What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Football rebooted (1 Viewer)

Sudsy

Footballguy
Games should take two hours, no more except for overtime. Reduce T.V. timeouts. We don't need a T.O. after a score. We especially do not need a T.O. between a touchdown and the extra point, and again between the extra point and the kickoff. Reduce challenges to 1 per team and absolutely have them done in one minute with the time running for all to see. If the call cannot be rationally overturned in that time the call stands. there will be bad calls, but there always are anyhow. All team T.O.'s should be 30 seconds, no more. Reduce half time by two minutes. this will eliminate that stupid on field interview by sideline reporters at the end of the half, but no loss.

Reduced game times will not reduce commercial time for the networks. Instead of broadcasting three games on Sunday and one on Monday they could broadcast 5 games on sunday and two on monday. Their advertising opportunities would still be there and the league would get more of its games shown to more people.

Go with the 18 game schedule. To compensate for injuries allow practice squads of 9 players and allow players to freer movement to return from PUP and I.R. With the longer season players could concievably come back from fairly serious injuries and contribute. A ten game injury, now problem. if it happens in week one the player can be back in week 11 and with two byes concievably only have missed 9 games or half the season. the current I.R. rule makes no sense.

Change the helmets so that they are not a weapon. Make them of a soft, yielding product that protects heads but is ineffective in delivering blows. You want to level somebody you will need to do so with your shoulder pads.

Use chips in the ball and GPS and lasers to spot the ball accurately and to determine first downs and T.D.'s. dont slow the game down with chain gangs.

Overtime The kicking team kicks off from their own 42. This will give the recieving team poorer field position on average and will make the decision to recieve more difficult. we will also see more attempted onside kicks in overtime.

Pass interference Make it a fifteen yard penalty. Add it to the next play regardless of outcome. If the ball is not caught the team gets 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. If caught in spite of the interference add it to the end of the gain. If on a T.D. add it to the kick off. Conversely offensive pass interference goes 15 yards the other direction from the line of scrimmage.

Points after touchdown 2 points just as it is now from the 2 yard line. Place kicks moved back to the 30 yard line for the line of scrimmage. Drop kicks from the two yard line of scrimmage also score 2 points.

Unnecessary roughness Player is automatically ejected from the game and his team losses a T.O. and if out of T.O.'s is automatically ejected for the next game as well.

I honestly don't even see 1/4 of these making sense.

OT currently this season has only had one team win on the first possession iirc.

Unnecessary roughness - absolutely stupid. A player shouldn't be punished more based on what a coach did earlier in the game

GPS - Won't work as there is still the issue of when the player was down.

Advertisements are the way they are because they are a cash cow, they are not going to change that.

So, an 18 game schedule with fewer timeouts leading to less rest time for the players?

Yeah, that won't go over well.

Ejections for roughness?

About the only one I really agree with is the PI calls.

Helmets, I won't pretend to be an expert to know how they need to be made...but several companies have been working on this so I will defer to them.

I honestly don't even see 1/4 of these making sense.OT currently this season has only had one team win on the first possession iirc.Unnecessary roughness - absolutely stupid. A player shouldn't be punished more based on what a coach did earlier in the gameGPS - Won't work as there is still the issue of when the player was down.Advertisements are the way they are because they are a cash cow, they are not going to change that.
With five 2 hour games rather than three 3 hour games there would be 10 hours of football rather than 9. Advertisers would still have plenty of time to advertise.O.T. never needed to be fixed, but since they did it should be fixed to a better more exciting system implicting tough coaching decisions and more strategy.The intent is not to punish players but to incentivize clean play. If a team tends to teach illegal play the team suffers. yes it is through the actions of a player and the player suffers too, but the rule will cut done on chipiness and dirty play keeping games moving and players healthy. If tennis could figure out a system so can the NFL.Just having fun spitballing and maybe riling some folks up, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, no exclusive markets for televised home games. There is no reason to impose the home game on the fans of a City. let the other network broadcast its game as well. If the home team cannot draw an audience to itself, too ####### bad.

Games should take two hours, no more except for overtime - Nope. Your minor changes to reduce play time really do little. If your reducing TV timeouts you are going to reduce the time for commercials which means less money for the NFL and they will get that money somewhere else or it's not going to happen.

Go with the 18 game schedule - Hey, one I can agree some.

Change the helmets so that they are not a weapon - I'm all for them trying to improve the technology, but I don't see how this is very possible. Anything strong enough to protect the head will be strong enough to hurt someone else. Allowing a helmet to crush like cars do in a wreck isn't very feasible with the time constraints of a game or from a money standpoint.

Use chips in the ball and GPS and lasers to spot the ball - Shrug. Doubt the gain is worth the cost but wouldn't be against it.

Overtime - There's nothing wrong with the current OT system. If teams don't like a slight advantage from winning a coin flip, then they shouldn't play for OT.

Pass interference - Nope, too much incentive for a beat defender to take the receiver down.

Points after touchdown - See no reason to make extra points longer.

Unnecessary roughness - Because we like seeing players kicked out of the game? Have you seen some of the bogus unnecessary roughness calls out there. Saw one this weekend that was for a late hit and the runner hadn't even touched out of bounds yet. Completely against this until the refs go back to really calling only truly unnecessary roughness. Also, why thing thing about a TO or thrown out of the next game? Why does it have anything to do with a TO being left?

I honestly don't even see 1/4 of these making sense.OT currently this season has only had one team win on the first possession iirc.Unnecessary roughness - absolutely stupid. A player shouldn't be punished more based on what a coach did earlier in the gameGPS - Won't work as there is still the issue of when the player was down.Advertisements are the way they are because they are a cash cow, they are not going to change that.
With five 2 hour games rather than three 3 hour games there would be 10 hours of football rather than 9. Advertisers would still have plenty of time to advertise.O.T. never needed to be fixed, but since they did it should be fixed to a better more exciting system implicting tough coaching decisions and more strategy.The intent is not to punish players but to incentivize clean play. If a team tends to teach illegal play the team suffers. yes it is through the actions of a player and the player suffers too, but the rule will cut done on chipiness and dirty play keeping games moving and players healthy. If tennis could figure out a system so can the NFL.Just having fun spitballing and maybe riling some folks up, who knows.
Assuming 60 minutes of play, that leaves 5 * 1hr of advertising vs. 3 * 2 hrs of advertising, 6>5. Don't think moving the ball 12 yards does much of a difference. More touchbacks is all it would produce.Unnecessary roughness happens sometimes accidentally. There should be different levels, sort of like basketball. So take AJ and CF fight this past weekend, if it happens right before half and the Titans are out of TOs, CF gets suspended the next game and AJ doesn't since HOU had a TO? But if it happens right after the half neither get suspended?Tennis relies solely on where the ball lands. Either it lands in or out. Football depends on where the player was. For this to work you would need to have touch sensors implemented into the players uniform. But it would need to be able to differentiate between ground and another player touching. Also the whole ball would need to be GPSed since this is a game of millimeters sometimes. Ball is sideways and crosses barely the plane of the td, but yet the GPS and lasers show that the tipped never cross, result a rightful td taken away.

1. Get rid of Goodell - we're halfway home already

2. Get rid of international games - you don't see the EPL playing their regular season matches in America, because it would be an insult to their team's fans, just like the NFL international games are.

3. Keep the schedule at 16 games. With Sunday Ticket, Red Zone, NFL Rewind, etc, there's plenty available for fans nowadays already. Why saturate your product further and make each game marginally less important?

4. 3 hour long games are fine, we're all used to them by now. Just make sure it stays at 3 hours. And stop it with the Touchdown commercial, kickoff commercial sequence. Fit those ads in somewhere else - hell, extend halftime by 5 minutes if you have to, that way everyone in the stadium can get back to their seats for 2nd half kickoff.

5. I'd do something to prevent the "team calls timeout right before the FG snap" situation, simply because it's fan unfriendly. Maybe make it so that timeouts can't be called within the last 5 seconds of the play clock on 4th downs or something like that.

6. When a team commits a penalty deep in their own territory, why don't they move the 1st down marker 5-10 yards further out instead of just penalizing half the distance? An offensive holding penalty could be worth 10 yards or 2 yards depending on where you are on the field? Doesn't make much sense.

7. Give Houston back the Oilers name and colors. It's just the right thing to do

Give me my team centric broadcast options. Instead of network game announcers sink the call to my team's official radio guys. When my team is on offense I wnt a camera view fom behind the offense. when my team is on defense I don't want that standrad offensive camera view, I want one from behind my defense. I want to see what they are seeing.

1. Get rid of Goodell - we're halfway home already2. Get rid of international games - you don't see the EPL playing their regular season matches in America, because it would be an insult to their team's fans, just like the NFL international games are.3. Keep the schedule at 16 games. With Sunday Ticket, Red Zone, NFL Rewind, etc, there's plenty available for fans nowadays already. Why saturate your product further and make each game marginally less important?4. 3 hour long games are fine, we're all used to them by now. Just make sure it stays at 3 hours. And stop it with the Touchdown commercial, kickoff commercial sequence. Fit those ads in somewhere else - hell, extend halftime by 5 minutes if you have to, that way everyone in the stadium can get back to their seats for 2nd half kickoff.5. I'd do something to prevent the "team calls timeout right before the FG snap" situation, simply because it's fan unfriendly. Maybe make it so that timeouts can't be called within the last 5 seconds of the play clock on 4th downs or something like that.6. When a team commits a penalty deep in their own territory, why don't they move the 1st down marker 5-10 yards further out instead of just penalizing half the distance? An offensive holding penalty could be worth 10 yards or 2 yards depending on where you are on the field? Doesn't make much sense.7. Give Houston back the Oilers name and colors. It's just the right thing to do
That's the spirit. Good stuff.

I'd also either : 1. compress the bye weeks to 4 weeks with 8 teams off for each of the four weeks, but strive to make the remaining matchups in those four weeks as compelling as possible since there's less total games available. Or 2. Make it so that teams playing Thursday night games are always coming off bye weeks. That means starting and ending the Thursday night schedule earlier in the season.

I don't want the game shorter and realize the timeouts are for commercial $. Yeah I'm not a fan of them, but ya gotta run to the bathroom or kitchen at some point so it works.

One NFL player should be forced to legally change his name to "He Hate Me" and have that reflected on his jersey. When he retires, a new player should be chosen to be the new "He Hate Me" in an elaborate two-hour drafting special on ESPN with Vince McMahon and Matt Millen.

We need to be more forward thinking than what is being suggested.

In the future we should aspire for football to be more like this or this.

5. I'd do something to prevent the "team calls timeout right before the FG snap" situation, simply because it's fan unfriendly. Maybe make it so that timeouts can't be called within the last 5 seconds of the play clock on 4th downs or something like that.6. When a team commits a penalty deep in their own territory, why don't they move the 1st down marker 5-10 yards further out instead of just penalizing half the distance? An offensive holding penalty could be worth 10 yards or 2 yards depending on where you are on the field? Doesn't make much sense.
these are fine by me. Icing the kicker is like a license to annoy everyone. Maybe if icing were like a ten second timeout, but it just stinks.I'd love to have X amount of (insert annoying penalties here) false starts and the player is booted from the game. After like the third or fourth false start, an offensive tackle could block all eleven guys, pick up the RBs fumble and run 99 yards for a score, I'd still be grumpy with him. My prob usually is the rookies or newbies getting the penalties and the announcers excusing a rook for being jumpy-why? did they not snap the ball in college, high school, and peewee football? This is new to him?Under Phillips, I'd swear part of the Cowboys gameplan was for CBs to see just how much they can manhandle the WRs. 2-3 PIs later and they can properly gauge what'll be called. I'd like a five yard penalty if a WR makes a whole big todo that he caught a ball and it is super obvious he didn't. Who is he fooling? Did he forget about instant replay?David Letterman's oft used suggestion-Put two QBs in the game for all plays-which has become, well if down by 21 you can use two QBs and...it's a whole long rant, but I do agree it'd be fun.Old guy at bar suggestion-(Haven't been to that bar in years, but I always remember these two)If a team is down 21 points they can use water balloons on the field, on the sideline, everywhere. Long rant that ends with "oh the NFL can put their logo on the balloons if they want."And any team down 21 gets to have the option to have the know-it-all in the booth come down and play for them. Can't hear the TV in the bar, yet you know there's a know-it-all QB saying how it should be done which kinda cracked me up. This would eventually include grandmas (old saying) and just about any fan is allowed to play then.Oh yeah and teams must have something representative of their team name on their helmet. Try explaining to your grandkid why the Browns have an orange helmet and not a brown one. Giants can't have small players on their team. Owners have to sit in the worst seats in the stadium. Once up 21, a few defenders have to play on offense. No stoppage of play once you've lost ten games "just get the season over with." Players drop passes in games because that's the only time they don't have to do laps, so the only time they can get away with it. Coaches have to win X number of games to keep their job. Why the suspense and intrigue? Make it automatic.Bills (and any cold cold COLD weather stadiums) have to provide heat to the fans somehow in December.Jets and Giants either have to be the NJ Jets and NJ Giants or move. Why are they the only teams allowed to keep their previous state in their team name?

Games should take two hours, no more except for overtime. Reduce T.V. timeouts. We don't need a T.O. after a score. We especially do not need a T.O. between a touchdown and the extra point, and again between the extra point and the kickoff.
So your team is down by 7 with 3 seconds left with the ball at the 40. Should they just take a knee to end the game since they won't have time for the PAT anyway?
Change the helmets so that they are not a weapon. Make them of a soft, yielding product that protects heads but is ineffective in delivering blows.

Pass interference Make it a fifteen yard penalty. Add it to the next play regardless of outcome. If the ball is not caught the team gets 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. If caught in spite of the interference add it to the end of the gain. If on a T.D. add it to the kick off. Conversely offensive pass interference goes 15 yards the other direction from the line of scrimmage.
What if it was caught at the 5?

Most of these suggestions are highly flaWed!

Games should take two hours, no more except for overtime. 2 hours is too short. Even a High School game takes two hours...and they have ZERO TV timeouts, and clock rules which encourage quicker games. I (and I would guess most fans) have no problem with a 3 hour game.

Go with the 18 game schedule. I agree with this one. Not sure why any football fan wouldn't want three more weeks of football. The argument about injuries is lame as the extra bye would at the very least compensate for it, and may actually result in less time missed (by %).

Change the helmets so that they are not a weapon. They are working on this...it isn't as easy as you make it sound.

Use chips in the ball and GPS and lasers to spot the ball Worthless suggestion...you can't turn a players uniform into a big chip to determine when he's down. This would only help on those rare cases where it's unclear when a player passed the goal line BUT was clearly never down before...much more rare than you think. Cost/benefit ratio is likely negative.

Overtime The kicking team kicks off from their own 42. WHAT? This doesn't make any sense at all. In fact...it is completely contrary to your first "suggestion" of a 2 hour game.

Pass interference Make it a fifteen yard penalty. Add it to the next play regardless of outcome. This has been discussed ad nauseum in here before, with very good points on both sides. I tend to think it might be a good idea except perhaps in the last five minutes of the game. I don't buy the thought that it will make defenders interfere more often, and if it does...so what? The game has been too pro-offense lately and the defense could use some rule changing benefits.

Points after touchdown 2 points just as it is now from the 2 yard line. Place kicks moved back to the 30 yard line for the line of scrimmage. Drop kicks from the two yard line of scrimmage also score 2 points. This makes no sense. Your proposal would eliminate the fake.

Unnecessary roughness Player is automatically ejected from the game and his team losses a T.O. and if out of T.O.'s is automatically ejected for the next game as well.

We could talk about ejections and make a good argument...but the rest of this proposal is just silly.

Jets and Giants either have to be the NJ Jets and NJ Giants or move. Why are they the only teams allowed to keep their previous state in their team name?
:coffee: It still gets under my skin when I hear "New York is hosting the 2014 Super Bowl". Ummm, no. New Jersey is.

Jets and Giants either have to be the NJ Jets and NJ Giants or move. Why are they the only teams allowed to keep their previous state in their team name?
:thumbup: It still gets under my skin when I hear "New York is hosting the 2014 Super Bowl". Ummm, no. New Jersey is.
Which NFL team is from NY should not be a trivia Q. Geesh Buffalo isn't even in Buffalo but in Orchard Park.Been waiting for the Bills to get a new owner and him/her to fight them for the rights to NY in the team name. I figure if he/she gets that, he/she can move them (with the least resistance) to a far more populated area and the old Bills fans can still drive and support the team. Those fans are awesome at supporting a team but the area is just not populated enough. I've been there and been in Oklahoma (for the Sooners) and gameday means team flags put out, everyone wears jerseys, hats, and/or jackets, game is on in every store. I have no clue how they continue to sell any gear. Everyone in those areas has one of everything. Changing the team name and colors would yield a half billion dollars in revenue easy. Anyhow, the support is awesome in Buffalo but there's just not enough people.

Penalty for Offensive Stiffarm to the facemask - this s/b an automatic penalty like it is called on the defense

Give the Refs the ability to send players off the field - I can't stand the "Offsetting penalties - so really no impact call". If 2 players are called, send them both off the field for a number of play(s).

:lmao: It still gets under my skin when I hear "New York is hosting the 2014 Super Bowl". Ummm, no. New Jersey is.
Which NFL team is from NY should not be a trivia Q. Geesh Buffalo isn't even in Buffalo but in Orchard Park.Been waiting for the Bills to get a new owner and him/her to fight them for the rights to NY in the team name. I figure if he/she gets that, he/she can move them (with the least resistance) to a far more populated area and the old Bills fans can still drive and support the team. Those fans are awesome at supporting a team but the area is just not populated enough. I've been there and been in Oklahoma (for the Sooners) and gameday means team flags put out, everyone wears jerseys, hats, and/or jackets, game is on in every store. I have no clue how they continue to sell any gear. Everyone in those areas has one of everything. Changing the team name and colors would yield a half billion dollars in revenue easy. Anyhow, the support is awesome in Buffalo but there's just not enough people.
I am a Jets fan from NJ and always remember rumors that the Jets would eventually go to the NJ Jets, but the Giants would stay the same (obviously this is before the new stadium talk ever surfaced). Honestly, it really does not bother me, as that whole North Jersey/Manhattan area is one big comglomerate. We all know that the NFL wants "NY team/teams, and it really was just a stadium issue more than anything else as to why they sit in NJ versus NY. Look no further than the Devils who wanted to be housed in Hoboken, but could not due to lack of Real Estate...same with the Nets and the "possibility" they move to Brooklyn. From a fan's perspective, we just want a place we can get to easily, and the name has little to no bearing on who we would root for. Considering the tradition/origins of both teams and the stadium location issues, they really are "NY" teams. It is not like they moved to Memphis and are still calling them the NY Giants.

:goodposting: It still gets under my skin when I hear "New York is hosting the 2014 Super Bowl". Ummm, no. New Jersey is.
I am a Jets fan from NJ and always remember rumors that the Jets would eventually go to the NJ Jets, but the Giants would stay the same (obviously this is before the new stadium talk ever surfaced). Honestly, it really does not bother me, as that whole North Jersey/Manhattan area is one big comglomerate. We all know that the NFL wants "NY team/teams, and it really was just a stadium issue more than anything else as to why they sit in NJ versus NY. Look no further than the Devils who wanted to be housed in Hoboken, but could not due to lack of Real Estate...same with the Nets and the "possibility" they move to Brooklyn. From a fan's perspective, we just want a place we can get to easily, and the name has little to no bearing on who we would root for. Considering the tradition/origins of both teams and the stadium location issues, they really are "NY" teams. It is not like they moved to Memphis and are still calling them the NY Giants.
agree to disagree

The NFL is enjoying RECORD television ratings. The NFL has never been more popular than in 2010. Its particularly strong in the coveted 18-49 demographic. This is in an era where viewership is well below all-time highs in the NBA, NHL, and MLB. The last thing the NFL should be thinking about is rebooting.

6. When a team commits a penalty deep in their own territory, why don't they move the 1st down marker 5-10 yards further out instead of just penalizing half the distance? An offensive holding penalty could be worth 10 yards or 2 yards depending on where you are on the field? Doesn't make much sense.
I like this one. :goodposting:

The NFL is enjoying RECORD television ratings. The NFL has never been more popular than in 2010. Its particularly strong in the coveted 18-49 demographic. This is in an era where viewership is well below all-time highs in the NBA, NHL, and MLB. The last thing the NFL should be thinking about is rebooting.
:lmao:

How about allowing a back or receiver to go in motion towards the line of scrimmage like they do in Arena Football?
Because its lame?
Why?
Because the offense already has an advantage with the way defenses get penalized for any minor touching...now you want to give them more of one by putting a guy in a full sprint at the snap?I don't think it adds anything to the game...its gimmicky and best kept in arena ball.

:confused: It still gets under my skin when I hear "New York is hosting the 2014 Super Bowl". Ummm, no. New Jersey is.
New York is hosting - they're just renting out New Jersey as a location. ;-)FWIW the jets tried to build a NYC stadium and were blocked by the people who own MSG. Other then that, yeah I'd still follow the NJ Jets and it'd kinda be funny if the only NY team was the Bills.

Games should take two hours, no more except for overtime. Reduce T.V. timeouts. We don't need a T.O. after a score. We especially do not need a T.O. between a touchdown and the extra point, and again between the extra point and the kickoff. Reduce challenges to 1 per team and absolutely have them done in one minute with the time running for all to see. If the call cannot be rationally overturned in that time the call stands. there will be bad calls, but there always are anyhow. All team T.O.'s should be 30 seconds, no more. Reduce half time by two minutes. this will eliminate that stupid on field interview by sideline reporters at the end of the half, but no loss.

Reduced game times will not reduce commercial time for the networks. Instead of broadcasting three games on Sunday and one on Monday they could broadcast 5 games on sunday and two on monday. Their advertising opportunities would still be there and the league would get more of its games shown to more people.

Go with the 18 game schedule. To compensate for injuries allow practice squads of 9 players and allow players to freer movement to return from PUP and I.R. With the longer season players could concievably come back from fairly serious injuries and contribute. A ten game injury, now problem. if it happens in week one the player can be back in week 11 and with two byes concievably only have missed 9 games or half the season. the current I.R. rule makes no sense.

Change the helmets so that they are not a weapon. Make them of a soft, yielding product that protects heads but is ineffective in delivering blows. You want to level somebody you will need to do so with your shoulder pads.

Use chips in the ball and GPS and lasers to spot the ball accurately and to determine first downs and T.D.'s. dont slow the game down with chain gangs.

Overtime The kicking team kicks off from their own 42. This will give the recieving team poorer field position on average and will make the decision to recieve more difficult. we will also see more attempted onside kicks in overtime.

Points after touchdown 2 points just as it is now from the 2 yard line. Place kicks moved back to the 30 yard line for the line of scrimmage. Drop kicks from the two yard line of scrimmage also score 2 points.

What else you got. A "jump to conclusions map"?Sorry, but for the most part these are terrible ideas.

GPS isn't nearly accurate enough to be used in a football. The best devices (with perfect sky views) get a resolution of a few feet of accuracy. That's not even close to an official eyeballing it.

GPS isn't nearly accurate enough to be used in a football. The best devices (with perfect sky views) get a resolution of a few feet of accuracy. That's not even close to an official eyeballing it.
It would be "GPS-like", possibly activated by special whistles. Sensors would be within the stadium to triangulate the position of the ball (think "Fox Trax" from hockey - which was a bad implementation of a decent idea).The one benefit of using this would be to see if the ball does cross the goal line, but other than that, yes, forward progress / when was he down issues render this rather unusable.

Unnecessary roughness - Because we like seeing players kicked out of the game? Have you seen some of the bogus unnecessary roughness calls out there. Saw one this weekend that was for a late hit and the runner hadn't even touched out of bounds yet. Completely against this until the refs go back to really calling only truly unnecessary roughness. Also, why thing thing about a TO or thrown out of the next game? Why does it have anything to do with a TO being left?
That was one of the worst calls I've seen all year. If the game was closer it would be getting a lot more attention.

Additional Revenue Generation Models

Allow for Sound FX to be a part of the game broadcast - With the obvious exception for huddle and sideline strategic sessions, actually hearing what's going on on the field would bring you that much closer to the action. DirecTV could charge a premium here.

Springtime developmental league - I think one of the issues with NFL Europe was that...it was in Europe. But surely you could cull together an 8 team developmental league in the spring that supported each division and base those franchises in second tier cities like Birmingham, San Antonio, Columbus, etc...while this appears possible via a merger with the NFL, it's also a way to provide more jobs for the players union to point to as a victory for their constiuency.

Gameday Experience

In-Game/In-Stadium Fantasy Updates - I can only speak to the Ga. Dome, but they don't do an effective job of communicating real time statisical updates of across the league. While they have incorporated 3-4 Red Zone Channel updates per game, most stadiums now have quite a bit of fancy mega HD screen real estate that a portion could be devoted to terrific service in this capacity rather than telling me Georgia Power is a good company and the official power source of the Atlanta Falcons. Plus, by providing this, you get peoples heads out of their mobile phone trying to check for the same information.

Rules Changes

Two types of Pass Interference Calls - Much like the facemask penalty used to be judged from an intent perspective...PI should be incidental and flagrant. Incidental PI should be 10 yards. Flagrant should be spot foul or 10 yards - whichever is greater.

Game suspensions for an accumulation of Unnecessary Roughness/Unsportsman Like Conduct penalities - One thing soccer has right is penalizing players via taking them off the field. $25,000 fine doesn't hit too hard in the age of the millionaire athlete. Also, this allows for percentage of paycheck fines to be established or exercised since a suspension results in the loss of a game check. This is a must.

Users who are viewing this thread