What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official " REALLY, C'MON NOW" THREAD (1 Viewer)

dawhole9

Footballguy
The Lions beat KC 48-3

The Bills beat KC 41-7

What does this tell you about the Chiefs? Im mean really? do people actually think the Lions and Bills are foreal this season REALLY?

Lets take a look at their other two games

The Lions beat Tampa bay and tampa bay flat out sucks against good teams as their record showed last season. They are not a good team, theyre decent at best.

Bills beat the Raiders, THE FREAKING RAIDERS. How many years have the Raiders been garbage now?

I mean C'mon now. The lions and Bills have only upgraded from being sucky to being halfway decent. So people thinking these are superbowl contenders please just knock it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some good analysis and what keeps bringing me back to the SP year after year. Daw-hole9; I recomend you start a weekly team power ranking thread so we can get your expert opinions across the entire league.

Depending on how things go...both could make the playoffs. I don't think anyone is talking superbowl for either team though.

It is good for their fans that they are no longer doormats, but I think it will be back to reality this week for both in tough divisional matchups.

Both teams have a shot at the playoffs this year. The Lions have an outside shot at the division. You don't get to pick your opponents. Yes KC is bad, but every year there are teams that finish 10-6 by feasting on mediocre to bad teams.

people are saying the Bills are Super Bowl contenders :confused:
Yeah they were talking about it on i think on the "No huddle show and on ESPN one day. This what got me a little irritated. Most of their success coming against a trash team like KC. KC hadnt scored more than 10 pts in both their last games combined. LOL heck i wish my Eagles played KC we'd a set a record for most points scored ever.

Who is talking Super Bowl about either team? :confused:

Bills fans are just happy that the Bills are relevant, exciting, and don't look like they're in the Andrew Luck hunt. With a potential shot of making the playoffs for the first time in over a decade, I think we're all pretty much content with that. I think all Bills fans would rather play the underdog role anyway since we've been gut punched so many times over the last few years. So talking Super Bowl just isn't going to happen from Bills fans.

Yes, there's never any turn-over in the NFL. This will be the 5th year running that the Saints and Patriots will meet in the Super Bowl, Detroit and the Bills will finish 4-12, Romo will fumble away the Cowboys season, Chargers will lose their first playoff matchup, and the Seahwaks will go undefeated at home thanks to the 12th man.

Such a boring league. Why do we even watch? :hophead:

Yeah they were talking about it on i think on the "No huddle show and on ESPN one day. This what got me a little irritated. Most of their success coming against a trash team like KC. KC hadnt scored more than 10 pts in both their last games combined. LOL heck i wish my Eagles played KC we'd a set a record for most points scored ever.
Well the good news is that they are dominating the lesser teams like they are supposed to, instead of being in a close game with them (I dont think the Raiders are a terrible team)

Yep...that about sums it up for me... I can stop reading now....

The Bills defense will eventually be exposed, but the Lions have a good enough defense to make the playoffs if Stafford stays healthy.

Can't say Ive heard anyone not on a talk-show (ring ring alarm bells!!!! talk radio THRIVES OFF OF BS) mention either team in the SB.

COme to think of it, never heard the Bills mentioned, period.

C'mon Man.

Lets take a look at their other two games The Lions beat Tampa bay and tampa bay flat out sucks against good teams as their record showed last season. They are not a good team, theyre decent at best.
So let me get this straight...Detroit is "halfway decent". But your argument for why the Detroit beat Tampa is because Tampa sucks against GOOD teams? Keep up the top-notch analysis.

I hate when people use the "they played crappy teams" argument when looking at a team like this. The Lions basically did exactly what they were supposed to against the opponents they've been given and there's no reason to doubt them at this point.

People said the same thing about the Niners playing in the NFC West in the 80s but conveniently forget that they dominated teams in the playoffs and went undefeated in all 5 Superbowl appearances as well. It's not hard to tell when a team is built well and is playing to that level despite playing weak opposition. The Lions are such a team.

Link? So one source says they're Super Bowl contenders and you turn that into a rant against everybody? Get a handle on those horses, broseph. Both teams will likely exceed preseason expectations and the Lions could be dangerous come playoff time if Stafford can stay healthy. And that beating on KC is a positive, not a negative, as you seem to think. They blew the doors off an NFL team. Even if that's a bad team, they did what a good team is supposed to do.

Both teams have a shot at the playoffs this year. The Lions have an outside shot at the division. You don't get to pick your opponents. Yes KC is bad, but every year there are teams that finish 10-6 by feasting on mediocre to bad teams.
The Bills have to playThe Eagles = Automatic loss(If Vick Is Healthy)

The Cowboys= Automatic Loss(If Romo Is Healthy)

See Tom Brady Twice= Automatic 2 losses

Play The Jets twice= 2 losses

The Charges= Automatic loss

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Packers SB champs Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys

I guess Houston stinks too?

I mean, they beat a quadriplegic Colts and smacked the Fins.

Theyz no gud.

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
Automatic losses? Um...no. Might want to consider listening more and speaking less.

I hate when people use the "they played crappy teams" argument when looking at a team like this. The Lions basically did exactly what they were supposed to against the opponents they've been given and there's no reason to doubt them at this point. People said the same thing about the Niners playing in the NFC West in the 80s but conveniently forget that they dominated teams in the playoffs and went undefeated in all 5 Superbowl appearances as well. It's not hard to tell when a team is built well and is playing to that level despite playing weak opposition. The Lions are such a team.
Half the battle is winning your division and getting home field. If they can beat who they should be able to beat and win at home vs. GB then they've got a chance to win the division.

Can we at least agree that they are much improved teams than last year? Well at least Vegas thinks Detroit is much improved. When was the last time Detroit was always favored?

3/10

:fishing:

Good trolling is subtle. You're not supposed to play the major idiot card making baseless claims until later. Better luck next time.

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
Have you ever watched a football game? "Automatic" is one of the last words I'd associate with any NFL game. I think it's only behind "erotic" and "fresh-scented."

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
C'mon, the BEARS? They beat the Falcons because of turnovers and were exposed against the Saints.

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
:wall: Automatic Losses? I guess the Browns at 1-5 last year should have call the Saints and the Patriots in Week 6 and 7 and said "Hey, you guys are good. We are forfeiting because we know we will lose" Oh wait, that would have been stupid as they won those games.

There is nothing automatic. I'll never forget 13-0 Broncos facing a 5-8 Giants team. A team that they should have destroyed, and yet they lost.

When the Bills outscore New England and their pathetic pass defense, then what will be your excuse? Bad hair day for Brady?

You can't stop the Amish Rifle, you can only hope to contain him. Start all your Bills players with confidence.

Detroit is dangerous. I would not be surprised to see them split games with gb. As a matter of fact, didn't detroit beat gb last year? Without Stafford?

Detroit is dangerous. I would not be surprised to see them split games with gb. As a matter of fact, didn't detroit beat gb last year? Without Stafford?
Yeah they did it was the game Rodgers got a concussion and left on a cheap shot play from SUH if i can recall. Lions won though. But Rodgers didnt play the whole game. This was also way before Rodgers started getting hot.

Yeah they did it was the game Rodgers got a concussion and left on a cheap shot play from SUH if i can recall. Lions won though. But Rodgers didnt play the whole game. This was also way before Rodgers started getting hot.
:lmao:Ok, I can go back to the FFA now... i've gotten my laughs for the day in the "pool"

I doubt anyone is expecting the Bills to be a playoff team in the AFC, but they look improved. I could see them winning maybe 7 games this year.

The Lions should get better as the season goes on, and the schedule sets up nicely for them in that regard, as their second half schedule is much tougher than the first half and they'll need to be better to do well down the stretch. How well they fare against the Bears and Packers will dictate whether they are a .500 team or a team that can win 10 games and make the playoffs.

Your recall is pretty bad. Rogers scrambled for a long run and did not slide. He was tackled cleanly and was not even hit that hard and Suh had nothing to do with it. Other than that... :rolleyes:

Your recall is pretty bad. Rogers scrambled for a long run and did not slide. He was tackled cleanly and was not even hit that hard and Suh had nothing to do with it. Other than that... :rolleyes:
:goodposting:

The OP is looking more and more foolish, he is just poppin off now.

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
Automatic losses? Um...no. Might want to consider listening more and speaking less.
If the qbs on those teams are healthy then yeah

The Lions Have to play

The Bears Twice

The Falcons

New Orleans

The Chargers

Dallas Cowboys
If the qbs on those teams are healthy then yeah
Out of those tough 8 games, the Lions will win at least 4. I think they sweep the Bears, take one from the Packers, and beat the Cowboys and Chargers. I would bet anyone anytime that the lions win at least 10 games.

Users who are viewing this thread