What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many league championships do the Browns have? (1 Viewer)

How many league championships do the Browns have?

Votes: 33 73.3%

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

Fensalk

Footballguy
Since we are referring to the Packers as having 13 league titles, let's turn to the Browns.

The Browns have 4 NFL titles: 1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

The Browns have 4 AAFC titles: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

Should the 4 AAFC titles be recognized in their modern count? We can definitely make the case that the Browns were just as good as anything the NFL was producing back then, considering they won the NFL title their first year in that league.

Are the Browns in a (very elusive) search for their 9th title? Or their 5th?

They all count. History is history. They won the titles. These discussions really bug me because everything that is not today or tomorrow is in the past. Super Bowl era? Give me a break. Just because they change the name of the game, stuff before that change shouldn't matter? Dumb.

how about Clevelamd in general as a sports town?? its really sad, being a Cleveland fan i cant say im very proud. We have such passion in this town for each sport, mostly the Browns. An each year its a joke. however i feel strong about the front office we have now. But other Cleveland fans are not as patient as i am and dont see the big picture, they want to win now. I cant blame them as i do also, but we have too look at the Lions and hope that we hit on are next few draft picks so we cant continue to build on the little talent we already have. I have hope but each week seeing Mccoy degress isnt bolding well. i beileve he isnt the guy, if not this process will be set back a year or two. Its hard to hear Holmgren say he thinks he can be the guy, obvious hes seen some great QBs, i wonder if he really feels this way or is telling us this. I guess we will know for sure in the 2012 draft.

They all count. History is history. They won the titles. These discussions really bug me because everything that is not today or tomorrow is in the past. Super Bowl era? Give me a break. Just because they change the name of the game, stuff before that change shouldn't matter? Dumb.
Not surprising that a Packers fan would say this.

Of course they all count. You have to be nuts to think otherwise.

4. AAFC records do not count as NFL records.

If I was a Browns fan, sure, I'd recognize the 8. But I wouldn't say they have more titles than the Steelers or Giants.

The 1930 Packers team probably deserves an asterisk. They had the best "record" in the league that season, but only by people who flunked math in middle school. The Giants had the better record that year by all normal accounts, but the rules in place at the time gave the Packers the title. If you gave the Giants that championship, that would give them 8 titles.

Lions fans agree.It's good to see nobody is arguing whether this Cleveland Browns franchise gets credit for the Ravens championships.

Lions fans agree.It's good to see nobody is arguing whether this Cleveland Browns franchise gets credit for the Ravens championships.
Should the Ravens get credit for the Baltimore Colts championships?

I only count the ones since I've been born, so The Packers first couple don't count. :P

Only Post-1970.

But I do count Joe Namath - he's too cool not to count. Not sure if Susie Colbert thinks so.... :unsure:

I only count the ones since I've been born, so The Packers first couple don't count. :P Only Post-1970. But I do count Joe Namath - he's too cool not to count. Not sure if Susie Colbert thinks so.... :unsure:
Jesus, way to butcher the spelling of her name.Suzy Kolber

I live in Cleveland but I'm not a Browns fan...while it's nice for Cleveland to remember those Championships, I personally only count those Championships won after the merge of the AFL/NFL, since things forever changed in the new NFL and it shaped what the league has become now.

Since the question is "League Championships" all professional football league championships should count, so the answer is 8. This is also the what the Pro Football HOF credits the Browns with.

If the question were "NFL Championships", the answer would be 4, since that is what the NFL credits the Browns with.

Users who are viewing this thread