What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Jon Kitna now for this week (1 Viewer)

Sweetness_34

Footballguy
If you have bye week/injury issues, get Jon Kitna. He had 187 yards and 2 TDs today without much 1st team reps. Now he gets the Jax pass D at home. Absolutely a must start if you can get him. Thank me later :mellow:

What about Fitzpatrick? Many Romo owners should be targeting him as well, he has been consistent the past four weeks and faces KC next week.

Targeting Stafford, Kitna and Fitzpatrick in that order to fill in for Romo the rest of the season. Not just for one week. We dont have the luxury of picking up one week plays in our league because of all the injuries to players. I will be competing against the Favre owner this week for the pickings. I do think that Kitna will do much better with some rust off but nothing like I had with Romo. I would never say Kitna was a must start either, He just beats alot of other scrub QB's.

Trying to cover my bye week for Ryan and I'm aiming for them in this order:

1-Kitna

2-Fitzpatrick

3-Stafford

4-Freeman

5-Tavaris

I like Kitna's upside and he was pretty fantasy relevant back when the Kitties were horrible. I can only see him doing well w/ receivers like Austin, Bryant, and Roy.

Felix and MB3 are just going to have to really step it up to balance out the game and give Kitna some openings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for stating the obvious.
Is it obvious?Why even have a shark pool if we can't have "obvious" conversations about good waiver pickups?
I agree that it is a good pickup for those who are in need of a QB. However, this isn't a spot start. Kitna can lead the Cowboys and probably do it very effectively. You can probably expect about 250 yards and 2 scores just about every week. The Cowboys at 1-5 will be scratching and clawing just to make the playoffs. Kitna will not hurt this offense. I was just assuming that everyone who lost Romo would be looking to add Kitna ASAP. The only other option that could probably come close would be Stafford after his bye week. Top 10 QB lost for close to the rest of the season + offense with all world talent. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I'm not sold on Kitna as a viable starter. The Cowboys line isn't good and he isn't that moble. I just lost Romo and eyeballing the following guys on the WW:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Matt Moore

Matt Stafford

Jon Kitna

Travarious Jackson (sp?)

I have Vick coming back in a week and hoping I just need a one week spot starter. Way I see these guys:

1. The best matchup for these guys this week has to be Kitna playing at home against Jacksonville however how he does against a hungry Jaguars team is completely unknown. I also have serious concerns about his health and ability to throw the ball. Last nights stats aren't an indication to me of what to expect since the Giants were coasting at the end of the game and Dallas hasn't held down home field all year. I also suspect that the team won't rally around Kitna like they would someone else.

2. Matt Moore is playing against the Rams and looked great last week. If they do truely have a bonifide WR2 to take pressure off Steve Smith he could have a great rest of the year. After the Rams he's got New Orleans and Tampa on the schedule. However one game is just one game so my expectations are tampered.

3. Stafford is the most talented of the group. However he's got the Redskins Defense coming to town and he's been hurt the last two seasons. The Skins already knocked out a coupld of QB's and it wouldn't surprise me if they did it again this week

4. TJ is the most interesting guy of the group to me. He could be counted on to run the ball as well as throw it to those weapons. He does give the Vikings more then the 2010 version of Farve and they are playing in New England this week. NE is just as bad against the pass as Jacksonville is but I doubt Childress has the balls to sit Farve and I doubt Farve does the unselfish thing and sits himself.

5. Fitzpatrick has a brutal schedule coming up. Otherwise I'd think he was the play here long term. He has been great lately

I think I am going to go with Moore from this group based on schedule but if TJ is named the starter I'd be willing to make a change. Really hope that Sigmund speaks about this in this weeks roundtable and offers his opinion on what to do

I'm not sold on Kitna as a viable starter. The Cowboys line isn't good and he isn't that moble. I just lost Romo and eyeballing the following guys on the WW:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Matt Moore

Matt Stafford

Jon Kitna

Travarious Jackson (sp?)

I have Vick coming back in a week and hoping I just need a one week spot starter. Way I see these guys:

1. Kitna playing at home against Jacksonville however how he does against a hungry Jaguars team is completely unknown.
The Jaguars looks like they have quit and they have one of the worst defenses I have ever seen.That combination doesn't come anywhere close to being hungry.

In my league here are the top 10 FA QB performances from last week:

1. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF

2. Campbell, Jason OAK

3. Collins, Kerry TEN

4. Moore, Matt CAR

5. Cassel, Matt KCC

6. Freeman, Josh TBB

7. Kitna, Jon DAL

8. Bouman, Todd JAC

9. Hasselbeck, Matt SEA

10. Kolb, Kevin PHI

Of these Moore and Campbell look the most legitimate. I realize Carolina was playing the Niners, but Carolina was coming off of a BYE and the announcers made a point that Moore had spent the off time figuring out what he had been doing wrong. I think he may be a decent play as a Romo fill-in. Next 5 weeks are @ STL, NO, @ TB, BAL, @ CLE

Really funny that no one at all seems to be mentioning Moore in these conversations. Smaller sample size than Fitz but I'd probably take him over Kitna the rest of the way. If I miss out on Vick (basically assured) and Fitz (likely) I'll be happy to drop Bradford for Moore. He looked fantastic in that game from what I saw.

As a Cowboys fan, I wouldn't say this is obvious.

If any team is capable of completely rolling over and playing dead, it is this squad, as they've shown way too often. The offensive line is a joke, and therefore, Kitna is a sitting duck more so than Romo was (because of Romo's mobility)...... Kitna is far from a sure thing. He looks promising, but in the end, it could easily blow up, especially for anyone looking beyond just this week.

What about Fitzpatrick? Many Romo owners should be targeting him as well, he has been consistent the past four weeks and faces KC next week.
KC is not that bad a defense.
25th in passing yards per game is not that good
That's usually how it works when you have a top 10 run defense. Teams have to pass to have any success thereby making your ranking look worse than the product on the field. It's pretty rare that a top 10-15 run defense is also in the top 10-15 in pass defense.

The Giants defense relaxed and let up, so don't get too excited about what Kitna did. Game reminded me of a playoff game with the 49ers, Giants had 38 points and ended up losing. That game Strahan admitted that the defense let up in that game, the Giants players thought there was no way they'd lose.

Looked to me like the Giants line was getting to Kitna pretty well, didn't look like they gave up completely to me. Strahan admitting the defense he played on years ago gave up is irrelevant.

Looked to me like the Giants line was getting to Kitna pretty well, didn't look like they gave up completely to me. Strahan admitting the defense he played on years ago gave up is irrelevant.
The relevance of the Strahan thing, is to show that sometimes with a lead, players will relax. The secondary started allowing the shorter stuff and the defense had trouble clamping down when the Cowboys got the score close again.

Really funny that no one at all seems to be mentioning Moore in these conversations. Smaller sample size than Fitz but I'd probably take him over Kitna the rest of the way. If I miss out on Vick (basically assured) and Fitz (likely) I'll be happy to drop Bradford for Moore. He looked fantastic in that game from what I saw.
Well several people mentioned him above your post, guess you weren't reading through it. And why are we all supposed to jump on the Moore bandwagon? Because of one game vs the 49ers? Or his 57 QB rating this year?

KC is not that bad a defense.
25th in passing yards per game is not that good
Fitzpatrick also put up decent stats against NYJ and BAL, no reason to think he can't against KC.
:lmao: ........He has become VERY reliable, also making Evans/S Johnson relevant.

In my league here are the top 10 FA QB performances from last week:1. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF 2. Campbell, Jason OAK 3. Collins, Kerry TEN 4. Moore, Matt CAR 5. Cassel, Matt KCC 6. Freeman, Josh TBB 7. Kitna, Jon DAL 8. Bouman, Todd JAC 9. Hasselbeck, Matt SEA 10. Kolb, Kevin PHIOf these Moore and Campbell look the most legitimate. I realize Carolina was playing the Niners, but Carolina was coming off of a BYE and the announcers made a point that Moore had spent the off time figuring out what he had been doing wrong. I think he may be a decent play as a Romo fill-in. Next 5 weeks are @ STL, NO, @ TB, BAL, @ CLE
Campbell won't have a job when Gradkowski comes back. There are guys with more upside week to week but if you want 15- 20 guaranteed points, go with Freeman - it's automatic.

If you have bye week/injury issues, get Jon Kitna. He had 187 yards and 2 TDs today without much 1st team reps. Now he gets the Jax pass D at home. Absolutely a must start if you can get him. Thank me later :lmao:
J. Kitna isn't a must start against anybody. If you saw him play, he looked God awful. When the Giants finally let up, he was allowed to throw to Witten some and Dez Bryant. The 187 and 2 Td's means absolutely nothing to me, as I saw what he looked like.Now, will he improve a little due to now getting to practice a short week with the 1's? Sure, that'll help shake some of the rest off and get some timing with the guys.Will playing Jax be easier than playing the Giants D in quarters 2, 3 and half of 4? Yes, Jax is not a very good defense and most teams get a lot of yards agains them.I expect Kitna to be serviceable due to the matchup. Do not expect something like 300 and 3 Td's and a top 5 QB for the week, he's just not that good. That and I don't see Garrett play calling it like that. He'll play this conservatively, some screens to Felix, dumps to Witten, some aggresive mid range throws to Dez or Miles which will all add up to a decent but not spectacular fantasy day.

MarcO said:
In my league here are the top 10 FA QB performances from last week:1. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF 2. Campbell, Jason OAK 3. Collins, Kerry TEN 4. Moore, Matt CAR 5. Cassel, Matt KCC 6. Freeman, Josh TBB 7. Kitna, Jon DAL 8. Bouman, Todd JAC 9. Hasselbeck, Matt SEA 10. Kolb, Kevin PHIOf these Moore and Campbell look the most legitimate. I realize Carolina was playing the Niners, but Carolina was coming off of a BYE and the announcers made a point that Moore had spent the off time figuring out what he had been doing wrong. I think he may be a decent play as a Romo fill-in. Next 5 weeks are @ STL, NO, @ TB, BAL, @ CLE
Campbell won't have a job when Gradkowski comes back. There are guys with more upside week to week but if you want 15- 20 guaranteed points, go with Freeman - it's automatic.
Top 10 FA QB's in my league over the course of the season - numbers from Fitzpatrick are interesting: AVG 1. 2. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB 20.8 14 20 21 B 28 2. 30. Freeman, Josh TBB QB 14.0 16 19 6 B 15 12 16 3. 41. Hill, Shaun DET QB 13.2 -1 21 9 22 21 7 B 4. 56. Cassel, Matt KCC QB 12.2 6 3 21 B 6 21 16 5. 58. Bouman, Todd JAC QB 12.0 12 6. 67. Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB 11.5 18 15 10 3 B 13 10 7. 69. Kolb, Kevin PHI QB 11.4 0 12 13 24 8 8. 79. Collins, Kerry TEN QB 11.0 7 8 18 9. 86. Garrard, David JAC QB 10.7 19 2 5 24 15 -1 10. 116. Young, Vince TEN QB 9.0 16 -3 8 11 16 6 11. 118. Gradkowski, Bruce OAK QB 8.8 8 13 14 0 12. 129. Campbell, Jason OAK QB Yikes!!! By average he is the number 1 ranked QB, #2 overall....

To help set Kitna's market value...

I just wildly overpaid for Kitna. I bid $21 of my $100 free agent budget, and the next highest bid was.... zero. :scared: In my defense, I was expecting a strong bid from the Romo owner, who had $96 in free agent bucks, and only Seneca Wallace in reserve.

I needed a plug-in QB to cover Eli Manning's bye. I had stashed Vince Young and Bruce Gradkowski for this purpose weeks ago, but naturally, both are injured when I need them. It's a large-roster 14-team league, so the only sure starters available were Kitna and Matt Moore.

Oh well, there's no prize for most free agent bucks left at season end.

If you have bye week/injury issues, get Jon Kitna. He had 187 yards and 2 TDs today without much 1st team reps. Now he gets the Jax pass D at home. Absolutely a must start if you can get him. Thank me later :goodposting:
J. Kitna isn't a must start against anybody. If you saw him play, he looked God awful. When the Giants finally let up, he was allowed to throw to Witten some and Dez Bryant. The 187 and 2 Td's means absolutely nothing to me, as I saw what he looked like.Now, will he improve a little due to now getting to practice a short week with the 1's? Sure, that'll help shake some of the rest off and get some timing with the guys.Will playing Jax be easier than playing the Giants D in quarters 2, 3 and half of 4? Yes, Jax is not a very good defense and most teams get a lot of yards agains them.I expect Kitna to be serviceable due to the matchup. Do not expect something like 300 and 3 Td's and a top 5 QB for the week, he's just not that good. That and I don't see Garrett play calling it like that. He'll play this conservatively, some screens to Felix, dumps to Witten, some aggresive mid range throws to Dez or Miles which will all add up to a decent but not spectacular fantasy day.
Roy Williams adamantly disagrees with you.

I have my 2 QB's Ryan and Vick out this week so I was scurrying around for a fill-in. Of course Fitzpatrick was at the top of my list, but I knew a WW claim would be made on him and I couldn't afford to use my top WW spot for a 3rd QB (we start only 1) just for a bye week. I seriously thought the Romo owner was going to snag Kitna, but for some reason he used his WW claim on Henne instead...

I love Kitna this week, even at 38 yrs old w/ very little mobility. JAX pass D sucks that bad. Plug him, drop him.... and move on.

And what I really love is that I was able to pick him up as a FA.

Users who are viewing this thread