What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Instructional Series on the Audible (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
It's hard to believe it's been four years since we joined the Audible and began producing the first IDP only podcast on the internet. The IDP 101-401 series were our very first shows, so we thought we'd update and improve upon them this offseason. As always, thanks to everyone for listening over the past seasons. We couldn't do the show without your interest and attention.

IDP 101 -- Getting Started With IDP Leagues

Why and how you should join/start your own IDP league

IDP 201 -- Basic Strategy For IDP Leagues

Understanding scoring systems, lineup requirements, defensive positions and basic draft strategies

IDP 301 -- Advanced Strategy For IDP Leagues

Trading with IDPs, managing your defensive lineup, targeting free agents and where to find the best decision-making tools

IDP 401 -- Expert Strategy For IDP Leagues

Extended primer on defensive schemes and trends and how to scout rookies

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

Even those of us who have played IDP for awhile can use a little refresher course. :doh:

Wow. Great stuff, fellas.

For my particular situation, IDP 301 was spot on. Last year I drafted extremely well with the prep available in 101, 201 plus Jene and John's well-written IDP primers.

However, once the season I made several bonehead moves/non-moves that cost me dearly and the 301 content regarding trading, waiver wire/free agency and roster mgmt lays out a number of excellent strategies for addressing IDP post-draft and once the season begins.

:popcorn:

Good stuff - wondering if there were any other good podcasts on the subject or any good articles.
There are some similar articles and threads from the 2009 and 2010 seasons in the pinned warehouse thread above. The four articles at the bottom should be available to non-subscribers now, or will be shortly. The Incorporating IDP Concepts article and Guide to Defenses were revised last summer and are available under the preseason tab. They should also be available to non-2010 subscribers soon, if they aren't already.

Users who are viewing this thread