What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Anarchy League 2 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Here is the link to this year's league: Anarchy League 2. If you WERE in this league last year, your password remains the same. If you WERE NOT in THIS EXACT LEAGUE, than your password to get in is anarchy2.

Here are this year's participants in Anarchy League 2 (in the order they will be drafting):

1. radballs

2. Kruppe

3. SLBD

4. rzrback77

5. Fiddles

6. Norseman

7. Old Milwaukee

8. nittanylion

9. Jiggyonthehut

10. Duckboy

11. CalBear

12. Coordinator

13. Anarchy99

14. Sinrman

15. There It Is

16. Just Win Baby

The draft is scheduled to start at 8:00 am on Saturday 8/20.

I'm guessing it's going to be about 3 days between my even round and odd round picks... definitely not excited about the 16 pick. Looking forward to doing this again, though.

Geeze, another mid-late-round pick (#10 last year, #13 in 2009, #11 in 2008). And Jiggy sitting there two slots ahead to scam my picks again.

'Kruppe said:
Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to it. Anybody care to share any tips?
If you look in this forum for the previous Anarchy League 2 threads, there's a ton of great information on people's approaches to the format.Short answer: It's different. The best teams are the ones who realize how the differences change player values. As long as their players don't get hurt.

'Kruppe said:
If you look in this forum for the previous Anarchy League 2 threads, there's a ton of great information on people's approaches to the format.Short answer: It's different. The best teams are the ones who realize how the differences change player values. As long as their players don't get hurt.
Kruppe won Anarchy 3 last year...he probably doesn't need to many tips.

'Kruppe said:
And League 4 the same year.

'Kruppe said:
OK, but I've heard this is the big boys league. I can't rely on good luck anymore.

OK, but I've heard this is the big boys league. I can't rely on good luck anymore.
There's always your charm, wit, and personality.Look, we all put our pants on one leg at a time (well, except for SLBD who is such a ladies man that he doesn't ever wear pants). Sure, the league will probably be a little more competitive, but it's not like we are PhD level fantasy footballers and you are in kindergarten. Clearly not the case. You'll do fine.

We are big boys now!!

There's always your charm, wit, and personality.
Then I am in trouble.

We are big boys now!!
Happy to be promoted.

OK, more than 2.5 days in, we have 7 picks on the board. How long are we waiting until the timer gets turned on? This has traditionally been a slow draft, especially on the weekends, but this pace is unusually slow...

OK, more than 2.5 days in, we have 7 picks on the board. How long are we waiting until the timer gets turned on? This has traditionally been a slow draft, especially on the weekends, but this pace is unusually slow...
For starters, the timer won't go on until everyone makes at least one pick so I at least know everyone is alive and breathing. Secondly, I don't have time to babysit to be making replacement picks and sorting through the usual BS when someone misses a pick.If someone wants to volunteer and handle all the administrative chores during the draft, I suppose that is an option.

For starters, the timer won't go on until everyone makes at least one pick so I at least know everyone is alive and breathing. Secondly, I don't have time to babysit to be making replacement picks and sorting through the usual BS when someone misses a pick.If someone wants to volunteer and handle all the administrative chores during the draft, I suppose that is an option.
I'm cool with whatever, just would like to know if there isn't going to be a clock so I don't have to check in as frequently.

I'm all in favor of CP taking over. Haven't been able to get on the league site all night or this morning, so I can't get him set up.

Finally was able to swap Jigggy fo Spuds. He can pick whenever he wants. Password is anarchy2. Please add email address to the league site.

'Just Win Baby said:
Not much discussion going on here... I miss Bri. :)
Yeah, someone needs to start arguing about how they're going to dominate everyone with their two top TMQB picks.

3.11 43. CalBear Gonzalez, Tony ATL TEThu Aug 25 4:38:05 p.m. PT 2011 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Go Bears!
This was the most predictable pick in the draft. I almost predicted it earlier but figured it is taboo to talk about undrafted players.
Hey, I passed on Desean at 2.06. Gonzo's good value at 3.11.
really? i just drafted gonzo at 4.16 in anarchy1
Where did Gronkowski go?

3.11 43. CalBear Gonzalez, Tony ATL TEThu Aug 25 4:38:05 p.m. PT 2011 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

Go Bears!
This was the most predictable pick in the draft. I almost predicted it earlier but figured it is taboo to talk about undrafted players.
Where did Gronkowski go?

Go Bears!
Where did Gronkowski go?
Just looked at your draft, Gonzo as TE13 is absurd. Good snarf at 4.16, no doubt.

As of 8.1, 23 TEs are gone, with at least 13 more required to be taken. I'm surprised they haven't gone faster, and I'm happy to get a third at this point in the draft. Getting 160+ points from a skill position player at this point is outstanding.

As of 8.1, 23 TEs are gone, with at least 13 more required to be taken. I'm surprised they haven't gone faster, and I'm happy to get a third at this point in the draft. Getting 160+ points from a skill position player at this point is outstanding.
Yeah, I didn't get why Ben Watson was hanging around at 7.11; he scored the same number of points as Miles Austin and LeSean McCoy last year. And TE scoring falls off pretty quickly in the 20s once you get into blocking TEs.

Users who are viewing this thread