What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rankings with return yards? (1 Viewer)

Aurren

Footballguy
My league does return yards and TDs. I tried to modify the standard FBG scoring with my own scoring system but there's nothing in there for return yards and TDs. Is there a way to get a projection for the week (and/or season)? In my League's scoring system, Ted Ginn got 34.87 points and Randall Cobb got 27.83. I was thinking about picking up somebody like Jacoby Jones, or Antonio Brown, or someone like that with good return yards and with a little offensive stats as upside. Unfortunately, Sproles and Hester and Percy Harvin are already taken. If no projections exist, does FBG intend to add it in the future?

You won't see return yard rankings, they're not easily projected. You just need to gauge it yourself. You should know who is returning kicks, so factor in some slight bumps to those guys when comparing them to others, but don't go overboard. Returners can lose their jobs at any time. Even the elite guys can end up losing work or lose the job completely if they suddenly are relied on on offense and aren't worth the injury risk.

You won't see return yard rankings, they're not easily projected. You just need to gauge it yourself. You should know who is returning kicks, so factor in some slight bumps to those guys when comparing them to others, but don't go overboard. Returners can lose their jobs at any time. Even the elite guys can end up losing work or lose the job completely if they suddenly are relied on on offense and aren't worth the injury risk.
Thanks. I understand the problems with the season projections; like for example Dez Bryant. However, it does seem believable to project return yardage and TD just like any other offensive stat for that week (like # of KR/PR attempts, yards per return, TD percentage etc). Yahoo (which is what my league uses) does actually have projections for return yards and is factored into the weekly projections but I would like to get a 2nd opinion. I was listening to the Waiver Wire audible today and Bloom said that Sproles is a borderline RB1 if the league counts return yards and that's the kind of insight I would love to get.

Id suggest posting "Website Questions" forum or e-mail. In all honesty, I believe it will be alot of work and still involve some guess-work.

Eric Decker could be a nice start to try Rtns points, seeing if rtn yardage scoring is for you.

Some success can be had staying up to date on limited players (best guess Hixon could be a great start for this one wk) Hixon has experience as a rtn man, and may fill-in for Nicks (think thats what I read sry if mistaken)

*IDP Patrick Peterson is like a Stud imo (starting Rookie corner w Rtn's) :excited:

I got into one of these this season as well. I knew it was going to be a long season when Ted Ginn outscored Calvin Johnson last weekend.

I acquired Brown. He plays the Seahawks this weekend plus had 9 targets last week. I think he might be the overall top scorer this weekend. I've got trade offers in for Harvin and Cobb as well. I'm going to probably dump Brandon Jacobs for Leon Washington.

One thing I did notice and you might be able to use is there there are only a few running backs that return. The aforementioned Washington is one, McCluster is another.

Sproles would be sick value in a league like this as well as long as he holds down those duties. I'm thinking of offering something along the lines of Miles Austin for him. Just a funky setup but you have to adapt to your environment.

I got into one of these this season as well. I knew it was going to be a long season when Ted Ginn outscored Calvin Johnson last weekend. I acquired Brown. He plays the Seahawks this weekend plus had 9 targets last week. I think he might be the overall top scorer this weekend. I've got trade offers in for Harvin and Cobb as well. I'm going to probably dump Brandon Jacobs for Leon Washington. One thing I did notice and you might be able to use is there there are only a few running backs that return. The aforementioned Washington is one, McCluster is another.Sproles would be sick value in a league like this as well as long as he holds down those duties. I'm thinking of offering something along the lines of Miles Austin for him. Just a funky setup but you have to adapt to your environment.
I'm just wondering how many people are doing leagues that counts return yards. I'm sure we're not the only ones in the same boat. I'm trying to adapt right now but even drafting was tough. I have no idea how to rank someone like DeSean Jaackson. Is he ahead of Andre Johnson in a league like this? Is Percy Harvin ahead of AJ? What about Devin Hester? I'm even tempted to roster Ted Ginn but I have no idea when I would play him LOL

I've played in a lot of return yardage leagues. Standard scoring (1 pt per 20 return yards + 6 points per TDs), Harvin was #9 last year. DeSean #6. Hester and Ginn weren't top 30.

You want to target guys who are at least WR3 on their team + primary kick returner. It helps if they play on either a team with a ####ty defense that scored on frequently or on a team with an elite defense that forces a lot of punts. Both are different situations. Adjust accordingly. Not all guys return both types of kicks, punt returners get less yardage for the most part.

tl:dr version: target Jacoby Ford, should be super cheap right now (maybe even WW)

This link helps. You can sort of combine that with guys you know start (Hester, Cribbs)

I'd think primary returner + some targets would be a nice guy to look at.

Antonio Brown, Hester, Cobb, Cribbs, Leon Washington.

Users who are viewing this thread