What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith, WR, Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2010 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

Each week we will post a list of players to be discussed. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discussion expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Donovan McNabb, QB, Washington Redskins

Player Page Link: Steve Smith Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :goodposting: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delhomme held back Smith last year and the change to Matt Moore will be a benefit. The Carolina formula is still they same: run the ball with Williams and Stewart, and throw it to Smith.... they have little else at WR2 or TE. In the final four games of 2009 with Moore at QB, Smith looked very nice averaged over 20 points per game PPR. He'll be a pretty good value as one of the last elite WRs available before a significant drop off.

Regarding Moore vs. Clausen - everything suggests that Moore will be the guy. Fox is loyal to his veterans, and he needs to win this season to keep his job. Clausen won't start unless things go very badly in the early part of the season, and I see no reason that Moore can't be an average NFL QB. He should perform even better than last year due to QB1 reps over offseason and training camp. Smith's per game totals for the 4 games with Matt Moore are consistent with his averages over the last 4 years. IMO Smith is a fairly predictable WR this year because most everything is the same from recent years, with the exception of a QB upgrade.

Over the past 4 seasons, Smith has averaged 9 targets/game and caught 57% of his targets. Over 16 games that's 144 targets, 82 receptions.... at his career YPC of 14.5 equals 1,189 yards. For comparison, in the last 4 games with Moore at the end of the season, he was targeted 32 times (8 per game), and caught 19 passes (59%) for 378 yards (19.8 ypc). I round up a bit on these projections as Moore should play at least as well as Delhomme at his best.

Question for the Shark Pool - what do you expect from Smith this year for YPC?

His 2008 season looks like an aberration (18.2 vs. 14.5 career), but that is really the only sample year we have for Smith with the Williams/Stewart combo and effective QB play. In Moore's 4 starts, he averaged almost 20 yards per catch. With those RBs and play-action, Smith can easily get deep in single coverage. I've projected him at 16 YPC, but I'm not so sure about that. The receptions and TDs seem much more predictable. If he were to average 18 per catch, that would boost his yardage up around a stellar 1,500.

82 receptions, 1,312 yards, 8 TDs (16 games)

His QB situation should be better. How much better is anyone's guess, but it sure can't be worse. The running game will certainly keep teams honest, but the lack of another viable receiver to prevent constant double-teams could be an issue.

75 receptions, 1,065 yards, 7 td's.

Smith has always been a big play guy . but with that you where on a roller coaster weak in and weak out . I look for more steady fantasy #s from him this year .

80/1050/9

75 receptions, 1,065 yards, 7 td's.
80/1050/9
Big play guy? These yardage numbers look very low for the number of catches projected - 14.2 and 13.1 yards per catch - both below his career average of 14.5. In the last two years combined he's averaged 16.8 yards per catch, and I haven't seen anything in his game that suggests he's slowing down at age 31.
I put him just slightly below his career average. Just a hunch, I guess.

No offense to that other guy in New York but this is the year Steve Smith of Carolina gets his name recognition back. Carolina will remember that it doesn't matter if he catches the ball two yards behind the line of scrimmage or 20 yards past it. The important thing is to just get his hands on the ball as he is a playmaker who makes things happen. This will result in a drop in YPC from the last two years but his production will increase. He will be asked to run some of the routes that Muhammad ran last year and he will do so gladly.

Projection: 89/1320/9 for a PPR ranking of WR4

Steve Smith (Carolina) has averaged almost nine targets and five catches per game the previuos two seasons even as Carolina stressed the run and had poor QB play. Last season the Panthers had only 465 passing attempts with 264 completions 56.8% and 525 rushing attempts. Smith will again be the unquestioned number one option in the passing game and should receive improved QB play, assuming that Moore remains the starter.

In the eleven Panther games prior to Moore starting, Smith averaged 54.9 yards receiving on 4.2 catches with four TDs. In his final four games with Moore as the starter, he had 94.5 yards and 4.8 catches per game with three TDs. Solid improvement with Moore.

I think that Smith will continue his career pace of about nine targets per game and five catches. I also see his ypc being a little above his career average with the solid Panther running game and a higher quality of QB play. I also think that he will be a slight value pick as his ADP currently at 40 overall and WR 15 could possibly slip further.

Steve Smith 16 gms 144 targets 83 catches 1295 yards 15.6 ypc and 8 TDs

They have nothing else to throw to other than the RBs. I see almost a career year here with 160 targets, 96 receptions 1450 yds, 10 Tds.

No offense to that other guy in New York but this is the year Steve Smith of Carolina gets his name recognition back. Carolina will remember that it doesn't matter if he catches the ball two yards behind the line of scrimmage or 20 yards past it. The important thing is to just get his hands on the ball as he is a playmaker who makes things happen. This will result in a drop in YPC from the last two years but his production will increase. He will be asked to run some of the routes that Muhammad ran last year and he will do so gladly.Projection: 89/1320/9 for a PPR ranking of WR4
very lofty #'s for a guy who, outside of one terrific 2005 season:has only once caught more than 7 TDs in a single seasonnever caught more than 88 balls in any season other than 2005.hasn't finished a full 16 game schedule since 2005.his avg since 2005? 78 recs/7td seasonfor all the hype and fanfare that Smith receives, he's vastly overrated relative to where he's drafted, IMO..he's a lock to miss at least 2 games, and while I believe in Moore as a starting QB, I don't think that necessarily means anything positive for Smith..year after year we keep considering him to be on the level of AJ or the better WR's, and he's just not..he's not a big yardage guy, doesn't score enough, and misses too many games.78/1014/7 13 ypc avg.ho-hum also-ran #'s..

Smith has averaged 5.6 rec, 82.1 yfs, 0.5 TD per game since his monumental 2005 season. Over a 16 game season, that works out to 90 rec, 1314 yfs, and 8 TD a season. He normally looks a little worse than he produces because he misses a game or two every year.

Tanner9919 said:
No offense to that other guy in New York but this is the year Steve Smith of Carolina gets his name recognition back. Carolina will remember that it doesn't matter if he catches the ball two yards behind the line of scrimmage or 20 yards past it. The important thing is to just get his hands on the ball as he is a playmaker who makes things happen. This will result in a drop in YPC from the last two years but his production will increase. He will be asked to run some of the routes that Muhammad ran last year and he will do so gladly.Projection: 89/1320/9 for a PPR ranking of WR4
very lofty #'s for a guy who, outside of one terrific 2005 season:has only once caught more than 7 TDs in a single seasonnever caught more than 88 balls in any season other than 2005.hasn't finished a full 16 game schedule since 2005.his avg since 2005? 78 recs/7td seasonfor all the hype and fanfare that Smith receives, he's vastly overrated relative to where he's drafted, IMO..he's a lock to miss at least 2 games, and while I believe in Moore as a starting QB, I don't think that necessarily means anything positive for Smith..year after year we keep considering him to be on the level of AJ or the better WR's, and he's just not..he's not a big yardage guy, doesn't score enough, and misses too many games.78/1014/7 13 ypc avg.ho-hum also-ran #'s..
someone has been drinking the haterade....in addition to his monumental 103/1,563/12 season in 2005, he also posted 78/1,421/6 just two years ago. not bad yardage. I don't think you'll find anyone who considers him equal to AJ, but he's equal to the Colstons/Jennings out there and is a better value. If you're projecting him to miss 2 games, that 78/1014/7 equals 15.8 points per game, good for 12th last year. Current ADP at 4.02 as the WR15....

One of my favorite undervalued plays this year. When the masses go left, that's the time to go right. Too many have soured on this guy due to other various factors outside of his control. Smiff is still one of the most dynamic and competitive performers out there with plenty of "juice" left. I can see a Pro-Bowl, maybe even All-Pro, caliber year from him this season.

155 targets

89 receptions

1315 yds

10 TDs

Add about 8-10 carries for another 100-120 yds and a score.

Let everyone else draft the Nicks', Harvin's, Crabtree's, even DeSean's in redrafts.....That's when the "Hammerheads" move in and scoop up value players like this......Last free tip of the offseason..... :goodposting:

Smith missed week 17 last year and only missed two games in 2008 because of suspension. I don't think he's the injury risk some are making him out to be. And while I agree the touchdowns may be hard to come by on a run-oriented team, I still like his potential to gain a ton of receiving yards.

He led the league in receiving yards in 2005 and averaged 97.7 yards per game.

In 2006, he missed two games with injury and was saddled with the corpse of Chris Weinke for three games; in the other 11 games, he averaged 94.8 YPG.

His 2007 season was bad, but only because Vinny Testaverde and David Carr were the QBs. In the 6 games started by Delhomme or Moore, though, he averaged 89.7 YPG.

In 2008, he was suspended for the first two games but led the league with 101.5 YPG.

Last year was a bad year, but I think it's easy to blame it on Delhomme just losing it. He averaged 7.4 Y/A from 2005 to 2008, but fell off a cliff last year -- he had an anemic 4.3 Y/A average. But, in the four games with Moore, he averaged 94.5 Y/G.

So yes, in 2005 he was a monster, leading the league in all three major categories. He also averaged 97.7 yards per game. Since that year, he's played in 35 games with something resembling a decent NFL QB, and he's averaged 96.9 YPG in those games. That tells me his play hasn't fallen off at all.

If Matt Moore is a decent NFL QB and plays 16 games, and Steve Smith plays in 16 games, he's going to come close to 1600 yards. That's been his track record for five years now. I don't think Smith is a significant injury risk (at least compared to your average WR) but I do see a lot of "ifs" in that statement. And while I like Clausen, if he's playing in 2010, that could end up being terrible for Smith's fantasy value.

Smith missed week 17 last year and only missed two games in 2008 because of suspension. I don't think he's the injury risk some are making him out to be. And while I agree the touchdowns may be hard to come by on a run-oriented team, I still like his potential to gain a ton of receiving yards.He led the league in receiving yards in 2005 and averaged 97.7 yards per game.In 2006, he missed two games with injury and was saddled with the corpse of Chris Weinke for three games; in the other 11 games, he averaged 94.8 YPG.His 2007 season was bad, but only because Vinny Testaverde and David Carr were the QBs. In the 6 games started by Delhomme or Moore, though, he averaged 89.7 YPG.In 2008, he was suspended for the first two games but led the league with 101.5 YPG.Last year was a bad year, but I think it's easy to blame it on Delhomme just losing it. He averaged 7.4 Y/A from 2005 to 2008, but fell off a cliff last year -- he had an anemic 4.3 Y/A average. But, in the four games with Moore, he averaged 94.5 Y/G.So yes, in 2005 he was a monster, leading the league in all three major categories. He also averaged 97.7 yards per game. Since that year, he's played in 35 games with something resembling a decent NFL QB, and he's averaged 96.9 YPG in those games. That tells me his play hasn't fallen off at all.If Matt Moore is a decent NFL QB and plays 16 games, and Steve Smith plays in 16 games, he's going to come close to 1600 yards. That's been his track record for five years now. I don't think Smith is a significant injury risk (at least compared to your average WR) but I do see a lot of "ifs" in that statement. And while I like Clausen, if he's playing in 2010, that could end up being terrible for Smith's fantasy value.
:rolleyes:

One of my favorite undervalued plays this year. When the masses go left, that's the time to go right. Too many have soured on this guy due to other various factors outside of his control. Smiff is still one of the most dynamic and competitive performers out there with plenty of "juice" left. I can see a Pro-Bowl, maybe even All-Pro, caliber year from him this season.155 targets89 receptions1315 yds10 TDsAdd about 8-10 carries for another 100-120 yds and a score.Let everyone else draft the Nicks', Harvin's, Crabtree's, even DeSean's in redrafts.....That's when the "Hammerheads" move in and scoop up value players like this......Last free tip of the offseason..... :help:
Last free tip? I never got the other freebies. Please PM and share those :rolleyes:

Although LaFell is not some blue chip prospect, he can not be any worse than Dwayne Jarrett and any help to take some focus off Steve Smith is a good thing.

I do not understand why Carolina would not put more focus on finding a better WR2 and WR3 for their team. It would not be that hard. Go grab a guy like TO, L. Coles, T. Holt, Deion Branch, Burleson, A. Bryant, Santonio Holmes, etc. Someone who isn't that expensive but at least a viable WR2 in the NFL, or at least a big improvement over what they have.

One of my favorite undervalued plays this year. When the masses go left, that's the time to go right. Too many have soured on this guy due to other various factors outside of his control. Smiff is still one of the most dynamic and competitive performers out there with plenty of "juice" left. I can see a Pro-Bowl, maybe even All-Pro, caliber year from him this season.

155 targets

89 receptions

1315 yds

10 TDs

Add about 8-10 carries for another 100-120 yds and a score.

Let everyone else draft the Nicks', Harvin's, Crabtree's, even DeSean's in redrafts.....That's when the "Hammerheads" move in and scoop up value players like this......Last free tip of the offseason..... :bag:
Gotta love stuff like this- in 47 career carries Smith has 2 TDs and he has never had 70 yards rushing in a season- let alone 100. Basically your adding 10-15 pts to his totals for no reason (unless there is some bizarre trend in the NFL to run receivers more as they get older).

Sans Delhomme I think Smith explodes back into relevancy. He gave us a taste of what he can (still) at the end of last year. I think he'll be top 5 and will provide great value this season.

95 catches 1380 yds, 11 TDs

Smith is someone I am looking to build a draft (or two around this year). At his current ADP of WR15 and pick 42 (non ppr) he only has to replicate his 2009 numbers to roughly equal his draft position. 1,000 yards and 7 TDs has been his non broken leg floor the past 7 years- planning on grabbing him with a late 3rd/early 4th rounder as my #1 WR will set me up to go RB/RB and still get a guy with top 10 expectations in my mind.

Projection- seeing as he is in the downside of his prime age wise and now that teams have more (haha) tape on QB than they had at the end of '09- I'm going with- 15 games, 86.7 y/g with 1 TD every 11 receptions or so

86/1300/7-8- with 30 yards rushing thrown in- good for WR 7-9.

Although LaFell is not some blue chip prospect, he can not be any worse than Dwayne Jarrett and any help to take some focus off Steve Smith is a good thing.I do not understand why Carolina would not put more focus on finding a better WR2 and WR3 for their team. It would not be that hard. Go grab a guy like TO, L. Coles, T. Holt, Deion Branch, Burleson, A. Bryant, Santonio Holmes, etc. Someone who isn't that expensive but at least a viable WR2 in the NFL, or at least a big improvement over what they have.
I think LaFell will help Smith this year, and so will Armanti Edwards. I expect Smith to have a very good season.

Should have a much better year now that Moore is tossing him the rock. But his upside is somewhat limited in that CAR is perhaps the best running team in football and has 2 great RBs in DWill and Stewart.

85 rec, 1250 yds rec, 8 TD

Smith missed week 17 last year and only missed two games in 2008 because of suspension. I don't think he's the injury risk some are making him out to be. And while I agree the touchdowns may be hard to come by on a run-oriented team, I still like his potential to gain a ton of receiving yards.He led the league in receiving yards in 2005 and averaged 97.7 yards per game.In 2006, he missed two games with injury and was saddled with the corpse of Chris Weinke for three games; in the other 11 games, he averaged 94.8 YPG.His 2007 season was bad, but only because Vinny Testaverde and David Carr were the QBs. In the 6 games started by Delhomme or Moore, though, he averaged 89.7 YPG.In 2008, he was suspended for the first two games but led the league with 101.5 YPG.Last year was a bad year, but I think it's easy to blame it on Delhomme just losing it. He averaged 7.4 Y/A from 2005 to 2008, but fell off a cliff last year -- he had an anemic 4.3 Y/A average. But, in the four games with Moore, he averaged 94.5 Y/G.So yes, in 2005 he was a monster, leading the league in all three major categories. He also averaged 97.7 yards per game. Since that year, he's played in 35 games with something resembling a decent NFL QB, and he's averaged 96.9 YPG in those games. That tells me his play hasn't fallen off at all.If Matt Moore is a decent NFL QB and plays 16 games, and Steve Smith plays in 16 games, he's going to come close to 1600 yards. That's been his track record for five years now. I don't think Smith is a significant injury risk (at least compared to your average WR) but I do see a lot of "ifs" in that statement. And while I like Clausen, if he's playing in 2010, that could end up being terrible for Smith's fantasy value.
Wow.

Any word on his expected return?
"Steve Smith (fractured arm) is willing to bet his game check that he'll be active and starting in Week 1 against the Giants.There's little doubt Smith will be back as much as two weeks before the opener, and he has extra incentive against the Giants. Safety Michael Johnson laid the hit on him that resulted in his original broken arm late last season. "I'm going after him," Smith said. Johnson should be shaking in his cleats. Seriously."Aug 3rd-Roto

Wow.
Chase - any revised projections if Smith is able to play full speed at week 1?

From cbs sports: Panthers WR Steve Smith ran routes with the first-team offense during warmups in practice Monday, but he did not practice in team drills. Smith broke his forearm while playing flag football in late June and looked like the injury is almost behind him as he made a leaping catch. He also showed excellent speed while running routes, something we've become accustomed to. "He's been catching a little bit on his own, and [Monday] we had a comfort level with him running around a little bit, but obviously non-contact," head coach John Fox said. (Updated 08/16/2010

If Smith fully recovers, his time away could have benefited the development of the panther's #2 wr, thereby solidifying his chances of an even better season. The repeat broken arm if it fully heals could have been a blessing in disguise. So far he looks on target for a full recovery.

Any further news on Smith? And where are you guys taking him in drafts?
I drafted Smith as my 3rd WR behind Marshal and OchoCinco. Keeper league, so the draft is a bit skewed as guys are kept, but basicall I kept Chris Johnson, drafted Marshal in the 1st (basically the 2nd round) as 12-24 guys are kept. Then Schaub, Ocho, then Steve Smith... So 5th round basically?

I drafted Smith as my 3rd WR behind Marshal and OchoCinco. Keeper league, so the draft is a bit skewed as guys are kept, but basicall I kept Chris Johnson, drafted Marshal in the 1st (basically the 2nd round) as 12-24 guys are kept. Then Schaub, Ocho, then Steve Smith... So 5th round basically?
highway robbery.

Is mid third round too early for Smith? I personally think he is still a top 12 wide receiver but for some reason people are saying that he is falling to the 4th.

in a 2QB league I grabbed Smith as my flex starter after Chris Johnson, Fitz, Wayne, Welker.

so he fell to the 5th in my 2QB league but keep in mind by this time about 12-13QB's were off the board.

12 team league, took him in the middle of the 4th, that was back on Aug 8th though
Two weeks ago got him late 4th as my WR1 in a 12T-PPR draft that went VERY WR heavy in the early rounds (while I snagged Rice/Gore/Romo, then followed with welker/charles/maclin). Taken before him:AJFitzMarshallMoss-AustinWayneMegatronSmith (NYG)WhiteS HolmesJennings-ColstonBoldinDJaxThis is a league where 50% are pretty solid... 30% are soso and 20% are idiots.

Is mid third round too early for Smith? I personally think he is still a top 12 wide receiver but for some reason people are saying that he is falling to the 4th.
I knew I could get him in the 4th because I knew the people in my league. Mid third is not a reach and its where I think he should be going, however, why draft him there if people are just going to look at last year's numbers. If your league is like mine, I would wait.

I've owned Smith in one of my deep keeper leagues since 2004 - this is easily the most optimistic I've been about his prospects in the last three years. I really like the chemistry between Moore and Smith, and I think a viable second WR option develops between LaFell and Jarrett this season to keep rolling coverages honest enough for Smith to get his.

Assuming he stays healthy (which is of course not a given), I see at least top 10 for Smith this year, maybe even top 8

75 catches for 1,100 yards and 8 TDs .. another WR that's falling some in drafts that I will be targeting :lmao:
70/980/6never been a TD machine,aside from one good year, he's been an avg joe at WR relative to his ADP...somewhat overrated/overhyped, this year the wheels might fall off in Carolina..Moore isn't very good, Clausen is worse..just saying, I think Carolina's Smith is the wrong Smith to have this year, you want NYG's version.

Don't know what to make of Steve Smith version 1.0. I have owned him a number of times in different leagues. Traded him away in my keeper league last year. It is very frustrating to own him. Maybe it is because of his inconsistency? He'll have those nice 9/130/1TD weeks, but then follow them up with a 3/22/0TD week.

If the guy ever had a legit QB throwing him the rock, and could stay healthy, he would be a perennial top-5 WR. Too much risk in the 3rd/4th of a 10-teamer in my opinion, but if he falls to the 5th, grab him and start sending him calcium supplements.

I frankly don't know what people see in this guy. He had one monster years, a couple good other years, but really besides that he is a fancy Hines Ward or Derrick Mason.

His QB stinks and there is no other passing weapons to even keep a defense honest. His supporting passing cast is comical. I am not sure if there is a worst combo of QB, TE, WR2, and WR3 in the NFL. :lmao:

Oh and he is coming off a broken arm and if you read up he isn't even in football shape yet. He said that himself.

I frankly don't know what people see in this guy. He had one monster years, a couple good other years, but really besides that he is a fancy Hines Ward or Derrick Mason. His QB stinks and there is no other passing weapons to even keep a defense honest. His supporting passing cast is comical. I am not sure if there is a worst combo of QB, TE, WR2, and WR3 in the NFL. :goodposting:Oh and he is coming off a broken arm and if you read up he isn't even in football shape yet. He said that himself.
I think the Carolina Running Game needs to be figured in to this a bit. Teams can't just sit back & double Smith etc with Williams & Stewart pounding the ball all day. Steve Smith is a very solid WR. Maybe not elite like some of the others but a really good bet to get 80 catches 1100 yards & 8 TD's..

He's still pretty solid. Doesn't sound like any receivers are really threatening his wr1 status either.

Broken arm healed, he's working on conditioning Brad Biggs

Print ThisSend ThisAUGUST 31, 2010, 10:40 AM ESTADD A COMMENT

Steve Smith continues to point to the season opener Sept. 12 against the New York Giants as his projected date to return from that inconvenient broken left arm he suffered playing flag football.

He’s been working on his conditioning in training camp with the Carolina Panthers, and an offense that has done next to nothing in preseason is going to need its biggest star.

“Have not diverted from the path at hand, which is Week 1 in New York,” Smith told Darin Gantt of the Charlotte Observer. “And that’s been the focal point, and that’s kind of where it’s going to start.

“This Monday, cardio-wise is a lot better than last Monday, significantly,” he said. “That’s a relief mentally for me. That’s a little bit more reps I can go before coming out cardio-wise, so that was good. Last week I was hurting, my lungs were hurting, chest was burning. It was like the last thousand meters” of a marathon.”

It is unlikely Smith will play on Thursday in the preseason finale at Pittsburgh. The Panthers need him badly as the lone threat in their passing game, and they’re fortunate there have been no setbacks to this point.

Carolina has a talented pair of running backs and the Panthers are going to face a slew of eight-man fronts until quarterback Matt Moore and Smith can prove to be an effective combination. Unfortunately, they haven’t been able to do much work toward that goal this summer.

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

Users who are viewing this thread