What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush, RB, New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2010 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

Each week we will post a list of players to be discussed. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discussion expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Reggie Bush, RB, New Orleans Saints

Player Page Link: Reggie Bush Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :goodposting: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

He had less than 150 touches last season.....not sure he is anything more than a RB4.

Only 8 or more carries twice last season.

Also 5 or more catches only 4 times last season....that is the lowest in his career.

100 420 3 and 45 325 3

Bush will be more in the mix this season.

550 yards rushing 6 TD's 60 receptions 615 yards 4 TD's

2 Special teams TD's to boot.

This is it for him. And I think New Orleans rolls with Thomas and Bush as their one two punch at RB. I think his TD numbers will be the hidden suprise this season as I see him used in the red zone a lot this upcoming year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always like Reggie and I called before the year last year that NO would use him very little throughout the year and keep him fresh for the playoff stretch. This year I think he gets more involved in the offense and has more respectable numbers.......not great but respectable.

106 carries 375 yards

60 catches 660 yards

8 total td's

Bush is a much more useful player for the Saints than the Fantasy Football owner because of the split backfield approach and the fact that he is more of a receiver than the hard nose straight ahead runner. He can explode some weeks with some nice TD's and vanish others. If I had a FF championship on the line I would hope he was on but would be nervous about it. I would say low RB 2 perhaps RB3.

he'll do a little better this yr... One less RB to take carries with Bell gone and a full season finally accomplished.

But as stated by others, for FF its even hard to consider him and RB3 with the lack of work he gets.

I think that Reggie Bush will outperform most expectations this season. When I watched him down the stretch and into the playoffs, he was finally running hard and decisively. I think that his nicks bothered him more than was generally admitted to and he will be more effective in 2010. My recollection was tempered when I looked over his statistics down the stretch. He was more effective like I recalled, but not used as much as I thought.

From week 14 through the playoffs, a period of seven games, the last three of which were do or die, Bush had 31 rushing attempts for 230 yards 7.41 ypc and also had 30 targets 24 catches 195 yards 8.13 ypc and 4 TDs. In ppr scoring, that would amount to 91 fantasy points or 13.0 per game and he had only 55 touches (just shy of eight per game).

I know the losing Mike Bell is not that big a deal to the Saints, but when you assess Bell's production in 09 and consider Bush's effectiveness over the last seven games, it gives me some optimism. When you also consider that Reggie Bush is currently the RB 26 at 64 overall, it seems to me that he is a value pick that allows selection of more top WRs early and waiting on RB2.

Reggie Bush 16 gms 130 rushes 650 yards 5.0 ypc and 85 targets for 60 catches 480 yards 8.0 ypc and 8 TDs

I think that Reggie Bush will outperform most expectations this season.
I hear this every year.You are right though, Reggie did look better than usual down the stretch last season but let's not confuse ourselves into thinking he'll go 16 games next season, the first time since his rookie year.He will look like an elite back at times next year, his knees will swell up and there will be crucial game time decisions as a fantasy owner at best when you own Reggie Bush. He's never finished in the top 15 overall at RB in fantasy so to me he would have been labeled a bust if the Saints didn't go ahead and win a SB. I think Reggie will be best used in spurts during the season and they'll try and keep him fresh heading into the playoffs. It worked last year, I think they'll keep that in the back of their mind when that knee starts to swell again as Reggie's 1 year older.420 yards rushing and 5 td's 52 receptions for 320 yards and 3 td's

Bush is extremely undervalued in non-ppr leagues, in my opinion. He is not God's gift to Fanatsy football as he was advertised, but he does hold some fine value at his ADP, and concensous ranking. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/a...ortby=consensus

Injury has been his bugaboo, but initially they tried to feature him. Last year they finally figured out how best to utilize his talents. Last year marked his least amount of carries AND/OR receptions, yet he still accounted for 725 yards and a career tying 8 td's in 14 games. He was getting healthy towards the end of the season and went off for 275 yards and 3 additional TD's in the playoffs.

For his career he is avg. 966 yards a season, in 13 games, and scoring 7 Td's. He is as healthy coming into this season as he has been since his rookie year. I know that is cliche', but doesn't change it's truth in this case.

What I like about Bush is the fact that they scheme him highly into their gameplane as far as TD's are concerned. This team had a TD vulture last season in Bell, yet he only accounted for 5 Td's, and he is now gone. Bush had 8 and Pierre 6. I see Bush as a 1000 yard 10 TD guys this year, as he enters the season healthy, and as this team has to pull out all stops because everyone is gunning for them. They will have to score more points than ever, and their Coach loves to scheme his offense.

I think you could do much worse than scoring a player of Bush's caliber at his current ADP of 7.06 in non-ppr scoring leagues. When you add in the bump he receives in PPR leagues that amounts to gravy, as his current ADP there only jumps to 6.06!

I'm gonna let people pass over him and grab him as #2/#3 Rb material while stashing another top WR in the first few rounds.

Saints | Reggie Bush healthy entering year Sat Jul 31, 01:19 PM

New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush said he is the healthiest he has been since his rookie season, reports Jeff Duncan, of The New Orleans Times Picayune. Bush said at this time last year he was no better than 70 percent healthy.

Saints | Reggie Bush enters camp with no restrictions Sun Aug 1, 11:42 AM

New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush said microfracture surgery last year robbed him of some of his confidence during the first half of last season, reports Jeff Duncan, of The New Orleans Times-Picayune. He didn't feel completely healthy until the end of the season, and he put forth a strong showing during the playoffs. 'Once you saw a healthy me, I think you saw me being more explosive, back to myself,' Bush said. He hopes to continue the strong finish into this year. Bush enters training camp completely healthy, with no restrictions or rehab.

I think Reggie could be a good value pick in PPR this year with Mike Bell gone and Bush going into the season healthy. I know that Drew Brees and the Saints like to spread the ball around, but I also think that the reason why Bush saw less touches last year is becuase he just wasn't healthy enough. Lets not forget that in PPR leagues in 2008 Bush was the #1 overall scorer in weeks 1-6 before he got hurt.

I think Reggie could be a good value pick in PPR this year with Mike Bell gone and Bush going into the season healthy. I know that Drew Brees and the Saints like to spread the ball around, but I also think that the reason why Bush saw less touches last year is becuase he just wasn't healthy enough. Lets not forget that in PPR leagues in 2008 Bush was the #1 overall scorer in weeks 1-6 before he got hurt.
Bush could be a good value play this year in PPR, but let's also not forget that he padded his stats in those first six games by returning three punts for TDs and Pierre Thomas was an afterthought in the beginning of the year.

7 catches for 70 yards really caught my eye.

I think Bush puts together his best year ever. In PPR leagues, you really need to pay attention.

The Saints are going to use him a ton, and it is conceivable that he could top 90 receptions and 1500 total yards. His rookie season he had 88 and 1300. I just think that the light has come on, and now the Saints understand that "ok, he's not going to be the next Barry Sanders", but he is an incredible tool to have. Now they are figuring out how to utilize him better and it's been fun to watch him over the last few games (including the 09 playoffs of course).

I'm loving his role as a red zone threat.

Most are projecting him to have 8-9 total TD's, but from the looks of the playoffs last year and the preseason, I think he'll land in the double digits...especially if you count in PR return TD's. Could get as high as 12+.

Just landed him in trades in a few leagues.

He looks better running the ball inside the tackles (esp against my texans who killed the cowboy rb's)

I think the guy can have a breakout yr with him being more involved in the offense and more healthier.

Wont make any projections but i think he can be a nice rb2 this yr. Even in non ppr

Dont know why I am high on him this year but I liked what I saw late last year - thrilled to get him as a #3RB in non-PPr.

Every year he is covered with ten foot pole marks in my league and I eventually take him. I think he is poised to have his best year yet.

Coming from a Pierre owner I am VERY high on Bush this year. As others have said he is healthy coming into the season and I think he has slowly learned how to be a better NFL runner. I expect his numbers in the passing game to be closer to his rookie year and for him to have his best ypc in the ground game.

Plus he got rid of Kardashian and that's a positive in my book. Seriously.

I am somewhat regretting taking PT at the 2/3 turn even though I love his playmaking ability as well. Bush went in 4.07 in my main league and I think that was good value when you look at our league setup. I was not gonna take Bush as highly as I grabbed PT but when all is said and done I would not be surprised if Reggie outscores him in PPR leagues.

Just recently drafted Phenoms draft:

5.10 58. Two Mannings, One Cup Spiller, C.J. BUF RB Sun Sep 5 8:32:48 p.m. ET 20106.03 63. Two Mannings, One Cup Bush, Reggie NOS RB Sun Sep 5 8:34:50 p.m. ET 20106.09 69. Untamed Whoopass Jones, Felix DAL RB Sun Sep 5 8:39:40 p.m. ET 20107.02 74. Have a Cigar Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB Sun Sep 5 8:44:37 p.m. ET 20107.04 76. Untamed Whoopass Forsett, Justin SEA RB Sun Sep 5 8:46:47 p.m. ET 20107.07 79. T-Town Boyz Harrison, Jerome CLE RB Sun Sep 5 8:49:06 p.m. ET 20107.08 80. TKO Portis, Clinton WAS RB Sun Sep 5 8:50:01 p.m. ET 20107.10 82. Two Mannings, One Cup Barber, Marion DAL RB Sun Sep 5 8:51:16 p.m. ET 20107.11 83. hoppers Williams, Ricky MIA RB Sun Sep 5 8:52:28 p.m. ET 20108.01 85. Hardcore Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB Sun Sep 5 8:53:11 p.m. ET 20108.08 92. Romulus Maximus Williams, Carnell TBB RB Sun Sep 5 8:58:35 p.m. ET 20109.02 98. Have a Cigar Brown, Donald IND RB Sun Sep 5 9:02:53 p.m. ET 20109.07 103. T-Town Boyz Bush, Michael OAK RB Sun Sep 5 9:04:29 p.m. ET 20109.08 104. TKO Hightower, Tim ARI RB Sun Sep 5 9:05:07 p.m. ET 2010
This is a .5 PPR league for RBs. Seems about right.

Users who are viewing this thread