SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Anyone playing? I love this game.

Edited by SmoovySmoov, 23 October 2012 - 12:16 PM.

When you fart is loud enough to make a animal curious you know probably gonna win burritos.

LOL at United not being in the Top 4 at the end of the season.  Not gonna happen folks. 

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things." ~ Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#2 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Hockey and Football Manager

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

:goodposting: The best franchise in computer gaming, by far.

This club is all about winning trophies and we've got a chance of bringing the greatest trophy of them all back to Anfield, so it means a great deal obviously.

JFT96 - YNWA

#3 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Last played 2 years ago, so I have to find all new wonderkids and super signings. List those that you find here.

When you fart is loud enough to make a animal curious you know probably gonna win burritos.

LOL at United not being in the Top 4 at the end of the season.  Not gonna happen folks. 

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things." ~ Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#4 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

Last played 2 years ago, so I have to find all new wonderkids and super signings. List those that you find here.

I can fire it up when I get home tonight...

This club is all about winning trophies and we've got a chance of bringing the greatest trophy of them all back to Anfield, so it means a great deal obviously.

JFT96 - YNWA

#5 ttiger72

ttiger72

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,258 posts
  • Joined 03-September 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

This is the game that Europeans devote their lives to and get their marriages ruined over, right?

#6 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

This is the game that Europeans devote their lives to and get their marriages ruined over, right?

well, mostly Englishmen, but yeah...

JFT96 - YNWA

#7 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

OK, so the ones I know about: Neymar - Brazil Eden Hazard - Belgium Yaya Sanogo - France Dudu - Brazil Dennis Appiah - France Khouma Babacar - Senegal Jonjo Shelvey - England Zezinho - Brazil Sergio Canales - Spain Suso - Spain Francisco Alcacer - Spain Simone Verdi - Italy Mario Balotelli - Italy

JFT96 - YNWA

#8 njherdfan

njherdfan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Joined 05-July 09

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

OK, so the ones I know about: Neymar - Brazil Eden Hazard - Belgium Yaya Sanogo - France Dudu - Brazil Dennis Appiah - France Khouma Babacar - Senegal Jonjo Shelvey - England Zezinho - Brazil Sergio Canales - Spain Suso - Spain Francisco Alcacer - Spain Simone Verdi - Italy Mario Balotelli - Italy

Romelu Lukaku-Belgium-he's an absolute monster. And this game is awesome.
Like football? Probably! Like the Jets? Probably not! Either way, check out my Jets blog nyjetsplaybook

#9 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

Romelu Lukaku-Belgium-he's an absolute monster. And this game is awesome.

will look for him right away (playing right now)...

JFT96 - YNWA

#10 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

ouch 1.5 million euros

JFT96 - YNWA

#11 njherdfan

njherdfan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Joined 05-July 09

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Without knowing your finances it's tough to say something concrete, but he's almost definitely worth it.
Like football? Probably! Like the Jets? Probably not! Either way, check out my Jets blog nyjetsplaybook

#12 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

Without knowing your finances it's tough to say something concrete, but he's almost definitely worth it.

understood... It might work for one of my Championship clubs... didn't work so well for my Dag & Red team. I have 58k in transfer funds available :P

JFT96 - YNWA

#13 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

found this:

http://www.unigamesi...eat-youngsters/

JFT96 - YNWA

#14 snellman

snellman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

Those aren't football players. :mellow:

2011 IDP Survivor Champion!
2012 WSL3 Champion!

2013 FFA Survivor Champion!

AD

YOU CAN'T STOP HIM. YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN HIM!!! :pickle: :headbang:

#15 The Z Machine

The Z Machine

Freak-A-Zoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,408 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:????

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

I'm an addict. See my posts in the Official Soccer Thread. Right now I'm trying to take Cockfosters from the 9th level all the way to the Premiership. I got promoted my first two seasons and am in 1st place now. I also made it to the FA Cup twice and actually beat Charlton in the 1st Rd. this year.
BOYCOTT WORLD CUP 2022

#16 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

I'm an addict. See my posts in the Official Soccer Thread. Right now I'm trying to take Cockfosters from the 9th level all the way to the Premiership. I got promoted my first two seasons and am in 1st place now. I also made it to the FA Cup twice and actually beat Charlton in the 1st Rd. this year.

Eventually I will play it from the low level side angle. Right now, I'm just enjoying trying to get Liverpool some hardware.

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#17 Buddy Ball 2K3

Buddy Ball 2K3

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,182 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:54 AM

Is there one of these for American Football?

What you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul..

#18 PIK95

PIK95

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,302 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

:lmao: The best franchise in computer gaming, by far.

Sooo tempting. :unsure: Try and buy Tresor Mputu from Mazembe in Africa. He's a real dark horse and they won't sell him in real life.

Edited by PIK95, 01 February 2011 - 07:01 AM.

This is why we can't have nice things.

#19 TLEF316

TLEF316

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19,970 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

How do the games get played? I know its not a full on experience like fifa, but I assume its gonna be something more than a simple text sim, right? I tried some baseball sims (out of the park) a few years ago but couldn't get into it
Xbox Live Tag: Tlef316

one show that we all love is hard knock training with jets. uncle klompit like it so much that he want to be a coach now. it turn out that pop warners league in our town need a coach and uncle klompit decide to start there. he wanted to be just like that coach of jets so first practice he sit them kids down and start sayin #### this and #### them and ####. i guess that is a big no-no because they fire him like 10 minute later and some lady is now the coach. uncle klompit say if he get another chance to be a coach that instead of actually sayin "####s" he just gonna hold up middle finger. kipper say it may work because coachin is about adjustments.

#20 Brady Marino

Brady Marino

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,650 posts
  • Joined 14-April 07

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

How do the games get played? I know its not a full on experience like fifa, but I assume its gonna be something more than a simple text sim, right? I tried some baseball sims (out of the park) a few years ago but couldn't get into it

The games are simmed live on a 3D pitch. You can control subs and strategy. So no, it's not a simple text sim. Far from it.

"Molecules change their bonds. Elements combine and change into compounds. That's all of life, right? The constant...the cycle. Solution, dissolution, over and over. Growth, decay. Transformation. It's fascinating, really." Walter White, from script of Episode 1.1 of Breaking Bad

#21 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

The games are simmed live on a 3D pitch. You can control subs and strategy. So no, it's not a simple text sim. Far from it.

It's very addicting.

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#22 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

no, at least not from SI, but they do have a now defunct NHL version, East Side Hockey Manager 2007. It's still being sold and updated by "people on the internet". It's not nearly as good as FM though.

JFT96 - YNWA

#23 The Z Machine

The Z Machine

Freak-A-Zoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,408 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

It is the best simulation game out there, by a lot.
BOYCOTT WORLD CUP 2022

#24 One

One

Not Allowed In Mexico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Joined 19-August 06

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

+1. Love FM, would be even more thrilled with an American Football version.

#25 Steve Tasker

Steve Tasker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,700 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

I posted this in one of the video game threads...does anyone know how this works for Mac? I've been terribly underwhelmed with FIFA's manager mode in these last few seasons, and would love to move into this.

The entire state is a bunch of racist rednecks with piles of Negroes in their attics

Fans link

#26 njherdfan

njherdfan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Joined 05-July 09

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:47 AM

It is the best simulation game out there, by a lot.

Yeah, it's awesome. I'm also a big OOTP fan as well though.

#27 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

I posted this in one of the video game threads...does anyone know how this works for Mac? I've been terribly underwhelmed with FIFA's manager mode in these last few seasons, and would love to move into this.

looking at their page now... looks like 2011 doesn't have a mac-clone, but 2010 does... not sure if they are just delayed with 2011...

JFT96 - YNWA

#28 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

looking at their page now... looks like 2011 doesn't have a mac-clone, but 2010 does... not sure if they are just delayed with 2011...

I spoke too soon...
http://community.sig...n-NOW-AVAILABLE!

JFT96 - YNWA

#29 scoobygang

scoobygang

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,144 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

American football is bound to be far more limited though. The reason why FM works so well is the entire global nature of soccer (and the idea that there are always different levels and rewards to strive for). Soccer's transfer market is just so much more dynamic than football's draft/free agency and the top level tactical changes are more satisfying because they give you that "medium" level of game day control which is more than just watching but less than having to call every play.

#30 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

American football is bound to be far more limited though. The reason why FM works so well is the entire global nature of soccer (and the idea that there are always different levels and rewards to strive for). Soccer's transfer market is just so much more dynamic than football's draft/free agency and the top level tactical changes are more satisfying because they give you that "medium" level of game day control which is more than just watching but less than having to call every play.

agree with the above, and also, the market for an American Football game would be way too small (I would imagine)

JFT96 - YNWA

#31 The Kansas Comet

The Kansas Comet

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,130 posts
  • Joined 09-August 04

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

no, at least not from SI, but they do have a now defunct NHL version, East Side Hockey Manager 2007. It's still being sold and updated by "people on the internet". It's not nearly as good as FM though.

EA Sports did a game called NFL Head Coach which was nowhere near as good or addicting as FM. Just picked up FM2011 a few months ago. First got into soccer sims with the Total Club Manager series which I enjoyed. Then I got World Soccer Manager 2009 and it was like going from crack to heroin. Pretty sure if the wife divorces me it will be due to this game.
"I'm not so mean. I wouldn't ever go out to hurt anybody deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something."

Richard J. Butkus

#32 The Z Machine

The Z Machine

Freak-A-Zoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,408 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

COCKFOSTERSSSSSSS!!!!!!
BOYCOTT WORLD CUP 2022

#33 The Gator

The Gator

Hey, watch this!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Joined 10-November 05

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

:thumbup:

So there you are, all hot and bothered, on all fours, with your man pounding you from behind

#34 GoFishTN

GoFishTN

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 09-August 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

Love this game. I've lost ridiculous amounts of sleep playing it. But I've won two FA Cups and the Champions League with Southampton. That's worth ... something. Right? :unsure:

#35 GoFishTN

GoFishTN

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 09-August 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, I'd like this a lot. Throw in the CFL, UFL and the various arena leagues to give it a little flavor.

#36 The Z Machine

The Z Machine

Freak-A-Zoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,408 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, I'd like this a lot. Throw in the CFL, UFL and the various arena leagues to give it a little flavor.

In order to get the depth of the gameplay for American football, they'd have to incorporate HS and College ball as well. The bad part is that you can't transfer players the same way in American football, and the buying/selling/loaning of players is probably 50% of the appeal of FM. It's really a great game, and it gives some good insight into how professional football works.
BOYCOTT WORLD CUP 2022

#37 GoFishTN

GoFishTN

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 09-August 03

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

In order to get the depth of the gameplay for American football, they'd have to incorporate HS and College ball as well. The bad part is that you can't transfer players the same way in American football, and the buying/selling/loaning of players is probably 50% of the appeal of FM.

Yeah, it wouldn't be as good. But man, anything besides Madden, please.

#38 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

EA Sports did a game called NFL Head Coach which was nowhere near as good or addicting as FM. Just picked up FM2011 a few months ago. First got into soccer sims with the Total Club Manager series which I enjoyed. Then I got World Soccer Manager 2009 and it was like going from crack to heroin. Pretty sure if the wife divorces me it will be due to this game.

The old "I'm just going to play for a second to see if I can get this deal to go through" turns into "four hours later" syndrome. I have that as well.

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#39 boubucarow

boubucarow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,542 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

What are the best ways to get a US version?

#40 Brady Marino

Brady Marino

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,650 posts
  • Joined 14-April 07

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 was so good. I think I wasted a good calender month of my life when you add together all the time I played that game.

"Molecules change their bonds. Elements combine and change into compounds. That's all of life, right? The constant...the cycle. Solution, dissolution, over and over. Growth, decay. Transformation. It's fascinating, really." Walter White, from script of Episode 1.1 of Breaking Bad

#41 Romulan

Romulan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 974 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:52 AM

My favorite non MMORPG computer game by far!

#42 Romulan

Romulan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 974 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:52 AM

What are the best ways to get a US version?

Steam is where I always get mine.

#43 scoobygang

scoobygang

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,144 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

I like the game, but I don't have the patience to play it the right way. I generally choose a big team and make the transfers I want (but no matter how big a budget I get, I get taken in the transfer market). I've never internalized the specialized training routines that are supposed to make your youth players blossom. And sometimes, I feel like my tactics don't have any effect. It's still addictive, I just wish I wasn't so ADD so that I could get more out of it.

#44 charvik

charvik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

For my fellow degenerates:

FM2011 Logopacks: http://www.fmscout.com/c-logos11.html
I use the FM2011 Metallic Logos Megapack

FM2011 Facepacks: http://www.fmscout.c...acepacks11.html
I use the Cut-Out Faces Megapack

JFT96 - YNWA

#45 The Gator

The Gator

Hey, watch this!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Joined 10-November 05

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:30 PM

I spoke too soon...
http://community.sig...n-NOW-AVAILABLE!

The only way to get the mac clone is through torrents? Nothing ***OFFICIAL*** on the FM site?

So there you are, all hot and bothered, on all fours, with your man pounding you from behind

#46 Pope Benedict XVI Fan

Pope Benedict XVI Fan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 384 posts
  • Joined 19-April 05

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Not sure what you guys are talking about with no Mac version. The Mac and Windows versions are on the same disc, and Steam has a Mac download option too. Been playing it on my Macbook since release day.
Urbi et Orbi

#47 The Gator

The Gator

Hey, watch this!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Joined 10-November 05

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

Found it on Steam and should have time to get into it this afternoon. ;)

#48 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

One of my favorite signings is always Darijo Srna from Shakhtar. That guy's incredible.

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#49 Steve Tasker

Steve Tasker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,700 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

One of my favorite signings is always Darijo Srna from Shakhtar. That guy's incredible.

You still playing Football Manager 2004?

The entire state is a bunch of racist rednecks with piles of Negroes in their attics

Fans link

#50 Steve Tasker

Steve Tasker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,700 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Alright, I know this will sound like sacrilege for a video game nerd like myself, but I've always been a console gamer and have played essentially no PC games ever. How does Steam work?

Fans link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users