What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Highlight Videos (1 Viewer)

EBF

Footballguy
There have been some requests for prospect highlight videos. I thought I would compile them in a single thread so people can bookmark it. I will keep updating the original posts. Feel free to post links if you think there's anything missing.

QUARTERBACKS

Jimmy Clausen

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, can the power be stick this please. You have been kind enough to do it for us in the past. :blackdot:

for a 235lb man Dwyer looks sickening fast... no DB's could catch him from behind and his speed in those vid's look incredible. I'm fascinated on what he would run at the combine

for a 235lb man Dwyer looks sickening fast... no DB's could catch him from behind and his speed in those vid's look incredible. I'm fascinated on what he would run at the combine
:football: I've been meaning to look for some older Dwyer highlights where he doesn't just run into the line every play. I forgot how fast he is. I know they are in a down period but he runs away from some Fla St and Miami defenders there and you know they're still fast. Geez.ETA: The open field move at 1.19 against UGA, wow!

:excited: I've been meaning to look for some older Dwyer highlights where he doesn't just run into the line every play. I forgot how fast he is. I know they are in a down period but he runs away from some Fla St and Miami defenders there and you know they're still fast. Geez.ETA: The open field move at 1.19 against UGA, wow!
He was clocked at 10.7 secs in a 100m state track meet his Senior year in high school. Definitely has some juice.

based off what i seen of Dwyer he doesnt look sluggish at all from some of the posters that have said so in here. Reminds me somewhat of a young Jamal Lewis, If he indeed clocks well in the 40 at that weight expect him to leapfrog Spiller imo. Nothing against Spiller i just see Dwyer as more a feature back guy at the next level.

based off what i seen of Dwyer he doesnt look sluggish at all from some of the posters that have said so in here. Reminds me somewhat of a young Jamal Lewis, If he indeed clocks well in the 40 at that weight expect him to leapfrog Spiller imo. Nothing against Spiller i just see Dwyer as more a feature back guy at the next level.
I believe many of the posters were speaking of the 09 season and not the 07-08 season which the links are linked to. There were times this year in which I too thought he was slower than years past. I'm a fan of Dwyer but he did seem some what slower this past season compared to his earlier years. Many of the recent rankings have Dwyer ranked out of the top ten NCAA runners. Maybe there's something there..............maybe not. I ended up drafting Spiller over Dwyer at the end of the day. Spiller has that wow factor that I like, he can take it to the house at anytime.:twocents:Tex

Dwyer looks great when he has a huge hole and lots daylight in front of him. No one questions his long speed. They question his short area burst and instincts. He has a little bit of plodder in him. Watch some of the games from this season and you'll see him get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage when he has to make something out of nothing.

Still, he has a compelling size/speed combo and the highlight reel in the OP offers evidence that he has plenty of wiggle in his hips. I think he's a pretty good prospect. The funky system GT uses makes it difficult to evaluate him.

Evan Royster 2008/2009 Highlights

He looks quicker/faster than i remember when i watched him on TV. Although he doesn't have superstar qualities, i think he could be an adequate stopgap RB for a team for a year or so.

Still a junior, don't know if he's gonna declare.

Blake Smolen WR/RB 5th player in college history to have 2000yds rushing and receiving. Joins Westbrook and M. Moore.

Oh, do yourself a favor and put your sound on mute............you've been warned!

He could be a dark-horse.

CJ Spiller

I don't claim to having a fantastic eye for talented RB's coming out of college, but am I the only one that notices this guy just can't wait to get the the sidelines and thinks he can beat everyone around the corner every time. I lost track of how many times I saw the guy make a break for the sidelines instead of turning it up field. That corner to get to the sidelines won't be there much in the NFL.Heckuva returner though.

Anyone else think Toby Gerhart could actually be quite a good NFL RB? Supposedly his 40 time is projected at 4.55. Thats better than Moreno last year. While he doesn't have Knowshon's cutting ability, he is one of the most physically imposing backs in recent memory.

CJ Spiller

Lol, if there are no holes to run through what should he do take a knee? Haha, he had 21 kick offs/punts returned for TDs, 9 this year. Can catch out of the backfield and is good blocker. He runs with complete authority. I've ready a lot of scouting reports and most say he's a touch runner. With the numbers he's put up, he has to be tough.Wake up people.

Tex

CJ Spiller

No one is questioning his ability as a returner on special teams or his ability to catch out of the backfield. The main question mark he has, which will determine whether he is a fantasy stud or not, is if he can run between the tackles with success.

NCAA Indoor 60m Dash

Jacoby Ford in fourth lane

Trindon Holliday fith lane

CJ Spiller

That's cool, what I meant to say was he had 19 career touchdowns of 50 yards, including seven of at least 80 yards. Not kickoffs/punt return which he did have a few. Questioning his ability to run between the tackles has been brought up on this board it's the only place I've seen question this, lol. That include other Boards as well as Bios, Rankings, and Mocks. Not saying that's it's not out there but I've seen nor heard anyone else question this. I understand that some people have their mind made up and it's not going to change but I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. The naysayers said the exact same thing about CJ3 and now is the consensus #1 RB everywhere you look. I don't let the negative talk effect me then and it certainly won't now.Again, this is why I like fantasy football. We have our differences and we discuss them whether right or wrong that's what we do. We all look at different characteristics in players i.e. how they run, block, catch, 40 times, drills or the eye ball test (which is my final judge). We all look at different aspects of a players game.

Good luck,

Tex

Lol, if there are no holes to run through what should he do take a knee? Haha, he had 21 kick offs/punts returned for TDs, 9 this year. Can catch out of the backfield and is good blocker. He runs with complete authority. I've ready a lot of scouting reports and most say he's a touch runner. With the numbers he's put up, he has to be tough.
It looks like he really doesn't break tackles very often. He's good at making a guy miss in space, but in that 10 minute video he only breaks two tackles, and goes down with arm tackles several times.

The more I watch on this years class of RB's, the more I think Best is probably the safest bet. He has phenomenal lateral agility and his one step cuts leave guys on the ground. He also seems pretty slippery between the tackles and sneaks through holes he shouldn't be able to and picks up yards. I don't know if he is big enough to carry a load, but that is my only concern with this running abilities.

Wow Dez bryant ...... This guy has all the tools to be a STUD.
Weird, I was actually thinking that he seems to have a lot of problems to work on. He doesn't seem to catch the ball with his hands all that well. He's constantly letting the ball get into his body instead of catching it out in front with his hands. That won't work in the NFL. He also seemed to use his body poorly an awful lot. Sometimes he used his big frame well to shield the ball or to hold off a defender, but other times he badly mis-timed jumps, got himself twisted around or just got in awkward positions. He has speed and size, but I think he needs to work on a lot of other parts of his game. Mind you, that's from watching Youtube highlight videos so maybe the rest of the film on him demonstrates otherwise, but that's my :popcorn:

Wow Dez bryant ...... This guy has all the tools to be a STUD.
Weird, I was actually thinking that he seems to have a lot of problems to work on. He doesn't seem to catch the ball with his hands all that well. He's constantly letting the ball get into his body instead of catching it out in front with his hands. That won't work in the NFL. He also seemed to use his body poorly an awful lot. Sometimes he used his big frame well to shield the ball or to hold off a defender, but other times he badly mis-timed jumps, got himself twisted around or just got in awkward positions. He has speed and size, but I think he needs to work on a lot of other parts of his game. Mind you, that's from watching Youtube highlight videos so maybe the rest of the film on him demonstrates otherwise, but that's my :kicksrock:
i don't know what highlights you're looking at, but the ones i'm looking at he attacks the ball with his hands all the time. One of the reasons why i think he's such a safe pick is because he has great hands and more often than not he doesn't try to basket catch where one tries to trap the ball against their body.

Last edited:
Hey, EBF, what are the character concerns with Mike Williams. He sure looks like a legit WR prospect to me. Thanks!

Hey, EBF, what are the character concerns with Mike Williams. He sure looks like a legit WR prospect to me. Thanks!
I'm no EBF and I'm sure he'll chime in but what I know of Mike screams STAY AWAY! He quite on his team, caught cheating on exams, etc......Million Dollar talent, two cent brain. :goodposting: Reminds me of Antonio Bryant.

I'm no EBF and I'm sure he'll chime in but what I know of Mike screams STAY AWAY! He quite on his team, caught cheating on exams, etc......Million Dollar talent, two cent brain. :goodposting: Reminds me of Antonio Bryant.
Antonio Bryant is a pretty good WR these days. I wouldn't mind having him on my team. Agree about the Williams knucklehead factor though.

Antonio Bryant is a pretty good WR these days. I wouldn't mind having him on my team. Agree about the Williams knucklehead factor though.
Yeah he finally figured things out, not sure what triggered it but it's good to see that someone or something got to him and it appears that he's on the right track. Williams seems to have that same mentality and skill set as Bryant. I believe Bryant has played on 4 different teams in his young career.

You must be living in 2008 because Bryant sucked in 2009, even with playing in only 12 games. Step into the new millennium, it's a nice place.

You must be living in 2008 because Bryant sucked in 2009, even with playing in only 12 games. Step into the new millennium, it's a nice place.
He was injured and playing with a rookie QB. He's a good WR.

I think he was suspended at one point in his career, but the biggest drama happened this past season when he quit the team in the middle of the season. He seems to be a complete headcase.

I think he was suspended at one point in his career, but the biggest drama happened this past season when he quit the team in the middle of the season. He seems to be a complete headcase.
Where would you rank him talent wise?

Where would you rank him talent wise?
He looks like a 2nd-3rd round type on talent alone. Promising. Not elite. He probably won't be drafted that high due to the aforementioned character issues.

- added highlights of Wayne State RB Joique Bell and LSU RB Charles Scott

- added highlights of Wayne State RB Joique Bell and LSU RB Charles Scott
Looking at those highlights, Scott has real good quickness for a back of that size. He also does a good job of staying low and compact when he runs. Personally, i think he looks better than Anthony Dixon, yet Anthony Dixon is the one who is commonly rated as a top back in the draft whereas Scott is rated as middle of the pack. Granted Scott is coming back off injury, but i think he's someone to target in the mid-late part of rookie drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread