#1 Force of One

Force of One

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hey all, Wanted to get your thoughts on who you preferred and why between these two. In a 14 team keeper league and I figure these two will be around when it comes back to me in the 3rd round. My strategy is too grab a stud QB and solid (but maybe not spectacular) RB in the 2nd round. As I have two stud WR's that I've kept, I am likely going to have to grab a solid #2RB in this spot. So with that said, who do you prefer between these two and why? I would be able to keep either next year if warranted. Also if you have another suggestion for a RB that figure to go around the same spot as these guys, feel free to share that too. Thanks!

#2 Mike_Vick_In_a_box

Mike_Vick_In_a_box

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hey all, Wanted to get your thoughts on who you preferred and why between these two. In a 14 team keeper league and I figure these two will be around when it comes back to me in the 3rd round. My strategy is too grab a stud QB and solid (but maybe not spectacular) RB in the 2nd round. As I have two stud WR's that I've kept, I am likely going to have to grab a solid #2RB in this spot. So with that said, who do you prefer between these two and why? I would be able to keep either next year if warranted. Also if you have another suggestion for a RB that figure to go around the same spot as these guys, feel free to share that too. Thanks!

I would grab a stud RB in the first, and get another good RB in the second. In my opinion there's not much of a difference in the production of the Stud QB's compared to later round QB's (Ryan, Schaub, Eli, Stafford, Bradford, ect.) but it's harder to get similar production out of later round RB's and WR's. For the question you asked is the league a PPR? If it is I would go with Ingram if not go with Greene.

Edited by Mike_Vick_In_a_box, 30 August 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#3 Force of One

Force of One

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

I should have added - most all super stud RB's are being kept, except for AP and CJ3 (after that it's guys like MJD, Frank Gore, Steven Jackson - all of whom I'm leery to base my team around). I would have taken one or the other, but have reason to think #1 will take AP and I don't want to take CJ3 at #2 with his holdout situation. League is not PPR and is fairly TD heavy. After #2 pick, I don't pick again until 27.

#4 adrenaline

adrenaline

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,969 posts
  • Joined 15-April 06

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'd take the Ingram side in any format, Greene has already disappointed.

#5 Stryker

Stryker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 938 posts
  • Joined 08-November 07

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

I like Ingram, take a chance on the rook. Shonne Greene has had his fair amount of chances to prove himself and has failed, go Ingram with confidence. Please get to mine. http://forums.footba...howtopic=607837

#6 Wade

Wade

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 05-May 03

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I'm going to deviate and say Greene is the better option. LT is allegedly just the third down back this season, and the Jets will run the ball a ton. Ingram is on a team that historically runs a 3-man RBBC. Also, Ingram's pass blocking during the preseason has been poor, so he may get fewer snaps as a result early in the season. In terms of touches, I think Greene has more opportunity this season.

#7 T with T

T with T

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,297 posts
  • Joined 07-July 06

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Ingram by a mile.

#8 majarrek

majarrek

Footballguy