#1 valhallan

valhallan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,953 posts
  • Joined 25-August 04

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

This has to be one of the largest forums on the web without Tapatalk integration. Both Joe and David acknowledged months ago the need for this feature and claimed they were working on it:

Dumb (and maybe unrelated) question.

Are you guys adding support for a mobile app called Tapatalk for your forums? (that would be awesome if you did)

Yes we were waiting for Invision to support it. They now do, but it will take updating our forums. I believe Keith has that scheduled a few weeks from now.

I'm pretty excited about this feature. I'm glad to see message boards get some love on new technology stuff like this. With all the foursquare / twitter / buzz / facebook social media cool things, it seems like the good old tried and true boards get overlooked sometimes. For lots of things, they're a great social media outlet.

J

So I ask, where is it? Why the hold up?

#2 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,223 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Tapatalk doesn't support the version of Invision Board that we're running, so the board would need to be upgraded to support it. But upgrading the board was judged to be a lower priority than some other things we were working on over the summer. So why not upgrade it now? Because the season starts this week. The board takes on a huge load of traffic on Sunday mornings between 10 AM and 12 AM Central time during the runup to the games. This load is heaviest for weeks 1-6 of the season. Performing an upgrade this close to the season would be a risky move because the new version of Invision brings many changes and additional features with it. Some of those features are useful and some are annoying, but many are merely bloat. At the same time, there are generally system optimizations included in those upgrades. There are a few in this upgrade that will be potentially useful to us. So the net impact of an upgrade is variance in performance. The board may become less efficient or it may become more efficient, but its performance profile will change significantly. In general, the overall impact on system performance of a software upgrade given no upgrade to hardware is negative. And unfortunately, the larger the board is, the bigger the impact of the upgrade. In my opinion, we're too close to the season to perform the upgrade right now.

If God were to come down right now: "Terry, what can I do for ya?" Send me ... Put me back in one Super Bowl, and put me on the one-foot line, and give me two minutes to go and give me all three of my timeouts and give me my boys. And let me hear my name over the loudspeaker -- let me hear the roar of the crowd -- "BRAD-shaw! BRAD-shaw!" -- let me have 'em booing on one side. Let me get in and call plays -- see their eyes grow as I call these plays -- and talk to 'em. Let me feel the hair on my back crawl up -- I mean, that's what the Super Bowl does to ya. I mean, it's ... I mean, it's doing it right now to me. I mean, I can go out right now and play -- I know I can play two minutes.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

Get Inside With a Footballguys Subscription - The Audible - Footballguys Podcast

#3 valhallan

valhallan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,953 posts
  • Joined 25-August 04

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

Gotcha. I understand that it's too late now; I just wondered why it had been on the to-do list but never happened. Thanks for the inside story. I hope it gets some priority next off-season, as I'm sure there are many more FBGs like me that spend more time on the go than at home and would like to participate in the discussion.

#4 SofaKings

SofaKings

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,557 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

Any update?

Please support Parkinson's research
College of Disney Knowledge Ph.D

#5 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,223 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

The next upgrade window for the board will begin after the NFL playoffs.

If God were to come down right now: "Terry, what can I do for ya?" Send me ... Put me back in one Super Bowl, and put me on the one-foot line, and give me two minutes to go and give me all three of my timeouts and give me my boys. And let me hear my name over the loudspeaker -- let me hear the roar of the crowd -- "BRAD-shaw! BRAD-shaw!" -- let me have 'em booing on one side. Let me get in and call plays -- see their eyes grow as I call these plays -- and talk to 'em. Let me feel the hair on my back crawl up -- I mean, that's what the Super Bowl does to ya. I mean, it's ... I mean, it's doing it right now to me. I mean, I can go out right now and play -- I know I can play two minutes.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

Get Inside With a Footballguys Subscription - The Audible - Footballguys Podcast

#6 DigiVoX

DigiVoX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

Sweet! I too am looking forward to the upgrade!

#7 DigiVoX

DigiVoX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:47 AM

Bump.

Sweet! I too am looking forward to the upgrade!

#8 RageRhino

RageRhino

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Joined 20-May 03
  • Interests:5.3% or so.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Any update on this?
-the former SargentSlim-

#9 Ned

Ned

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,164 posts
  • Joined 20-March 06
  • Interests:fantasy football dominatrix

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Any update on this?

:crickets: I'm new to Tapatalk, and it is fantastic. Why this is still ignored here is beyond me.

#10 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,299 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Any update on this?

:crickets: I'm new to Tapatalk, and it is fantastic. Why this is still ignored here is beyond me.

Now that I'm using iOS & android I would love to be able to use tapatlk here.

#11 Fallerjw

Fallerjw

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,195 posts
  • Joined 31-July 03

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Any update on this?

Now that I'm using iOS & android I would love to be able to use tapatlk here.

:goodposting: it is time to get this working
The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit. — Milton Friedman

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. — Milton Friedman

#12 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,299 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

FBG is getting to the point of being almost painful on mobile safari :sadbanana:

#13 DigiVoX

DigiVoX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Memphis Foundry, correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears Tapatalk installation on an IP.Board 3 forum, such as Footballguys's, would take no more than 1 hour to complete. Instructions I'm referencing are here: http://www.tapatalk....te_tapatalk.php Would you be willing to complete installation soon? The latest version of the Tapatalk app (v2) is awesome and is greatly superior to the forum's basic mobile skin. I'd imagine you're going to have to do it at some point... why not now?

#14 DigiVoX

DigiVoX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Memphis Foundry, Can we get some type of update? It would be much appreciated.

#15 DigiVoX

DigiVoX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Another month has passed, still no response from Memphis Foundry...

#16 RGIII HTTR

RGIII HTTR

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 634 posts
  • Joined 05-April 12

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

FBG is getting to the point of being almost painful on mobile safari :sadbanana:

Yep, basically I only access these forums by PC now. That would EASILY change with tapatalk!!!!

Most train to compete...The Greats train to conquer...I plan to conquer #determined

For those that are clueless...HTTR = Hail To The Redskins

#17 Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,691 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

i heard bruce was holding out for a long term deal...
"And freedom yells, it don't cry, whatever sells will decide, but there's no hell, when you die, so don't look so worried" Conner Oberst aka 'Bright Eyes' 'Light Pollution'

Matthias' "I also think that the whole, "hate the sin, love the sinner" is pretty condascending. If I told people who believe in religion, that hey, I hate the idiocy, but I love the idiots, they'd think I was a righteous doosh."
'TexanFan02 "Disclaimer: I am not defending or agreeing with Hipple in any way, shape or form. I agree that his posts are largely unreadable and his advice is suspect on any subject."
Jobber "I don't care what anyone says, the above is true and correct. There is no arguing. If you think differently you're a #######"
commisholio "Hippling is when you come into a thread that's been going for a while and start responding to posts early in the thread, typically serially. A good Hippling™ will typically involve 5-7 posts in a row, all responding to things that have been discussed and from which everyone has moved on. Hipple is the master of the craft, Krista4 has also benn known to engage in a good Hippling™."

#18 RageRhino

RageRhino

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Joined 20-May 03
  • Interests:5.3% or so.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

WtF does FBG not have tapatalk yet? It seriously takes 10 minutes to install. I've installed it on my own forums. If you aren't going to do it, just tell us. But you all are missing out on a LOT of mobile traffic. The whole website SUCKS on mobile.
-the former SargentSlim-

#19 eNdblu

eNdblu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 339 posts
  • Joined 14-November 11

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Bumping this thread to see about getting Tapatalk integrated into the FBG forums

#20 Bags519

Bags519

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Bump from another mobile user

#21 Tiger Fan

Tiger Fan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,033 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

agreed

My current offerings/needs in FFA Swap Shop - here

#22 iix

iix

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 31-July 05

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's amazing this request was made over two years ago. A league member asked me to install it on our SMF board this summer. It has been awesome and has made our league much more enjoyable. I search periodically for Footballguys in the Tapatalk app to find nothing. It was a completely painless install for me. I don't see why FBG would be dragging their feet for two years on this. There's no downside to it at all.

#23 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,299 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

It's amazing this request was made over two years ago. A league member asked me to install it on our SMF board this summer. It has been awesome and has made our league much more enjoyable. I search periodically for Footballguys in the Tapatalk app to find nothing. It was a completely painless install for me. I don't see why FBG would be dragging their feet for two years on this. There's no downside to it at all.

1st bump for 2013

#24 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,223 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

1st bump for 2013

I'll look into it after doing the first board upgrade this offseason.The install is painless, but I have several concerns with running it -- the biggest is that I've seen it cause performance issues on busy Invision Boards. We don't currently have any third-party plugins on the boards because they generally don't scale very well for large databases or extremely high post volumes.The other issue I have with the software is the annoying popup you get when visiting the mobile version of a Tapatalk-enabled forum and the popover Javascript you get on a regular browser. The popup is supposed to be removable, which would definitely weigh in its favor if true.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

#25 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,299 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

1st bump for 2013

I'll look into it after doing the first board upgrade this offseason.The install is painless, but I have several concerns with running it -- the biggest is that I've seen it cause performance issues on busy Invision Boards. We don't currently have any third-party plugins on the boards because they generally don't scale very well for large databases or extremely high post volumes.The other issue I have with the software is the annoying popup you get when visiting the mobile version of a Tapatalk-enabled forum and the popover Javascript you get on a regular browser. The popup is supposed to be removable, which would definitely weigh in its favor if true.

Thanks for a response Memphis. From the user end I've found tapatalk to be a useful app but I wasn't aware of the performance issue problems so I can definitely see your concern there . I agree the mobile popup is a PIA but never encountered the javascript popover , another nuisance .

#26 eNdblu

eNdblu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 339 posts
  • Joined 14-November 11

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Thought I'd give this a bump now that the boards have been upgraded.

#27 DigiVoX

DigiVoX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

1st bump for 2013

I'll look into it after doing the first board upgrade this offseason.

The install is painless, but I have several concerns with running it -- the biggest is that I've seen it cause performance issues on busy Invision Boards. We don't currently have any third-party plugins on the boards because they generally don't scale very well for large databases or extremely high post volumes.

The other issue I have with the software is the annoying popup you get when visiting the mobile version of a Tapatalk-enabled forum and the popover Javascript you get on a regular browser. The popup is supposed to be removable, which would definitely weigh in its favor if true.

I can understand your caution, but there are larger/busier Invision Boards which ARE Tapatalk enabled. According to big-boards.com...

FBG has a total of 8,441,200 post.

The forum S2KI has a total of 19,094,932 posts --> [color=#ff0000;]10.7 MILLION more posts than FBG[/color]

The forum Runescape Community has a total of 12,015,943 posts --> [color=#ff0000;]3.6 MILLION more posts than FBG[/color]

FBG has been missing the boat the past 2.5 YEARS since this topic was created. The cumulative shipment of Android devices is projected to DOUBLE within the next 3 years for a cumulative shipment of 3 BILLION devices since 2007 (source).

Now, should 0.0001 of those 3,000,000,000 devices be assessing FBG forums, that's 300,000 devices. Put into perspective, according to big-boards.com, there are currently 37,000 FBG forum members.

Now, 300k devices is on the high side, but I'm simply making the point of how prevalent Android devices are and will continue to be in the market place.

Please, take the time to get Tapatalk figured out!

Edited by DigiVoX, 01 April 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#28 Joe Bryant

Joe Bryant

Footballguy

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 35,406 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

1st bump for 2013

I'll look into it after doing the first board upgrade this offseason.

The install is painless, but I have several concerns with running it -- the biggest is that I've seen it cause performance issues on busy Invision Boards. We don't currently have any third-party plugins on the boards because they generally don't scale very well for large databases or extremely high post volumes.

The other issue I have with the software is the annoying popup you get when visiting the mobile version of a Tapatalk-enabled forum and the popover Javascript you get on a regular browser. The popup is supposed to be removable, which would definitely weigh in its favor if true.

I can understand your caution, but there are larger/busier Invision Boards which ARE Tapatalk enabled. According to big-boards.com...

FBG has a total of 8,441,200 post.

The forum S2KI has a total of 19,094,932 posts --> [color=#ff0000;]10.7 MILLION more posts than FBG[/color]

The forum Runescape Community has a total of 12,015,943 posts --> [color=#ff0000;]3.6 MILLION more posts than FBG[/color]

FBG has been missing the boat the past 2.5 YEARS since this topic was created. The cumulative shipment of Android devices is projected to DOUBLE within the next 3 years for a cumulative shipment of 3 BILLION devices since 2007 (source).

Now, should 0.0001 of those 3,000,000,000 devices be assessing FBG forums, that's 300,000 devices. Put into perspective, according to big-boards.com, there are currently 37,000 FBG forum members.

Now, 300k devices is on the high side, but I'm simply making the point of how prevalent Android devices are and will continue to be in the market place.

Please, take the time to get Tapatalk figured out!

We'll certainly continue to look at this. To be totally honest, there are other things that are taking priority over it right now. I know that's not what folks like to hear but I have to be honest with you. Memphis Foundry is my guide on this and up to now, he's not been comfortable. If he's not comfortable, it doesn't happen.

I do realize it's a value though and we will look at it with the new board upgrade. Thanks.

J

Joe Bryant
Owner - www.Footballguys.com
Why Subscribe to Footballguys? Please Click Here

For Footballguys info on Facebook, Please Click Here

#29 Bags519

Bags519

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Bump for another time.. Mobile is the future, the FBG android app is blah.. Tap A Talk is the only way get to my forums. The only reason I am here this evening is I renewed my subscription to FBG.. So I ask to revisit again.... 

#30 NateDawg

NateDawg

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 26-June 06

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Count me as another user that wants this functionality.

#31 jackdubl

jackdubl

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Joined 11-October 08

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

+1 for Tapatalk, or anything to improve scrolling within threads.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

#32 Monsters of the Midway

Monsters of the Midway

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 358 posts
  • Joined 10-July 07

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

Add me to the list of those clamoring for this

Formerly SexyRexy
Unless otherwise noted, my comments are based on 12 team non-PPR redraft leagues, no IDP with huge rosters (25+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users