#1 the moops

the moops

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,984 posts
  • Joined 21-November 06

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

She's a 13 year old chow/shephard/something mix. She cant go up or down stairs (I have to carry her) and she pukes up 1/3 of her meals. But until yesterday she was still her lazy, lay in one place, maybe change positions a few times during the day, content dog.

Now, she tries to go up the stairs. She falls. She tries to go under barriers we put up, she falls. She will lay down for 10 seconds, then walk around the house for 20 minutes, going into closets, behind couches, pretty much everywhere she never went before. And she does all this while panting as loud and as obnoxiously as can be.

She is as cute as can be. Proof. But damn this is annoying

#2 mr roboto

mr roboto

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,751 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10
  • Interests:Dots (especially Blue and Orange) and Swedish Fish

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

It may be time. Our dog is close to this. We hope we can make the call at the right time. T&P.

Come on guys. He threw eight innings of one hit ball and needed someone to close it out for him. So what if the closer could have been a fifth grader?

#3 -fish-

-fish-

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,481 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Monkey bowfishing

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

hate to say it, but your dog may be looking for dark, quiet place to die. I had a 13 year old shepard/collie mix that did this for a couple days, found her way under the porch, laid down and died in her sleep.

You need to update your signature

#4 first round bust

first round bust

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 24-October 10

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

noooooooooooo

#5 PolishNorbi

PolishNorbi

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 727 posts
  • Joined 03-September 09

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

On the other hand, my dog over the course of 2 years did this.. slowly lost her bark, always panting, really fowl smelling mouth. However, it took her 2 years to past but the last 3 days was when she started falling. However, she never tried to climb stairs or anything (mainly because we didn't have them)

#6 slayer666

slayer666

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,238 posts
  • Joined 02-February 04

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

You will know when it's time and it will suck, don't let her suffer or be in pain. The best way to grieve is to think of the good times. :banned:

#7 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,743 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Agree with most saying she is looking for a place to call it quits. Take her to the vet, assume it might be time, and do the right thing.

"If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like this do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh-t you expect from an office temp with a bad attitude." -George Carlin R.I.P.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

Cherry Pie Delicious, Apple Pies r 2 

#8 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

I'm sorry moops. But she is looking for a place to rest her bones. :sadbanana:

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#9 3C's

3C's

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,173 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

Take her to the vet to check for a distended abdomen. Sounds like she's in some discomfort and can't get comfortable laying down.

#10 omally

omally

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,706 posts
  • Joined 13-September 03

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

Whatever is going on inside of her is much worse for her than is annoying for you.

#11 honky kong

honky kong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,496 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:you

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

You will know when it's time and it will suck, don't let her suffer or be in pain. The best way to grieve is to think of the good times. :banned:

There is something incongruous about this, given your username.

#12 Big_Russel

Big_Russel

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,933 posts
  • Joined 14-January 08

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

Make sure the wife and kids are at a safe distance away (back deck viewing area or such)

Load your .38

Straddle the dog (facing forward) holding her firmly by the collar

Press the barrel firmly against the back of her head (between the ears)

Look away

Gently squeeze trigger

KIDDING!!! KIDDING!!!!!

T&P MOOPS. Sounds like you want to do what’s best for the old girl. Maybe have a sit-down for the wife.
Carver is on vacation. But if he were here, the above is what he would have to say about this.

Cartel guy: Don't try to pull that Keyser Soze ##### on me Walter White. I know you're not a retaard.
Walt Jr: {Chewbacca roar}

I could build a wrong machine powered by concentrated wrongness and it couldn't match the consistency that LHUCKS displays on these boards.

#13 Bull Dozier

Bull Dozier

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

Similar situation with my older dog. He started panting constantly. He's a lazy dog and does nothing but sleep all day. All of a sudden, he couldn't get comfortable and would contantly get up in his bed and get into a new position. We also moved during this span to a house with more stairs. He was ok going up and down for a few weeks, but then stopped being able to do them. He would still try, but fall. Thought it was his time, so we brought him to the vet. I knew he had arthritis, but the vet also diagnosed him with a torn ACL. Given his age, I wasn't going to do surgery, but the vet prescibed an anti-inflamatory he said could work wonders. It actually did for a while. He was bouncing around again and was doing the stairs. Of course two days before the bottle went empty, he stopped being able to do the stairs, so now I have an empty, rather expensive medicine I have to refill, but apparently it's lost it effectiveness. Back to the vet and we'll see how it goes the next few weeks.
Xbox gamertag Nittany Dodger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users