What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vince Young (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Footballguy
From @jwyattsports:

Fisher said no excuses for young reaction after game #titans 6 minutes ago via txt

Fisher said young has lost his job as the team's quarterback, injury or not #titans 7 minutes ago via txt

Vince young told flexor tendon in thumb and may need surgery, fisher said #titans 8 minutes ago via txt

Vince Young, QB TENNews: Tennessee QB Vince Young injured his thumb on his throwing hand in the Week 11 overtime loss to the Redskins and may have lost his starting job as well. Young left before the end of the third quarter. Young emerged from the locker room with tape on his thumb and he attempted to warm up with a glove on his throwing hand. He did not get back into the game, however. Rusty Smith entered and almost threw a TD pass to Randy Moss that was negated by offensive pass interference by Moss before a Smith interception late with the score tied halted a possible game-winning drive as Washington eventually won in overtime. Immediately following the game, Young was seen leaving the field and tossing his pads and jersey into the stands. Coach Jeff Fisher said after the game that Young has lost his starting job because of that reaction, regardless of the injury. The Titans also notified Young that he may need surgery on a torn flexor tendon in his thumb.Analysis: Young went 12 for 16 before leaving with 165 yards passing and no picks or touchdowns. Young added three carries for 20 yards on the ground and lost a fumble in the game. Things just went from bad to worse for Young after suffering the injury. He could be lost for the year with an injury and his temper looks to have lost him the starting job, regardless. Young had performed like a leader in the past but was nothing of the sort on Sunday. Young hasn't had huge Fantasy production in recent weeks anyway. Young could have been a decent starting option in Week 12 against one of the poorest pass defenses in the NFL. Now he's someone to avoid in all formats it seems.
Rusty Smith, QB TENNews: Tennessee QB Rusty Smith entered the Week 11 game against Washington after Vince Young suffered a thumb injury. Smith targeted Randy Moss on his first NFL pass attempt and it could have been a touchdown had Moss not committed offensive pass interference. Smith led a crucial fourth-quarter scoring drive for the Titans to give them a short-lived 16-13 lead. Washington ended up tying the score and winning the game in overtime. Smith threw a critical interception with 5:12 to play that could have been the game-winning drive for Tennessee. Smith finished with 62 yards passing on 3 of 9 throwing with one interception. Young was visibly upset on the sideline during and after the game and coach Jeff Fisher said Young has lost his starting job after the game.Analysis: Young clearly wanted back in the game but Fisher stuck with the rookie out of FAU. It ultimately backfired and Young left the stadium in a tirade. That tirade may have cost him his job as starter and Smith could be at the helm in Week 12 at Houston. Smith displayed the ability to throw the deep ball and could be a decent sleeper in Week 12 against one of the worst passing defenses in football. That said, a lot could happen between now and then so continue to stay tuned to this saga.

Rotoworlds report

Titans coach Jeff Fisher announced after Sunday's loss that Vince Young will no longer be the team's starting quarterback.

Young tore a tendon in his right thumb during the game and may need surgery, but Fisher confirmed that he will not regain the job when healthy. According to the Nashville Tennessean, Young "left LP Field abruptly" after the loss, threw his shoulder pads into the stands, and had safety Michael Griffin "chasin' after him." Fisher told reporters that there were "no excuses" for Young's behavior after the game. The Titans will go with rookie Rusty Smith until Kerry Collins (calf) gets back. Collins is also out indefinitely.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Nashville Tennessean, Young "left LP Field abruptly" after the loss, threw his shoulder pads into the stands, and had safety Michael Griffin "chasin' after him."
I thought he had matured. Guess not.Rusty Smith, come on down.

Rotoworlds report

Titans coach Jeff Fisher announced after Sunday's loss that Vince Young will no longer be the team's starting quarterback.

Young tore a tendon in his right thumb during the game and may need surgery, but Fisher confirmed that he will not regain the job when healthy. According to the Nashville Tennessean, Young "left LP Field abruptly" after the loss, threw his shoulder pads into the stands, and had safety Michael Griffin "chasin' after him." Fisher told reporters that there were "no excuses" for Young's behavior after the game. The Titans will go with rookie Rusty Smith until Kerry Collins (calf) gets back. Collins is also out indefinitely.
He also appeared to be the only Titan not celebrating when Washington missed the FG at the end of regulation.

It has to be Randy Moss' fault that VY lost his cool, doesn't it?
Moss: 'Hey, vince. Act crazy and throw your pads into the stands. They will say you have passion for the game.' Vince: 'duh, good idea.'Moss: 'wow, that was easy. I couldn't take another game with this loser at the helm. This bum couldn't get me the ball against the 2nd worst pass D in the league and I got Houston coming up.'

It has to be Randy Moss' fault that VY lost his cool, doesn't it?
Moss: 'Hey, vince. Act crazy and throw your pads into the stands. They will say you have passion for the game.' Vince: 'duh, good idea.'Moss: 'wow, that was easy. I couldn't take another game with this loser at the helm. This bum couldn't get me the ball against the 2nd worst pass D in the league and I got Houston coming up.'
Let's stay on topic here - this thread is about Vince Young melting down, not Moss. TIA

I thought for sure he had turned his life around after he went missing after the Jacksonville game and the Titans called the police to go looking for him, and then I thought for sure he was getting more emotionally mature after he punched that guy out at the Dallas nudie bar in the wee hours of the morning. Throwing his pads into the stands will be the latest "turning point" for him.

This guy has the emotional bounceback of mercury. Hopefully somebody other than fellow UT alum Michael Griffin has run after him and is talking with him tonight. His emotional lows seem abnormally low.

Not that it validates his behavior but

Young clearly wanted back in the game but Fisher stuck with the rookie out of FAU
If I got hurt in a game, got taped up and felt I could return and I was benched for Rusty Smith I'd be pretty pissed. Especially considering the reports leading up to this game and last week both had indications of VY's teammates questioning his toughness and dedication. I guess its cause he'd all ready fumbled once? Whole situation seems pretty strange.

Anyone think this was his last game as QB of the Titans?
Thank God. Fisher's obviously had a jihad against Young from day 1. The guy has a 100 passer rating and has won 2/3rds of his games. Would love to see him in Arizona.
:bag: I was expecting to see more complaining about Fisher in this thread.
I've watched many of the TEN games over the past few years and stats are deceiving. He's had some spots of brilliance -- just enough to make you think 'hey, this guy could be our franchise QB' -- but he's inconsistent. Despite some improvement this year, he hasn't developed into the pocket passer they need him to be.

Thank God. Fisher's obviously had a jihad against Young from day 1. The guy has a 100 passer rating and has won 2/3rds of his games. Would love to see him in Arizona.
:stirspot: I was expecting to see more complaining about Fisher in this thread.
People have finally figured out the Young stinks and Fisher is an excellent HC.
:D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've watched many of the TEN games over the past few years and stats are deceiving. He's had some spots of brilliance -- just enough to make you think 'hey, this guy could be our franchise QB' -- but he's inconsistent. Despite some improvement this year, he hasn't developed into the pocket passer they need him to be.
This.....he had a few head scratching plays today. He missed Moss in the endzone, a pass any good QB would have made, and for some reason doesnt check down to CJ when he has a little space.

What about wins and losses then? He's won 2/3rds of his games as a Titan. Fisher was forced to start Young by Bud Adams after the Titans went 0-6 last and almost brought them to the playoffs.

What about wins and losses then? He's won 2/3rds of his games as a Titan. Fisher was forced to start Young by Bud Adams after the Titans went 0-6 last and almost brought them to the playoffs.
If you watched TEN play last year, Collins actually performed reasonably well. A ridiculous amount of dropped passes by his receivers, tipped balls leading to picks, etc. Coach Fisher didn't want to make the change b/c he probably saw things in a similar way. The defense was a major problem.Yes, the change to VY may have provided the spark, and the change was certainly deserved after a 59-0 rout in the snow against NE, but the quality of play at the position had little improvement in my eyes.

I would be happy to see him leave TEN for a team that's willing to build their offense around him. Fisher kept trying to hammer a square peg in a round hole and make VY a pocket passer.

Vince Young and Jeff Fisher quarrel in the locker room?

by Alfie Crow on Nov 21, 2010 7:47 PM EST

"Young is done for the Titans this season, injury or not. I don't think he ever plays for Coach Jeff Fisher again," tweeted Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean after the Tennessee Titans fell to the Washington Redskins in overtime today. In a day in which the Jacksonville Jaguars sit at first place in the division, this could mean big news within the division. Per Jim Wyatt, Titans quarterback and former first round pick Vince Young and Titans head coach Jeff Fisher exchanged words in the locker room following the loss.

Per Wyatt, Jeff Fisher was gathering the team together in the locker room and Vince Young was throwing out expletives, to which Fisher asked Young to be quiet. Vince Young got dressed after the game and headed towards the exit. Jeff Fisher told Young not to walk out on his teammates. Young turned and allegedly responded to Fisher, and this is paraphrasing, "I'm not running out on my teammates. I'm running out on you."

In the post game press conference, Fisher also said that Young has lost his job as the starting quarterback of the Titans, injury or not. It sounds like Young is likely headed to injured reserve, but one thing is now certain: The Jaguars won't be facing Vince Young in two weeks when they head to Tennessee.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2010/11/21/18...the-locker-room

:popcorn: I was expecting to see more complaining about Fisher in this thread.
What about wins and losses then? He's won 2/3rds of his games as a Titan. Fisher was forced to start Young by Bud Adams after the Titans went 0-6 last and almost brought them to the playoffs....during the candyass portion of their schedule.
That comeback is so easily destroyed by the fact that Kerry Collins once went 12-3 with the same team. Young is garbage. Always has been. He has benifitted from a strong defense in previous years and Chris Johnson in the current 2 years.He doesn't win the games. he's in the games and the clueless give him credit for the win.

If you watched TEN play last year, Collins actually performed reasonably well. A ridiculous amount of dropped passes by his receivers, tipped balls leading to picks, etc. Coach Fisher didn't want to make the change b/c he probably saw things in a similar way. The defense was a major problem.Yes, the change to VY may have provided the spark, and the change was certainly deserved after a 59-0 rout in the snow against NE, but the quality of play at the position had little improvement in my eyes.
I've seen plenty of Titan's games and blaming the 0-6 start on receivers dropping the balls for Collins is forcing an excuse to fit your preconceived conclusion. For the sake of argument, let's accept your "WRs stopped dropping passes and the defense started playing better" theory. Now, Young was drafted 3rd--and the Titans weren't picking 3rd because they had an awesome record in the prior year, so how do you explain the fact that Young has won 2/3rds of his games after taking over the 3rd worst team in the NFL? None of the data fits your conclusion.

I've seen plenty of Titan's games and blaming the 0-6 start on receivers dropping the balls for Collins is forcing an excuse to fit your preconceived conclusion. For the sake of argument, let's accept your "WRs stopped dropping passes and the defense started playing better" theory. Now, Young was drafted 3rd--and the Titans weren't picking 3rd because they had an awesome record in the prior year, so how do you explain the fact that Young has won 2/3rds of his games after taking over the 3rd worst team in the NFL? None of the data fits your conclusion.
I'm not answering your question, but I will back up the defense playing better part. Remember that Finnegan and one of the other cornerbacks were hurt and the team starting winning when they came back.

:goodposting: I was expecting to see more complaining about Fisher in this thread.
The Titans almost made the playoffs because of Chris Johnson, not Vince Young.

I'm not answering your question, but I will back up the defense playing better part. Remember that Finnegan and one of the other cornerbacks were hurt and the team starting winning when they came back.
What he needs to do is look at the opponents weeks 1-6 and then the candyass schedule after that.

Users who are viewing this thread