What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2011 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

With the labor uncertainty, there are more unanswered questions entering the summer than usual. The good news is that gives us some more time to discuss the merits of players without having to react (or overreact) to the smallest bits of news about a slight injury in practice, or coach speak. We'll have plenty of time for that when it comes (we hope).

In the meantime, as always we will post a list of players to be discussed each week. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discuss expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Kenny Britt, WR, Tennessee Titans

Player Page Link: Kenny Britt Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :popcorn: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

Kenny Britt is THE value play at WR this year, not just one of the value plays, THE value play.

In his last healthy game he had 225 yards and three TDs...that's one game. He scored a TD in each of his last 6 healthy games.

Let me repeat that...his last healthy game he had 225 yards and three TDs. He scored a TD in each of his last 6 healthy games.

His YPC is a sick 17.6.

He accomplished all of that with garbage at QB.

With Hasselbeck at the helm I foresee a breakout year for this kid.

85 receptions

1350 yards

11 TDs

Huge, huge value this year and will likely lead a lot of fantasy teams to success given his laughable ADP and WR ranking which is in the 25-35 range.

I'm embarrassed for the entire fantasy football community on this one...that isn't shtick, I'm literally embarrassed for most of the prognosticators out there that missed on this kid.

Drafting kids like this is how you win. Period.

FBG should pin this thread, people are going to win their leagues because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakout year coming with hasslebeck in tow. He is the chosen one.

92 rec/1,387 yards/12 td's

Only thing that can keep him down is injury or doing something stupid.

i'll predict per game stats since i'm not sure about suspension

5.06 receptions pg

82.50 yards pg

0.6875 TD pg

acquired him in 4 different leagues after all the off-field trouble and can't wait, he is a beast

I am going to make a few assumptions.

1) Britt's per game reception numbers will be comparable to last season.

2) Britt's ypc will go down--Hasselbeck is not a deep throwing QB and Britt will face double teams on an even more regular basis.

3) Britt will be suspended two games-so my numbers will assume he starts in 14 games. I don't know this, but it seems reasonable.

4.2 receptions/game times 14 games equals 59 receptions.

Last year his yard/reception was 18.5, which is phenomenal. While I anticipate he will still be very good, I suspect that may not be sustainable. So, I will assume 15.5 yards/reception.

That comes to 914 yards.

TDs are the toughest thing to predict, but I don't see this TENN offense in general being a high scoring unit. I'll predict .5 TDs per game played; hence 7 TDs

59 receptions, 914 yards, and 7 TDs. He could go over 1000 yards if he isn't suspended at all. But I find that highly unlikely.

I think this guy's ADP will creep up as the season approaches, especially if he flashes some preseason connection with Hasselbeck.

That said, I do think he and this team have major meltdown risk, so it's tough to commit. If Fisher was still around, maybe, but there is a lot of unknown with the new coaching staff. Still, I think he's a few preseason TDs away from a fourth round or even higher grade by some people. As mentioned earlier, this kid has flashed big time in recent outings.

FBG projections (Dodds, Wood, and Henry) have pedestrian WR-2 stats (almost stron WR-3 stats) for Britt, however their team stats for the Titans include significant production projections for Randy Moss. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2011/currentproj-oti.phpI pm'd Dodds to inquire the thinking behind that projection. I am curious what the Shark Pool thinks here.
Thanks for pointing this out. Actually the reason Moss is showing up is because he was still tagged as a member of the Titans in our Dbase. My projections for Moss were as a free agent (we have certain free agents projected as a way to keep them in our rankings and applications), and my Titans projections (which match up pass completion per reception, yard for yard, TD for TD) do not factor Moss into the mix. That said, I no sooner saw this thread than had gone in and majorly upgraded my Britt projections. I had him reduced in anticipation of discipline and without a good QB. But with Hass in the mix and an apparent green light from HC Munchak, I've upped his numbers significantly, and that will be reflected in my next projections update (likely on the site tomorrow).For those wondering, he'll now rank WR14 in standard leagues and WR20 in PPR leagues. :thumbup:

Kenny Britt is THE value play at WR this year, not just one of the value plays, THE value play.

In his last healthy game he had 225 yards and three TDs...that's one game. He scored a TD in each of his last 6 healthy games.

Let me repeat that...his last healthy game he had 225 yards and three TDs. He scored a TD in each of his last 6 healthy games.

His YPC is a sick 17.6.

85 receptions

1350 yards

11 TDs

Huge, huge value this year and will likely lead a lot of fantasy teams to success given his laughable ADP and WR ranking which is in the 25-35 range.

I'm embarrassed for the entire fantasy football community on this one...that isn't shtick, I'm literally embarrassed for most of the prognosticators out there that missed on this kid.

FBG should pin this thread, people are going to win their leagues because of it.
why do you think that was his last healthy game?Philly set an epic failure level in coverage in that game. They weren't even there on some plays. It's not his fault, but it's the least impressive 200+ yard performance ever.

time will tell on a Munchak influenced offense, but I gotta believe he's a run first run often type and that some of the other projections in this thread are too high.

Britt drops easy passes at a frustrating rate yet catches the circus ones with ease. He has to "grow up" and concentrate 24/7 if he's going to hit your numbers.

Damian Williams' drop numbers are quite inflated and he's as sure handed as any WR. Britt's drops could lead to Hass spreading it to Williams more.

Williams also was curiously put into several key situations by Fisher last year and did well despite not necessarily playing much the rest of the game.

After being one of the best return guys and doing real well last preseason, little Mariani will "have to" get some action at WR if he does very well in preseason again. He was the first to remind me of Welker or Chrebet-I don't throw that one around like others.

The Titans also have one of the more athletic TEs in Cook.

I just don't think there's enough passing mileage to meet some of the projections in this thread. Hucks' is probably the ceiling.

FBG projections (Dodds, Wood, and Henry) have pedestrian WR-2 stats (almost stron WR-3 stats) for Britt
And those are no different than where the rest of the industry has Britt...blood in the water fellas.
why did Moss not do well on the Titans and why will Britt succeed?
Moss gave up IMHO, and he also got to a place in his career where he had to actually be 100 committed to find success...clearly he wasn't. Britt will succeed because he oozes talent and he's the best receiving threat on a team with a good passing QB.

I love where you can get Britt at this time. His ADP is very low for the type of talent he is. Missing the first few weeks isn't a big deal because you do not have to even draft him as your WR1 or WR2. So he can sit on your bench for a few weeks, then when he comes back you can prepare for WR1 numbers for the rest of the way. He has a competent QB this year and if you saw any of him last year, you know what type of numbers he can put up any given week.

Ill give you him getting suspended/missing 2 games:

in 14 games

Catches: 70 Yards: 1120 TDs 8

Somewhere around there, his YPC throughout his young career is 17.6, But I figured that to drop considering it was such a small sample size. I dropped it to 16 and I gave him 5 catches per game. Thats borderline elite numbers and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Britt puts up something very close to this. Guys like this dont go round 7 or lower like Britt is going right now. Grab him while you can and take the hit if hes out the first few weeks, Patience is a virtue!

His YPC is a sick 17.6.

85 receptions

1350 yards

11 TDs

why do you think that was his last healthy game?Philly set an epic failure level in coverage in that game. They weren't even there on some plays. It's not his fault, but it's the least impressive 200+ yard performance ever.

time will tell on a Munchak influenced offense, but I gotta believe he's a run first run often type and that some of the other projections in this thread are too high.

Britt drops easy passes at a frustrating rate yet catches the circus ones with ease. He has to "grow up" and concentrate 24/7 if he's going to hit your numbers.

Damian Williams' drop numbers are quite inflated and he's as sure handed as any WR. Britt's drops could lead to Hass spreading it to Williams more.

Williams also was curiously put into several key situations by Fisher last year and did well despite not necessarily playing much the rest of the game.

After being one of the best return guys and doing real well last preseason, little Mariani will "have to" get some action at WR if he does very well in preseason again. He was the first to remind me of Welker or Chrebet-I don't throw that one around like others.

The Titans also have one of the more athletic TEs in Cook.

I just don't think there's enough passing mileage to meet some of the projections in this thread. Hucks' is probably the ceiling.
:confused: He had two drops last year. :confused: http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9294&team=10

Kenny Britt is a very talented WR on the field but his antics off the field are what scares owners when drafting. There's a cloud of uncertainty that hangs around Kenny Britt since he could be suspended by the commissioner, he'll have a new QB throwing him the ball who tends to have back issues, and there's the old addage that a leopard doesn't change his spots. He could very well add to his problems any given day, nobody would be surprised if we saw another Kenny Britt story about how he got in trouble before the season started.

He has proven to be a talented WR and fantasy force in given situations for the Titans. Britt is a guy to tag and keep a close eye on his situation. The closer the season gets, if nothing has happened to Britt then he'll be worthy of taking a shot on him later in your drafts. He's practically impossible to accurately prognosticate but here it goes:

63 recpetions for 825 yards and 6 Td's

Yes, it's sad because he's a talented WR but he can't seem to not have issues off the field. He probably won't get suspended and I think he gets in trouble again and the Titans ultimately release him.

15 catches/132 yds/ 1 td

The door to his NFL career is closing fast.

I'll take a guy who has off the field problems any day over the injury risk player. Much easier to plan for.

I'm just really sour on Britt this year. What an A..hole.All the talent in the world and it doesn't seem to matter to him that he's not only mucking up his NFL career but his life as well. In the 1obold predictions thread I posted that he'll get in trouble again during the season ans the Titans will finally have had enough and release him. Some will disagrre and that's fine if you wanna risk taking him but he is one of my top 5 players to avoid at all cost this year. Those of you that roll with him, good luck cause you'll need it,but I think you're going to enf up disapponted you drsfted him when you coulda not created the aggravation for yourself. I too am guilty of being enamored with players and their talent only to be left feeling empty and chaeted because they should produced because I drafted them.

FFballers are a forgiving bunc and have short memories. We like to take the bad guy and watch him explode and pat ourselves on the back for going out on a limb with the guy. I'll tell you now, those of you who go out on that limb this year with Kenny Britt are gonna tumble to the ground with him and have to pick splinters out your ####. If he blows up I don't lose anything not drafting him. If I draft him and he sucks and gets released I'll be cursing myself for not going with a more safer boring pick. Don't get me wrong as I'd love nothing more than for Kenny to have an excellant fantasy season but I honestly just don't see thst hsppening for him this year.

You canbet he'll be onsa short leash and they may team him up with a life coach. That oughta turn out ridiculous. Kenny plays to the beat of adifferent drum and his theme song willmore tha like be 'Wipeout'. I pray for you kenney but I don't think god's gonna answer those prayers unless he sees an effort on your part to turn your life and football career around. Your head needs an overhaul and once that's done you might stand a chance of becoming an elite WR, I'll give you the benefit of thedoubt snd we'll see what' transpires.I'm not condemning you but I think the road ahead of you is gonna be too much. If the Titans relase you, which I feel they wiil you may want to seriously consider a career move other than football.

I will change my originl projection beacuae the first one was horredous.

Kenny Britt's 2011 season goes like this. 33 receptions/369 yds/ 3 td's before the shiot hits the fan and they outright release him before week 6. Damian Williams will be the big winner in this situation and takes full advatage of his opportunities and posts some excellant stats in his 2nd year.

I also feel that Britt is the steal of the fantasy draft for 2011. WR2 easily with WR1 potential.

Britt already has another hamstring issue....which is death to wr remember issac bruce early on.....and already missed a bunch of games last season. That along with a new QB and his work ethic would steer me away from this guy.

I love this guys talent. Perhaps it's because I'm in Australia but the Britt issues seem a bit overblown. Sure he might struggle to get over them but they won't be to knock his talent out of the league altogether. I can't buy this guy cheap in any of my leagues either.

THIS year, 1000, 8 TDs.

NEXT year, head on straight, 1200+ comfortably.

I am going to make a few assumptions.3) Britt will be suspended two games-so my numbers will assume he starts in 14 games. I don't know this, but it seems reasonable. He could go over 1000 yards if he isn't suspended at all. But I find that highly unlikely.
How do you figure he will be suspended two games? Last I read is that the NFLPA wouldn't budge on suspensions for players that got in trouble during a lockout, as the NFL has zero ground to stand on with that argument.And Hasselbeck doesn't in any way hurt Britt, no Hass isn't going to chunk it down field, but was Vince Young doing that at any point? The guy has top 4 talent at WR. He just has to grow up.And his injury is minor. I've read that if he had a game to play he could go, but they're not rushing it for the pre-season.

Titans fan here, not a FF guy, so take this for what it's worth...

*IF* the Titans manage to re-sign DMase, then I bet Britt busts out bigtime this year. Mase is a pro's pro and won't stand for any of Kenny's knucklehead antics. He'll force Britt to take the game seriously and look after himself. He'll also teach Britt how to prepare week in, week out. And while I agree that Hasselbeck will never be mistaken for Doug Williams, he can certainly sling the pig 20 yards, and Britt has tremendous potential for YAC. Britt also looks a bit more bulked up this year. Right now the coaching staff is deliberately taking baby steps to get him on the field because of his history of hamstring problems (which are all related to him NOT staying in shape all year long).

Also, for those interested, Damian Williams has put on 10 lbs. of muscle over the offseason and is expected to be a much bigger contributor on offense this season regardless of whether or not Britt can keep his head and hammys in the game. Though if Mase signs on for another tour of duty with the Titans I could see it affecting how much impact DWill has this season, as they're essentially the same type of WR. Mase would be an absolute blueprint for Williams' NFL career, though.

Let's get a bump this thread, since he's now not suspended.

Apparently everyone in my league was worried about his suspension. I drafted this past weekend (Saturday night). I checked rotoworld and saw at about 8:20 they announced no suspension. At 8:25 I grabbed him at 10.3, pick 93 overall. I keep bragging about what great value I got, but no one still seems that impressed with him. I guess he's mine to keep. Looking at what everyone in this thread thinks of him has me pretty excited. I myself must admit I was not too excited about Britt pre-draft, but I really didn't think that one through enough. While looking into him and his situation more, I am very excited about him, but I do think Hasselbeck holds him back some. However, even if Tennessee is a run team (Assuming they sign CJ soon, no reason not to be), they have a bunch of games on their schedule against high scoring teams with bad pass defenses, so they should be throwing the ball a bit and should be doing well via the air (games vs houston, new orleans, indy, atlanta, etc). This guy could be that 3rd year breakout. I think he will be a big red zone presence.

stay healthy kenny!

16 games

65 rec

1000 yards

8 tds

Let's get a bump this thread, since he's now not suspended.Apparently everyone in my league was worried about his suspension. I drafted this past weekend (Saturday night). I checked rotoworld and saw at about 8:20 they announced no suspension. At 8:25 I grabbed him at 10.3, pick 93 overall. I keep bragging about what great value I got, but no one still seems that impressed with him. I guess he's mine to keep. Looking at what everyone in this thread thinks of him has me pretty excited. I myself must admit I was not too excited about Britt pre-draft, but I really didn't think that one through enough. While looking into him and his situation more, I am very excited about him, but I do think Hasselbeck holds him back some. However, even if Tennessee is a run team (Assuming they sign CJ soon, no reason not to be), they have a bunch of games on their schedule against high scoring teams with bad pass defenses, so they should be throwing the ball a bit and should be doing well via the air (games vs houston, new orleans, indy, atlanta, etc). This guy could be that 3rd year breakout. I think he will be a big red zone presence. stay healthy kenny!16 games65 rec1000 yards8 tds
He's certainly got some knucklhead risk and some injury risk with the hammy but he's a home run as your #3 wr. He has the potential the be a #1 with his talent, he's got a much better QB situation, he's still young and developing and he's the only show in town receiving wise. I've targetted and got him in each draft this year. He's being drafted at or below his floor.

I myself must admit I was not too excited about Britt pre-draft
His possible suspension didn't concern me pre-draft, it's his constant hamstring issues that make me see warning flags. hopefully his hamstring will be 100% soon, and it would be nice if he stays out of the county jail.

Keep an eye on Nate Washington. He got 5+ catches against the Bears.He will be the main competition to take targets away from Britt.

Kenny Britt's 2011 season goes like this. 33 receptions/369 yds/ 3 td's before the shiot hits the fan and they outright release him before week 6.
That's a 106 catch, 1180 yard, 10 touchdown pace. ;)
Keep an eye on Nate Washington. He got 5+ catches against the Bears.He will be the main competition to take targets away from Britt.
I disagree. Washington has led the team in receptions this preseason but most of his targets are coming on the same three routes. While Washington is getting early looks from Hass, the offense will get more complex (or more will be implemented / revealed) during the regular season. Jared Cook didn't play much on Saturday and Chris Johnson and Britt aren't even on the field. In other words, the choice on many of Washington's catches was to throw to the steady Washington or gamble downfield to Damien Williams. Will Washington have value in larger leagues? Absolutely. But I suspect he's going to be no better then 3rd or 4th in receptions on a primarily rushing team, which doesn't bode well for 12 teamers.

He went 7.1 in my 10-team draft after the news came out about no suspension. Considering I went to Rutgers, I have always loved Britt's talent, but the guy is risky for more than one reason. First and foremost the hammy is a concern. If you are bumping Foster down then you have to feel at least similarly about Britt, though they say he is expected to play this Thursday. Second is of course the off-field stuff, he's one more dumb move away from being suspended and leaving you high and dry. All that said I agree that at his current price of a 7th rounder or so, he's a huge home run at #3 WR IF he plays all 16 games.

If that happens I could easily see 65/1150/10 I don't know if you can count on him playing 16 games, but getting him late means you aren't risking as much.

Users who are viewing this thread