by_the_sea_wannabe

:sj:

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,382 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

:hey:

Edited by by_the_sea_wannabe, 08 May 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#2 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

Prepare to be embarrassed ladies.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
- Winston Churchill

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
- Cicero - 55 BC

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
- Ben Franklin

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
- Gandhi

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

#3 HitNRun

HitNRun

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 13-August 07

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

I just hope I can learn something from you oh Great One.

#4 Football Critic

Football Critic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

Get your hard hat ready, cuz I'm about to drop some drafting knowledge. Dont you usually lose in all these leagues anyways?
"When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger" - Someone Smart

#5 BassNBrew

BassNBrew

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 38,048 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Get your hard hat ready, cuz I'm about to drop some drafting knowledge. Dont you usually lose in all these leagues anyways?

Dude, that's like asking if a bear ####s in the woods. It not if a bear ####s in the woods, it's how much it ####s in the woods.

#6 Ghost of Bill Walsh

Ghost of Bill Walsh

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 31-January 09
  • Interests:Spending time with my grandson, Savion 'Mo' Gaines, future pro athlete. Fantasy Football,Baseball & Basketball.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

So, if Cowboy times out how's that gonna effect my #16 spot. I was looking forward to that and having back to back picks. 1st time in any of the survivor formats I've had that spot andwanted to see how my draft went from there. Of course whatever happens it ain't gonna piss me off . I'll just roll with whatever's best for the draft and to keep movin' along hopefully.
2011 PDSL Twenty Survivor League Champion

#7 Captain Hook

Captain Hook

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05
  • Interests:Wine and FF

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

So, if Cowboy times out how's that gonna effect my #16 spot. I was looking forward to that and having back to back picks. 1st time in any of the survivor formats I've had that spot andwanted to see how my draft went from there. Of course whatever happens it ain't gonna piss me off . I'll just roll with whatever's best for the draft and to keep movin' along hopefully.

Same thing happened in SSL2 - just tell Bass you want to keep your #16 pick and Cowboy will go to #15 instead
Stay ahead of your leaguemates

www.mastersball.com

#8 Ghost of Bill Walsh

Ghost of Bill Walsh

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 31-January 09
  • Interests:Spending time with my grandson, Savion 'Mo' Gaines, future pro athlete. Fantasy Football,Baseball & Basketball.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Hook :thumbup:

#9 by_the_sea_wannabe

by_the_sea_wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,382 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

remember to pm the guy after you

#10 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Dont you usually lose in all these leagues anyways?

Ummm, no.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
- Winston Churchill

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
- Cicero - 55 BC

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
- Ben Franklin

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
- Gandhi

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

#11 Football Critic

Football Critic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:57 AM

Ummm, no.

Well your about to start. PS, you losing is kinda like Christmas...it happens every year. :lmao:

#12 krsone21

krsone21

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,294 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:01 AM

Ummm, no.

Well your about to start. PS, you losing is kinda like Christmas...it happens every year. :lmao:

This is going to be a fun ride. :popcorn:

#13 BroadwayG

BroadwayG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,157 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04
  • Interests:Oh, I don't know. Play chess... screw...

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Sent a list to GoBW, gonna be offline most of today.
}=O)

#14 Ghost of Bill Walsh

Ghost of Bill Walsh

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 31-January 09

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

Got it. I'll make his pick when it comes up. Maybe my new avatar will spark some interest and guys will show up :thumbup:

Edited by Ghost of Bill Walsh, 10 May 2011 - 05:12 AM.

#15 CommuterMan

CommuterMan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Joined 01-October 04

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Got it. I'll make his pick when it comes up. Maybe my new avatar will spark some interest and guys will show up :thumbup:

Made me take a peek... :eek:

#16 Ghost of Bill Walsh

Ghost of Bill Walsh

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 31-January 09

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

I'm satisfied with a top 5 QB and a top 3 TE with my first 2 picks. Coulda went receiver as there was some pretty good ones available but opted for Gates. RB's available didn't appeal to me so I hope that strategy works out for me in the end. 1.16- QB Peyton Manning 2.01- TE Antonio Gates That's a lovely PAIR of......er, players :D

Edited by Ghost of Bill Walsh, 10 May 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#17 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'm satisfied with a top 5 QB and a top 3 TE with my first 2 picks. Coulda went receiver as there was some pretty good ones available but opted for Gates. RB's available didn't appeal to me so I hope that strategy works out for me in the end. 1.16- QB Peyton Manning 2.01- TE Antonio Gates That's a lovely PAIR of......er, players :D

these leagues are typically won and lost at the RB/WR position...you have neither.
- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#18 Iwannabeacowboybaby!

Iwannabeacowboybaby!

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,190 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

I like McFadden, I think he has upside. If he stays healthy, it'll be a solid pick. I liked what I saw from McFadden in a PPR format. Roddy White at 2.3 in a 16 team league, PPR, and start 3 WR is a steal, thanks guys.
"Many hands make light work"

#19 BusMan

BusMan

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,772 posts
  • Joined 24-June 05

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

Already have two first rounders on the squad. :moneybag:

#20 Go Pack

Go Pack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
  • Interests:Wisconsin Badgers Football

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

Went QB/TE with Vick/Clark to start as those two could easily put up 50 per game combined in this format. Now I get to try to fill in the WR/RB position with #2 & 3 types and hope to hit on some reaches. I normally like to grab RB's early, but did not like what was on the board there when I picked

Edited by Go Pack, 11 May 2011 - 04:00 AM.

#21 by_the_sea_wannabe

by_the_sea_wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,382 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

I like McFadden, I think he has upside. If he stays healthy, it'll be a solid pick. I liked what I saw from McFadden in a PPR format. Roddy White at 2.3 in a 16 team league, PPR, and start 3 WR is a steal, thanks guys.

When I had pick 9; I was down to either White or McFadden at 9, so yeah I think it is a nice start.

#22 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

Reggie Wayne is a safe boring pick. :X
- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#23 BroadwayG

BroadwayG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,157 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Why do I always get the warped one?!?
}=O)

#24 by_the_sea_wannabe

by_the_sea_wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,382 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Why do I always get the warped one?!?

because you are warped? :unsure:

#25 BassNBrew

BassNBrew

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 38,048 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

And Schuab was even more boring. In a league "won and lost at the WR/RB" why would you reach on him in the 3rd round?

#26 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

And Schuab was even more boring. In a league "won and lost at the WR/RB" why would you reach on him in the 3rd round?

a) I don't consider it a reach b) QBs will be at a premium in these drafts, I'll explain it to you after these drafts are completed silly Bass

Edited by LHUCKS, 12 May 2011 - 11:46 AM.

- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#27 BroadwayG

BroadwayG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,157 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Dangit, the RB/WR comment was just a ruse!
}=O)

#28 BassNBrew

BassNBrew

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 38,048 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

a) I don't consider it a reach b) QBs will be at a premium in these drafts, I'll explain it to you after these drafts are completed silly Bass

QBs at a premium. WR/RB win or loss the league. I guess I'll stay tuned for tomorrow's episode of The Essential TE following by next week's two hour special, Kicker and Defense; Make or Break Your Season.

#29 MrTwo94

MrTwo94

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 664 posts
  • Joined 26-July 08

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Any chance this draft will be completed by the 18th?

#30 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

not really
- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#31 Go Pack

Go Pack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Not looking promising

#32 Football Critic

Football Critic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

these leagues are typically won and lost at the RB/WR position...you have neither.

Seriously? Yeah, the QB and TE when its 2 ppr for them, has nothing to do with the winning and losing. Hucks, do you think before you bust out your hardcore point of view?

#33 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:41 AM

Seriously? Yeah, the QB and TE when its 2 ppr for them, has nothing to do with the winning and losing. Hucks, do you think before you bust out your hardcore point of view?

Junior, I was drafting in the FBG survivor leagues before you even knew what footballguys.com was. Recognize, fool.
- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#34 Go Pack

Go Pack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

I was really hoping to get 2 of Matthews/Ingram/Bradshaw/Moreno in rounds 3 & 4, but had to settle for only Ingram as none of them made it to 4.6. Was then hoping Maclin would fall one more spot, but had to settle for Santonio Holmes. May have been different if not for the 2 timouts moving me form 4.4 to 4.6? SO far Vick Ingram Holmes D. Clark I like the upside of my team so far but Vick's injury risk scares me

#35 Go Pack

Go Pack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

I have PM'd our alternate snellman. If I hear from him before Born to Run shows up again I am replacing him. How do you not show up for over 12 hours when only 1 person picks in between your 2 picks?

#36 Football Critic

Football Critic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

I have PM'd our alternate snellman. If I hear from him before Born to Run shows up again I am replacing him. How do you not show up for over 12 hours when only 1 person picks in between your 2 picks?

This dude is horrible, and should be black balled in all survivor drafts. I'll take a person who complains about draft time, and a person who dont know much like Hucks over this Born dude. Hesux at this, i agree how do you not understand only one person picks before u and you dont check back, a pathetic act on this board. To time out to only an hour before your pick in round 4, is pathetic and ignorant. shows you have no concept of common sense, and also shows you ar not able to handle something organized. These people make me mad more than anyone who runs their mouth. You can ignore a smack talker...you cant fix someone not making picks.

Edited by Football Critic, 13 May 2011 - 03:33 AM.

#37 Football Critic

Football Critic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

I was really hoping to get 2 of Matthews/Ingram/Bradshaw/Moreno in rounds 3 & 4, but had to settle for only Ingram as none of them made it to 4.6. Was then hoping Maclin would fall one more spot, but had to settle for Santonio Holmes. May have been different if not for the 2 timouts moving me form 4.4 to 4.6? SO far Vick Ingram Holmes D. Clark I like the upside of my team so far but Vick's injury risk scares me

A rookie as your #1 runner? you confident that will work out?

#38 Go Pack

Go Pack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 445 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

A rookie as your #1 runner? you confident that will work out?

In that offense, i will take my chances. Was hoping to get a vet to go with him in the 4th, but was not thrilled with the choices left so went WR

#39 BroadwayG

BroadwayG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,157 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Freeman Mendenhall Mathews Nicks Very pleased so far after 4. Nicks in the mid 2nd was a gift and I'm big on Mathews this year. Was hoping to pair Nicks and Eli, but Freeman will have to do.
}=O)

#40 snellman

snellman

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

I do not like how he started this draft so now I will have to try to repair this team on the fly. Blount is a high risk pick but I like his position better than the other players I was considering here. Hopefully I can turn this team around in the next few rounds.
2011 IDP Survivor Champion!
2012 WSL3 Champion!

2013 FFA Survivor Champion!
AD

YOU CAN'T STOP HIM. YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN HIM!!! :pickle: :headbang:

#41 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting. QB1 - Matt Schaub RB1 - Frank Gore RB2 - Jonathan Stewart WR1 - Reggie Wayne

Edited by LHUCKS, 13 May 2011 - 07:38 AM.

- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#42 BusMan

BusMan

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,772 posts
  • Joined 24-June 05

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting.

QB1 - Matt Schaub

RB1 - Frank Gore
RB2 - Jonathan Stewart

WR1 - Reggie Wayne

O RLY?

QB - Eli Manning

RB - Steven Jackson

WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Mike Wallace

#43 by_the_sea_wannabe

by_the_sea_wannabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,382 posts
  • Joined 03-July 04

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

B. Roethisberger P. Hillis J. Best A. Johnson Happy with this start. Got the QB and WR that I was targeting and a pair of running backs that should do fine.

#44 snellman

snellman

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

Thanks for having me guys. I know I can draft better than LHUCKS so at least I won't finish last. :football:

Edited by snellman, 13 May 2011 - 10:52 AM.

2012 WSL3 Champion!

AD

#45 gandalas

gandalas

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,169 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07
  • Interests:Buckeyes, Browns, Cavs

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

QB: Drew Brees RB1: Maurice Jones-Drew RB2: DeAngelo Williams WR1: Brandon Marshall WR2: Brandon Lloyd Working well, assuming Lloyd was not a 1-hit wonder. Still need TE, and they are going quickly.

Edited by gandalas, 14 May 2011 - 06:44 AM.

Meh.

#46 BassNBrew

BassNBrew

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 38,048 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

Meh, this is an okay start...nothing has really slid to me. That being said, I'd rather have my roster than the scrubs you hacks have been drafting. QB1 - Matt Schaub RB1 - Frank Gore RB2 - Jonathan Stewart WR1 - Reggie Wayne

Hmmm...if the hacks are drafting scrubs and nothing has slid to you, then you must be drafting crappy scrubs. Seriously, do you ever think before you post?

#47 krsone21

krsone21

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,294 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

Hmmm...if the hacks are drafting scrubs and nothing has slid to you, then you must be drafting crappy scrubs. Seriously, do you ever think before you post?

:lmao:

#48 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for having me guys. I know I can draft better than LHUCKS so at least I won't finish last. :football:

Is that you with your son...if so, great avatar man.
- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#49 LHUCKS

LHUCKS

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 46,267 posts
  • Joined 20-June 03

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

Oh Bass...you take everything so literally. :lmao: You keep up the crappy work you're doing in SSLII okay! On the bright side, at least you can't draft any worse than you did in WSL1. :thumbup:
- Winston Churchill

- Cicero - 55 BC

- Ben Franklin

- Gandhi

- Thomas Jefferson

#50 snellman

snellman

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Is that you with your son...if so, great avatar man.

Future MLB of the Vikings.
2012 WSL3 Champion!

AD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users