What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vincent Brown Thoughts on his future? (1 Viewer)

EvilEwoks

Footballguy
I was curious as to peoples thoughts on Vincent Brown's future? Personally I've heard good things about him unfortunatley he still hasn't made it on the field yet...

I've heard he's a solid route runner and has decent hands...

Pre-season, he was my sleeper rookie WR to do a Torrey Smith. Very similar situations. Excellent supporting cast and complimentary running game. Thought he had a chance to be an x-factor for the Chargers. Now, he's missed too much time. It's more about 2012. Still think he could be the long-term solution for the Bolts as a WR2. I wouldn't trade him for Torrey Smith straight up.

Thanks Brown played week 3 but didn't do anything...floyd and jackson are both questionable this week...and of course gates out they seem to be running low on receiving options...I'm thinking Brown might has some nice value as soon as this season...

I know Bloom liked him. From the Bloom 100 (post draft):

Vincent Brown, WR, SD - Precise technician who landed on a team with an elite QB and opportunity at WR - what more can you ask for? Another coup for holders of late firsts who weren't sure which direction to go in rookie drafts. Another terrific trade-up target if he starts to fall

'loose circuits said:
It seems he's behind UDFA Walters, no?
Thanks for the reply actually according to the Chargers current depth charge it lists M Floyd as starter with V Brown as next in line with B Walters as third on the depth chart in that position...

You've got that right...well hopefully we'll hear something soon I'm waiting for Brown to get his chance...I have a feeling that when they get a load of him it will be V-Jax and him on the field...Floyd gets injured way too much...and it appears Gates maybe trending down...i hope I'm wrong but this whole foot thing gives me some bad vibes...i wish him the best though as he's such a great football player

SD likes Brown but this is an offense that features the TE and RBs heavily, and Brown is the 4th WR in line, at best. something has gone terribly wrong if he has any value at all this year. Not rosterable in redrafts unless it's a deeeeeeeep league.

SD likes Brown but this is an offense that features the TE and RBs heavily, and Brown is the 4th WR in line, at best. something has gone terribly wrong if he has any value at all this year. Not rosterable in redrafts unless it's a deeeeeeeep league.
Well, your TE has torn scar tissue in his foot playing in one game AFTER letting it heal for 9 months. Tolbert is coming off a calf injury. Mathews missed practice Wed/Thur. Vincent Jackson (abdomen), Malcom Floyd (groin) are all various degrees of healthy. Something hasn't gone "terribly wrong" yet outside of Gates but I sure as heck wouldn't say it's been terribly right.

Well, your TE has torn scar tissue in his foot playing in one game AFTER letting it heal for 9 months. Tolbert is coming off a calf injury. Mathews missed practice Wed/Thur. Vincent Jackson (abdomen), Malcom Floyd (groin) are all various degrees of healthy. Something hasn't gone "terribly wrong" yet outside of Gates but I sure as heck wouldn't say it's been terribly right.
Great point! That's exactly what I was thinking intitally...Floyd is injuried all the time and lately Gates has been too...Brown had some work in his first full start this week...I think good things are coming for him...he'll get more and more work as the season goes on...I especially like this situation as he has River's throwing to him...

V Brown should get some additional work this week with Floyd being hurt and V-Jax having issues...Brown is a solid prospect...hopefully this week's game will be good for him

Great point! That's exactly what I was thinking intitally...Floyd is injuried all the time and lately Gates has been too...Brown had some work in his first full start this week...I think good things are coming for him...he'll get more and more work as the season goes on...I especially like this situation as he has River's throwing to him...
think he played 20 snaps

Thanks for info...I didn't have his snap count til now...that's very encouraging for his future...i think he could be a big playmaker for SD sooner than later...

think he played 20 snaps

At work and only watching this game on the StatTracker, but 3-63-1 mid-way through the third qtr. Kid might be showing signs of life. Can anybody watching the game comment on how he looks?

At work and only watching this game on the StatTracker, but 3-63-1 mid-way through the third qtr. Kid might be showing signs of life. Can anybody watching the game comment on how he looks?
looks great..been killing it with the jump balls all night... had another 40yd TD nullified on one of the worst calls i have ever seen by a referee.... you'll hear about it on ESPN this week I am sure...

Brown being targeted by Rivers as they march down the field. SD just ran out of time...but this kid has earned some more looks from Rivers going forward.

He's the new Antonio Brown. A guy earning trust/targets from his QB by making plays.

I like him, while everyone rushes out to get Denarious Moore, Brown might be just as good. He sure looked it tonight. His stat line won't reflect it, but much like Antonio Brown in Pittsburgh, you can see the trust. Heck it wouldn't surprise me to see him earn reps even when Floyd is back. Vincent Jackson looks terrible. He's a goner. Vincent will be starting in San Diego next season and looks like he'll be able to do something with the opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread