What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Santonio Holmes, WR, New York Jets (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2011 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

With the labor uncertainty, there are more unanswered questions entering the summer than usual. The good news is that gives us some more time to discuss the merits of players without having to react (or overreact) to the smallest bits of news about a slight injury in practice, or coach speak. We'll have plenty of time for that when it comes (we hope).

In the meantime, as always we will post a list of players to be discussed each week. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discuss expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Santonio Holmes, WR, New York Jets

Player Page Link: Santonio Holmes Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :popcorn: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

What is it with this guy? No projections?

I think he's finally ready to put together a 1,000 yard 10 td season.

What is it with this guy? No projections?I think he's finally ready to put together a 1,000 yard 10 td season.
I completely agree. I had him in my top 10 in my projections.Advantages this year:-by far #1 recieving option-great skills-improving qb with alot of potential-very good running game to avoid to much attention-VERY GOOD red zone wr-heavilty targetted wrConcerns-improving qb like I said but still young-run first team-just got paid big bucksI definetly like the positives over the negatives. I think Santonio could have a nice 3-4 year stretch in the top ten starting this year.

Holmes is still relatively young, but savvy veteran receiver in his 2nd season (with Jets)an also young and still improving franchise qb in Sanchez. Last year Holmes was the clutch receiver for Sanchez and he will remain his #1 option while Plax and Mason work to draw their own coverage. Holmes has very good hands, is a crisp route runner and can get open finding soft spots in the defense. With a good running game and complement of receivers, it will be nice to see him get a full 16 game season and establish himself as one of the premiere wide outs in the game. I see a pretty decent increase in production for Holmes this year.

89 rec. 1210 yards and 9 tds.

9 rushes 89 yards

Edited to clarify that it's his 2nd season with the Jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching Holmes last season, I really felt that he was by far the best wide receiver on the Jets football team. Even though the Jets picked up some more Wr's to attract attention and possibily uncertainty to just how many balls each WR gets, the guy to get is Holmes. I think he has a very solid season and is someone I will be targeting in drafts this season.

77 receptions for 1050 yards and 8 TD's.

Users who are viewing this thread