What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guide to NFL Defenses (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
This series is the third revision of the original message board series from early 2008, now broken into what will be seven installments and spruced up with more anecdotes, history and fancier playbook diagrams.

First three installments are available today, the next four should be up within the next 7-10 days.

Part 1: Introduction and DL Play

Part 2: Evolution of the 4-3 Front

Part 3: 4-3 Front Continued and Tampa-2

Part 4: The 3-4 Front

Part 5: The Zone Blitz

Part 6: The '46' Defense

Part 7: Nickel and Other Subpackages

Last edited by a moderator:
Jene,

As a young coach trying to find all the information I can to study and learn about how defenses evolved in the NFL and nuances to each I can't thank you enough. This type of info is incredible. I know the intent was to help FF geeks understand how the different D's can impact IDP performance, but I got much more from it in terms of applying it to on field knowledge.

Thank you for the time and effort!

Jene,

Can you put these in a .pdf file so I can save them to my computer for later reference ? This stuff is fantastic !!

Thanks Kev

Wow, you never cease to amaze me Jene. Do you have a listing of the defensive alignment that each team will use? This would be of great help for my drafts this week. TIA.

I dunno how I didn't stumble on this til now but... it appears Christmas has come a bit early for me tonight! :lmao: :popcorn:

Thank you, sir!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread