing of offensive coordinator Turk Schonert, according to team sources.

Wilson conducted a give-and-take session on the team's direction after the Bills' offense sputtered during a 1-4 preseason, sources said. In addition to Jauron and Brandon, Wilson also met with the Bills' new play-caller, quarterback coach Alex Van Pelt, and Eric Studesville, running back coach and running game coordinator.

Substantive details of the confab are unknown but Wilson always has been a hands-on owner.

ruh roh

rink

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach **** Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason that resulted in the firing of offensive coordinator Turk Schonert, according to team sources.

Wilson conducted a give-and-take session on the team's direction after the Bills' offense sputtered during a 1-4 preseason, sources said. In addition to Jauron and Brandon, Wilson also met with the Bills' new play-caller, quarterback coach Alex Van Pelt, and Eric Studesville, running back coach and running game coordinator.

Substantive details of the confab are unknown but Wilson always has been a hands-on owner.
Bring Solo and the wookie to me! They will suffer for this outrage!!!

Users who are viewing this thread