What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Marshall, WR, Miami Dolphins (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2011 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

With the labor uncertainty, there are more unanswered questions entering the summer than usual. The good news is that gives us some more time to discuss the merits of players without having to react (or overreact) to the smallest bits of news about a slight injury in practice, or coach speak. We'll have plenty of time for that when it comes (we hope).

In the meantime, as always we will post a list of players to be discussed each week. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discuss expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Brandon Marshall, WR, Miami Dolphins

Player Page Link: Brandon Marshall Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :popcorn: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

Marshall missed two games last year, so he very well could have flirted with a fourth straight 100 reception season if he played the full 16 games. I don't expect Miami's offense to be much different in 2011 from what we saw in 2010. If Marshall played in a higher octane passing O, he would be in the discussion for top WR off the board, but in Miami, I think we'll see more of the same, with a slight uptick in TDs:

100 catches, 1210 yards, 6 TDs

Undervalued in PPR, overvalued in non-PPR.

I can't see Marshall being a big TD guy down in MIA, so his value will come down to how many receptions he can get. He should be a decent WR2 in PPR leagues, but I don't see a ton of upside.

92 rec, 1075 yards, 6 TD

Miami was 13th in passing attemps and 15th in yardage. On one hand, I'd think it couldn't get much worse than Henne last year, but on the other hand, I think this is a team that would like to be a running team, so they'll probably stay in the middle of the pack no matter what. That does not spell doom and gloom for Marshall's FF prospects, though. The guy put up 86/1014/3 in 14 games. That a 98/1159/3 pace. While TDs are hard to predict, ~100 rec usually leads to a fair share of TDs. 95/1150/7 is a very reasonable expectation for him if he plays all 16 games next year. Considering he is ranked WR17, I'd say he is a steal. His non-ppr ADP is 43 behind the likes of TB MWilliams, Dez Bryant, and Colston. I'll be shocked if he doesn't outperform all of those guys. Should a QB better than Henne be brought to Miami, look out.

95 rec, 1150 yds, 7 TD

I can't see Marshall being a big TD guy down in MIA, so his value will come down to how many receptions he can get. He should be a decent WR2 in PPR leagues, but I don't see a ton of upside.92 rec, 1075 yards, 6 TD
Plenty of upside with Marshall. Look at what he produced last year with a sub-mediocre QB situation and his injury. The low TDs were an anomaly. I'd say he's the most likely "WR2 with WR1 upside" (at least in PPR leagues).

Brandon Marshall is one of the most talented wide receivers in the NFL. However, ever since he's been in the league, his off field antics have come into question, and one has to wonder how those antics effect his on field play. Still, even with the problems, he manages to produce at a high level. This year though, he doesn't have a high profile QB throwing him the ball and Henne is coming off a season where he underachieved and questions surround the future of the QB position in Miami.

I think we saw Brandon Marshall come on a little towards the end of last season. We will see more of that this season but he won't reach the dominance we saw when he was in Denver because Miami currently doesn't have a Jay Cutler throwing him the football.

88 receptions, 1105 yards for 7 Td's

Let's back this up a minute. Last year everyone posted Marshall getting 100 receptions and breaking every Miami Dolphins record for a receiver and he was on pace to do it but the fact is he didn't. He has had off field issues in the past that forced Denver to try and trade him. Last year he was not very supportive of Sporano and that is not here say as he was interviewed on the radio shortly after the season when Sporano looked like he was going to be axed and Marshall was none too disappointed and it was very apparent. This past offseason he was stabbed in the stomach by his new wife. They have not been allowed to see each other for the past 90 days and are supposed to meet soon(how you liking al this baggage?). You add in a very subpar NFL QB, a rookie RB, a shaky OL, no TE threat, small and slow secondary wide receivers opposite him, a new offensive system by an offensive coordinator that wasn't wanted in Cleveland, and you have the makings of a potential disaster in my opinion.

75 receptions, 950 yards, 4TDs

Let's back this up a minute. Last year everyone posted Marshall getting 100 receptions and breaking every Miami Dolphins record for a receiver and he was on pace to do it but the fact is he didn't. He has had off field issues in the past that forced Denver to try and trade him. Last year he was not very supportive of Sporano and that is not here say as he was interviewed on the radio shortly after the season when Sporano looked like he was going to be axed and Marshall was none too disappointed and it was very apparent. This past offseason he was stabbed in the stomach by his new wife. They have not been allowed to see each other for the past 90 days and are supposed to meet soon(how you liking al this baggage?). You add in a very subpar NFL QB, a rookie RB, a shaky OL, no TE threat, small and slow secondary wide receivers opposite him, a new offensive system by an offensive coordinator that wasn't wanted in Cleveland, and you have the makings of a potential disaster in my opinion.75 receptions, 950 yards, 4TDs
Everybody needs to slow their roll a little on BMarsh. Is he a talanted WR? Of course he is, dude is a freak of nature. However, he is in a BAD situation in Miami. I'm agreeing with MOP here. Currently the QB and RB situation are average at best, and given the fact that he will be the best option on offense, he will see lots of double coverages. Last year, they could get away running the ball with Ronnie Brown and Ricky, but that won't happen this year. They also in my opinion there are too many defensive minded teams on their schedule who I can feel slow BMarsh down. Marshall reminds me a bit of Carolina's Steve Smith. Awesome talent, but horrible QB situation to be in. I'm a bit more optimistic than MOP, but not much. His talent alone though will result in the following stats. JMO. Projections for BMarsh - 73 rec, 1000 yards, 6TD

Let's back this up a minute. Last year everyone posted Marshall getting 100 receptions and breaking every Miami Dolphins record for a receiver and he was on pace to do it but the fact is he didn't. He has had off field issues in the past that forced Denver to try and trade him. Last year he was not very supportive of Sporano and that is not here say as he was interviewed on the radio shortly after the season when Sporano looked like he was going to be axed and Marshall was none too disappointed and it was very apparent. This past offseason he was stabbed in the stomach by his new wife. They have not been allowed to see each other for the past 90 days and are supposed to meet soon(how you liking al this baggage?). You add in a very subpar NFL QB, a rookie RB, a shaky OL, no TE threat, small and slow secondary wide receivers opposite him, a new offensive system by an offensive coordinator that wasn't wanted in Cleveland, and you have the makings of a potential disaster in my opinion.75 receptions, 950 yards, 4TDs
Everybody needs to slow their roll a little on BMarsh. Is he a talanted WR? Of course he is, dude is a freak of nature. However, he is in a BAD situation in Miami. I'm agreeing with MOP here. Currently the QB and RB situation are average at best, and given the fact that he will be the best option on offense, he will see lots of double coverages. Last year, they could get away running the ball with Ronnie Brown and Ricky, but that won't happen this year. They also in my opinion there are too many defensive minded teams on their schedule who I can feel slow BMarsh down. Marshall reminds me a bit of Carolina's Steve Smith. Awesome talent, but horrible QB situation to be in. I'm a bit more optimistic than MOP, but not much. His talent alone though will result in the following stats. JMO. Projections for BMarsh - 73 rec, 1000 yards, 6TD
I'll buy those numbers too. :thumbup:

Egad.

So Marshall's situation is essentially the same, but his production is going to drop 20% or more? If you are projecting 16 games you need to give some serious facts to back up that kind of decline. If you are not projecting 16 games, you need to point that out. Marshall carries some off-field risk, but he produces when he plays.

2007-2009 : 6.67 rec, 80 yards per game (46 of 48 games played)

2010 : 6.37 rec, 75 yards per game (13.5 games out of 16)

Marshall scored 10, 6, and 7 TDs in '07-'09, then 3 last year.

4.5% drop is rec/g, 6.2% drop in yds/g... I'm not sure that is even statistically significant in this sample set.

Projecting 16 games played, I figure he'll get the same rate of production as last season, with a bump up in TDs (Davone Bess scored 5 TDs.... Marshall gets more than 3 this year).

102 catches, 1202 yards, 6 TDs

95/1150/7

high end WR2 w/ 15-16 ppg

Marshall and Henne have had a season to work together and build chemistry, Miami will be playing from behind often, Marshall is now the best offensive weapon on the team, running game takes a big hit this season leaving the Dolphins dependent on the passing game.

Let's see, his QB will either be Henne or Matt Moore (Yippee!). He now has Reggie Bush to suck up targets and receptions as well as the PPR machine Davone Bess. I see him falling further and further down the target pecking order. Especially since neither of those QB's are very accurate or able to throw down field.

I see 65 receptions, 983 yards, 4 TD's. Basically a TE.

What a waste of talent on a crappy offensive team.

Let's see, his QB will either be Henne or Matt Moore (Yippee!). He now has Reggie Bush to suck up targets and receptions as well as the PPR machine Davone Bess. I see him falling further and further down the target pecking order. Especially since neither of those QB's are very accurate or able to throw down field.I see 65 receptions, 983 yards, 4 TD's. Basically a TE.What a waste of talent on a crappy offensive team.
So the only difference from last year, when he tallied 86/1014/3 in 14 games is...Reggie Bush as a 3rd down back? And you expect him to catch 21 fewer balls?You must be trying to buy him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it looks like I'll be targetting Marshall this year. I love it that everyone is low balling his production as he might have some nice value as opposed to being priced appropriately. They aren't going to be good and they are going to have to throw the ball, who are they going to throw it to? There was a reason that they traded for him and paid him a bunch of money.

Last year nearly everyone thought his catches were going to drop significantly from what they were in Denver...if you extrapolate his 14 games it comes to 98 catches and 1159 yards which was 3 fewer catches and 40 more yards than he had the prior year (when he was a top 9 wr)...TDs were the difference as he only got 3. TDs are variable to an extent and I certainly expect more than 3, more likely in 7-8 range. If he does that he'll come in around the #10 wr for probably a wr20 price.

Wow, it looks like I'll be targetting Marshall this year. I love it that everyone is low balling his production as he might have some nice value as opposed to being priced appropriately. They aren't going to be good and they are going to have to throw the ball, who are they going to throw it to? There was a reason that they traded for him and paid him a bunch of money.

Last year nearly everyone thought his catches were going to drop significantly from what they were in Denver...if you extrapolate his 14 games it comes to 98 catches and 1159 yards which was 3 fewer catches and 40 more yards than he had the prior year (when he was a top 9 wr)...TDs were the difference as he only got 3. TDs are variable to an extent and I certainly expect more than 3, more likely in 7-8 range. If he does that he'll come in around the #10 wr for probably a wr20 price.
Henne/Moore will combine for about 30 interceptions and Miami's offense will be sitting on the sidelines all season. Miami is an absolute joke right now and the idea that they could not get a deal done on Orton is absurd.

Henne/Moore will combine for about 30 interceptions and Miami's offense will be sitting on the sidelines all season. Miami is an absolute joke right now and the idea that they could not get a deal done on Orton is absurd.
I can see being upset as a Miami fan that they didn't go for Orton but I'm not sure that is going to cause Henne to fall apart. I think he'll improve (if he is the starter) but even if they do fall behind, I love going for good wr's on bad teams. You get tons of meaningless 4th qtr yards when the other team is in prevent with a big lead. I just don't see how the situation got a lot worse for Marshall...it could have been better with Orton but I don't see his situation being worse.

Does Marshall's value take a bit of a hit seeing as how he'll be covered by Revis and McCourty for 4 games?

Not even looking at other opposing defenses...

Let's see, his QB will either be Henne or Matt Moore (Yippee!). He now has Reggie Bush to suck up targets and receptions as well as the PPR machine Davone Bess. I see him falling further and further down the target pecking order. Especially since neither of those QB's are very accurate or able to throw down field.I see 65 receptions, 983 yards, 4 TD's. Basically a TE.What a waste of talent on a crappy offensive team.
So the only difference from last year, when he tallied 86/1014/3 in 14 games is...Reggie Bush as a 3rd down back? And you expect him to catch 21 fewer balls?You must be trying to buy him.
Reggie Bush will get his. Daniel Thomas is also a decent receiver out of the backfield. There will be even more inconsistency at the QB position this year (I can see Moore and Henne both playing games this year). Marshall was seriously stabbed in the gut and obviously has domestic issues to deal with. Add Revis AND Asomughe (sp) and I'd gladly sell this guy for a decent offer. I think we've seen the best out of him.Not buying him...I ALREADY OWN HIM.

Let's see, his QB will either be Henne or Matt Moore (Yippee!). He now has Reggie Bush to suck up targets and receptions as well as the PPR machine Davone Bess. I see him falling further and further down the target pecking order. Especially since neither of those QB's are very accurate or able to throw down field.

Reggie Bush will get his. Daniel Thomas is also a decent receiver out of the backfield. There will be even more inconsistency at the QB position this year (I can see Moore and Henne both playing games this year). Marshall was seriously stabbed in the gut and obviously has domestic issues to deal with. Add Revis AND Asomughe (sp) and I'd gladly sell this guy for a decent offer. I think we've seen the best out of him.Not buying him...I ALREADY OWN HIM.
I don't understand...can you spell it out in projections?Let me also say that if your projections are for anything more than what he did in NO minus 20% because of the inept Miami offense the you probably don't want to post them.

I am miffed why we would go bring that circus sideshow clown into Miami. Now if Ross brought him in to mix drinks in the nightclub on the VIP level during the football games inside the stadium, that might work.

I don't understand...can you spell it out in projections?Let me also say that if your projections are for anything more than what he did in NO minus 20% because of the inept Miami offense the you probably don't want to post them.

I am miffed why we would go bring that circus sideshow clown into Miami. Now if Ross brought him in to mix drinks in the nightclub on the VIP level during the football games inside the stadium, that might work.
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams combined for 70 receptions in 2009, 52 in 2010. Reggie Bush has averaged almost 60 receptions a year in NO (granted they have gone down each year since his rookie year with 88).MIA went out and got a dynamic player in Bush so I'm assuming they plan on getting the ball in his hands in space. We can debate if Reggie is better than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams as far as making plays (he certainly has more speed and quickness than those two). Assuming Bush stays healthy, I'd say he gets the average of 60 plus 10 - 15 more (I envision a lot of dump off passes). Throw in about 15 to Thomas and a few more sprinkled here and there to the other scrubs...and you come up with numbers like what I projected.

I think due to Reggie's arrival, conservativeness of the offense, ineptitude of QB play, facing Revis and Asomugha twice a year, and various personal/health issues for Brandon, he takes a step back. We know the guy is a headcase. Why is it so hard to believe that he falters a little bit on the field?

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams combined for 70 receptions in 2009, 52 in 2010. Reggie Bush has averaged almost 60 receptions a year in NO (granted they have gone down each year since his rookie year with 88).MIA went out and got a dynamic player in Bush so I'm assuming they plan on getting the ball in his hands in space. We can debate if Reggie is better than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams as far as making plays (he certainly has more speed and quickness than those two). Assuming Bush stays healthy, I'd say he gets the average of 60 plus 10 - 15 more (I envision a lot of dump off passes). Throw in about 15 to Thomas and a few more sprinkled here and there to the other scrubs...and you come up with numbers like what I projected.

I think due to Reggie's arrival, conservativeness of the offense, ineptitude of QB play, facing Revis and Asomugha twice a year, and various personal/health issues for Brandon, he takes a step back. We know the guy is a headcase. Why is it so hard to believe that he falters a little bit on the field?
It's not. This makes logical sense.

Preaching to the choir on that issue.

I think he's in for a very good year with a season in this offense under his belt. 90 catches, 1250 yds, 7 TDs.

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams combined for 70 receptions in 2009, 52 in 2010. Reggie Bush has averaged almost 60 receptions a year in NO (granted they have gone down each year since his rookie year with 88).MIA went out and got a dynamic player in Bush so I'm assuming they plan on getting the ball in his hands in space. We can debate if Reggie is better than Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams as far as making plays (he certainly has more speed and quickness than those two). Assuming Bush stays healthy, I'd say he gets the average of 60 plus 10 - 15 more (I envision a lot of dump off passes). Throw in about 15 to Thomas and a few more sprinkled here and there to the other scrubs...and you come up with numbers like what I projected. I think due to Reggie's arrival, conservativeness of the offense, ineptitude of QB play, facing Revis and Asomugha twice a year, and various personal/health issues for Brandon, he takes a step back. We know the guy is a headcase. Why is it so hard to believe that he falters a little bit on the field?
You're not projecting him to falter a little bit- you're projecting him to have BY FAR his worst season ever (besides rookie year).

Marshall & Henne looking great in preseason with the Dolphins new offense.

I'm projecting 96 rec, 1300 yards, and 8 TD.

I see 98-1150-7 TD. For Marshall . Still dont trust Henne but I always said Marshall is the best WR in football in my opinion. Perfect mix of size , speed and leaping ability. If he had Tom Brady-Manning or even Stafford etc as his QB we would be saying AJ-Fitz-Roddy White-Megatron-Marshall as the top 5 guys.

Marshall was somebody that was not really on my radar because of many of the negatives listed above.

Then my things happen in my 14 team draft the other night and guess who my WR1 is. Before my draft I was already starting to move Marshall up in my rankings. Now, I obviously am paying much more attention to him.

Everything I've seen over the last few weeks seems positive. He looks to be developing solid chemistry with Henne and reports are that he's regained some of the explosiveness he may have lost last season due to injuries. Off the field I look at his awareness of his PBD as a very good thing, and again reports are that he has been a much more mature and focused individual this summer. Also, reading his website and twitter pages (yeah, I know) he definitely SEEMS like a guy who is finally growing up and is ready to play his best football.

For those who were really down on him earlier in the summer, does any of this change your outlook and projections? I am optimistic that he is line to break back into the top 10 and see a really big year in store for him. Henne and Dolphins overall offense is still a concern but Soprano has said they are going to open the offense up this year. Could be coach speak but I don't think they really have a choice.

There was basically nothing in Marshall's 2010 season that wouldn't look better with a few more touchdowns. He finished as WR28 which was well below expectations (most had him in the top10 comfortably, even on a new team). But the thing is that his season met expectations in many ways except for touchdowns.

In the prior three years he averaged 6.67 receptions per game. Last year? 6.14

In the prior three years he averaged .5 touchdowns per game. Last year? .21. Oof.

His yards per catch were actually up from 2009 and not far off from 2008.

I'm sure many of you remember in Bull Durham when Crash Davis talks about the difference between batting .250 and .300 is two extra base hits each week (or month or whatever - I can't remember). The point is that the difference for Marshall being WR28 and, say, WR10 is razor thin.

For example, let's take last weekend's long catch and run for touchdown (60 yards). Place that one catch - a single catch - in his 2010 campaign and he vaults to WR22. Two more touchdowns and 100 more yards and he's in WR1 territory on a PPG basis.

While I try not to be one of those people that says, "Toss out his long runs!" or "What if he breaks one more long run!" during my projections. That said, the variance in touchdown production for receivers is very large and downgrading a player like Marshall (or upgrading a player like Bowe) solely because of a single season of endzone-production is foolish.

There was basically nothing in Marshall's 2010 season that wouldn't look better with a few more touchdowns. He finished as WR28 which was well below expectations (most had him in the top10 comfortably, even on a new team). But the thing is that his season met expectations in many ways except for touchdowns.In the prior three years he averaged 6.67 receptions per game. Last year? 6.14In the prior three years he averaged .5 touchdowns per game. Last year? .21. Oof.His yards per catch were actually up from 2009 and not far off from 2008.I'm sure many of you remember in Bull Durham when Crash Davis talks about the difference between batting .250 and .300 is two extra base hits each week (or month or whatever - I can't remember). The point is that the difference for Marshall being WR28 and, say, WR10 is razor thin. For example, let's take last weekend's long catch and run for touchdown (60 yards). Place that one catch - a single catch - in his 2010 campaign and he vaults to WR22. Two more touchdowns and 100 more yards and he's in WR1 territory on a PPG basis. While I try not to be one of those people that says, "Toss out his long runs!" or "What if he breaks one more long run!" during my projections. That said, the variance in touchdown production for receivers is very large and downgrading a player like Marshall (or upgrading a player like Bowe) solely because of a single season of endzone-production is foolish.
:goodposting:

I took him as my WR1 at the end of the third round. I dont know how some people can take a Deseasn Jackson or Mike Wallace type over this guy. Like said above, a few more TDs and this guy is an easy top ten

Only 4 guys in the past 2 years have had 85/1,100/10 seasons as a WR. Two of them were Roddy White, one was Reggie Wayne, the fourth was Marshall.

Marshall had over 1,000 yards on over 80 receptions in 13.5 games with a new team and a horrible QB situation. A full season, a little improvement from Henne, and a motivated Marshall - 90+, 1,200+, 6 TD+ seasons ahead.

I can't see Marshall being a big TD guy down in MIA, so his value will come down to how many receptions he can get. He should be a decent WR2 in PPR leagues, but I don't see a ton of upside.92 rec, 1075 yards, 6 TD
These stats seem better than a "decent WR2" in a PPR league. Are you suggesting that 15-18 WRs are going to have better PPR stats?

There was basically nothing in Marshall's 2010 season that wouldn't look better with a few more touchdowns. He finished as WR28 which was well below expectations (most had him in the top10 comfortably, even on a new team). But the thing is that his season met expectations in many ways except for touchdowns.In the prior three years he averaged 6.67 receptions per game. Last year? 6.14In the prior three years he averaged .5 touchdowns per game. Last year? .21. Oof.His yards per catch were actually up from 2009 and not far off from 2008.I'm sure many of you remember in Bull Durham when Crash Davis talks about the difference between batting .250 and .300 is two extra base hits each week (or month or whatever - I can't remember). The point is that the difference for Marshall being WR28 and, say, WR10 is razor thin. For example, let's take last weekend's long catch and run for touchdown (60 yards). Place that one catch - a single catch - in his 2010 campaign and he vaults to WR22. Two more touchdowns and 100 more yards and he's in WR1 territory on a PPG basis. While I try not to be one of those people that says, "Toss out his long runs!" or "What if he breaks one more long run!" during my projections. That said, the variance in touchdown production for receivers is very large and downgrading a player like Marshall (or upgrading a player like Bowe) solely because of a single season of endzone-production is foolish.
Posts like this are why I come to this message board.Anyways, I've really liked what I have seen so far from the Dolphins' new offensive coordinator Daboll. It seems like he is taking the approach of getting the ball into his playmakers' hands as often as possible. Get the ball out of Henne's hands and give Marshall and Bush some room to work. I just think there is going to be significantly more room to breathe with the offense this year.90-1260-8

'acapella said:
These stats seem better than a "decent WR2" in a PPR league. Are you suggesting that 15-18 WRs are going to have better PPR stats?
It would have been 10th last year.

So where is Marshall going in drafts?? I just saw an experts draft on ESPN and he went in the 7th round. Am I missing something or is that ridiculously late for someone as talented as Marshall?

I actually nabbed him as my WR2 in the 6th round. I drafted Santonio Holmes first because I had him ranked higher and could not believe he came back around to me in the 6th. A couple of people in my league couldn't believe he fell to me there.

I think Marshall will be good against the lesser teams mostly because of Henne. As much as I hate what Miami is doing I thin Marshall as a WR2, or gawd forbid a WR3, you could do some real damage many weeks to other teams. I would not like him as much if I went RB heavy early and then grabbed him to anchor at the WR1.

80-85+ receptions seems like a no brainer at this point. It's the yds and TDs that are a mystery.

Marshall was still hampered by his hip last year, he is on medication now for his lunacy. He has been a top 5 receiver in PPR before. Marshall in the 4th is a steal.

"So where is Marshall going in drafts?? I just saw an experts draft on ESPN and he went in the 7th round. Am I missing something or is that ridiculously late for someone as talented as Marshall? "

There are no experts at ESPN on Fantasy Football FYI

"So where is Marshall going in drafts?? I just saw an experts draft on ESPN and he went in the 7th round. Am I missing something or is that ridiculously late for someone as talented as Marshall? "There are no experts at ESPN on Fantasy Football FYI
:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread