What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Santonio Holmes & Jerricho Cotchery, WRs, New York Jets (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2010 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

Each week we will post a list of players to be discussed. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discussion expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Santonio Holmes & Jerricho Cotchery, WRs, New York Jets

Player Page Link: Santonio Holmes Player Page

Player Page Link: Jerricho Cotchery Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :goodposting: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

J. Cotchery- He's the possession guy in NY but his big play potential is limited with Edwards on the team as well as Holmes. The Jets will run the ball and play defense. In the middle of that, they'll throw in some play action and if you start Cotchery, during the play action play you'll be praying that Sanchez is throwing the ball to Cotchery on that play to finally get some points out of him because I don't think the Jets will be way behind in too many games this year. I expect a lot of tight games for the Jets, playing it close to the vest.

65 receptions for 750 yards and 4 td's

S. Holmes- The former SB MVP is now a Jet. He'll help keep defenses honest but I suspect it'll take Holmes some time to get acclamated to the Jet offense. His talent will win out though and I think Holmes may be a WR that starts to peak down the stretch of the fantasy football season.

50 recpetions for 650 yards and 5 td's

Jets are a running team and that won't change this year. The passing stats will hover around 180 yards/game and 1.5 TD's/game. Divvy that total up between Cotchery, Holmes, Edwards, Jets TE's and checkdowns to RB's and I don't like the hit and miss stats from any of these guys. Any of them are weak WR3 or strong WR4's. Depending on ADP, they likely won't be on any of my teams.

i have Cotchery in my dynasty league, so i'm expecting at least 85 receptions, 1200 yards, and 10 TD's.

have no reasonable reason for my prognostication, but normally i'm pretty lucky so this is just what i think will really happen.

(baby i got that feeling!)

I'm of the belief that once Holmes has finished his suspension, its only a matter of time before he is the go-to WR on this team. He's basically got a combo of Cotchery's hands and Braylon's big play ability. If the running game doesn't drop off too much and the o-line holds up, I think Holmes could be deadly in the deep passing game.

I'll give Holmes 60 catches for 900 yards and 8 TD's.

Cotchery will be strictly a possesion WR and could even be a slot guy once Santonio returns. I don't see very much upside with him other than maybe the first 4 weeks.

I'll give Cotchery 45 catches for 650 yards and 4 TD's

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread