#1 TarHeelColt

TarHeelColt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hello I'm in a 12 team h2h league with the following roster settings and Im trying to make sure Ive got it set up correctly in Draft Dominator. The rules for my draft are: 15 round draft, no max limit to roster spots, and we start: 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 1 TE 1 K 1 D 6 Bench That said in DD on the General tab for Setup I have it set up as follows: Starter entries are the same as above: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D Roster spot selections, since there isnt a set limit, I have it set up as follows: 2 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D The flex checkboxes checked are: RB, WR, and TE Is this correct? Does the need multiplier in the best value window somehow factor in this information? Does the need multiplier focus more on the starter selections or the roster spot selections. This is a little confusing to me.

Edited by TarHeelColt, 14 August 2011 - 11:09 AM.

#2 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

It looks correct. The Need Factor is based on your starters. All starters are 1.00, and then once you have your starters it goes down depending on the quality of your starters.

#3 TarHeelColt

TarHeelColt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

It looks correct. The Need Factor is based on your starters. All starters are 1.00, and then once you have your starters it goes down depending on the quality of your starters.

Thanks for your help Bruce! I got another league I was hoping you could review and make sure its set up correctly in DD as well. Its a 12 team h2h league w/ an 18 round draft. The roster limits are as follows: TEN active players, 6 reserve players, and 2 for injured reserve. It gets a little more complicated. The MINIMUM starters for each player are as follows: 1 QB 2 RB 0 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D The MAX starters for each player are as follows: 1 QB 3 RB 4 WR 4 TE 1 K 1 D There is a MAX limit for the following positions on my roster: 3 QB 4 RB 6 WR Laslty, injured players do not count against positional roster limits. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now based on this info I attempted to set this up in DD. I really dont think its right though. On the General tab for Setup I have it set up as follows: For starter entries I went with: 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 4 TE, 1 K, 1 D Roster spot entries I went with: 3 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 1 K, and 2 D/ST No flexed boxes checked as there are no flex players Please let me know if Im way off or if you have any suggestions...

Edited by TarHeelColt, 14 August 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#4 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:The University of California, Berkeley

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hello I'm in a 12 team h2h league with the following roster settings and Im trying to make sure Ive got it set up correctly in Draft Dominator. The rules for my draft are: 15 round draft, no max limit to roster spots, and we start: 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) 1 TE 1 K 1 D 6 Bench That said in DD on the General tab for Setup I have it set up as follows: Starter entries are the same as above: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D Roster spot selections, since there isnt a set limit, I have it set up as follows: 2 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D The flex checkboxes checked are: RB, WR, and TE Is this correct? Does the need multiplier in the best value window somehow factor in this information? Does the need multiplier focus more on the starter selections or the roster spot selections. This is a little confusing to me.

Need multiplier focuses on the roster. If you need to start 2 RB with a possibility of 1 flexed, the NM will be 1.0 until 3 are taken. After 3 it will drop to 0.7 (you can mock to see for yourself). I like to set my roster positions to match historical numbers. I might suggest 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 1 each of flex, TE, PK, DEF.
Yes, I still hate Mack Brown.

#5 yrforyg

yrforyg

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Joined 25-August 10

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I'm in a league with 16 roster spots: starters 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF I've been getting good results out of draft dominator by having the starters and roster spots set as follows:
starters roster flexqb   1.0      2.0rb   2.0      3.0    xwr   2.0      3.0    xte   1.0      1.0flex 1.0      5.0pk   1.0      1.0def  1.0      1.0

#6 TarHeelColt

TarHeelColt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:18 AM

Need multiplier focuses on the roster. If you need to start 2 RB with a possibility of 1 flexed, the NM will be 1.0 until 3 are taken. After 3 it will drop to 0.7 (you can mock to see for yourself). I like to set my roster positions to match historical numbers. I might suggest 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 1 each of flex, TE, PK, DEF.

GoBears, Are you suggesting I make these changes to the starter entries and simply zero out all the roster entries or would the roster entries be the same as your proposed starter entry suggestion: 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 1 each of flex, TE, PK, DEF?

Edited by TarHeelColt, 15 August 2011 - 06:19 AM.

#7 love4win

love4win

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Many of the teams in my league have drafted 2 TEs and 2 DEFs in the past, sometimes before I have even drafted my first. I personally only want to carry 1 of each. Should I set TE and DEF at 1 reflecting my personal max or 2 to let DD take into account some teams may fill a 2nd roster spot?

#8 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:The University of California, Berkeley

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

GoBears, Are you suggesting I make these changes to the starter entries and simply zero out all the roster entries or would the roster entries be the same as your proposed starter entry suggestion: 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 1 each of flex, TE, PK, DEF?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My suggestions were for roster entries. For Starter it has to 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D. If some of the guys in your league go 2 DEF or 2 PK then you could increase those roster spots for mocks, but I would set them to 1 for your draft so that DD doesn't recommend them.

Many of the teams in my league have drafted 2 TEs and 2 DEFs in the past, sometimes before I have even drafted my first. I personally only want to carry 1 of each. Should I set TE and DEF at 1 reflecting my personal max or 2 to let DD take into account some teams may fill a 2nd roster spot?

Same answer - you could increase those roster spots to 2 for mocks, but I would set them to 1 for your draft so that DD doesn't recommend them.
Yes, I still hate Mack Brown.

#9 TarHeelColt

TarHeelColt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

Thanks for your help Bruce! I got another league I was hoping you could review and make sure its set up correctly in DD as well. Its a 12 team h2h league w/ an 18 round draft. The roster limits are as follows: TEN active players, 6 reserve players, and 2 for injured reserve. It gets a little more complicated. The MINIMUM starters for each player are as follows: 1 QB 2 RB 0 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 D The MAX starters for each player are as follows: 1 QB 3 RB 4 WR 4 TE 1 K 1 D There is a MAX limit for the following positions on my roster: 3 QB 4 RB 6 WR Laslty, injured players do not count against positional roster limits. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now based on this info I attempted to set this up in DD. I really dont think its right though. On the General tab for Setup I have it set up as follows: For starter entries I went with: 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 4 TE, 1 K, 1 D Roster spot entries I went with: 3 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 4 TE, 1 K, and 2 D/ST No flexed boxes checked as there are no flex players Please let me know if Im way off or if you have any suggestions...

GoBears84, Do you have any recommendations for how I could go about setting up my roster with the scenario above? Im pretty sure what I suggested isnt going to fly too well. Thanks for your help on the previous scenario!

Edited by TarHeelColt, 16 August 2011 - 04:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users