#1 chocula

chocula

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts
  • Joined 19-August 08

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

This is my first year playing in the subscriber contest. I am having a hard time coming up with a strategy to use to decide which players to pick. For instance: picking a QB. Do I pick an elite QB and a low rated QB that can play for the elite QB's bye week? The same kind of goes for RB and WR. I thought of taking two top RB, then have a bye week fill in. Considering that the additional RB could be the flex spot, makes it a bit interesting. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of strategies other people are using. What about last year's winner? Is there a way to see their team? Thanks

#2 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,229 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

Here's the winning roster from last year's contest: http://forums.footba...post&p=12751606

If God were to come down right now: "Terry, what can I do for ya?" Send me ... Put me back in one Super Bowl, and put me on the one-foot line, and give me two minutes to go and give me all three of my timeouts and give me my boys. And let me hear my name over the loudspeaker -- let me hear the roar of the crowd -- "BRAD-shaw! BRAD-shaw!" -- let me have 'em booing on one side. Let me get in and call plays -- see their eyes grow as I call these plays -- and talk to 'em. Let me feel the hair on my back crawl up -- I mean, that's what the Super Bowl does to ya. I mean, it's ... I mean, it's doing it right now to me. I mean, I can go out right now and play -- I know I can play two minutes.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

Get Inside With a Footballguys Subscription - The Audible - Footballguys Podcast

#3 atcdav

atcdav

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Rule discrepency?

"Each team must select at least 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST."

"Each week your top QB, top 2 RBs, top 3 WRs, top TE, top flex (either RB, WR or TE), top PK and top Def/ST will count towards your weekly total"

Is there a FLEX position is this contest?

Edited by atcdav, 01 September 2011 - 01:38 PM.

Team 1: Drafted 10th 12 Team 1QB 2RB 2WR 1flex 1TE 1PK 1DEF Cam, McCoy, Murray, Spiller, Sproles, Stacy, Andre Brown, JGordon, Decker, MilesAustin, CClay, Reed, Gronk, Tucker, Texans

Team 2: Drafted 11th. .5 PPR 14 team 1QB 1RB 3WR/TE 1flex 1PK 1DEF Cam, ,DMC, Ridley, DWilson, DRichardson,Stacy, AJ Green, Hartline, Givens, Hopkins ,Allen, , Eddie Royal, Julius Thomas, Bullock, Patriots

#4 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,229 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

For the purposes of the subscriber contest, flex means the top scoring remaining RB, WR, or TE on your roster for the week who did not score enough points to count toward your weekly point total by being one of your top 2 RB, top 3 WR, or top TE. Flex players cannot be QB, PK, or Def/ST - only RB, WR, or TE.

So essentially, your flex player is your top-scoring RB, WR, or TE who would otherwise have been left on the bench for the week based on the stated position limits for scorers.

If God were to come down right now: "Terry, what can I do for ya?" Send me ... Put me back in one Super Bowl, and put me on the one-foot line, and give me two minutes to go and give me all three of my timeouts and give me my boys. And let me hear my name over the loudspeaker -- let me hear the roar of the crowd -- "BRAD-shaw! BRAD-shaw!" -- let me have 'em booing on one side. Let me get in and call plays -- see their eyes grow as I call these plays -- and talk to 'em. Let me feel the hair on my back crawl up -- I mean, that's what the Super Bowl does to ya. I mean, it's ... I mean, it's doing it right now to me. I mean, I can go out right now and play -- I know I can play two minutes.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

Get Inside With a Footballguys Subscription - The Audible - Footballguys Podcast

#5 ramsey8582

ramsey8582

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 10-July 10

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

I missed out on the window to get an entry in for week 1. Does any one know if footballguys plans on publishing the weekly player values used in the contest? I am running a salary cap pool at work and planned on using them for the entire year. Since I missed out on signing up week 1 I can no longer see them.

#6 suppo33

suppo33

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-September 11

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

First year with Football Guys. In the free team contest if one of your choices goes on the IR do you get to replace or is that just "rub of the green"? Thanks.

#7 Memphis Foundry

Memphis Foundry

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 7,229 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

It is indeed the rub of the green. Good question, though.

-- Terry Bradshaw (1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users