What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (4 Viewers)

How to know you're getting old: you've never heard of SNL's guest host or the musical act. :kicksrock:
You've never heard of Jennifer Lawrence?
He's in for a treat. Fap!
Yeah I've seen the pictures of her butt in a bikini, she's all yours.
She said that was a fake on Letterman, I tend to agree since she's not shaped like that at allI'm sold after Silver Linings Playbook, not a lot of actresses her age can pull off a role ten years older. Hell most of them just play teenagers as long as they can. Overrated movie but she was great. And hot. And perfect. And I'm a dirty old man.
Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately for her those aren't the only ones.
JLaw is more like Frostillicus's last webwife, Emma Stone - she measures up better as a (w)hole-package gal than as a hottie. A lot to like - quick & powerful senses, old soul, chinadoll face, surprising rackage - but more of an ondee mind than an offdee hook object of attraction.
She does have a nice bounce to her step.

Worst SNL in years, and that's saying something.
Not even close. I have to believe that for you to say that, you rarely watch the show. That was actually one of the stronger episodes they have had lately.
I think I've seen almost every Snl over the past 10 years or so. You have to be kidding. Gimme your top 5 skits of all time to gauge your credibility quotient.
SNL watcher is serious about SNL.

This has to be one of, if not THE worst cast they've ever had... and I've seen 'em all starting with Belushi & Co.

This has to be one of, if not THE worst cast they've ever had... and I've seen 'em all starting with Belushi & Co.
agreed, this cast is terrible. Even the only good cast members like Sudeikis are barely part of the cast now. That Moynihan guy is horrible, the Denzel dude can only imitate but has no comedy chops, the fat chick is just fat. Only cast members I like is the new one Mckinion or something (the one who did a perfect Jodie Foster)

I think they leaned so heavily on Wiig the last few seasons that with her gone, they can't fill all the holes. I thought Abby Elliott had a shot at the big-time, but I guess she just kind of faded away. I like Cecily Strong. She had one of the better Weekend Update skits of the year. http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/girl-you-wish-you-hadnt-started-a-conversation-with-at-a-party/1418896/

The cast aint terrible. Sudeikis agreed to come back to be Romney and isnt really a committed part. Hader is brilliant but needs a writing partner. Moynihan, to his credit, has come up with a number of good water-cooler characters for Update but that has given him too prominent a role. Pharoah cant act. Thought Killam might be a star but is looking like an Armisen-type more & more. The new girls look promising (though i'm guessing McKinnon's a ##### to write for), but havent found their legs, so the gender balance is off for the first time in years. The biggest prob is what it has been most of this century - it's run by an old man who no longer has a taste for fights, keeping the all-important combat element of great comedy from being a factor in the only arena where it can instantly hit as a force to keep comedy fresh. We need that now, socially perhaps even more than comedically.

The cast aint terrible. Sudeikis agreed to come back to be Romney and isnt really a committed part. Hader is brilliant but needs a writing partner. Moynihan, to his credit, has come up with a number of good water-cooler characters for Update but that has given him too prominent a role. Pharoah cant act. Thought Killam might be a star but is looking like an Armisen-type more & more. The new girls look promising (though i'm guessing McKinnon's a ##### to write for), but havent found their legs, so the gender balance is off for the first time in years. The biggest prob is what it has been most of this century - it's run by an old man who no longer has a taste for fights, keeping the all-important combat element of great comedy from being a factor in the only arena where it can instantly hit as a force to keep comedy fresh. We need that now, socially perhaps even more than comedically.
I think the writing on this show has been bad for a long time. That's the common denominator.

Taran Killam is one of the most underrated cast members in some time. His range is awesome and he always delivers.

Worst SNL in years, and that's saying something.
Not even close. I have to believe that for you to say that, you rarely watch the show. That was actually one of the stronger episodes they have had lately.
I think I've seen almost every Snl over the past 10 years or so. You have to be kidding. Gimme your top 5 skits of all time to gauge your credibility quotient.
SNL watcher is serious about SNL.
I don't push.

Taran Killam is one of the most underrated cast members in some time. His range is awesome and he always delivers.
Killam, Hader, and Armisen are the current casts' only saving graces. I like Thompson too (but I understand if most don't care for him).

How to know you're getting old: you've never heard of SNL's guest host or the musical act. :kicksrock:
You've never heard of Jennifer Lawrence?
He's in for a treat. Fap!
Yeah I've seen the pictures of her butt in a bikini, she's all yours.
She said that was a fake on Letterman, I tend to agree since she's not shaped like that at allI'm sold after Silver Linings Playbook, not a lot of actresses her age can pull off a role ten years older. Hell most of them just play teenagers as long as they can. Overrated movie but she was great. And hot. And perfect. And I'm a dirty old man.
Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately for her those aren't the only ones.
JLaw is more like Frostillicus's last webwife, Emma Stone - she measures up better as a (w)hole-package gal than as a hottie. A lot to like - quick & powerful senses, old soul, chinadoll face, surprising rackage - but more of an ondee mind than an offdee hook object of attraction.
:hifive:Yeah, you get it.

Him or Hader should be in every skit. Snl has been the same for many years, couple good skits mixed in with absolute crap. Next week somebody will come in and post "worst episode in years" and it'll be just as good or bad as most episode for the last 2 decades. Hathaway episode was one of the better ones recently. Weekend update kills and Bobby M characters during it have become pretty funny. His skit with him being an astronaut and loving cats, I thought it was damn funny. You know whats been great about the show lately, no Kristen Wiig. Same 5 characters played out in any skit she was in, make the awkward face, stare into camera, somehow become the greatest female ever on the show. IMO it's been better since she left. I'd like to hear some other opinions on how the shows been since she left.

I liked the guy on weekend update this past weekend. Got the nsmes wrong and was nervous. What's his name?

Killam is spot-on talented, but i hesitate to put him with the greats yet because, unlike the best of SNL's manner actors like Hartman, Poehler & Hader, he doesnt find the core of his characters well enough to rise above his flourishes. It's going to take more to advance beyond other top creepies like Kattan, Forte & Armisen.

I liked the guy on weekend update this past weekend. Got the nsmes wrong and was nervous. What's his name?
That's Moynihan -- dude's one of the least versatile members of the current cast. Particularly excruciating when he does "white guy speaking in black guy voice."

Saw parts of a couple of skits last Saturday- first time watching the show in years. What I saw was horrible. Even the live audience seemed to be waiting for some sign of actual humor and sat silently throughout. I like Jennifer Lawrence fine- she'll get a multi-pass from me for her work in Winter's Bone, but she didn't seem up to this.

'wikkidpissah said:
Killam is spot-on talented, but i hesitate to put him with the greats yet because, unlike the best of SNL's manner actors like Hartman, Poehler & Hader, he doesnt find the core of his characters well enough to rise above his flourishes. It's going to take more to advance beyond other top creepies like Kattan, Forte & Armisen.
You really comparing Killam to Chris Kattan? Come on.

'Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
I like Keenan Thompson too. Particularly MC French. Zut alors!

I even like What's Up With That.
He's horrible. What's Up With That is funny, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Thompson.

wtf, are we watching the same show? Since when was Killam this laugh out loud actor you guys are making him to be? Only stars in this cast are Hader and Sudeikis (if he's still in cast) and the Mckinion chick

The worst thing about this show, like forever, is the actors STARING at the cue cards which are often in the complete opposite direction of the person they're speaking to. The guest hosts are the worst offenders, but the regular cast members are guilty of this as well.

How f***ing hard is it to remember a few lines???

Tony and Paulie weren't even in high school at the same time. That Paulie impression was bad. I laughed at the gay firefighter skit. Why did they even bring on that huge chick to the cast. She's not in anything and they took away the awkwardly hot, Abby Elliott. Adam Levine has always been, in my mind, the leader singer of Maroon 5, nothing more nothing less. Those tats he had made him captain DBag.

Does anyone really care about the "live" aspect of the show? Why not scrap it and use all the talent to do a show in the Chapelle mold. Seems like most of the SNL skits that gain attention are one that are taped anyway. Charlie Brown and Lincoln skits this year comes to mind. Samberg's digital shorts. Do the whole show like that. Lot more freedom. Why restrict yourself so one timezone can see it live. Perhaps just have more taped skits and keep the opening/monologue, weekend update and musical acts "live."

Also don't understand why the cast is so small. If someone out there does a good/timely impression bring them in to do it that week. Instead they assign it to a cast member who does it whether it is good or not. How many times do we have to see Keenan Thompson do an awful impression? Need an Angelie Jolie or Kirsten Dunst that week. Fly in Abbie Elliot. The exposure alone makes it worthwhile for most of these people. Would cost a plane ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread