What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] WR Rankings (1 Viewer)

J-Dawg

Footballguy
So, I've never put out my own personal rankings on this board before but I guess there's a first time for everything. This is based on standard scoring since those are the types of leagues I participate in, these aren't PPR rankings. Hopefully you find it a good read, I don't expect everybody to agree with everything however so I'm curious about comments. Let me know what you think.

TIER 1

1. Calvin Johnson

Proved this season he can produce with anybody under center. Unquestioned #1 WR.

2. Hakeem Nicks

A TD machine and only getting better at just 23 years of age. Hasn't even reached full potential yet, scary thought.

3. Andre Johnson

Injuries starting to cause some minor concern. Nearing 30 bumps him behind Nicks.

4. Roddy White

Simply one of the most consistent WRs, you can always expect a good season out of Roddy.

TIER 2

5. Dwayne Bowe

His disappearing act in games this year keeps him out of the top tier. Still a quality WR1 talent however.

6. Mike Wallace

Speed kills. Will only get better as Hines Ward is slowly phased out of the offence. If your league gives bonus points for TD length, Wallace is even more valuable.

7. Dez Bryant

Flashed enormous potential in limited action this year. Should emerge as a top 10 WR in 2011.

8. Greg Jennings

The return of Finley next year bumps him down. As does his up-and-down seasonal totals.

TIER 3

9. Vincent Jackson

Never been a huge believer because his TD numbers are never high, but he's got the talent to produce more than he has.

10. Larry Fitzgerald

Spotty QB play and the rise of the younger guys moves Fitz down. Still a top 10 WR but not the lock solid stud of previous years.

11. DeSean Jackson

Vick spreads the ball around too much to make him a true WR1 and Jackson's TD numbers are never guaranteed.

12. Miles Austin

Bryant's rise means that Austin is forced to take a somewhat lesser role and thus a lower ranking.

13. Mike Williams (TB)

Needs to avoid a sophomore slump before he can be moved up higher.

14. Jeremy Maclin

Could emerge as the better pick between him and DeSean. I would much rather draft Maclin a round later and get similar production.

TIER 4

15. Marques Colston

Way too inconsistent and too many weapons means his week-to-week numbers can be frustrating. A WR2 in fantasy.

16. Kenny Britt

Who will be throwing him the ball? Character concerns are a bit of an issue as well.

17. Santonio Holmes

Can't argue with his numbers through much of the season. If Edwards and/or Cotchery leaves, it will mean more targets for Holmes.

18. Michael Crabtree

Not ready to give up on this guy just yet. If Harbaugh can bring some creativity to the offence and they get a competent QB, Crabtree could finally breakout.

19. Percy Harvin

Migraines, Rice and questions at QB limit Percy's upside. Love the talent, dislike the situation.

20. Steve Johnson

Prone to mental lapses and I need to see it again before I'm completely on the bandwagon.

TIER 5

21. Reggie Wayne

Age and it's signs starting to show means that Reggie is no longer the elite WR we're used to.

22. Brandon Marshall

Production took a huge dip this year. Offence in shambles and no help at QB saps his value and talent.

23. Mario Manningham

Great season, I'm tempted to move him higher, especially if Steve Smith doesn't respond well to surgery next season.

24. Sidney Rice

To date only has one great season. Was it Rice or was it Favre?

25. Johnny Knox

Not enough receptions or TDs. Still young enough however to post a good season and end up in the top 15-20 but I would look for safer options before betting on Knox.

26. Wes Welker

Numbers took a massive nosedive this year but looks to be 100%. Has a chance to return to form but I'd let somebody else gamble on him.

27. Brandon Lloyd

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

TIER 6

28. Santana Moss

Posted a great year with 93 catches, over 1100 yards and a decent 6 TDs. Being on the wrong side of 30, Washington's QB situation and his contract status keep his ranking low.

29. Pierre Garcon

Came on strong down the stretch but drops a lot of balls. Boom-or-bust type of pick here.

30. Mike Thomas

Very underrated. As sure-handed as they come and has some ability rushing the football too. Could emerge as the Jags' #1 next year.

31. Jerome Simpson

Had a couple of nice games at the end of 2010. Enough to get him noticed, not enough to put a ton of faith in though, somebody to watch during the off-season.

32. Austin Collie

Concussions are a huge concern. Status for 2011 is cloudy but produced some solid games this year when he played.

33. Braylon Edwards

Had a much better season than most expected. Where will he be in 2011?

34. Anquan Boldin

Started the year with some good games but had a disastrous stretch run and playoff and fell off the fantasy map.

35. Demaryius Thomas

John Fox appears to be bringing his conservative passing "attack" philosophy with him to Denver with fewer 3 WR sets. With Tebow still developing as well, it's tough to rank him any higher.

TIER 7

36. Danario Alexander

37. James Jones

38. Steve Smith (NYG)

39. Arrelious Benn

40. Mark Clayton

41. Malcom Floyd

42. Emmanuel Sanders

43. Davone Bess

44. Chad Ochocinco

45. Jacoby Ford

46. Mike Sims-Walker

47. Robert Meachem

48. Randy Moss

49. Terrell Owens

TIER 8

50. Hines Ward

51. Jordy Nelson

52. Louis Murphy

53. Seyi Ajirotutu

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

55. Lance Moore

56. Mike Williams (SEA)

57. Golden Tate

58. Deon Butler

59. Nate Washington

60. Nate Burleson

Nice list w/ some bold picks thrown in. Didn't expect ot see Manningham that high at 23.

Boldin sucked at times this yr. but I don't think you can justify ranking Jerome Simpson above him, can you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice list w/ some bold picks thrown in. Didn't expect ot see Manningham that high at 23.

Boldin sucked at times this yr. but I don't think you can justify ranking Jerome Simpson above him, can you?
The Bengals will probably be passing a lot next year and with Ocho and T.O. gone then there's a starting spot up for grabs. I like Simpson's upside. You kinda know what you're getting from Boldin at this point and Baltimore isn't that dangerous in the passing game. He's 30, has quite a bit of mileage on him as well as injury concerns. That, coupled with his disappearing act this season makes him untrustworthy IMO. I'd rather roll the dice on Simpson.

I think Clayton is too high at #40 and Mike X is too low at #56. Nice first shot at the list.
I will likely move Clayton down quite a bit because I expect the Rams to draft a WR high this year. But, as it stands now, Clayton and DX have the inside track to be the Rams starting WRs (again, I expect that to change). With McDaniels on board and Bradford's talent, I think the Rams offence will produce and if Clayton starts, he'll put up good numbers like he did at the start of the year. For BMW, I wanted to rank him higher, I just couldn't justify it. He's too slow to out-run people, and he only scored 2 TDs this year. The Seahawks' offence is really bad and I don't think BMW will be a starter there long term. I like BMW as an NFL player but I'm not particularly excited about him for fantasy purposes.

Good list,

My only "gripe" is Fitzgerald at 10.

Calvin gets #1 for "proving he can produce with anyone under center"

(finished WR6 in my league 77/1120/12TDs)

While Fitzgerald gets knocked to Tier 3 and #10 with a reason being "spotty QB play"

(while he finished WR11 in my league with 90/1137/6TD's)

Fitz is only 2 years older and played on a squad with vastly inferior offensive weapons, and he still managed to haul 90 receptions.

IMO this was Fitz's floor type season, and he still managed to put up top 10 #'s in PPR leagues.

I am not certain Calvin's floor type seasons will be 90 rec/1100yds

Good list, My only "gripe" is Fitzgerald at 10.Calvin gets #1 for "proving he can produce with anyone under center" (finished WR6 in my league 77/1120/12TDs)While Fitzgerald gets knocked to Tier 3 and #10 with a reason being "spotty QB play" (while he finished WR11 in my league with 90/1137/6TD's)Fitz is only 2 years older and played on a squad with vastly inferior offensive weapons, and he still managed to haul 90 receptions.IMO this was Fitz's floor type season, and he still managed to put up top 10 #'s in PPR leagues.I am not certain Calvin's floor type seasons will be 90 rec/1100yds
:thumbup: I agree.

Nice effort. However, I think tier 1 is Fitz, AJ and Calvin. You could include Roddy White as well, because he's been so consistently good. But those are the most talented WRs in the game.

Nicks had a great year no doubt, and so did Bowe. I just think they are each a tier too high. Bowe faced the easiest schedule vs the pass ever created, and when he did play good CBs he by and large struggled. Nicks just doesn't have the skill set of the guys in tier 1, and I think that will prove to be true in terms of his stats going forward.

Good list,

While Fitzgerald gets knocked to Tier 3 and #10 with a reason being "spotty QB play"

Fitz is only 2 years older and played on a squad with vastly inferior offensive weapons, and he still managed to haul 90 receptions.

IMO this was Fitz's floor type season, and he still managed to put up top 10 #'s in PPR leagues.

This is based on standard scoring since those are the types of leagues I participate in, these aren't PPR rankings.

Nice effort. However, I think tier 1 is Fitz, AJ and Calvin. You could include Roddy White as well, because he's been so consistently good. But those are the most talented WRs in the game. Nicks had a great year no doubt, and so did Bowe. I just think they are each a tier too high. Bowe faced the easiest schedule vs the pass ever created, and when he did play good CBs he by and large struggled. Nicks just doesn't have the skill set of the guys in tier 1, and I think that will prove to be true in terms of his stats going forward.
For PPR, Nicks skill set is second to none (except Calvin). Plus the situation with Manning at QB looks solid for the next several yrs.

Sidney Rice is 24 becuase of he has had only one good season, yet he is behind players that have yet to have a good season?

He is legit. He had a monster season, and was one of the best players in the playoffs last year, not just WRs.

If I could trade Mario Manningham for Sidney Rice... :thumbup:

Nice effort. However, I think tier 1 is Fitz, AJ and Calvin. You could include Roddy White as well, because he's been so consistently good. But those are the most talented WRs in the game. Nicks had a great year no doubt, and so did Bowe. I just think they are each a tier too high. Bowe faced the easiest schedule vs the pass ever created, and when he did play good CBs he by and large struggled. Nicks just doesn't have the skill set of the guys in tier 1, and I think that will prove to be true in terms of his stats going forward.
For PPR, Nicks skill set is second to none (except Calvin). Plus the situation with Manning at QB looks solid for the next several yrs.
I agree that Nicks is a top 5 in either PPR or non PPR.. And btw J-Dawg, you did a nice job!!

Fitz is definitely tier 1. James Jones needs to be higher on potential alone. If he stays in GB as the WR2 next year, watch out. That option alone makes him higher on the dynasty ladder alone. Rodgers said he is the most talented WR he has ever played with. A few hours on the juggs machine in the off-season and he can cure some of the dropsies - his only flaw.

Thank you guys for the comments, I appreciate it.

The reason I ranked Fitz lower is mostly due to the uncertainty Arizona has with their QB situation. Who's going to start? All of the guys I have ranked above Fitz already have stable situations at QB and as we've seen time and time again, a lousy QB can make even the best WRs fail to live up to expectations. It's true that Fitz showed how good he is by posting the numbers that he did with the crap that Arizona started at QB this year, but not knowing if that will be improved upon at all makes me hesitant to rank him higher. On talent alone, yes, he'd be tier 1, but his situation makes it tougher to rank him as such...at least right now. Once a better picture develops and we know more about the Cardinals' offence then Fitz will likely rise.

Concept Coop said:
Sidney Rice is 24 becuase of he has had only one good season, yet he is behind players that have yet to have a good season?

He is legit. He had a monster season, and was one of the best players in the playoffs last year, not just WRs.

If I could trade Mario Manningham for Sidney Rice... :sadbanana:
Good list overall, imo, but I agree that Rice is much too low- if more people are ranking him like this, this offseason could be an epic buying opportunity.
Fitz is definitely tier 1. James Jones needs to be higher on potential alone. If he stays in GB as the WR2 next year, watch out. That option alone makes him higher on the dynasty ladder alone. Rodgers said he is the most talented WR he has ever played with. A few hours on the juggs machine in the off-season and he can cure some of the dropsies - his only flaw.
Hands are a talent, like anything else. If it was this easy to learn to to catch the ball at an NFL level, James Jones/DHB/et al would probably have put in the "couple of hours" by now.

Thank you guys for the comments, I appreciate it. The reason I ranked Fitz lower is mostly due to the uncertainty Arizona has with their QB situation. Who's going to start? All of the guys I have ranked above Fitz already have stable situations at QB and as we've seen time and time again, a lousy QB can make even the best WRs fail to live up to expectations. It's true that Fitz showed how good he is by posting the numbers that he did with the crap that Arizona started at QB this year, but not knowing if that will be improved upon at all makes me hesitant to rank him higher. On talent alone, yes, he'd be tier 1, but his situation makes it tougher to rank him as such...at least right now. Once a better picture develops and we know more about the Cardinals' offence then Fitz will likely rise.
I have to imagine Fitz is at least dangled on the trade market this year as he is a free agent with no ability to franchise/transition tag (if it exists) next year.

Concept Coop said:

If I could trade Mario Manningham for Sidney Rice... :thumbdown:
Good list overall, imo, but I agree that Rice is much too low- if more people are ranking him like this, this offseason could be an epic buying opportunity.
Hands are a talent, like anything else. If it was this easy to learn to to catch the ball at an NFL level, James Jones/DHB/et al would probably have put in the "couple of hours" by now.
outstanding post - guys overrationalize and think that their favorite players' flaws can be fixed - some can be - some can't . . .

----------------------------------

Dez is too high IMO. His bandagon is overflowing, but the comments surrounding his non-trade are a little concerning. Rumors of his coddling and his less than ideal work ethic does not bode well for a guy that had multiple character issues coming into the NFL. Those incidents were the reason that he dropped in the draft in the first place . . .

Marshalll WAAAYYYYY too low. Guy gets 1000 yard seasons in his sleep. The only reason his production looks like it dipped is because he scored an abnormally low number of touchdowns. His receptions and yardage were roughly on par with the past two years.

Marshalll WAAAYYYYY too low. Guy gets 1000 yard seasons in his sleep. The only reason his production looks like it dipped is because he scored an abnormally low number of touchdowns. His receptions and yardage were roughly on par with the past two years.
He was also injured for a few games. Paired with the right QB he has Tier1 upside.

Solid list...very nice work here.

The thing that is alwasy tough with dynasty lists is how do you rank guys like TO and Wayne compared to guys like DJax or Austin. What I mean is, for the most part, you can rank Austin and DJax based on talent, but they naturally creep higher in the rankings in a dynatsy format as you have that talent for an extended period of time. Whereas guys like TO or Wayne might certainly be a top 20 WR next season, but what of 2012? Not to mention 2012, 2013, etc.

I think you did a very nice job of ranking them trying to balance those factors. At first my reaction to Wayne was "Out of the top 20?!" - but as he will likely finish top 20 next year, after that and going forward he could see a steep decline (if he hasn't already).

I also agree with the way you have combined talent and production. Specifically Roddy White in tier 1. Too often dynasty rankings look like a "talent ranking" - but the rankings also need to include a certain "rubber meets the road" mentality, as in the end, all you get points for is production. That is to say, that guys like Roddy or Nicks might not seem on the surface to be as talented as AJ, Calvin (or even guys ranked below them like VJax or Fitz) - but the fact is they are producing at very high levels and their situation is stable (i.e. there is no reason to expect their numbers to drop drastically).

A strong :shock:

Brandon Lloyd at 27 is way too low. He's arrived. He routinely had huge games.
Not to get a Packer-backer's ire up this week, but I have to strongly disagree. First off, he hasn't "arrived" - he had a career year. This was his 8th year in the league. He had 1400 receiving yards - almost double any other season he has had. He had 11 TDs - he had 15 in his previous 7 seasons combined.

Second, this is a dynasty ranking - he will turn 30 before the start of next season. 8 seasons, and only one 1000 yard season, only one with 50+ receptions...sorry, this screams "outlier" - not "arrived".

Not to get a Packer-backer's ire up this week, but I have to strongly disagree. First off, he hasn't "arrived" - he had a career year. This was his 8th year in the league. He had 1400 receiving yards - almost double any other season he has had. He had 11 TDs - he had 15 in his previous 7 seasons combined.

Second, this is a dynasty ranking - he will turn 30 before the start of next season. 8 seasons, and only one 1000 yard season, only one with 50+ receptions...sorry, this screams "outlier" - not "arrived".
Ok, well thirty is prime time for receivers. Also he was an outlier almost every single week. You should look up Matt Waldman's analysis on him, you might change your mind. He's an ideal buy low (despite him finishing as the #2 receiver last season).

If healthy, Finley is the #2 I imagine

Ok, well thirty is prime time for receivers. Also he was an outlier almost every single week. You should look up Matt Waldman's analysis on him, you might change your mind. He's an ideal buy low (despite him finishing as the #2 receiver last season).
That team just took on a whole new persona.... I'm expecting a huge drop in production from Lloyd

J-Dawg said:
eraclansing said:

The Bengals will probably be passing a lot next year and with Ocho and T.O. gone then there's a starting spot up for grabs. I like Simpson's upside. You kinda know what you're getting from Boldin at this point and Baltimore isn't that dangerous in the passing game. He's 30, has quite a bit of mileage on him as well as injury concerns. That, coupled with his disappearing act this season makes him untrustworthy IMO. I'd rather roll the dice on Simpson.
no gurantee Chad is gone. Bengals already picked up his option for 2011-2012. Considering how Cheap owner Mike Brown is, only way Chad leaves is via a trade

J-Dawg said:
SpineDoc said:
I think Clayton is too high at #40 and Mike X is too low at #56. Nice first shot at the list.
I will likely move Clayton down quite a bit because I expect the Rams to draft a WR high this year. But, as it stands now, Clayton and DX have the inside track to be the Rams starting WRs (again, I expect that to change). With McDaniels on board and Bradford's talent, I think the Rams offence will produce and if Clayton starts, he'll put up good numbers like he did at the start of the year. For BMW, I wanted to rank him higher, I just couldn't justify it. He's too slow to out-run people, and he only scored 2 TDs this year. The Seahawks' offence is really bad and I don't think BMW will be a starter there long term. I like BMW as an NFL player but I'm not particularly excited about him for fantasy purposes.
BMW is obviously a better PPR guy. He had a ton of targets this season. If Hasselbeck is back, I think BMW belongs in the 30 to 35 range.

J-Dawg said:
So, I've never put out my own personal rankings on this board before but I guess there's a first time for everything. This is based on standard scoring since those are the types of leagues I participate in, these aren't PPR rankings. Hopefully you find it a good read, I don't expect everybody to agree with everything however so I'm curious about comments. Let me know what you think.

TIER 1

1. Calvin Johnson

Proved this season he can produce with anybody under center. Unquestioned #1 WR.

2. Hakeem Nicks

A TD machine and only getting better at just 23 years of age. Hasn't even reached full potential yet, scary thought.

3. Andre Johnson

Injuries starting to cause some minor concern. Nearing 30 bumps him behind Nicks.

4. Roddy White

Simply one of the most consistent WRs, you can always expect a good season out of Roddy.

TIER 2

5. Dwayne Bowe

His disappearing act in games this year keeps him out of the top tier. Still a quality WR1 talent however.

6. Mike Wallace

Speed kills. Will only get better as Hines Ward is slowly phased out of the offence. If your league gives bonus points for TD length, Wallace is even more valuable.

7. Dez Bryant

Flashed enormous potential in limited action this year. Should emerge as a top 10 WR in 2011.

8. Greg Jennings

The return of Finley next year bumps him down. As does his up-and-down seasonal totals.

TIER 3

9. Vincent Jackson

Never been a huge believer because his TD numbers are never high, but he's got the talent to produce more than he has.

10. Larry Fitzgerald

Spotty QB play and the rise of the younger guys moves Fitz down. Still a top 10 WR but not the lock solid stud of previous years.

11. DeSean Jackson

Vick spreads the ball around too much to make him a true WR1 and Jackson's TD numbers are never guaranteed.

12. Miles Austin

Bryant's rise means that Austin is forced to take a somewhat lesser role and thus a lower ranking.

13. Mike Williams (TB)

14. Jeremy Maclin

Could emerge as the better pick between him and DeSean. I would much rather draft Maclin a round later and get similar production.

TIER 4

15. Marques Colston

Way too inconsistent and too many weapons means his week-to-week numbers can be frustrating. A WR2 in fantasy.

16. Kenny Britt

Who will be throwing him the ball? Character concerns are a bit of an issue as well.

17. Santonio Holmes

Can't argue with his numbers through much of the season. If Edwards and/or Cotchery leaves, it will mean more targets for Holmes.

18. Michael Crabtree

Not ready to give up on this guy just yet. If Harbaugh can bring some creativity to the offence and they get a competent QB, Crabtree could finally breakout.

19. Percy Harvin

Migraines, Rice and questions at QB limit Percy's upside. Love the talent, dislike the situation.

20. Steve Johnson

Prone to mental lapses and I need to see it again before I'm completely on the bandwagon.

TIER 5

21. Reggie Wayne

Age and it's signs starting to show means that Reggie is no longer the elite WR we're used to.

22. Brandon Marshall

Production took a huge dip this year. Offence in shambles and no help at QB saps his value and talent.

23. Mario Manningham

Great season, I'm tempted to move him higher, especially if Steve Smith doesn't respond well to surgery next season.

24. Sidney Rice

25. Johnny Knox

Not enough receptions or TDs. Still young enough however to post a good season and end up in the top 15-20 but I would look for safer options before betting on Knox.

26. Wes Welker

Numbers took a massive nosedive this year but looks to be 100%. Has a chance to return to form but I'd let somebody else gamble on him.

27. Brandon Lloyd

TIER 6

28. Santana Moss

Posted a great year with 93 catches, over 1100 yards and a decent 6 TDs. Being on the wrong side of 30, Washington's QB situation and his contract status keep his ranking low.

29. Pierre Garcon

Came on strong down the stretch but drops a lot of balls. Boom-or-bust type of pick here.

30. Mike Thomas

Very underrated. As sure-handed as they come and has some ability rushing the football too. Could emerge as the Jags' #1 next year.

31. Jerome Simpson

Had a couple of nice games at the end of 2010. Enough to get him noticed, not enough to put a ton of faith in though, somebody to watch during the off-season.

32. Austin Collie

Concussions are a huge concern. Status for 2011 is cloudy but produced some solid games this year when he played.

33. Braylon Edwards

34. Anquan Boldin

Started the year with some good games but had a disastrous stretch run and playoff and fell off the fantasy map.

35. Demaryius Thomas

John Fox appears to be bringing his conservative passing "attack" philosophy with him to Denver with fewer 3 WR sets. With Tebow still developing as well, it's tough to rank him any higher.

TIER 7

36. Danario Alexander

37. James Jones

38. Steve Smith (NYG)

39. Arrelious Benn

40. Mark Clayton

41. Malcom Floyd

42. Emmanuel Sanders

43. Davone Bess

44. Chad Ochocinco

45. Jacoby Ford

46. Mike Sims-Walker

47. Robert Meachem

48. Randy Moss

49. Terrell Owens

TIER 8

50. Hines Ward

51. Jordy Nelson

52. Louis Murphy

53. Seyi Ajirotutu

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

55. Lance Moore

56. Mike Williams (SEA)

57. Golden Tate

58. Deon Butler

59. Nate Washington

60. Nate Burleson
Is it just me, but does your tier 3 look better than your tier 2? If i had my pick, I'd have to take the entire tier 3 over 2 right now. Dez Bryant is a stud, and I would keep him in tier 2 due to age, but Fitz jumps to tier 1 immediately. He is an elite talent still pretty young for a WR. There aren't many WRs i'd pick over Fitz.

I think you have Nicks too high, he should be in tier 2 as well as Roddy due to age. How in the world is Mike Wallace ahead of Desean Jackson if "speed kills?"

But i think the craziest ranking is having Seattle Mike Williams one spot away from Golden Tate, lol. Mike Williams is an elite WR in this league and he broke out this year. Just turned 27 a few weeks ago and played after sitting out for 2 years. You will see some major improvement and to have him in the last tier is a joke. I would take Seattle Mike Williams over Tampa Mike Williams, an you have Tampa Mike in like the 3rd tier (with Fitz no less, lol).

J-Dawg said:

TIER 1

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Hakeem Nicks

3. Andre Johnson

4. Roddy White

TIER 2

5. Dwayne Bowe

6. Mike Wallace

7. Dez Bryant

8. Greg Jennings

TIER 3

9. Vincent Jackson

10. Larry Fitzgerald

11. DeSean Jackson

12. Miles Austin

13. Mike Williams (TB)

14. Jeremy Maclin

TIER 4

15. Marques Colston

16. Kenny Britt

17. Santonio Holmes

18. Michael Crabtree

19. Percy Harvin

20. Steve Johnson

TIER 5

21. Reggie Wayne

22. Brandon Marshall

23. Mario Manningham

24. Sidney Rice

25. Johnny Knox

26. Wes Welker

27. Brandon Lloyd

TIER 6

28. Santana Moss

29. Pierre Garcon

30. Mike Thomas

31. Jerome Simpson

32. Austin Collie

33. Braylon Edwards

34. Anquan Boldin

35. Demaryius Thomas

TIER 7

36. Danario Alexander

37. James Jones

38. Steve Smith (NYG)

39. Arrelious Benn

40. Mark Clayton

41. Malcom Floyd

42. Emmanuel Sanders

43. Davone Bess

44. Chad Ochocinco

45. Jacoby Ford

46. Mike Sims-Walker

47. Robert Meachem

48. Randy Moss

49. Terrell Owens

TIER 8

50. Hines Ward

51. Jordy Nelson

52. Louis Murphy

53. Seyi Ajirotutu

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

55. Lance Moore

56. Mike Williams (SEA)

57. Golden Tate

58. Deon Butler

59. Nate Washington

60. Nate Burleson
Is it just me, but does your tier 3 look better than your tier 2? If i had my pick, I'd have to take the entire tier 3 over 2 right now. Dez Bryant is a stud, and I would keep him in tier 2 due to age, but Fitz jumps to tier 1 immediately. He is an elite talent still pretty young for a WR. There aren't many WRs i'd pick over Fitz.

I think you have Nicks too high, he should be in tier 2 as well as Roddy due to age. How in the world is Mike Wallace ahead of Desean Jackson if "speed kills?"

But i think the craziest ranking is having Seattle Mike Williams one spot away from Golden Tate, lol. Mike Williams is an elite WR in this league and he broke out this year. Just turned 27 a few weeks ago and played after sitting out for 2 years. You will see some major improvement and to have him in the last tier is a joke. I would take Seattle Mike Williams over Tampa Mike Williams, an you have Tampa Mike in like the 3rd tier (with Fitz no less, lol).
Calling Mike Williams (SEA) an elite wr is a joke. As the Chicago game proved (specifically how they played him the first half) if you jam him at the line of scrimmage he can be taken out of the game. The only thing elite about him is his size. As other weapons develop in Seattle I actually expect his numbers to decrease.

You favor young guys with in some cases only a year of elite production and that I think is a mistake, but can't fault you as many people see it like you.

21. Reggie Wayne

He had a career year in catches. Obviously I can't agrue age, I guess I just didn't see the slow down.

I cant stand Marshall but hes way too low. The fact he was able to put up 86rec 1014yds in that offense while missing a couple of games speaks loudly to how talented he is. Fitzgerald is too low as well IMO. Id have him #1 or #2.

First, very good list and kudos for the effort.

I only saw one issue:

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

Even if the Panthers stick with Clausen, and I doubt that they won't make some sort of move to acquire a legit vet to push him or take over as the starter, I simply would never bet against Steve Smith.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him down in the 54th slot in any WR ranking system.

That is the only issue that leapt out at me.

Other than that, good list.

King of the Jungle said:
Calling Mike Williams (SEA) an elite wr is a joke. As the Chicago game proved (specifically how they played him the first half) if you jam him at the line of scrimmage he can be taken out of the game. The only thing elite about him is his size. As other weapons develop in Seattle I actually expect his numbers to decrease.
I disagree. I think Williams could be a WR2 next year. As you said, he has elite size, and is very athletic for his size. He is fluid and has the raw tools to be very good. I do question his drive, even still, and his hands or concentration need work. Even if that never develops, which would not be a surprise for a guy his age, he can be a solid starting WR in the NFL and have a fantasy impact. How much more talented are guys like Colston than Williams. I say not much, if at all.EDIT: Please note that I agree he is not elite and he didn't exactly "break out". His injury slowed him when it looked like he could, however.

humpback said:
comfortably numb said:
Good list,

This is based on standard scoring since those are the types of leagues I participate in, these aren't PPR rankings.
I did miss that in the OP, but I would not knock him in non PPR leagues either.It's not like he is Welker and relies on PPR to raise his value.

He's arrived, but McDaniels has left?Hard to believe a light bulb just finally went off. You need a pass fest OC to feature him with good plays and a descent long baller throwing to him.

plyka said:
J-Dawg said:

TIER 1

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Hakeem Nicks

3. Andre Johnson

4. Roddy White

TIER 2

5. Dwayne Bowe

6. Mike Wallace

7. Dez Bryant

8. Greg Jennings

TIER 3

9. Vincent Jackson

10. Larry Fitzgerald

11. DeSean Jackson

12. Miles Austin

13. Mike Williams (TB)

14. Jeremy Maclin

TIER 4

15. Marques Colston

16. Kenny Britt

17. Santonio Holmes

18. Michael Crabtree

19. Percy Harvin

20. Steve Johnson

TIER 5

21. Reggie Wayne

22. Brandon Marshall

23. Mario Manningham

24. Sidney Rice

25. Johnny Knox

26. Wes Welker

27. Brandon Lloyd

TIER 6

28. Santana Moss

29. Pierre Garcon

30. Mike Thomas

31. Jerome Simpson

32. Austin Collie

33. Braylon Edwards

34. Anquan Boldin

35. Demaryius Thomas

TIER 7

36. Danario Alexander

37. James Jones

38. Steve Smith (NYG)

39. Arrelious Benn

40. Mark Clayton

41. Malcom Floyd

42. Emmanuel Sanders

43. Davone Bess

44. Chad Ochocinco

45. Jacoby Ford

46. Mike Sims-Walker

47. Robert Meachem

48. Randy Moss

49. Terrell Owens

TIER 8

50. Hines Ward

51. Jordy Nelson

52. Louis Murphy

53. Seyi Ajirotutu

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

55. Lance Moore

56. Mike Williams (SEA)

57. Golden Tate

58. Deon Butler

59. Nate Washington

60. Nate Burleson

Tampa Mike and Fitz in the same tier is not nearly as crazy as having Seattle MW ahead of Tampa MW.

I do agree that Desean should be ahead of Wallace though.

Not a bad list, one thing that sticks out is having Manningham ahead of Sidney Rice. Was it Rice or Favre? How did Favre do without Rice this past season? As long as Joe Webb isnt the starter, Rice is a #1 FF WR. Sure, he has only had one great season, but that is one more than Manningham has had, and Rice is younger.

Another thing is not having Avery on the list. Alot of people are missing the boat on him.

I only saw one issue:

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

Even if the Panthers stick with Clausen, and I doubt that they won't make some sort of move to acquire a legit vet to push him or take over as the starter, I simply would never bet against Steve Smith.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him down in the 54th slot in any WR ranking system.

Yet you would have been successful betting against Steve Smith this season, in an almost identical situation to what he will likely face next year.

I only saw one issue:

54. Steve Smith (CAR)

Yet you would have been successful betting against Steve Smith this season, in an almost identical situation to what he will likely face next year.
This is the first season in memory where Steve Smith has completely cleaned out his locker at the end of the season. In seasons past he has always left some belongings behind during the off season... This could be nothing or it could be a sign of things to come. I expect SS will be with another team for 2011. That may not be any better for his stats but certainly couldn't be worse. SS has a better outlook if he leaves.. IMO

Go Deep, what's your reasoning for being so high on Avery these days? It seems to me that he's always injured; plus, Stl. Louis is going to draft a #1 WR this year in every mock I've seen.

Go Deep, what's your reasoning for being so high on Avery these days? It seems to me that he's always injured; plus, Stl. Louis is going to draft a #1 WR this year in every mock I've seen.
My guess would be having a QB like Sam Bradford and an OC like Josh McDaniels. I'm still high on Avery myself and hope he comes back just fine from his ACL tear. Injuries are a bit of a concern but he could definitely put up WR2 numbers in that offense imo.

My guess would be having a QB like Sam Bradford and an OC like Josh McDaniels. I'm still high on Avery myself and hope he comes back just fine from his ACL tear. Injuries are a bit of a concern but he could definitely put up WR2 numbers in that offense imo.
Avery has a lot of competition already on that roster, not to mention if the Rams take a wr early in the draft.AmendolaAlexanderClaytonAveryRobinsonGilyardGibson

What I'd change to those rankings would be:

Higher:

Fitz

R. Wayne

BMarsh

Sid Rice

S. Smith (CAR)

Lower:

Dez

DBowe

Mark Clayton

Players I would have in the top 60:

D. Avery

Breaston

Jacoby Jones

Over:

Nate Washington

Randy Moss

Deon Butler

One thing I think that does hurt DBowe also is the lack of having Charlie Weiss calling plays now. I don't think it will hurt him all too bad, but I think it does downgrade him just a bit.

Unless the Rams take a WR with their first pick, Avery will be their highest drafted WR. He was the first WR taken in the 2008 draft with the first pick in the 2nd round. After a pretty good rookie season his numbers dropped a bit in his 2nd year due to injuries and terrible QB play. The Rams drafted Bradford last year and it finally looked like Avery was going to get a shot to prove why he was the first WR taken in the draft. The two were in sync during the preseason and things were looking pretty good until Avery tore his ACL.Assuming he is 100% healthy, which i have to assume since he was already running during this past season, i fully believe he will either be the Rams #1 or 2 WR. If Brandon Lloyd can come out of nowehere to be the #1 FF WR this season at 29 with Mcdaniels and Orton, Avery should be able to have a big season at 27 with Mcdaniels and Bradford. I am not at all concerned about any of the other Rams WR's, if Avery is healthy he is the best WR on that team. The only way he ends up as the #2 is if the Rams get Green or Jones with their first round pick, and I dont even think Jones would take the #1 WR spot from Avery for at least a year or two.

Unless the Rams take a WR with their first pick, Avery will be their highest drafted WR. He was the first WR taken in the 2008 draft with the first pick in the 2nd round. After a pretty good rookie season his numbers dropped a bit in his 2nd year due to injuries and terrible QB play. The Rams drafted Bradford last year and it finally looked like Avery was going to get a shot to prove why he was the first WR taken in the draft. The two were in sync during the preseason and things were looking pretty good until Avery tore his ACL.Assuming he is 100% healthy, which i have to assume since he was already running during this past season, i fully believe he will either be the Rams #1 or 2 WR. If Brandon Lloyd can come out of nowehere to be the #1 FF WR this season at 29 with Mcdaniels and Orton, Avery should be able to have a big season at 27 with Mcdaniels and Bradford. I am not at all concerned about any of the other Rams WR's, if Avery is healthy he is the best WR on that team. The only way he ends up as the #2 is if the Rams get Green or Jones with their first round pick, and I dont even think Jones would take the #1 WR spot from Avery for at least a year or two.
good post, but I think its probable that they get a WR with the first picks - they have spent picks on the OL in the last few years (Smith and Saffold), Jackson has another two-three years of production, and the defense improved last year - I dont see how they DON'T go WR first . . . the only way it doesnt happen is if they sign a decent FA WR, and I dont think there are many decent ones available (or one that has the potential to be a WR1) . . .

I do agree with you someone is gonna have a break out season next year at WR for the Rams. Avery is a legit candidate, but he will only be one year removed from an ACL injury, and his game is highly speed oriented. I think the key thing to look at is that it was Brandon Lloyd. Who saw that coming? No one. The FBG staffers all had him projected for less than 400 yards on the season. There were some minor rumblings about him having a good spring, but there wasn't much to go on from training camp. His preseason was very pedestrian as well. I'd say we'll have to follow the Rams very closely to see who may be the one that flourishes in 2011. Lets also not forget that Bradford will be learning a whole new offense, and may have to do so without the benefit of OTA's, minicamps and possibly the preseason depending on the CBA.

For BMW, I wanted to rank him higher, I just couldn't justify it. He's too slow to out-run people, and he only scored 2 TDs this year. The Seahawks' offence is really bad and I don't think BMW will be a starter there long term. I like BMW as an NFL player but I'm not particularly excited about him for fantasy purposes.
In the OP's defense... keep in mind that this list is meant for non-ppr. I personally am not sure that I would move BMX THAT far down, but certainly without the PPR value, BMX did not have a particularly good year this year.

Users who are viewing this thread