What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cadillac Williams, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2010 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

Each week we will post a list of players to be discussed. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discussion expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Cadillac Williams, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Player Page Link: Cadillac Williams Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :goodposting: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cadillac Williams was one of the most surprising players to me in 2009. The guy played 16 games for the first time in his career and was effective running the ball for much of the season. The Bucs still don't have a very good team so that doesn't fare well for Williams especially in the TD department but something similar to last season isn't over his head as long as Cadillac stays tuned up.

830 yards rushing and 6 td's 23 receptions for 188 yards and 1td

Buccaneers offensive coordinator Greg Olson has said that the most disappointing thing about last season was the Bucs running game. He said that both Cadillac Williams and Derrick Ward will see plenty of carries, and that there will be a much bigger commitment to the running game.

However, I really don't see Ward being much more than a complement to Williams. The only success that Ward has seen in the NFL was in a zone blocking scheme. While the Bucs will still run some zone this year, the Bucs will go back to running more of a man blocking scheme. Not only do I think Ward is a better fit for a ZBS, but quite frankly, I just don't think that Ward is that talented.

Williams on the other hand is very talented. His only problem (and it's been a huge problem) is his inability to stay healthy. However, Williams is coming off his first season in which he's played all 16 games, and is now fully healthy. Not to mention that this is the 1st time in years that instead of spending time rehabbing injuries, Williams has had the entire offseason to practice with the team. I think the ability to focus on football instead of rehabbing a knee injury will be a big plus for Williams this year.

While it took until week 16, Williams was given a total of 50 combined touches in the final two weeks of the season. In week 16 against the Saints, Williams carried the ball 24 times for 129 yards and a TD. They beat the Super Bowl champions by leaning on Williams, and I expect to see more of that this year.

The Bucs defense played much better when Raheem Morris took over last year. While they will still have their struggles, the Bucs defense should be much improved from a year ago. Playing teams like the Browns and Rams will only help. With that being said, expect Tampa to not let as many games get out of hand, and expect the Bucs to be able to commit to the running game more.

290 Carries, 1150 Yards, 9 TDs

35 Catches, 250 Yards, 2 TDs

A steal in the 7th round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad sleeper IMO. Will the OL be better?
The OL will be about the same. I don't think Penn is going to hold out but he may not be there for camp. If he isn't they are saying Demar Dotson could fill in for him. Dotson is a basketball convert who people have been saying some pretty positive things about. Faine, Joseph, and Zuttah are all pretty solid on the interior of the line. Trueblood is ok until he starts getting penalties.This line didn't play up to expectations last year and I would have to say some of that is because the team was in transition. The zone blocking experiment, firing the OC in camp, and a rookie QB all contributed to the inconsistent play. They have the talent to be in the better half of the league and running the ball should be a strength this year.The Bucs will continue to use Caddy as the #1. He isn't locked up long term so I don't think they are worried about him getting injured. They are probably trying to get all they can out of him at this point. However, Ward isn't happy not getting carries so he will bite into the time. There really should be plenty of carries for the both of them.Graham will be nothing more than a GL back / FB imo.Kareem Huggins is a guy to keep on the radar. I don't see Clifton Smith contributing much more than on ST unless there are injuries.

Bump Cadillac's value?

The Tampa Tribune suggests that Derrick Ward is in danger of not making the team this year.A trade or a release are both realistic possibilities, according to the Tribune. Ward looked awfully sluggish on a rain-slicked field Saturday night while Cadillac Williams and Kareem Huggins both looked fantastic. Ward is due $3.25 million this year -- a lot to pay for a third-string tailback.Source: Tampa Tribune

Bump Cadillac's value?

The Tampa Tribune suggests that Derrick Ward is in danger of not making the team this year.A trade or a release are both realistic possibilities, according to the Tribune. Ward looked awfully sluggish on a rain-slicked field Saturday night while Cadillac Williams and Kareem Huggins both looked fantastic. Ward is due $3.25 million this year -- a lot to pay for a third-string tailback.Source: Tampa Tribune
No bump Huggins value, cadillac's role will stay the same!!! If caddillac goes down early Huggins might find himself in the top 20 and considering he is porbably undrafted in 99% of leagues he might be the best and biggest sleeper RB in 2010.

Bump Cadillac's value?

No bump Huggins value, cadillac's role will stay the same!!! If caddillac goes down early Huggins might find himself in the top 20 and considering he is porbably undrafted in 99% of leagues he might be the best and biggest sleeper RB in 2010.
I definitely can see him getting on the field but top20? I don't think Caddy is top20 and he has/had a lot more talent than Huggy. Guy is a buck95 wet and more of a scatback. Please don't compare to other topline/topflight RBs with similar weight, he simply is not in their class. The number of undrafted RBs that make a real impact in the NFL are far and few between. Add in a very challenged offense and I can't see anything close to top20.

All aboard the Caddy train :towelwave:
I am a happy Caddy owner. I have him as a #4 RB in one dynasty league and a #3 in another. Got sniped in the 2nd round of my keep 14 league, but he missed exactly ZERO games last year, and had 238 touches for 1,035 yards and 7 TDs. His touches increased towards the end of the year, and in fact, aside from week 3 (which he was questionable coming into) he had double-digit touches every week. Now they have been saying all off-season that they intend to increase Caddy's workload this year.I'm not going to CHOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO!!!!But I will gladly toooot toooot!

This is the year us unfortunate Caddy dynasty owners have been waiting for. He is at the end of his contract and the Bucs are going to use him like it. I expect 25 carries per game minimum. Kareem Huggins will be a change of pace back that could surprise people but lets not fool ourselves as to who is the man here. I'm feeling much more optimistic about Earnest Graham as well now that Ward is gone.

This is the year us unfortunate Caddy dynasty owners have been waiting for. He is at the end of his contract and the Bucs are going to use him like it. I expect 25 carries per game minimum. Kareem Huggins will be a change of pace back that could surprise people but lets not fool ourselves as to who is the man here. I'm feeling much more optimistic about Earnest Graham as well now that Ward is gone.
I like his chances this year more than most, but you might have more Caddy optimism than anyone else walking the Earth.

I like his chances this year more than most, but you might have more Caddy optimism than anyone else walking the Earth.
new here?

new here?
I guess I've never noticed your schtick.

Cadillac is nothing more than a RB3/Rb2 bye week fill in at this point. Plus he has no trade value since everything things hes one hit away from being injured again. I have him as my RB4 and doubt he'll get much play on my squad unless I have some major injury problems. IMO Huggins is the guy to have and may be this years Jamaal Charles.

Not a bad sleeper IMO. Will the OL be better?
The OL will be about the same. I don't think Penn is going to hold out but he may not be there for camp. If he isn't they are saying Demar Dotson could fill in for him. Dotson is a basketball convert who people have been saying some pretty positive things about. Faine, Joseph, and Zuttah are all pretty solid on the interior of the line. Trueblood is ok until he starts getting penalties.This line didn't play up to expectations last year and I would have to say some of that is because the team was in transition. The zone blocking experiment, firing the OC in camp, and a rookie QB all contributed to the inconsistent play. They have the talent to be in the better half of the league and running the ball should be a strength this year.The Bucs will continue to use Caddy as the #1. He isn't locked up long term so I don't think they are worried about him getting injured. They are probably trying to get all they can out of him at this point. However, Ward isn't happy not getting carries so he will bite into the time. There really should be plenty of carries for the both of them.Graham will be nothing more than a GL back / FB imo.Kareem Huggins is a guy to keep on the radar. I don't see Clifton Smith contributing much more than on ST unless there are injuries.
Good call on Huggins

I've never really been a handcuff guy, but I have to admit that I'm pretty happy to have Caddy and Kareem Huggins as my #5 and 6 RB's on my roster.

C-Bound said:
Is Graham the "goal-line back"?
Caddy has proven he can handle GL carries but they will also use Graham. Morris's concept has been to go with whoever is running well. So if Caddy moves the ball 60yds odds are he will stay in the game when they are near the GL.

I think Cadillac is this year's Cedric Benson or at the very least a poor man's version of what Benson was last year.

Users who are viewing this thread