1834 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:FF, Running, family, The Buckeyes!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

So I only recently got into the whole firearms thing, which is surprising given my father was a staff sgt on Parris Island. I inherited his collection, which included a few handguns and rifles, including a mint M1 Garand.

Earlier this year, I decided to jump in with a lot of my friends and grabbed an AR15, and quickly outfitted it with a quad rail, foregrip, M4 RDS and 3X magnifier. Awesome.

A month or 2 later, it seems I just had to have a handgun. After extensive research and looking around, I ended up grabbing a Walther P99 .40. That is a lot of fun and I keep it bedside now in a safe as personal defense and am trying to shoot it as much as possible to become as proficient as I can. I sold one of the rifles I inherited that I would have never used and pretty much converted it straight across.

So now I see all these prices for 9mm plummeting, and I say to myself, Wouldn't it be cool to get a 9mm as well for shooting? Of course it would! :excited:

So I sell the .38 special revolver I already had and then turn those funds into an FNP-9 which I get from a private seller for about $100 under internet prices. :bag:

While I am selling guns to get guns, I somehow get the feeling that at some point, I might eventually have a net positive firearms count in my home. :bag:

Is this normal? It is just so fun to take some guns out and fire away with some friends.

FWIW I bought 200 rounds of M1 food recently and am also very excited to try that bad boy out. . . :pickle:

Edited by Mad Cow, 02 May 2011 - 06:58 PM.

Want Sunglasses? Get the FBG Discount here

Now carrying Smith Sunglasses, along with Maui Jim and others.

Ohio State is the best team in the country.

Yes, I do play with Barbies

#2 McJose

McJose

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,526 posts
  • Joined 25-March 08
  • Interests:NEXT QUESTION

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

You never know when "they" are going to come over that hill.

I firmly believe I could post an incredibly comical yet insightful dissertation...

#3 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64,564 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

:excited: I'll be over when "they" come.

E il mio non le dice niente?

I think i get along with most people but I hate petulants.

I'm MOP

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#4 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

I can't even imagine how nice of a high-end gaming rig I could have purchased or upgraded with the :bag: I have spent on the guns and ammo, and yet somehow, I don't care. . . :nerd: :bag:

#5 Elbow Truck Driver

Elbow Truck Driver

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

Is this normal? It is just so fun to take some guns out and fire away with some friends.

Explain this to somebody that's never fired a gun before. You guys just sit around shooting at targets? Is there like some sort of competition? How long does this go on for?

#6 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

Explain this to somebody that's never fired a gun before. You guys just sit around shooting at targets? Is there like some sort of competition? How long does this go on for?

Well, we generally get 3-8 guys up to the foothills of the nearby mountain. We all have AR15's and multiple handguns. We set out a number of targets and shoot out own/try each other's firearms. Generally we are there for maybe 2 hours. Where we go is maybe 5 minutes up a gravel road from our subdivision, so it is easy to throw together an "outing".

If you have never done it before, it is hard to describe. There is just SOMETHING awesome about firing a few mags out of an AR15. :excited:

Take home message to all of this is, of course, if you are gonna home invade at Mad Cow's, you better be wearing body armor. Of course, after I knock you on your butt with my .40 I am going for my AR which will rip on through it anyway, so just go ahead and keep your distance. ;)

#7 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

Ever played golf? It's sorta like that. Except with gunpowder.

|OO===|==|===V===|==|===OO|

Van Halen sounds better in the summer.
Summer sounds better with Van Halen.

Van Halen is summer's house band.

#8 Elbow Truck Driver

Elbow Truck Driver

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

:excited: I don't get it.

#9 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

That would make golf a lot more interesting to watch.
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#10 jonessed

jonessed

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,399 posts
  • Joined 25-October 04

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

I don't own a gun, but I do go shooting at least a few times a year near Tahoe and occasionally trap/skeet. I love it. Time (kids) and money (bullets) prevent me from going more often, but I definitely would if I could.

But to me security is primary, and has to come before all freedoms.

I don't think I have worked more than 45 hours in a week ever. And most of the time it is a 37 hour week.

I have been saying for some time there was no nuclear weapon program in Iran. How did I know this? Do I have a crystal ball? Do I get insider info from the CIA? No I actually look at what is happening and what people in the know are saying. It's really easy with this new fangled innerwebs thingy. I do the google.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

#11 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

:excited: I don't get it.

Never been to a driving range either, eh?

#12 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

They should do something like that. -1 stroke if you hit the fat lady in the sundress.

#13 K8!

K8!

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

Glock not only makes a wonderfully reliable handgun, they make conversion kits so that you can turn your .40 into a .22. This makes plinking very affordable and it does provide some utility in use as a tool.

#14 mr. furley

mr. furley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53,505 posts
  • Joined 22-February 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

Take home message to all of this is, of course, if you are gonna home invade at Mad Cow's, you better be wearing body armor. Of course, after I knock you on your butt with my .40 I am going for my AR which will rip on through it anyway, so just go ahead and keep your distance. :rolleyes:

this is after you wake up, find the safe, open it and sight the target, right?

#15 mr. furley

mr. furley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53,505 posts
  • Joined 22-February 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

that said.. i've been considering getting one for target shooting :rolleyes:

#16 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

Take home message to all of this is, of course, if you are gonna home invade at Mad Cow's, you better be wearing body armor. Of course, after I knock you on your butt with my .40 I am going for my AR which will rip on through it anyway, so just go ahead and keep your distance. :mellow:

:rolleyes: The best thing for home defense is the sound of a pump shotgun. That and a big german shepherd.

#17 Elbow Truck Driver

Elbow Truck Driver

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 02-June 06

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

I'm not much of a golf guy either, but I don't want to hijack here.

#18 Schlzm

Schlzm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Joined 12-August 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

You know that thing you really enjoy doing? It's similar to that. Schlzm I'm on a horse.
lolPrograms

Interesting, when I see your name, I think "jism", but hey thats probably just me... :bag:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUESTION: Are you aware of the nifty signature feature on this board?

#19 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

You know that thing you really enjoy doing? It's similar to that. Schlzm I'm on a horse.

:hophead:

#20 mr. furley

mr. furley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53,505 posts
  • Joined 22-February 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

:hophead:

:lmao: :bag: :lmao:

#21 ichris

ichris

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 895 posts
  • Joined 28-December 07

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hah, I discovered the same thing, buying guns and shooting them is addictive. I've mostly stuck to handguns, but I'm planning on bringing an AR-15 into my life in the next few months. Have you ever looked at a 1911? .45 ACPs make 9mm bullets seem tiny.

#22 Nightly Mistake

Nightly Mistake

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Only if Cigar Guy is there.
League Champion of the Champion of Champions League 6 years running (since inception):

QB: Peyton; Brees; Rodgers; Rivers
RB: ADP; CJ; MJD; Gore; Arian; Forte; Best
TE: Finley; Witten; Gates; Cooley
WR: AJ; R. Moss; M. Austin; Marshall; D. Jackson; Collie; Nicks; Lloyd
PK: Folk; Bryant
DEF: Pittsburgh; San Diego; Arizona

You lose.

#23 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Take home message to all of this is, of course, if you are gonna home invade at Mad Cow's, you better be wearing body armor. Of course, after I knock you on your butt with my .40 I am going for my AR which will rip on through it anyway, so just go ahead and keep your distance. :bag:

:fishing: The best thing for home defense is the sound of a pump shotgun. That and a big german shepherd.

I won't dispute either of those. I will say I have my pistol at bedside, and it is one of those electronic safes that you open with a 4-digit combination. I would have it out in about 3 seconds, and it is already loaded with an additional loaded mag right there with it. Push comes to shove, I have my entire family upstairs in our home. I hear anything downstairs, I set up camp at the top of the stairs and let nothing make it to the top. Sure, it will likely never happen, but it is nice to have there, if for no other reason that to take it out and shoot with some good friends.

Edited by Mad Cow, 05 October 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#24 Nightly Mistake

Nightly Mistake

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10

I shot your boyfriend that thing you like.
League Champion of the Champion of Champions League 6 years running (since inception):

QB: Peyton; Brees; Rodgers; Rivers
RB: ADP; CJ; MJD; Gore; Arian; Forte; Best
TE: Finley; Witten; Gates; Cooley
WR: AJ; R. Moss; M. Austin; Marshall; D. Jackson; Collie; Nicks; Lloyd
PK: Folk; Bryant
DEF: Pittsburgh; San Diego; Arizona

You lose.

#25 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

I won't dispute either of those. I will say I have my pistol at bedside, and it is one of those electronic safes that you open with a 4-digit combination. I would have it out in about 3 seconds, and it is already loaded with a loaded mag right there with it. Push comes to shove, I have my entire family upstairs in our home. I hear anything downstairs, I set up camp at the top of the stairs and let nothing make it to the top. Sure, it will likely never happen, but it is nice to have there, if for no other reason that to take it out and shoot with some good friends.

That works. Of course, I'm the guy that thinks it should be mandatory to own a gun... :fishing:

#26 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hah, I discovered the same thing, buying guns and shooting them is addictive. I've mostly stuck to handguns, but I'm planning on bringing an AR-15 into my life in the next few months. Have you ever looked at a 1911? .45 ACPs make 9mm bullets seem tiny.

I have no doubt. The .40 makes a 9mm look small, as well. There are a number of 1911 manufacturers that are making affordable 1911's, in the $400-600 range, including one by Magnum Research (makers of the Desert Eagle). At some point, one might make its way to my home, but not today. . . I look forward to hearing about your AR. I got mine barely used (Rock River Arms Entry Tactical) and it has been so fun to shoot. The fact that that weapon is so reliable and can be so accurate for such great distances is amazing. I have a friend that has spent 2 tours in Afghanistan in special forces, and while he doesn't go into too many specifics, when he learned about my AR acquisition, he sat down and talked about how much he loved that rifle. He told me that while they were given all the greatest optics in his position, he had a couple of instances where he had to take down a couple of live targets with iron sights from 400 yards. :thumbup: I don't even question him either. If he was a 25 yr old, I might say he was being brash, but this is the most humble, unassuming 45 yr old I have ever met. I would have assumed he was a librarian if I didn't know what he really did.

#27 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

I won't dispute either of those. I will say I have my pistol at bedside, and it is one of those electronic safes that you open with a 4-digit combination. I would have it out in about 3 seconds, and it is already loaded with a loaded mag right there with it. Push comes to shove, I have my entire family upstairs in our home. I hear anything downstairs, I set up camp at the top of the stairs and let nothing make it to the top. Sure, it will likely never happen, but it is nice to have there, if for no other reason that to take it out and shoot with some good friends.

That works. Of course, I'm the guy that thinks it should be mandatory to own a gun... :shrug:

Well :thumbup: to you then, my friend. :)

#28 Exit 1

Exit 1

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,079 posts
  • Joined 03-April 08

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

You could say the same thing about masturbation.
The demographics of this place don't match up with me. I'm not some guy who married my high school sweetheart. I don't have a boring job with benefits that puts food on the table for my family. I didn't buy a house is some #### hole suburb where my neighbors house is 3 feet from mine. I'm 35 and I look like I'm 25. I'm still in shape, I have a full head of hair unlike most of you. I'm not fat. I don't eat buffalo wings twice a week. I don't own a pair of Zubas. I can and do score chicks that most of you would not have any chance of sleeping with....ever. This isn't shtick. It's my life. It's funny but at the height of my drug use I had beautiful women giving my their numbers. I was asked out constantly. And then most of you get to go home to your wives who havent slept with you in months. She's overweight and unhappy. She complains constantly and you secretly despise her. But you stay and let her boss you around. You're miserable but you're doing it for the children.

#29 Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70,624 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Not quite as fun going to the masturbation range. :no:

#30 Schlzm

Schlzm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Joined 12-August 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

It doesn't matter if you have a .22 plinker, .380ppk, 12ga combat, or a man-portable protein cannon. Squeezing off a few rounds is always excellent stress relief. Schlzm
lolPrograms

Interesting, when I see your name, I think "jism", but hey thats probably just me... :bag:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#31 Schlzm

Schlzm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Joined 12-August 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

Not quite as fun going to the masturbation range. :lmao:

:no: :X :lmao: :X :lmao:
lolPrograms

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#32 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,481 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

That works. Of course, I'm the guy that thinks it should be mandatory to own a gun... :kicksrock:

Andy pushing for bigger gov't. ;)

#33 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

I do know what I would like my next gun purchase to be. . .

H&K SL8 converted to G36 :popcorn:

#34 WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

Glock not only makes a wonderfully reliable handgun, they make conversion kits so that you can turn your .40 into a .22. This makes plinking very affordable and it does provide some utility in use as a tool.

I have been interested in a Glock 17 for quite a while now. Seems pretty reliable and very easy to maintain. I was wondering what the boards opinion was of this weapon? Seems to be quite a few 9mm choices in the $450 to $550 range.

------------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#35 coyote5

coyote5

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,180 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

:blackdot:

#36 kentric

kentric

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,058 posts
  • Joined 17-September 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

I still have a box of 2160 rounds of 7.62 x 39 mm bullets I bought ca. 15 years ago for my SKS. Anyone know how long that will stay?

#37 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

I have been interested in a Glock 17 for quite a while now. Seems pretty reliable and very easy to maintain. I was wondering what the boards opinion was of this weapon? Seems to be quite a few 9mm choices in the $450 to $550 range.

Choosing a handgun really depends so much on why you want one and your budget, let alone how they feel in your hands. What is the purpose of the pistol and your budget?

#38 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

I still have a box of 2160 rounds of 7.62 x 39 mm bullets I bought ca. 15 years ago for my SKS. Anyone know how long that will stay?

I don't know, I see craploads of people trying to offload their AK food here in Utah on the local classifieds. AK's were pretty darn popular for so long, but AR and .223 prices have come down to the point where it makes more sense to use the more accurate and incredibly fun to mod gun.

#39 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

I see you in here S.K.A. Let's hear your collection. :lmao:

#40 WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,554 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

Choosing a handgun really depends so much on why you want one and your budget, let alone how they feel in your hands. What is the purpose of the pistol and your budget?

Honestly, mostly just for fun, nothing serious. I don't live in an area where personal protection is a concern. I have free access to a pretty nice (outdoor) range. That $550 number would be the upper end of my budget.

------------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#41 pigskinliquors

pigskinliquors

Dr. Parrothead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,278 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

I have quite a few neighbors who are great friends who have extensive gun collections. We shoot them approx. every two weeks and have a blast. First time they asked me to go with them, I thought WTF, but have learned it's a great stress release. I'm also looking for my first handgun, so all advice given here will be appreciated. I'll want it somewhat for protection (I'll take my CHL with it), but mostly for shooting rounds on weekends. From what I've shot, I so far prefer the .40 Standard (full) Glock. I like the idea of the compact and don't have overly large hands, but don't shoot as well with them.
We are the people, they couldn’t figure out
We are the people, our parents warned us about
~Jimmy Buffett

Pipa Alba Gulbis Kate Jennifer Lisa

#42 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Honestly, mostly just for fun, nothing serious. I don't live in an area where personal protection is a concern. I have free access to a pretty nice (outdoor) range. That $550 number would be the upper end of my budget.

I have quite a few neighbors who are great friends who have extensive gun collections. We shoot them approx. every two weeks and have a blast. First time they asked me to go with them, I thought WTF, but have learned it's a great stress release. I'm also looking for my first handgun, so all advice given here will be appreciated. I'll want it somewhat for protection (I'll take my CHL with it), but mostly for shooting rounds on weekends. From what I've shot, I so far prefer the .40 Standard (full) Glock. I like the idea of the compact and don't have overly large hands, but don't shoot as well with them.

I am far from an expert, but I am learning in a hurry. The big thing for me was finding a handgun that felt comfortable to hold. I tried a bunch, and I gotta say, that Walther P99 felt amazing in the hands. Don't even mention the fact that you are shooting James Freaking Bond's gun from the last few movies, it feels so very comfortable. I got the .40 version and the recoil was surprisingly low. Sure, it is a little more than a friend's Glock 9mm, but not bad, and while you get lower mag capacity in .40 vs 9mm (generally 10-12 vs 15-17) there is a lot more stopping power. I would say if you want it for fun, to shoot and are not too concerned about stopping power or maybe an occasional jab from a buddy using a .40 or .45, then 9mm is the way to go. Ammo is cheap and the gun is still great. If you do want the stopping power, or to feel it a bit more, .40 is great, and it's not like ammo is that much more (generally you can get 9mm for about 20 cents a round. I have gotten .40 for about 25 cents a round brass). As for a good budget 9mm, then a few to look at are the FNP-9 and the Beretta Px4 Storm. I would have gotten the Px4 is I had not gotten such an amazing steal on the FNP-9. The Px4 feels good, controls recoil very well and just looks cool. The FNP-9 is American made, comes with 3 mags (a big plus) and is supposed to be both amazingly accurate and have one of the best triggers out there (another wonderful thing about the P99 if you get the AS version vs QA is that trigger is so smooth). There are a few words from a learning enthusiast. ;)

Edited by Mad Cow, 05 October 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#43 Leviathan

Leviathan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined 16-August 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

I amassed an arsenal during the Clinton Administration, now I'm thinking about downsizing. I have too many handguns that just sit around and collect dust. I do love my ARs, though. I've got a full size H-BAR and a carbine with a free-floating barrel. Quite the tack driver, if I do say so myself. That being said, if the excrement ever hit the fan and we were in some sort of a quasi Red Dawn situation, I'd sell my soul for an AK-47.

#44 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

I amassed an arsenal during the Clinton Administration, now I'm thinking about downsizing. I have too many handguns that just sit around and collect dust. I do love my ARs, though. I've got a full size H-BAR and a carbine with a free-floating barrel. Quite the tack driver, if I do say so myself. That being said, if the excrement ever hit the fan and we were in some sort of a quasi Red Dawn situation, I'd sell my soul for an AK-47.

They are so flipping cheap why not sell a handgun and grab one? You can get an AK for $400-500 easily.

#45 Tecumseh

Tecumseh

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,649 posts
  • Joined 08-August 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

:excited:

:pickle:

It was only a matter of time until this thread turned into a discussion about Wilford Brimley's oaty penis

Presenting a more civil attitude since 2010.

#46 Leviathan

Leviathan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined 16-August 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:47 PM

They are so flipping cheap why not sell a handgun and grab one? You can get an AK for $400-500 easily.

Unless you already owned one and were grandfathered in, they are no longer legal in my state. Damn hippies!

#47 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,269 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Must be nice not living in a communist city. :coffee:

#48 Mad Cow

Mad Cow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,098 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Unless you already owned one and were grandfathered in, they are no longer legal in my state. Damn hippies!

CA?

Must be nice not living in a communist city. :coffee:

I have to think that next to Texas, Utah has the highest percent of carrying citizens in the US. I am pretty close to getting my CCW permit because all my buddies that I shoot with do, as well.

#49 Leviathan

Leviathan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined 16-August 03

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

CA?

:jawdrop: However, I do live in rural CA, where the Sheriff hands out CCWs like candy.

#50 The Z Machine

The Z Machine

Freak-A-Zoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,756 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:????

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

I am pretty close to getting my CCW permit because all my buddies that I shoot with do, as well.

Why?
BOYCOTT WORLD CUP 2022

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users