Photo

How do you set up bidding groups for the FA wire?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teepack

teepack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-September 11

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

I have created one group. I ranked the player that I wanted the most at the top, and then have 3 guys ranked as "contingency" bids. I assume that if I have the highest bid on the player that I have ranked No. 1, I will get him and then all my contingency bids in that group are cancelled. Is this correct? If somebody else outbids me for my top guy, then if I have the highest bid for any of the guys ranked in my contingency group I will get one of them (but only one) based on the order in which I have them ranked. If I want to get more than 1 person, do I just create new bidding groups? I have created a Bid Group 1 for my second set of picks. Is this the proper way to do it? Do I need to name my bidding groups anything specific? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Captain Hook

Captain Hook

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,326 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05
  • Interests:Wine and FF

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

I have created one group. I ranked the player that I wanted the most at the top, and then have 3 guys ranked as "contingency" bids.

I assume that if I have the highest bid on the player that I have ranked No. 1, I will get him and then all my contingency bids in that group are cancelled. Is this correct? If somebody else outbids me for my top guy, then if I have the highest bid for any of the guys ranked in my contingency group I will get one of them (but only one) based on the order in which I have them ranked.

If I want to get more than 1 person, do I just create new bidding groups? I have created a Bid Group 1 for my second set of picks. Is this the proper way to do it? Do I need to name my bidding groups anything specific?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I assume that if I have the highest bid on the player that I have ranked No. 1, I will get him and then all my contingency bids in that group are cancelled. CORRECT

do I just create new bidding groups? YES

Do I need to name my bidding groups NO the system does that automatically

BTW for these and many of the other questions, I believe there are examples in the FFPC rules (if not the rules posted here)
Stay ahead of your leaguemates

www.mastersball.com

#3 teepack

teepack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 02-September 11

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thanks, Captain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic