#1 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Please post the money owed to you, broken down between winnings and deposits.

Edited by JohnnyU, 18 January 2011 - 02:32 PM.

Hopes that were high in the heat of September ... can wilt and die in the chill of November. November can be cold and grey, November can be surly with bitter rain upon the world and winter coming early.
- John Facenda

#2 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

JohnnyU - $125 in deposits in Pres II.

Edited by JohnnyU, 08 January 2011 - 12:27 PM.

Hopes that were high in the heat of September ... can wilt and die in the chill of November. November can be cold and grey, November can be surly with bitter rain upon the world and winter coming early.
- John Facenda

#3 Invictus~Bronte

Invictus~Bronte

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 26-February 10

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

125.00 paid for 2010 in Pres I 120.00 most points scored 100.00 most Victory pts. 420.00 league Champ 640.00 Winnings total for 2010 from Pres I

#4 huntunc

huntunc

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 14-August 10

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

If I were approaching under NC law, and is likely similar in CA: One thing I just thought of. If he is claiming that they were garnished or taken from him by someone, then you should try to get as much info as you can on who that is. Just because he was holding funds doesn't mean he had the legal rights that would make them his property and subject to seizure. Whoever took the funds would be subject to returning the same. Think of it as giving your keys to a valet at the hotel. If the hotel doesn't pay their bills and someone executes on their property the night you are staying there it doesn't mean their creditor gets your car.
---
14 Team Keeper League: 6pts/TD; 40PaYd/pt; 20RuReYd/pt; bonus for long TD 10RuYd/pt for QB.
QB: Vick Tebow
RB: McCoy CJ.5K Ryan Williams Turbin
WR/TE: Nicks Steve Johnson Britt Cobb Collie Fleener
K: Walsh Novak
DST: 49'ers Seahawks

#5 8ebok24

8ebok24

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,792 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Black Mamba- Pres II Pretty sure I'm owed next year's deposit of $125 like JohnnyU

#6 oukurt

oukurt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,098 posts
  • Joined 01-August 03

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:47 AM

Kurt Howard - Team: Threat Level Midnight FOG 1 $1010 for 2nd place finish and 2nd in total points $325 in deposits $1335 total

"Excuse me, do these shorts effectively hide my thunder?" -Tobias

#7 Boom Switch

Boom Switch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 02-November 10

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

Black Mamba- Pres II Pretty sure I'm owed next year's deposit of $125 like JohnnyU

Yep. Im owed $250 total 125 in Pres 1 and another 125 for Pres 2

#8 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:05 AM

I didn't copy the bylaws in Pres I, can anyone who has these please let me know how much 2nd place was? Thanks.

#9 boxers

boxers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

FOG II $75 future year deposit

#10 wdcrob

wdcrob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,752 posts
  • Joined 15-July 06

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

$920 - FOG II Champ $725 - PSII Champ $150 - FOG II Deposit $125 - PSII Deposit -------------------------- $1920 total
Seven Rounds in April (@7RoundsInApril)
Updated Rookie Rankings (7/4)

Adam Harstad, on 21 Aug 2014: There was no fantasy before the nerds started playing. Who do you think sat around and thought "man, football is great, but I think I'd like it a lot more if two days later I could meticulously tabulate all of the statistics of a predetermined set of players by hand and compare those directly against the statistics of another predetermined set of players assembled by someone else to determine which of us was better able to predict player performances"?

#11 Invictus~Bronte

Invictus~Bronte

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 26-February 10

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

I didn't copy the bylaws in Pres I, can anyone who has these please let me know how much 2nd place was? Thanks.

J..I believe it was 250.00 as I thought you would squeak out the win and I'd end up with 2nd.

#12 Boom Switch

Boom Switch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 02-November 10

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

$920 - FOG II Champ $725 - PSII Champ $150 - FOG II Deposit $125 - PSII Deposit -------------------------- $1920 total

oof....

#13 brushie

brushie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 01-October 03

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

Crenshaw Gangbangers - Pres II Two year's worth of deposits of $125

Edited by brushie, 09 January 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#14 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

Crenshaw Gangbangers - Pres II Next year's deposit of $125

Don't you mean $75 from year one and $50 from year two for a total of $125 for deposits paid, not next year's deposit of $125? We've had two years in this league.

Edited by JohnnyU, 09 January 2011 - 05:10 PM.

- John Facenda

#15 Moonlight

Moonlight

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 303 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

He has deposits for 2011 and 2012 for FOG II. These totalled $150.

#16 brushie

brushie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 01-October 03

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Crenshaw Gangbangers - Pres II Next year's deposit of $125

Don't you mean $75 from year one and $50 from year two for a total of $125 for deposits paid, not next year's deposit of $125? We've had two years in this league.

Yes.

#17 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,704 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

bump

#18 Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,691 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Truth be told getting a lawyer involved will be cutting off your nose to spite your face. And will probably eat up 1/2 (or more of the purse). I'd recommend giving dude a lil time (especially considering all the pressure that has been already applied). He's not going anywhere. Why not wait 30 or 60 days first, and maybe then get a lawyer as a last resort.
"And freedom yells, it don't cry, whatever sells will decide, but there's no hell, when you die, so don't look so worried" Conner Oberst aka 'Bright Eyes' 'Light Pollution'

Matthias' "I also think that the whole, "hate the sin, love the sinner" is pretty condascending. If I told people who believe in religion, that hey, I hate the idiocy, but I love the idiots, they'd think I was a righteous doosh."
'TexanFan02 "Disclaimer: I am not defending or agreeing with Hipple in any way, shape or form. I agree that his posts are largely unreadable and his advice is suspect on any subject."
Jobber "I don't care what anyone says, the above is true and correct. There is no arguing. If you think differently you're a #######"
commisholio "Hippling is when you come into a thread that's been going for a while and start responding to posts early in the thread, typically serially. A good Hippling™ will typically involve 5-7 posts in a row, all responding to things that have been discussed and from which everyone has moved on. Hipple is the master of the craft, Krista4 has also benn known to engage in a good Hippling™."

#19 Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,691 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Due the clutter in the other thread I thought I would make a thread to be used solely for the purpose of legal proceedings. Once we get a Lawyer to take the case we will need a record of all monies lost. Please don't post anything else in this thread other than info needed to get justice for this unthinkable action on Aquil's part.

Edit: Again, please only post winnings / deposit / legal info in this thread. Please use the main thread for other type of posts. It's very important to not clutter this thread.

also wouldn't it be easier to just multiply the entry fees x the # of people in each league. How is this info not calculable already.
"And freedom yells, it don't cry, whatever sells will decide, but there's no hell, when you die, so don't look so worried" Conner Oberst aka 'Bright Eyes' 'Light Pollution'

Matthias' "I also think that the whole, "hate the sin, love the sinner" is pretty condascending. If I told people who believe in religion, that hey, I hate the idiocy, but I love the idiots, they'd think I was a righteous doosh."
'TexanFan02 "Disclaimer: I am not defending or agreeing with Hipple in any way, shape or form. I agree that his posts are largely unreadable and his advice is suspect on any subject."
Jobber "I don't care what anyone says, the above is true and correct. There is no arguing. If you think differently you're a #######"
commisholio "Hippling is when you come into a thread that's been going for a while and start responding to posts early in the thread, typically serially. A good Hippling™ will typically involve 5-7 posts in a row, all responding to things that have been discussed and from which everyone has moved on. Hipple is the master of the craft, Krista4 has also benn known to engage in a good Hippling™."

#20 Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,691 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

sorry Johny u. Ur 125.00 owed doesn't mean you own the innernets.

umm and why is it any more important not to clutter this thread. It's the innernet. You are lucky if you get out of this thread without being compared to Hitler.

Edited by Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete, 11 January 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#21 The Comedian

The Comedian

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Joined 05-September 09

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

Chereth Downs - Nazi Rock Stars - $225

#22 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:10 AM

Due the clutter in the other thread I thought I would make a thread to be used solely for the purpose of legal proceedings. Once we get a Lawyer to take the case we will need a record of all monies lost. Please don't post anything else in this thread other than info needed to get justice for this unthinkable action on Aquil's part.

Edit: Again, please only post winnings / deposit / legal info in this thread. Please use the main thread for other type of posts. It's very important to not clutter this thread.

also wouldn't it be easier to just multiply the entry fees x the # of people in each league. How is this info not calculable already.

You don't really understand.....think about it :mellow:

- John Facenda

#23 RADCON

RADCON

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 08-December 09

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

Elite Dynasty League-Presidential Suite Payed in an original $150 including deposit. Finished in 3rd place. I'm locked out but I think 3rd was around $250.

#24 Not Sure

Not Sure

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Anything new here? Did you guys hear back from HR or anyone else at his company?

#25 kook178

kook178

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 23-April 04

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Galloping Gnus FOG I Deposits of $125.00

#26 footballguy#1

footballguy#1

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 368 posts
  • Joined 03-January 08

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Anything new here? Did you guys hear back from HR or anyone else at his company?

How do we follow this situation if we're not on facebook? Is there another thread that we missed?

#27 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

Since the other threade was closed, might as well open this one up to more than just posting winnings and deposits. I just don't see what can be done quite frankly. No organization, no Lawyers involved yet, and have I said no organization yet? Also, please don't post any threats or you will get this one closed as well.

Edited by JohnnyU, 18 January 2011 - 02:34 PM.

- John Facenda

#28 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Mods, please be on the lookout for new FBGs, or seldom used alias' posting junk in this thread to get it closed. Couldn't you just delete the post and suspend the poster?

- John Facenda

#29 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

E-mail from Aquil this morning: "F.O.G. I has been paid out, F.O.G. II to be paid out within 2 weeks. Presidential Suite I and II is scheduled to be paid out within 4-5 weeks. Thanks for your cooperation."

#30 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,704 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

E-mail from Aquil this morning: "F.O.G. I has been paid out, F.O.G. II to be paid out within 2 weeks. Presidential Suite I and II is scheduled to be paid out within 4-5 weeks. Thanks for your cooperation."

Interesting... Is this true?

#31 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,704 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

#32 oukurt

oukurt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,098 posts
  • Joined 01-August 03

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

I got my prize winnings for FOG 1 yesterday. Nothing for deposits from either of the 2 leagues though. I sent an email inquiring about depsoits. Has anyone else received deposits back yet?

#33 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

I got my prize winnings for FOG 1 yesterday. Nothing for deposits from either of the 2 leagues though. I sent an email inquiring about depsoits. Has anyone else received deposits back yet?

I would suspect he pays winnings back before deposits, JMO though. It's a start.

#34 oukurt

oukurt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,098 posts
  • Joined 01-August 03

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

I would suspect he pays winnings back before deposits, JMO though. It's a start.

He let me know deposits are not refundable if I don't stay with the league 5 years. Looks like people are screwed there considering most won't return unless LeagueSafe is put into place.

#35 BeTheMatch

BeTheMatch

Let it burn!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Joined 31-January 05

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

He let me know deposits are not refundable if I don't stay with the league 5 years. Looks like people are screwed there considering most won't return unless LeagueSafe is put into place.

Is that some sort of joke? He's responsible for folding all leagues and now won't pay back deposits on them? That is complete BS. So even as he starts to pay some back, he's just openly saying now that he's going to go ahead and keep a lot of what he's already stolen.

#36 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

No way in hell I play in that league again unless someone else is handling the money.

- John Facenda

#37 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

Is that some sort of joke? He's responsible for folding all leagues and now won't pay back deposits on them? That is complete BS. So even as he starts to pay some back, he's just openly saying now that he's going to go ahead and keep a lot of what he's already stolen.

This just ####ed up my morning. This guy just doesn't get it I guess.

#38 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Even though not everyone is a thief, I wouldn't recommend joining more than one league with the same commissioner, who has more than two or three leagues that he or she is the commissioner, especially those that are running a ridiculous number of leagues. That lessons the sting should something happen.

Edited by JohnnyU, 27 January 2011 - 07:18 AM.

- John Facenda

#39 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

Even though not everyone is a thief, I wouldn't recommend joining more than one league with the same commissioner, who has more than two or three leagues that he or she is the commissioner, especially those that are running a ridiculous number of leagues. That lessons the sting should something happen.

Aquil didn't run a "ridiculous" number of leagues when I joined and I was unaware how many he began after Pres I was formed. This is a silly post and I can only imagine what it looked like before you edited. Will you be leaving some of the HyperActive leagues due to this?

#40 JohnnyU

JohnnyU

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,336 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Aquil didn't run a "ridiculous" number of leagues when I joined and I was unaware how many he began after Pres I was formed. This is a silly post and I can only imagine what it looked like before you edited. Will you be leaving some of the HyperActive leagues due to this?

I'm in two HyperActive leagues and probably should only be in one. If I was in 5 of them and felt a little uneasy about the commish, yes, I would drop all but one. But since I'm only in two and feel good about the commish, I'm good for now. By the way, I didn't appreciate your comment about this being a silly post. if you're in 10 leagues with the same commish, you know you're in 10 leagues with the same commish :goodposting: That's pretty much what I was saying. It's not about how many leagues someone is running by itself, it's how many leagues are they running where I'm also a member.

- John Facenda

#41 wdcrob

wdcrob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,752 posts
  • Joined 15-July 06

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Aquil is paying out FOG II - received a note and my winnings today.

Adam Harstad, on 21 Aug 2014: There was no fantasy before the nerds started playing. Who do you think sat around and thought "man, football is great, but I think I'd like it a lot more if two days later I could meticulously tabulate all of the statistics of a predetermined set of players by hand and compare those directly against the statistics of another predetermined set of players assembled by someone else to determine which of us was better able to predict player performances"?

#42 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

Aquil is paying out FOG II - received a note and my winnings today.

:homer:

#43 JohnW1970

JohnW1970

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 06-September 06

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Guy showed up for in 1 of my leagues today for the 1st time in 60 or so days and dropped a couple of players to make a roster limit. Was surprised to say the least.

#44 Eastwood

Eastwood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,630 posts
  • Joined 23-March 10

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

glad to hear this POS is paying out people. But he should never commish a league again.

#45 JohnW1970

JohnW1970

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 06-September 06

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Agreed, I'm not even sure I want to be in the league that he is just a member in.

#46 BeTheMatch

BeTheMatch

Let it burn!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Joined 31-January 05

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

glad to hear this POS is paying out people. But he should never commish a league again.

He's not giving deposits back. I guess he's OK stealing that money.

#47 D'OHtis

D'OHtis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,544 posts
  • Joined 07-October 09

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

He's not giving deposits back. I guess he's OK stealing that money.

Hopefully everyone gets paid in these leagues. He's gotta pass on the commish role and deposits. Surely he's going to fall back on 'well I paid you guys'. However, when you lock owners out because you can't handle the heat, man up and give the role to someone that can. After the numerous payout issues going on, can't imagine anyone playing w/o LeagueSafe anymore.

#48 Sitch

Sitch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 05-January 11

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Has there been any update on this? Last I heard, he paid out PS1 and PS2 was next, but that was a long time ago....

#49 wdcrob

wdcrob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,752 posts
  • Joined 15-July 06

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Just an update that there's been no word, and to my knowledge no additional payouts have been made in the last five or six weeks. So something between maybe $12,000 and $15,000 is outstanding.

#50 Hoss_Cartwright

Hoss_Cartwright

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,862 posts
  • Joined 11-April 08

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

Just an update that there's been no word, and to my knowledge no additional payouts have been made in the last five or six weeks. So something between maybe $12,000 and $15,000 is outstanding.

I just want my $125 back (I know, good luck with that). Pitiful, just plain pitiful.
aka JohnnyU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users