Photo

The iPad has arrived, and FBG needs to lead the charge.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CompetitiveEdgeFootball

CompetitiveEdgeFootball

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

No more toting clunky laptops around. The iPad will be the fantasy fanatics Excalibur on draft day, on sunday mornings at 1230 while trying to figure out whether Calvin Johnson is starting, or whether you need to plug in Malcom Floyd and hope for a shoot out, and at Monday Night Football parties at your buddies house while feverishly watching several league scoreboards simultaneously. We absolutely NEED the Draft Dominator APP for the iPad. The future is now with both WiFi and 3G cellular internet capability, you can be connected to footballguys.com 24/7 for audio, site updates and advice from veteran fantasy players in the forums. There are other Draft Day Apps out for the iPad already, but most of them are just garbage. No one else offers such insight and meticulous dedication to watching every snap, breaking down every stat, and finding new ways to analyze the game we all are fanatical about. I realize it may be too late for this season, with many drafts happening in the next two weeks, but it would be a great time to get a head start on learning the iPad OS and its capabilities. Please give us the Draft Dominator iPad APP!!! :excited:

Edited by CompetitiveEdgeFootball, 06 January 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#2 ant525i

ant525i

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 27-July 04

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:00 AM

Yes, I second that. I am sure they will work on something for release in the near future. I have an iPad and agree the DD would be incredible on it. I can mock draft on the train ride home!! Any updates or thoughts on that guys?

#3 CompetitiveEdgeFootball

CompetitiveEdgeFootball

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

As the 2010 season comes to a close, I'd like to reiterate my request for the DD App and other FBG Apps for the apple iPad!!!

dude///u give insihjtful answers...

Man CEF is fishing the heck out of you guys.

:o

Follow me on Twitter! @CEdgeFootball

#4 CompetitiveEdgeFootball

CompetitiveEdgeFootball

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:41 AM

bump

dude///u give insihjtful answers...

Man CEF is fishing the heck out of you guys.

:o

Follow me on Twitter! @CEdgeFootball

#5 jswalker1981

jswalker1981

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 10-June 03

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Definitely. An iphone/ipad app would be awesome. Same goes for an android app. So many people now have smartphones and tablet computers. Right now I have to take my macbook with virtualbox on it, and load up windows to use the draft dominator. I'd love to take my iphone into the draft, and just my iphone. There is something to being prepared for the draft, and just look at my phone and dominate the draft. That's all I took with me. If I could get a real draft app on my iphone, that would be awesome. I can't imagine that it would be that hard to hire someone to do the programming. I hope this has been seriously discussed, because the market is so underwhelmed by the current offerings. If FBG just put out a decent draft app, that at least had a draft board, that could let me see what everyone had drafted and let me determine who could be picked next, that would be 10 times better than what is out there now.

#6 GridironMenace

GridironMenace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

If FBG comes out with an iPhone app without making DD mac compatible that would be hilarious.

MRI on twitter ... Torn Labia ...

What's a labia? Where did you see this?

#7 ant525i

ant525i

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 27-July 04

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

Any updates on this? This would be fantastic. So much easier than taking my laptop to a draft!!!

#8 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

We definitely are kicking around creating a DD iPad app on this end. It won't be this season, but if a couple of things fall in to place, it could easily be next season.

#9 tps_reports

tps_reports

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 24-July 07

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

We definitely are kicking around creating a DD iPad app on this end. It won't be this season, but if a couple of things fall in to place, it could easily be next season.

Any idea if this is going to happen this year? If so, that would be great!!!

#10 Pots

Pots

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Joined 11-August 04

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Why is this necessary? It's already super easy to navigate the FBG website on Safari

#11 tps_reports

tps_reports

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 24-July 07

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

Why is this necessary? It's already super easy to navigate the FBG website on Safari

This is about a Draft Dominator App!!! That would be wonderful!!!

#12 rockaction

rockaction

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Joined 09-September 11

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

In all seriousness, the forum displays have changed on the iPhone application in the past day or so. I'm not sure if I need to shut my phone down and restart it, or whether this is a permanent change. It's now just pretty much a link to the forum pages, whereas before it had a more application-esque feel when navigating. I'd gotten quite used to it, and rather liked it :cry: (okay, I'm nowhere near this overwrought) Anyway, any info from anyone would be appreciated. Ah, never mind. I just re-set it and the application reset. Odd. I'll leave this here for anyone that might come across a similar issue.

sorry if this is wrong forums but david could you ask mike herbin if he would trade succop for birongas

#13 skinsrule05

skinsrule05

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 24-July 08

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Is there any update on this? I feel this is the most asked question on the board with little response. The one thing I saw was that there may be a stripped down version of DD in the magazine app. At last years draft a majority of guys in my league were using iPad apps for the draft. They weren't as good as DD but they were better then no app at all. I am definitely going the iPad route for this years draft I just need to see what service to sign up for.

#14 Marked

Marked

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 431 posts
  • Joined 15-June 08

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Did you see THIS in The Shark Pool?

Edited by Marked, 20 June 2012 - 01:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users