What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A.J. Green (1 Viewer)

I was in the pool

Footballguy
How good does Green look in just the 1st quarter of the Georgia/Auburn game? Already 4-98 with 2 TDs. Man among boys. Excited to see where he goes in the NFL draft.

I think he is a nice prospect however I do not feel he is in the Calvin / Dez class of prospect category. Willing to be talked out of that though...

1.Calvin

2. Fitz

3.Andre

4.Dez

...I dont see AJ as the elite talent everyone is talking about...great hands yes, but what else does he have?can he beat press coverage? Not very good after the catch either. Dont get me wrong, solid prospect but i wouldnt put him in the above group.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rams unfortunately may win too many games to draft him.
I think he will be way gone before the Rams are on the clock.Fortunetly for the Rams this could be a very good WR draft is the juniors come out (which I don't know why they wouldn't)As a Rams fan I would be very happy getting Malcom Floyd as a cancellation prize.

I think he will be way gone before the Rams are on the clock.Fortunetly for the Rams this could be a very good WR draft is the juniors come out (which I don't know why they wouldn't)As a Rams fan I would be very happy getting Malcom Floyd as a cancellation prize.
michael floyd? or are we gonna make a trade with the chargers? :lmao:

I think he will be way gone before the Rams are on the clock.Fortunetly for the Rams this could be a very good WR draft is the juniors come out (which I don't know why they wouldn't)As a Rams fan I would be very happy getting Michael Floyd as a cancellation prize.
Whoops.......fixed

I think he will be way gone before the Rams are on the clock.Fortunetly for the Rams this could be a very good WR draft is the juniors come out (which I don't know why they wouldn't)As a Rams fan I would be very happy getting Michael Floyd as a cancellation prize.
Whoops.......fixed
haha i feel like everyone confuses them at some point... but i agree with your point...id be happy with any wr that they end up with because i think they all have the potential to be great with bradford

As an owner of both Calvin and Andre, I got Andre ahead of Calvin. Calvin can do just about everything but not this:

1st highlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx7LpEuo8-c...feature=related
I forgot about that play against Arizona. Andre is a beast - unfortunately he is far less than 100% right now. When healthy he is a beast.All of these arguments about the best WR are splitting hairs.

Calvin, AJ, Fitz all uberstuds

Dez, AJ Green a few others have a chance....

1.Calvin2. Fitz3.Andre4.Dez...I dont see AJ as the elite talent everyone is talking about...great hands yes, but what else does he have?can he beat press coverage? Not very good after the catch either. Dont get me wrong, solid prospect but i wouldnt put him in the above group.
Personally id put it1. Calvin2. Andre3. Fitz4. Rogers5. Dez6. Crabtree

I think he will be way gone before the Rams are on the clock.Fortunetly for the Rams this could be a very good WR draft is the juniors come out (which I don't know why they wouldn't)

As a Rams fan I would be very happy getting Michael Floyd as a cancellation prize.
Whoops.......fixed
haha i feel like everyone confuses them at some point... but i agree with your point...id be happy with any wr that they end up with because i think they all have the potential to be great with bradford
It would be salt in the womb if they got neither. They'd be inconsolable

:pickle:
:goodposting:

I liked the "cancellation prize" post before that one as well. Sometimes I'm amazed at how many people here speak as if English is their second (or third) language.....
Irony isn't Fragis and Redmen's strong suit.
I was hoping I missed something on both. It was likely only one of them, though... :lmao:

:lmao:
:thumbup:

I liked the "cancellation prize" post before that one as well. Sometimes I'm amazed at how many people here speak as if English is their second (or third) language.....
So I'm posting something about football and somehow get - points for spelling something wrong, dude seriously.
I hope you don't have a salty womb about it

:unsure:
:thumbdown:

So I'm posting something about football and somehow get - points for spelling something wrong, dude seriously.
Yep, -10 for not knowing it had nothing at all to do with your spelling. Oh, and after reading your sig, you're down another 20 points, chief. :thumbup: Back on topic - Jeffery is a beast.

I think Green has good odds of being an elite NFL WR, but we'll see where he ends up. He doesn't have Calvin's freakish measurables, but he has amazing hands and great ability to make adjustments while in the air. He will definitely need to add a little muscle for the NFL, but that's true of a lot of guys coming out of college.

fruity pebbles said:
King of the Jungle said:
I think he is a nice prospect however I do not feel he is in the Calvin / Dez class of prospect category. Willing to be talked out of that though...
Dez isnt in that category either.
He isnt? Compared to AJ and TO I would say he is a uberstud Fruity

fruity pebbles said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
1.Calvin2. Fitz3.Andre4.Dez...I dont see AJ as the elite talent everyone is talking about...great hands yes, but what else does he have?can he beat press coverage? Not very good after the catch either. Dont get me wrong, solid prospect but i wouldnt put him in the above group.
What about Roddy white or Nicks..... they are far better then crabtree

fruity pebbles said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
Not as a prospect coming out they werent.

He is not as good as Blackmon is going to be in the NFL. Wait another year and the stud will be coming out. The guy does what he wants for Ok St. and he will be TO/Dez Bryantish when comes to NfL

He is not as good as Blackmon is going to be in the NFL. Wait another year and the stud will be coming out. The guy does what he wants for Ok St. and he will be TO/Dez Bryantish when comes to NfL
Why wait another year when he can be a high 1st round pick THIS year? Between Green, Blackmon, Jones, Baldwin and Floyd, this WR class is just ridiculous.

fruity pebbles said:
wiscstlatlmia said:
You forgot to acknowledge that Crabtree has no QB. Put Crabtree on the Falcons or Giants and then we'll make a fair assessment.

I think he will be way gone before the Rams are on the clock.

Fortunetly for the Rams this could be a very good WR draft is the juniors come out (which I don't know why they wouldn't)

As a Rams fan I would be very happy getting Michael Floyd as a cancellation prize.

michael floyd? or are we gonna make a trade with the chargers? :pickle:

Whoops.......fixed

The phrase is "salt in the wound" , not womb.

Comparing A.J. Green and Calvin Johnson is a little like comparing apples and oranges. Johnson is a freakish athlete due to his size, strength, speed and vertical. However, I'd say it's still questionable that he's more than an average route runner.

Some might argue that Johnson doesn't need to be a great route runner because of his physical gifts. While I agree he doesn't "need" to improve his routes to remain a productive player, it's short-sighted to think it wouldn't help his career tremendously if he ran a greater variety of routes with skill. While I'm sure a team that uses receivers the way the Bears do would adjust its offense to accommodate Johnson, he's not the ideal type of route runner for that scheme.

A.J. Green will never have the body type of Calvin Johnson, but he is a more agile player capable of developing into a player like Torry Holt in his prime - a player than can run any route and be a factor in the red zone one-on-one.

Holt had 8 years of 80+ receptions and 1180 yards and he could run every route you'd want to see from a receiver.

I still need to watch Green with a bigger magnifying glass, but from what I have seen he's the type of player that would fit in any system. He'll probably gain 5-15 pounds over the course of his career but paired with a quarterback with excellent anticipation, he can be as much of a stud as players that earn their living running mostly on perimeter routes and getting yards after the catch.

AJ Green is a stud. A lot of people around here are probably realizing now that they should have gotten on this guys bus a loooong time ago. Easily the best WR in this class. Better than any of the last 3 classes as well.

AJ Green is a stud. A lot of people around here are probably realizing now that they should have gotten on this guys bus a loooong time ago. Easily the best WR in this class. Better than any of the last 3 classes as well.
THey said Crabtree was the best WR in many years.They said Calvin was the best WR in many years.They said Dez Bryant was the best WR in many years.They even said the same about Mike Williams and Charles Rogers.I think AJ Green will be OK at the next level and he could reach stud label if he lands in the right spot (ask Crabtree what that means).So many variables - but certainly a talented WR.

THey said Crabtree was the best WR in many years.They said Calvin was the best WR in many years.They said Dez Bryant was the best WR in many years.They even said the same about Mike Williams and Charles Rogers.I think AJ Green will be OK at the next level and he could reach stud label if he lands in the right spot (ask Crabtree what that means).So many variables - but certainly a talented WR.
Who is they? I didn't say that about any of those guys. I've said that about 3 guys; Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerld and now AJ Green.

moderated said:
fruity pebbles said:
King of the Jungle said:
Dez isnt in that category either.
:goodposting: AJ Green has all the tools and is a freak of nature. I agree he is the best WR prospect since Calvin and before that you have to go a long ways back to find one comparable.
don't have to go back that far...........Braylon Edwards. don't forget what Braylon was early on and in his michigan days. same game/body type/dominance. infact i'll surprised if Green runs a faster 40 time at his pro day than Braylon did(4.38) when he's ready. both still destroyed with young QB's at the helmside note we all agree Calvin how awesome athletically Calvin is, however Randy did run a 4.25 40 as a 18yr old when he had a cup of coffee with the seminoles. Bowden has this quote where he said he uses Deion as a measuring stick for athletes and he came away saying Randy was a much bigger Deion which he thought was impossible.

THey said Crabtree was the best WR in many years.They said Calvin was the best WR in many years.

They said Dez Bryant was the best WR in many years.

They even said the same about Mike Williams and Charles Rogers.

I think AJ Green will be OK at the next level and he could reach stud label if he lands in the right spot (ask Crabtree what that means).

So many variables - but certainly a talented WR.
Who is they? I didn't say that about any of those guys. I've said that about 3 guys; Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerld and now AJ Green.
Dont forget Roy Williams

Wow, I dont know how you are not an NFL scout by now.

Users who are viewing this thread