#1 The Iguana

The Iguana

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,123 posts
  • Joined 13-May 03

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Anyone ever hear of the "U.S. Office of Personnel Management Federal Investigative Services"? I work from home and had some dude in a suit knock on my door earlier. Figured he was some sales guy, dedicated to be out in the snow, but an annoyance none the less. I didn't bother to open the door but heard him leave something behind. Checked later and he left behind a card saying he was from the above organization.

The card looks kind of like the cheesy Valentines Day cards I just bought by kids for school - you know... folds in the middle kind of thing. Back of it says "OPM Form 1634, December 2007". Inside it says something about needing to speak to me in regards to an individual being considered for a position of trust with the U.S. government and leaves a name and number to call.

First thought was that it was either some group wanting to push their political agenda on me or some kind of scam. A google search makes it appear this could be legit but it just looks pretty odd. Anyone ever seen anything like this?

#2 DevilsTrifecta

DevilsTrifecta

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Joined 01-March 05

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

Just pray he doesn't want to meet you in a bar.

#3 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,583 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

Just pray he doesn't want to meet you in a bar.

:lmao:
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#4 Sarnoff

Sarnoff

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 16,524 posts
  • Joined 21-March 09

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

I know the government interviews for hires, they've done it for some family members but I've never dealt with them myself. Find the agency number online and give 'em a call and see if the name is legit.

#5 Black Box

Black Box

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,419 posts
  • Joined 20-April 06

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Oh, you mean the USOPMFIS!

#6 Schlzm

Schlzm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Joined 12-August 05

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

They are a legit organization that performs background checks. Someone used you as a reference when applying for a job that requires some form of a clearance. Could be military, police, fed or state. Give them a call and they will tell you who used you as a reference and ask you some questions about them. Pretty straight forward.

Schlzm
lolPrograms

Interesting, when I see your name, I think "jism", but hey thats probably just me... :bag:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUESTION: Are you aware of the nifty signature feature on this board?

#7 Two Deep

Two Deep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Joined 16-July 05

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

Sounds like they have been tracking you by your internet use. Now they'll be onto all of us..Way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users