#1 neverfox

neverfox

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 07-September 06

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

This doesn't make sense given that he's likely to play this week. Also, you would expect zeroes, not negatives, if he wasn't expected to play. Finally, no other PHI QB has starter-level numbers for those weeks. This appears to be an error.

#2 BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 28-July 11

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

It has to do with the strength of schedule. If you open the Game by Game projections window their is a check box indicating whether or not to use strength of schedule. If its NOT checked, then projections are simply the value of the projected total points divided by remaining games (I think). That results in projections for ALL remaining games to be the same. If the use strength of schedule is checked, then these Average projections are adjusted based on an algorithm know only by Bruce (and maybe some of his closest friends. To see this for yourself, UN-check the use strength of schedule box and select recalculate button in game by game projections window and watch the projections change for Vick
12 Team Non-PPR Performance League
Pass: TD = 4, .04/yd, Int -1
Rush/Rec: TD = 6, .10/yd
K: Bonus for 40+, 50+ FG no penalties for misses
DST: 6 pt TD (all) Yards: <100 = 8, 101-200 = 6, 201-300 = 4, 301 - 400 = 3, 400+ = 0. FR and Int = 2, sack = 1

Roster Limit: 14
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST

Auction Draft $100 Cap with Option for 1 Keeper or Free 1st Pick

#3 neverfox

neverfox

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 07-September 06

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

OK, but that's still a problem; without SOS, the program is pretty useless. The reason you're seeing that, as I discovered, is that in the forward file, Vick has a zero weight for weeks 5 & 6 (don't ask me how that results in negative numbers). I manually edited my file, but they should fix this for those who aren't comfortable doing so. They've updated the projections several times without fixing this. It's not like Vick is obscure.

Edited by neverfox, 30 September 2011 - 08:07 AM.

#4 Bob Henry

Bob Henry

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

The zero weights for those weeks are resolved/updated. I can't speak to the SOS influence or how/if/when that will be resolved.

#5 skhyatt

skhyatt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 16-May 10

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

OK, but that's still a problem; without SOS, the program is pretty useless. The reason you're seeing that, as I discovered, is that in the forward file, Vick has a zero weight for weeks 5 & 6 (don't ask me how that results in negative numbers). I manually edited my file, but they should fix this for those who aren't comfortable doing so. They've updated the projections several times without fixing this. It's not like Vick is obscure.

Just thought I'd mention that Vick does have projections in both the weeks your referring to in my LD. May be way off base here, but maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the program?

#6 neverfox

neverfox

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 07-September 06

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Thanks, Bob! It is resolved.

Just thought I'd mention that Vick does have projections in both the weeks your referring to in my LD. May be way off base here, but maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the program?

Did you update after Bob said he fixed it? If so, that would probably be why.

#7 skhyatt

skhyatt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 16-May 10

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

Thanks, Bob! It is resolved.

Did you update after Bob said he fixed it? If so, that would probably be why.

Probably so, I'm always updating. I honestly didn't notice if it was negative prior to his post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users