What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rodgers vs. Romo (1 Viewer)

Who is the better NFL QB?

• Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sho nuff

Footballguy
Pretty simple...from an NFL standpoint, who would you rather have?

Just a little experiment to see if the results differ from a poll elsewhere.

i dont think you can go wrong with either. but im sure this will turn into a rip on Romo thread.

that daid, right now i'll give a slight edge to Rodgers due to age

i dont think you can go wrong with either. but im sure this will turn into a rip on Romo thread.that daid, right now i'll give a slight edge to Rodgers due to age
I hope it does not.Both are very good QBs with some similarities in that neither has proven they can win consistently down the stretch or deliver in the postseason.And yes, being a packer fan I lean towards Rodgers and age kind of pushes him over the top IMO.

It's pretty even so far. I would prefer to have Romo even if he is 3 years older since QBs play well into their 30s.

Romo's 2007 season was better than anything Rodgers has put together and Romo has led his team to the playoffs in 2 out of his first 3 seasons as a starter in a tougher division. If he wins his next 2 games he will have won the NFC East in 2 out of 4 seasons as a starter.

I also just like Romo better. If I had the choice of inviting one of them over for a fish fry I would prefer to have Romo.

It's pretty even so far. I would prefer to have Romo even if he is 3 years older since QBs play well into their 30s.Romo's 2007 season was better than anything Rodgers has put together and Romo has led his team to the playoffs in 2 out of his first 3 seasons as a starter in a tougher division. If he wins his next 2 games he will have won the NFC East in 2 out of 4 seasons as a starter.I also just like Romo better. If I had the choice of inviting one of them over for a fish fry I would prefer to have Romo.
2007 was better in TDs sure.How many pro bowlers on that team though?But yards the edge will likely go to Rodgers, fewer INTs Rodgers, Rating (right now it will be Rodgers barring a dramatic tanking the last two weeks).So he had more TDs than Rodgers in that year...but has not come close to that one year again at this point. So seems like an outlier right now rather than a sign of anything for him.Im all for anyone preferring Romo...but not sure that reasoning was very sound IMO>

It's pretty even so far. I would prefer to have Romo even if he is 3 years older since QBs play well into their 30s.Romo's 2007 season was better than anything Rodgers has put together and Romo has led his team to the playoffs in 2 out of his first 3 seasons as a starter in a tougher division. If he wins his next 2 games he will have won the NFC East in 2 out of 4 seasons as a starter.I also just like Romo better. If I had the choice of inviting one of them over for a fish fry I would prefer to have Romo.
2007 was better in TDs sure.How many pro bowlers on that team though?But yards the edge will likely go to Rodgers, fewer INTs Rodgers, Rating (right now it will be Rodgers barring a dramatic tanking the last two weeks).So he had more TDs than Rodgers in that year...but has not come close to that one year again at this point. So seems like an outlier right now rather than a sign of anything for him.Im all for anyone preferring Romo...but not sure that reasoning was very sound IMO>
Yeah I don't think many put much stock in Pro-bowls anymore. I would also pont at record again. I find it interesting that Rodgers is having the best season of his career and getting so much praise and Romo is just trailing Rodgers slightly (same record, less than 100 yards fewer in passing, and 5 fewer TDs) and getting a ton of criticisim leading his team to the 3rd most yards in the league. Better record in a tougher division and about equal numbers throughout their career as well as performing over 4 years instead of just 2 I think gives him the edge.

I think Tony Romo is a very good QB and can't stand how many people hate on him for no reason .... but Rodgers is the choice here.

Personally, I think Romo vs Rivers would have been closer. I'd go with Rodgers, I think he's a better leader than Romo. He had some pretty big shoes to fill when he stepped in but so far he has not let down.

Personally, I think Romo vs Rivers would have been closer. I'd go with Rodgers, I think he's a better leader than Romo. He had some pretty big shoes to fill when he stepped in but so far he has not let down.
I don't think it would be closer...IMO Rivers would kill Romo even worse than Rodgers is.

I think Tony Romo is a very good QB and can't stand how many people hate on him for no reason .... but Rodgers is the choice here.
Because it's fashionable to say Romo chokes. 2006 was essentially his rookie season as a starter. Not surprisingly, he started great, then struggled as teams figured him out and countered his strengths. Against Seattle, he drives the team down to the 1 yard line, in one of the toughest road stadiums in the league, during the last 2 minutes, of his first playoff game. And he bobbles a snap. And still almost scores if Gramatica blocks Babineaux. As a QB he was great. As a holder, he wasn’t. 2007, his first full season as a starter. Dallas goes 13-3. In the divisional playoffs, they lose to the Giants--eventual SB champs, 21-17. Cowboys were leading 17-14 going into the 4th quarter. Romo’s under constant pressure, got the #### kicked out of him, and his WRs let him down with several drops, including two or three by Crayton on important third downs. Romo throws a pick on 4th and 20 with no timeouts left to end the game. This same Giants defense did the same thing--lots of pressure--in the SB against Brady, and we saw how that ended. Then let’s take last year. They lose against the Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, beat the Giants. That’s the league champions, two title game teams, and the top seed in the NFC. They go 1-3.Week 14: They lose to Pittsburgh. Dallas was up 13-3 going into the 4th quarter against the #1 defense in the league (allowed 3.9 yards per offensive play in 2008), but Pittsburgh comes back with 17 in the final quarter, winning on a pick-six when the game was tied at 13. On this play, he was looking for Witten, who slipped out of his break, causing the pass to go over him and into the arms of Townsend. Witten takes the blame.Week 15: Dallas beats the #1 seed Giants. Top 10 defense, but he handles them easily, 20-8.Week 16: Losing 16-7, Romo leads Dallas to 17 4th quarter points against the Ravens--3rd best defense--but the Cowboys lose on a 77-yard run by McGahee and an 82-yard run by McClain. Week 17: Dallas loses 44-6 to the Eagles. No one shows up for the Cowboys.Apparently, it’s Romo who chokes if his receivers slip or his defense gives up huge touchdown runs. Now, has Romo had to learn better decision-making? Certainly. And he’s done that, steadily, particularly this year. Since his horrible 3 interception game in Week 2, he’s had 4 interceptions in 12 games, compared to 19 touchdowns (23td, 7int on the year). His rating for the last four games: 121.2, 112.1, 111.7, 104.0. But people still insist on piling on the guy when there are far more deserving targets. I can only assume it’s because a lot of people hate Dallas, or dislike him personally.

Reacher said:
It's pretty even so far. I would prefer to have Romo even if he is 3 years older since QBs play well into their 30s.

Romo's 2007 season was better than anything Rodgers has put together and Romo has led his team to the playoffs in 2 out of his first 3 seasons as a starter in a tougher division. If he wins his next 2 games he will have won the NFC East in 2 out of 4 seasons as a starter.

I also just like Romo better. If I had the choice of inviting one of them over for a fish fry I would prefer to have Romo.
and still hasn't won a playoff game.plays with an HOF TE in Witten, a great o-line, and a better defense than anything the Packers have had thru the past 5 seasons.also played with a future HOF'er in T.O...

just who, from the current Packers' squad, will be a hall of fame candidate?! anyone?

just saying, Rodgers does his thing with a lesser supporting cast..

Code:
G   Cmp  Att   Cmp%   Yds   TD  Int  Rate  Sk  Y/A   SkYds AY/A   ANY/A  Romo	2009  14  298  478  62.3%  3886   23	7  97.8  31  8.13  179   8.43   7.57 Rodgers 2009  14  317  492  64.4%  3962   28	7 102.4  49  8.05  297   8.55   7.23Romo	2006  16  220  337  65.3%  2903   19   13  95.1  21  8.61  124   8.01   7.19 Romo	2007  16  335  520  64.4%  4211   36   19  97.4  24  8.10  176   7.84   7.17 Romo	2008  13  276  450  61.3%  3448   26   14  91.4  20  7.66  123   7.42   6.84 Rodgers 2008  16  341  536  63.6%  4038   28   13  93.8  34  7.53  231   7.49   6.64

A push. Neither has won anything. We will see what happens in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reacher said:

and still hasn't won a playoff game.plays with an HOF TE in Witten, a great o-line, and a better defense than anything the Packers have had thru the past 5 seasons.also played with a future HOF'er in T.O...

just who, from the current Packers' squad, will be a hall of fame candidate?! anyone?

just saying, Rodgers does his thing with a lesser supporting cast..
You're right. Romo has managed to be on the losing side of his 2 Playoff games. You talk about how good Dallas is but they weren't going anywhere before he got the starting job and they only managed to win 1 game last season when he was hurt. And that was due to the defense. Romo carries this team.

Why would you talk about the last 5 seasons for the Packers when Rodgers hasn't even finished his 2nd as a starter? I agree that Rodger's Oline is not great but Dallas gets crap about their Oline all of the time. As far as their WR weapons I would say they are even or slightly in Green Bay's favor. Romo has better runners but thats ok because Green Bay doesn't run the ball anyway. Before the Packers got drilled by the Steelers last week their defense was considered pretty good.

Rodgers has done pretty well his first 2 seasons as a starter but then so did Romo and Romo actually performed better. Let's see if Rodgers can keep up the pace before we go annointing him. Seems like Cutler looked pretty good his first 2 seasons as well.

Rodgers.

Both good QBs but i'll take Rodger's scrambling ability (Romos no slouch though).

Rodgers.

Both good QBs but i'll take Rodger's scrambling ability (Romos no slouch though).
:goodposting: Due to age, I would have to take Rodgers. But I think Rodgers has the better receivers as a whole. He also plays in a wide open offense. If you put Rodgers on the Boys and Romo on the Packers, I think you'd be astounded at the numbers Romo would put up. Romo wouldn't be standing back there taking sacks like his name was Ben Slothlisberger.

I know Romo plays in a pass happy offense, but it isn't the same as what GB is doing. Dallas is trying to pass using traditional personnel, and GB using 4 n 5 WR's.

I changed my mind. Romo, final answer.

Rodgers.

:thumbdown: Due to age, I would have to take Rodgers. But I think Rodgers has the better receivers as a whole. He also plays in a wide open offense. If you put Rodgers on the Boys and Romo on the Packers, I think you'd be astounded at the numbers Romo would put up. Romo wouldn't be standing back there taking sacks like his name was Ben Slothlisberger.

I know Romo plays in a pass happy offense, but it isn't the same as what GB is doing. Dallas is trying to pass using traditional personnel, and GB using 4 n 5 WR's.

his running ability?

Rodgers.

:confused: Due to age, I would have to take Rodgers. But I think Rodgers has the better receivers as a whole. He also plays in a wide open offense. If you put Rodgers on the Boys and Romo on the Packers, I think you'd be astounded at the numbers Romo would put up. Romo wouldn't be standing back there taking sacks like his name was Ben Slothlisberger.

his running ability?
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread