#1 mambomambo

mambomambo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 19-June 08

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Here we go again (4th year of this REQUEST) - Separate CB/S and DT/DE PLEASE!! Rankings are already separated..... Are we going to see this in our lifetime?

#2 saintsfan1977

saintsfan1977

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

This close to the season I doubt it. I dont know who writes the DD but it seems like they only work during the summer Im not sure if they are busy with rankings or another job but they need to upgrade this thing with the amount of memberships they get each year. I support Footballguys every year for the last 5 years.

#3 GridironMenace

GridironMenace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

Bruce Henderson does the DD (as far as I know). Seems like a nice enough guy, but certainly isn't the best at being customer friendly. FBG really needs to hire someone to be the mouthpiece for the DD to answer questions and take recommendations (like this one) seriously. Bruce has not been capable (or accepting) of such things in the past several years. Ashame, really. Disclaimer: the next paragraph is conjuncture. I'll take it one step further and say that given Bruce's level of laxity on the DD (and this forum), I believe that Joe and David would like to buy the rights of the DD from Bruce, but Bruce won't let them. I think Joe and David would love to let Bruce go and hire someone to improve the DD. The user interface needs a complete overhaul, I mean you can't even TAB over and it looks like a program straight out of the 90's.

Edited by GridironMenace, 09 August 2011 - 01:48 PM.

MRI on twitter ... Torn Labia ...

What's a labia? Where did you see this?

#4 saintsfan1977

saintsfan1977

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

Bruce Henderson does the DD (as far as I know). Seems like a nice enough guy, but certainly isn't the best at being customer friendly. FBG really needs to hire someone to be the mouthpiece for the DD to answer questions and take recommendations (like this one) seriously. Bruce has not been capable (or accepting) of such things in the past several years. Ashame, really. Disclaimer: the next paragraph is conjuncture. I'll take it one step further and say that given Bruce's level of laxity on the DD (and this forum), I believe that Joe and David would like to buy the rights of the DD from Bruce, but Bruce won't let them. I think Joe and David would love to let Bruce go and hire someone to improve the DD. The user interface needs a complete overhaul, I mean you can't even TAB over and it looks like a program straight out of the 90's.

Maybe every member should SPAM the boards until they get the message. This site has alot of information but it could cater to its customers better than it has in the past. This site is not even listed on the first page in Google under fantasy football rankings. Maybe they dont care anymore? Someone needs to come forth. And Joe and David should make up their own site if Bruce is the problem. They already know the ins and outs adn have the references to make it happen.

#5 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:The University of California, Berkeley

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

I will only say, based on what has been posted here by Bruce, Joe and David, this is just wrong.
Yes, I still hate Mack Brown.

#6 saintsfan1977

saintsfan1977

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 13-August 10

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

I will only say, based on what has been posted here by Bruce, Joe and David, this is just wrong.

Can you give information on why the DD has not been upgraded? Every year there are threads requesting certain things and for 5 years the program is nearly unchanged. Is there a reason for this?

#7 GridironMenace

GridironMenace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Maybe every member should SPAM the boards until they get the message. This site has alot of information but it could cater to its customers better than it has in the past. This site is not even listed on the first page in Google under fantasy football rankings. Maybe they dont care anymore? Someone needs to come forth. And Joe and David should make up their own site if Bruce is the problem. They already know the ins and outs adn have the references to make it happen.

Money talks. That's it. FBG is well known without spending the cash to be #1 on google's search engine for select keywords. So they probably feel like they don't need to spend the cash. I'm not sure I would say Bruce is 'the problem' but I think Joe/David rely too heavily on Bruce for the DD because they don't know much about the coding of such an application. Bruce gets compensated (quite nicely I'm assuming) to allow his program to be used exclusively by FBG. Bruce just doesn't seem to want to improve upon it (it's the same tired program with the same interface for the last 5 years). I reckon it to a Madden football game where they update the stats/depth charts, slap the new year on it and sell it as new. The DD is the best program of it's kind, but it you want to stay on top, you can't get lazy. There are other programs (Rotoworld's to name just one) that are creeping ever closer. The one thing that Joe/David need to recognize is that if the DD gets bypassed a lot of people will stop subscribing. There are a ton of people that only subscribe for the DD (that's me, hi). I think it's about time they started to demand more of Bruce, but then they risk Bruce leaving FBG with his program and starting his own site to sell the DD. I'm sure its a touchy subject and that toes are trying to not be stepped on.

#8 GridironMenace

GridironMenace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

GoBears, some of it is conjecture, so I dont doubt that some of it may not be 100% accurate. However, with that said, can you explain why the DD interface hasn't been improved upon...ever? How come things like separating the CB/S and DE/DT hasn't been addressed? The DD hardly ever contains any new features or updates year after year. 3-4 years ago Bruce used to be good at answering questions, but just take a look down this forum. Bruce barely responds to anyone and when/if he does it is usually a 1 sentence response. This is supposed to be Bruce's baby. Why doesn't he act like it and make more of a presence on his own forum? If the people that pay your salary request features be added and they make sense and are relatively easy to implement, why not do it? Instead, 90% of people get ignored and barely any requests get filled. GoBears, year after year it's the same stuff. You should know because you have been here for awhile and you do a lot of question answering for Bruce.

#9 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

Bruce Henderson does the DD (as far as I know). Seems like a nice enough guy, but certainly isn't the best at being customer friendly. FBG really needs to hire someone to be the mouthpiece for the DD to answer questions and take recommendations (like this one) seriously. Bruce has not been capable (or accepting) of such things in the past several years. Ashame, really.

Disclaimer: the next paragraph is conjuncture. I'll take it one step further and say that given Bruce's level of laxity on the DD (and this forum), I believe that Joe and David would like to buy the rights of the DD from Bruce, but Bruce won't let them. I think Joe and David would love to let Bruce go and hire someone to improve the DD. The user interface needs a complete overhaul, I mean you can't even TAB over and it looks like a program straight out of the 90's.

GoBears, some of it is conjecture, so I dont doubt that some of it may not be 100% accurate. However, with that said, can you explain why the DD interface hasn't been improved upon...ever? How come things like separating the CB/S and DE/DT hasn't been addressed? The DD hardly ever contains any new features or updates year after year. 3-4 years ago Bruce used to be good at answering questions, but just take a look down this forum. Bruce barely responds to anyone and when/if he does it is usually a 1 sentence response. This is supposed to be Bruce's baby. Why doesn't he act like it and make more of a presence on his own forum? If the people that pay your salary request features be added and they make sense and are relatively easy to implement, why not do it? Instead, 90% of people get ignored and barely any requests get filled.

GoBears, year after year it's the same stuff. You should know because you have been here for awhile and you do a lot of question answering for Bruce.

There was a thread in the Shark Pool last year that I happened to stumble upon again tonight.

Bruce doesn't get paid as much as you think he does. He's not even full time on FBG's - he has a job. In the thread, Joe said as much and explained how he wished they brought in more money so that they COULD bring on Bruce full time. Bruce once told me he tries to check the forum when he gets up in the morning and in the evening when he can.

People say that they have a FBG's subscription just for the DD. I don't. I use the LD during the season, I keep updated with the in-season emails and content. That all takes time and resources and is probably why Bruce isn't full time.

Have you ever programmed? The beauty of the DD is it's simplicity. For the most part it always works. It's essentially a souped of EXCEL program with some really cool features. It's not meant to draft for you - it's meant to augment your draft. It's a (very) good tool.

I don't know, but I think the decision this year was to go with the MAC version because it has been neglected for so long. That means the PC DD doesn't get updated.

If you want to complain about separating IDP players out, that's on Dodds because he does the projections. My gut feel is that it's not done because it takes so much time. During the season everybody wants projections by Tuesday night so they can get their Waivers in. The last games end late Monday and Joe has ~ 24 hours to get them done.

For the record, I'm just a guy who knows the program fairly well and likes to answer questions a couple of times a day...

Edited by GoBears84, 09 August 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#10 GridironMenace

GridironMenace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

Bruce Henderson does the DD (as far as I know). Seems like a nice enough guy, but certainly isn't the best at being customer friendly. FBG really needs to hire someone to be the mouthpiece for the DD to answer questions and take recommendations (like this one) seriously. Bruce has not been capable (or accepting) of such things in the past several years. Ashame, really.

Disclaimer: the next paragraph is conjuncture. I'll take it one step further and say that given Bruce's level of laxity on the DD (and this forum), I believe that Joe and David would like to buy the rights of the DD from Bruce, but Bruce won't let them. I think Joe and David would love to let Bruce go and hire someone to improve the DD. The user interface needs a complete overhaul, I mean you can't even TAB over and it looks like a program straight out of the 90's.

GoBears, some of it is conjecture, so I dont doubt that some of it may not be 100% accurate. However, with that said, can you explain why the DD interface hasn't been improved upon...ever? How come things like separating the CB/S and DE/DT hasn't been addressed? The DD hardly ever contains any new features or updates year after year. 3-4 years ago Bruce used to be good at answering questions, but just take a look down this forum. Bruce barely responds to anyone and when/if he does it is usually a 1 sentence response. This is supposed to be Bruce's baby. Why doesn't he act like it and make more of a presence on his own forum? If the people that pay your salary request features be added and they make sense and are relatively easy to implement, why not do it? Instead, 90% of people get ignored and barely any requests get filled.

GoBears, year after year it's the same stuff. You should know because you have been here for awhile and you do a lot of question answering for Bruce.

There was a thread in the Shark Pool last year that I happened to stumble upon again tonight.

Bruce doesn't get paid as much as you think he does. He's not even full time on FBG's - he has a job. In the thread, Joe said as much and explained how he wished they brought in more money so that they COULD bring on Bruce full time. Bruce once told me he tries to check the forum when he gets up in the morning and in the evening when he can.

That's a fine and dandy. It really isn't about how much he gets paid. I guess for me it is more about the fact that the DD is a subscriber only program. If it wasn't a subscriber program and Bruce/FBG didn't want to update it nearly as much, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But people are paying money for a subscription and a lot of those people do it for the DD, so I would expect updates for a paid service and for requests to be implemented.

People say that they have a FBG's subscription just for the DD. I don't. I use the LD during the season, I keep updated with the in-season emails and content. That all takes time and resources and is probably why Bruce isn't full time.

Not that it matters, but I hardly ever read the emails. A matter of fact, I get them sent to my spam email address and I hardly ever check them. I don't even download the LD because I would prefer to use my own lineup. Bottom line, is that as long as the DD is a paid program, there should be more attention to their customers that ask questions about it and the implementation of requests. Maybe Bruce isn't full time because he doesn't like fantasy football. Maybe he's just a programmer that happens to have a program for the subject. Who knows and it doesn't really matter much I suppose.

Have you ever programmed? The beauty of the DD is it's simplicity. For the most part it always works. It's essentially a souped of EXCEL program with some really cool features. It's not meant to draft for you - it's meant to augment your draft. It's a (very) good tool.

No. I don't know the first thing about programming. However, I do know the first thing about customer service. These requests have been going on for years, so no matter how difficult it is, we've had more than enough time to implement features if the powers that be wanted to do them.

I don't know, but I think the decision this year was to go with the MAC version because it has been neglected for so long. That means the PC DD doesn't get updated.

I disagree. We didn't have any new features last year without a Mac version. Or the year before etc... So I the fact there is a Mac verion (which is a great step in the right direction) has zero to do with the reason the user interface/features haven't been updated/added.

#11 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

Interesting arguments - yet you subscribe every year.

It's simple - if you don't like it - don't subscribe.

If you subscribe and you aren't happy - email Joe or David and ask for your money back. Tell them why. That might have more impact than posting your complaints in the forum.

#12 GridironMenace

GridironMenace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

Interesting arguments - yet you subscribe every year.

It's simple - if you don't like it - don't subscribe.

If you subscribe and you aren't happy - email Joe or David and ask for your money back. Tell them why. That might have more impact than posting your complaints in the forum.

Who said that I didn't like it? I stated that it was the best program available and the sole reason I subscribe. However, there are other programs that are catching up. If they were to ever be better I'll jumpship. So will many others I would assume.

The only point I'm making is the fact that the person(s) that are responsible for adding content to the DD have gotten complacent. They aren't listening to subscribers. They hardly ever come on the forum to answer questions and no real updates to the program have been made in years.

If your only defense to the points that I have made in previous posts is to say: "if I don't like it, leave", then I guess my point has merit. Whether or not you would like to acknowledge it for fear it may make Bruce/Joe/David think differently of you, is another story altogether.

#13 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

The only point I'm making is the fact that the person(s) that are responsible for adding content to the DD have gotten complacent. They aren't listening to subscribers. They hardly ever come on the forum to answer questions and no real updates to the program have been made in years. If your only defense to the points that I have made in previous posts is to say: "if I don't like it, leave", then I guess my point has merit. Whether or not you would like to acknowledge it for fear it may make Bruce/Joe/David think differently of you, is another story altogether.

Actually you made some other points, including "Maybe every member should SPAM the boards until they get the message. This site has alot of information but it could cater to its customers better than it has in the past. This site is not even listed on the first page in Google under fantasy football rankings. Maybe they dont care anymore? Someone needs to come forth. And Joe and David should make up their own site if Bruce is the problem. They already know the ins and outs adn have the references to make it happen." The problem isn't Bruce. If you subscribe and you aren't happy - email Joe or David and ask for your money back. Tell them why. That might have more impact than posting your complaints in the forum. I agree that the program could use some updating. I'm one of the first every year to point to the threads asking what is going to be done. I would love to see some options. But some of your comments were just ignorant and wrong.

#14 mambomambo

mambomambo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 19-June 08

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

It is not about if you dont like you need to get your money back....that should not be the attitude here. This is about having this request going for years now.....as a matter of fact, DAVID DODDS himself said this was going to be done 2 years ago....then he said it wouldnt happen because of the mobile work, etc...then last year he mentioned in the Shark Poll it was going to be done, and then it wasnt done for a variety of reasons. We know Bruce is busy and he went through some personal issues last year. BUT if you say it is going to get done, then do it. Otherwise dont say anything. This is what get us upset. FBG is by far the best site out there. These positions are already broken down and projected separately in the site, there is no need to do new projections. IF Bruce doesnt have the time to do it, I can price it for them. I guarantee it will not cost more than $5000 to get this done, If that..... This is all VBA based. It is not C++. But obviously this is not and will never be a priority....IDP'ers be damned.... It is not like we have any other options outside of FBG....so they have us by the balls....

Edited by mambomambo, 13 August 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#15 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

It is not about if you dont like you need to get your money back....that should not be the attitude here. This is about having this request going for years now.....as a matter of fact, DAVID DODDS himself said this was going to be done 2 years ago....then he said it wouldnt happen because of the mobile work, etc...then last year he mentioned in the Shark Poll it was going to be done, and then it wasnt done for a variety of reasons. We know Bruce is busy and he went through some personal issues last year. BUT if you say it is going to get done, then do it. Otherwise dont say anything. This is what get us upset. FBG is by far the best site out there. These positions are already broken down and projected separately in the site, there is no need to do new projections. IF Bruce doesnt have the time to do it, I can price it for them. I guarantee it will not cost more than $5000 to get this done, If that..... This is all VBA based. It is not C++. But obviously this is not and will never be a priority....IDP'ers be damned.... It is not like we have any other options outside of FBG....so they have us by the balls....

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. But what I'm saying, and what you appear to be missing is this: Email Dodds and Bryant, tell then you aren't happy and why and see what they say. We've asked for all sorts of options and features and platforms to be developed and associated timelines - and nothing is ever communicated. Maybe you'll get the answers you are looking for. You certainly aren't getting anywhere here in the forum...

#16 Ysatnaf_Gnik

Ysatnaf_Gnik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. But what I'm saying, and what you appear to be missing is this: Email Dodds and Bryant, tell then you aren't happy and why and see what they say. We've asked for all sorts of options and features and platforms to be developed and associated timelines - and nothing is ever communicated. Maybe you'll get the answers you are looking for. You certainly aren't getting anywhere here in the forum...

I have....got the same story as Mambo

#17 snellman

snellman

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,526 posts
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

If you want to complain about separating IDP players out, that's on Dodds because he does the projections. My gut feel is that it's not done because it takes so much time. During the season everybody wants projections by Tuesday night so they can get their Waivers in. The last games end late Monday and Joe has ~ 24 hours to get them done.

Bramel actually does the IDP projections and if you go to your My FBG page, you can break it down to CB or S, DE or DT, shoot you can even separate to OLB or ILB if you want. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to transfer those over to DD, but I am no computer expert so I may be way off base.
2011 IDP Survivor Champion!
2012 WSL3 Champion!

2013 FFA Survivor Champion!
AD

YOU CAN'T STOP HIM. YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN HIM!!! :pickle: :headbang:

#18 Ysatnaf_Gnik

Ysatnaf_Gnik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

Correct Snellman.....lets hope ONE DAY, this actually gets done....

#19 Ysatnaf_Gnik

Ysatnaf_Gnik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Here we go again (5th year of this REQUEST) - Separate CB/S and DT/DE PLEASE!! Rankings are already separated.....
Are we going to see this in our lifetime?

#20 Joe Bryant

Joe Bryant

Footballguy

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 35,788 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Here we go again (5th year of this REQUEST) - Separate CB/S and DT/DE PLEASE!! Rankings are already separated.....

Hi Folks,

First off, I apologize for not being responsive in this forum. I hope we are able to do better with that this year.

I'm a believer that even if it's bad news, it's better to give the bad news than to not communicate.

Unfortunately, here's the bad news for now for those that are asking for some changes: For the 2012 season, it looks like the Draft Dominator will be virtually the same as it was last season.

We know there are things that some people would like to see changed. The reality of it though is that we're putting the time and effort into other areas - mostly into mobile technology. And to be fair, we think the 2011 version is the best drafting tool available anywhere.

I know this won't be well received. But I wanted to let folks know an accurate assessment of where we are there. Please don't stop with the suggested improvements as we always want to see what you guys see as things we need. But please understand that for this season, the DD will be virtually the same as it was in 2011.

Thanks for being a part of Footballguys and I'm sorry to be giving what I know will be seen as bad news by some. I just wanted to let you guys know where we are.

J

Joe Bryant
Owner - www.Footballguys.com
Why Subscribe to Footballguys?

#21 Ysatnaf_Gnik

Ysatnaf_Gnik

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 25-June 08

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thank you for stopping by Joe. Yes, not the answer we wanted. But I rather have an answer than to keep bothering you with these threads. I will get back to bothering you next year! ;)

#22 fflmonster

fflmonster

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 02-July 07

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hi Folks,

First off, I apologize for not being responsive in this forum. I hope we are able to do better with that this year.

I'm a believer that even if it's bad news, it's better to give the bad news than to not communicate.

Unfortunately, here's the bad news for now for those that are asking for some changes: For the 2012 season, it looks like the Draft Dominator will be virtually the same as it was last season.

We know there are things that some people would like to see changed. The reality of it though is that we're putting the time and effort into other areas - mostly into mobile technology. And to be fair, we think the 2011 version is the best drafting tool available anywhere.

I know this won't be well received. But I wanted to let folks know an accurate assessment of where we are there. Please don't stop with the suggested improvements as we always want to see what you guys see as things we need. But please understand that for this season, the DD will be virtually the same as it was in 2011.

Thanks for being a part of Footballguys and I'm sorry to be giving what I know will be seen as bad news by some. I just wanted to let you guys know where we are.

J

Joe,

Does this mean we may see an Ipad version of the 2011 draft dominator?

I would love to see this.

#23 Joe Bryant

Joe Bryant

Footballguy

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 35,788 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hi fflmonster,

It won't be as full featured as the Draft Dominator but the plan is to have a "draft mode" for the iPad magazine. I think it's going to be really cool. But it's still under construction - we'll keep chugging.

J

Hi Folks,

J

Joe,

Does this mean we may see an Ipad version of the 2011 draft dominator?

I would love to see this.

Joe Bryant
Owner - www.Footballguys.com
Why Subscribe to Footballguys?

#24 mambomambo

mambomambo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 19-June 08

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here we go again (NOW the 6th year of this REQUEST)[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);] - Separate CB/S and DT/DE PLEASE!! Rankings are already separated.....[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);]Are we going to see this in our lifetime?[/color]

#25 red

red

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,952 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

DD for iPad yet?
"Life is a struggle against bad data"

#26 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

DD for iPad yet?

The DraftGM appears to be the way they will handle the iPad.  Not as powerful, but still useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users