What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Little (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't say he's can't-miss, but there are definitely some parallels with Mike Williams last year and he looks like one of the better "swing for the fences" picks outside the first tier.

Im in, he graded out as my 3rd highest WR(tied with Baldwin and Salas) in this class. He should have no problem becoming the #1 WR in Cleveland, but the QB situation isnt great, and thats a tough division.

I dunno, he has to compete for targets with Mohamed Massaquoi and Brian Robiske.
And?
Ben Watson and Josh Cribbs.
And? None of those guys present much competition.
Thought he was being sarcastic.I am in, like the Browns direction, even if I don't love McCoy. But hey, McCoy could be Jeff Garcia quite easily.Massaquoi and Cribbs look a lot better behind a true #1.

My gut feeling is that this guy is the reason they traded out of the number 6 pick (aka Julio Jones).He is not the same type of prospect, but, has potential to be a stud wr and he cost less than half the price.

I dunno, he has to compete for targets with Mohamed Massaquoi and Brian Robiske.
And?
Ben Watson and Josh Cribbs.
And? None of those guys present much competition.
Thought he was being sarcastic.I am in, like the Browns direction, even if I don't love McCoy. But hey, McCoy could be Jeff Garcia quite easily.Massaquoi and Cribbs look a lot better behind a true #1.
Guess I missed that.

I'm all in on this guy. If I don't have a top 3 pick, I'm probably going to try and trade back into the 1.9-1.12 range to pick him up, depending on what his ADP looks to be.

I'm all in on this guy. If I don't have a top 3 pick, I'm probably going to try and trade back into the 1.9-1.12 range to pick him up, depending on what his ADP looks to be.
Highly doubt he'll last that long. 1.08 at the latest and he could start creeping into the top 5 picks for teams looking for a wr. Leshoure and Williams are in RBBC's and barring injuries to beanie/best they don't have much upside for the next few years.

Highly doubt he'll last that long. 1.08 at the latest and he could start creeping into the top 5 picks for teams looking for a wr. Leshoure and Williams are in RBBC's and barring injuries to beanie/best they don't have much upside for the next few years.
umm...

umm...
Yeah. And I think their willingness to forego Jones has as much to do with Mitchell's development. Neither Mass or Robiskie has shown much to date and I'm betting that Mitchell and Little will start on opening day.

umm...
He's comparing Little to LeShoure and Williams...who will have less value if Best/Beanie don't get injured. Meaning Little might be a better pick than them.That's what I got out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to do my dynasty PPR rookie draft today based on how the real draft is unfolding, I'd put Little solidly at the 1.04 position. He landed in a great situation, he's in an offensive system designed to his skill set and has a chance to be "the man" in the passing game. I came into the draft thinking of him between 1.08-1.10 but he leapfrogged the 2nd tier RB's of Ryan Williams and Mikel Leshoure. I also am of the belief that Daniel Thomas is not talented enough to hold onto the starting job in MIA for the long haul.

Consider me a believer that the stars have aligned for Little and if he can show maturity and alleviate the character issues, this kid could remind us of his old teammate, Hakeem Nicks.

umm...
He's comparing Little to LeShoure and Williams...who will have less value if Best/Beanie don't get injured. Meaning Little might be a better pick than them.That's what I got out of it.
That would be correct.As of today neither best/beanie have a major injury, putting Little in the discussions in the 1.04-1.07 range as leshoure/Williams are in RBBC capping their production for the forseeable future.

Players I suspect to go ahead of him in the majority of drafts: 1. Mark Ingram, 2. AJ Green, 3. Julio Jones, 4. Jonathan Baldwin, 5. Daniel Thomas, 6. Ryan Williams, 7. Torrey Smith. I suspect some of the following to also go ahead of him in some drafts: 8. Mikel Leshoure, 9. Titus Young, 10. Shane Vereen, 11. Cam Newton, 12. Randall Cobb. But maybe I'm wrong and Little will go earlier in drafts, time will tell. BTW, I only play in non-PPR and .5 PPR leagues, so things may be a lot different in PPR leagues I can't say.

Players I suspect to go ahead of him in the majority of drafts: 1. Mark Ingram, 2. AJ Green, 3. Julio Jones, 4. Jonathan Baldwin, 5. Daniel Thomas, 6. Ryan Williams, 7. Torrey Smith. I suspect some of the following to also go ahead of him in some drafts: 8. Mikel Leshoure, 9. Titus Young, 10. Shane Vereen, 11. Cam Newton, 12. Randall Cobb. But maybe I'm wrong and Little will go earlier in drafts, time will tell. BTW, I only play in non-PPR and .5 PPR leagues, so things may be a lot different in PPR leagues I can't say.
obviously the first 3 i agree with and maybe daniel thomas as well because of situation...but with baldwin going to the chiefs and getting paid first round money...i have my doubts...everyone else you mentioned either went to a horrible situation or doesnt have stud potential. I think it goes as follows:1. AJ Green2.Julio Jones3.Mark Ingram4.Greg Little5.Daniel Thomas6.Torrey Smith7. everyone else

As a Tar Heel fan, any hype surrounding this guy turns my stomach. No way I have him on any of my draft lists.
Crush is it because of off the field stuff? Seems like a freak athlete.
Of course its the off-field stuff. Of the 3 players who were kicked off the team, only Quinn handled the matter appropriately. Both Little and Austin turned off most of the teams in their interviews by making excuses and casting blame on the Heels instead of themselves. Lucky for them it only takes but a single team to look past that or buy into their B.S.

As a Tar Heel fan, any hype surrounding this guy turns my stomach. No way I have him on any of my draft lists.
Crush is it because of off the field stuff? Seems like a freak athlete.
Of course its the off-field stuff. Of the 3 players who were kicked off the team, only Quinn handled the matter appropriately. Both Little and Austin turned off most of the teams in their interviews by making excuses and casting blame on the Heels instead of themselves. Lucky for them it only takes but a single team to look past that or buy into their B.S.
While he might be a jerk, as long as he doesn't break the law or use drugs, should that matter to FF owners?

i've seen the highlights too. the kid has some talent for sure. but putting him in at 1.04 is off for me.

first off, he's a bonehead. we all scream and avoid the hothead ###h0le vet WRs out there, but because of mike williams last season we're gonna ignore it with this guy?

second, someone else said it -- colt mccoy is his qb. comparing mccoy to garcia is a joke. garcia was a gamer, super darn gritty, played hurt and did whatever it took to position his team to win. not only is mccoy a wuss, i don't even think he's as athletic as garcia. plain and simple, he's a well below average NFL QB.

i probably won't draft baldwin ahead of little, but there are a few WRs others than jones and green who i think are more worthy, and there are several RBs i'd much rather have.

even without this hype train thread, i think little will get snagged earleir than he should, and i'm not going to grab him earlier than he belongs just to beat the hype-induced overdrafting.

I agree that the biggest reason to let someone else draft little in the top half of rookie drafts is Colt McCoy. Maybe McCoy is good enough to make him a super star, but what exactly do we have to go on? His so called good games last year weren't even good. They were just surprisingly not horrible against a couple of good defenses. I also wouldn't write off Massoquai being their deep threat, and stealing some big plays from Little. Of all the things Massoquai is vanilla at, he does play a pretty nice deep ball.

i assume the mccoy haters are equally dour on sam bradford. they put up similar numbers on a per pass basis, and mccoy faced far tougher competition.

Shurmer Offense, and nothing else at wrPlenty of Browns playing catchupIm buying
Yup. Little's is perfect fit with great moves after the catch for the shurmer offense.I expect 60-80 catches his rookie season with possibility of more if these rooks can get into camp with no lockout.Clear #3 wr for FF purposes. The utility/return guys getting talked up like Cobb and t.young may be great for NFL teams but upside is capped for FF.

i assume the mccoy haters are equally dour on sam bradford. they put up similar numbers on a per pass basis, and mccoy faced far tougher competition.
I guess, see what you want to see. McCoy's sample size was less than half of Bradford's. Sam maintained his 60% completion percentage as a rookie over 590 pass attempts, while keeping a positive td/int ratio. Oh he's also built like a prototypical nfl QB and has the mechanics of a prototypical nfl qb. McCoy might turn out to be "all that", but he only had 222 attempts and had a 6/9 td/int ratio. He does get a break because of the tough opponents, which is why a lot of people like him. I understand that. But at the end of the day he still has a TON to prove, he's still only 6'1", and he isn't playing in a McDaniel's offense.All I'm saying is that Little is nothing like Mike Williams form last year in terms of sleeper status. Based on his hype he's already being penciled in as a stud and being drafted as such. When you start putting him at 1.04 you can't ignore as many factors as you can when you grab someone at the turn.

Yea, there's an important distinction there. Most of the people who got Mike Williams at this time last year drafted him in the 15-25 range. People are talking about Little as a top 8-15 pick. There's a little less margin for error when you draft a guy higher.

For every Mike Williams TB, there are 20 bonehead WR divas with character concerns that don't pan out in the NFL. Just like for every Jimmy Graham, there are 100 bball players who can't play football.

I wouldn't take Little at 1.04, unless it's in some very lopsided tiered PPR league. You have Ryan Williams, Daniel Thomas, even Leshoure and Helu.

1.06 at best in PPR.

1.08 or later in standard scoring.

For every Mike Williams TB, there are 20 bonehead WR divas with character concerns that don't pan out in the NFL. Just like for every Jimmy Graham, there are 100 bball players who can't play football.I wouldn't take Little at 1.04, unless it's in some very lopsided tiered PPR league. You have Ryan Williams, Daniel Thomas, even Leshoure and Helu. 1.06 at best in PPR.1.08 or later in standard scoring.
Judging by his highlight Pitt game posted above, this guy doesn't look anywhere near as explosive or polished in his routes as Tampa Mike. I did like his effort in fighting to get the ball, but I think Little will have trouble with separation in the NFL. He does seem to have the size and the fighting spirit, which I like to see.

Judging by his highlight Pitt game posted above, this guy doesn't look anywhere near as explosive or polished in his routes as Tampa Mike. I did like his effort in fighting to get the ball, but I think Little will have trouble with separation in the NFL. He does seem to have the size and the fighting spirit, which I like to see.
:goodposting: Not saying he can't or won't end up a great player, but I agree, looks no where as explosive or polished as Tampa Mike.

He has one year of full time college WR under his belt, 76 career receptions and hasn't played a snap since '09. There is a lockout preventing him from working out at the team facilities indefinitely. Predicting up to 80 (even 40-50, IMO) receptions in his rookie year is extremely optimistic. He is very raw...not to mention his questionable character, QB, etc.

Plus, many are basing his hype on his WR1 standing in CLE when free agency hasn't even started yet. If CLE brings in a FA WR, his situation dramatically changes.

I agree that he is talented but am trying to temper my expectations.

If he would have played last year and progressed he would have been a lock 1st round pick.

Yes he's raw but he has true stud upside, which I can't say for any other wr's in the class outside of aj/JJ.

Go ahead and take safer guys without near the upside, seems a good way to have a mediocre fantastic team.

Little is a monster who has so much room to improve it's almost scary.

Mike Williams went 1.5 last year in one of my Dynasty Leagues I'd expect Little to do the same.

Im in, he graded out as my 3rd highest WR(tied with Baldwin and Salas) in this class. He should have no problem becoming the #1 WR in Cleveland, but the QB situation isnt great, and thats a tough division.
This made me laugh for some reason. I have a vision of you sitting in your basement pouring over a half dozen youtube videos and jotting down notes like...dropped a ball at 1:56 mark of "Swagga like Us" video.

If he would have played last year and progressed he would have been a lock 1st round pick.Yes he's raw but he has true stud upside, which I can't say for any other wr's in the class outside of aj/JJ.Go ahead and take safer guys without near the upside, seems a good way to have a mediocre fantastic team.Little is a monster who has so much room to improve it's almost scary.
Sounds like he has a lot of potential. Which of course means he hasn't done much yet.

If he would have played last year and progressed he would have been a lock 1st round pick.Yes he's raw but he has true stud upside, which I can't say for any other wr's in the class outside of aj/JJ.Go ahead and take safer guys without near the upside, seems a good way to have a mediocre fantastic team.Little is a monster who has so much room to improve it's almost scary.
Sounds like he has a lot of potential. Which of course means he hasn't done much yet.
In his first year at wr in college he had 700+ receiving and a bunch of rushing yards. He proved he has immense upside.

In reading on more info. He said he stayed in shape during the year off and caught at least 100 passes a day. Also said he had meeting with clevland brass and the terminology isnt that different then the thing they ran at unc. Sounds like the year off did alot for his personality. I like my wr with swagger. Guy knows he is good but still very raw.

In reading on more info. He said he stayed in shape during the year off and caught at least 100 passes a day. Also said he had meeting with clevland brass and the terminology isnt that different then the thing they ran at unc. Sounds like the year off did alot for his personality. I like my wr with swagger. Guy knows he is good but still very raw.
He knows he's raw too. He worked out with an MMA guy and apparently is in the best shape of his life. Nice timing.

I just think the upside here is off the charts. Id rather take the risk on him then draft a timeshare back. If you had Mike williams would you trade him for a spiller or a ryan mathews in ppr leauge? To me that what it comes down to with Little. Only wr after JJ and AJ that can be a legitimate 1 wr.

Users who are viewing this thread