Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,750 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:28 AM

I was shocked to find this out.

"If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like this do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh-t you expect from an office temp with a bad attitude." -George Carlin R.I.P.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

Cherry Pie Delicious, Apple Pies r 2 

#2 Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,300 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03
  • Interests:Doctor Who
    Angry Birds
    Tim Horton's coffee

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:45 AM

Wasn't either Peter Jennings or Alex Trebek a HS dropout?

Please pay attention to Tom Servo. He pretty much decides what flies around here and what doesn't. HTH.

Tom Servo showing everyone how things are supposed to be done around these parts.

Formerly wrestled as La Parka: Mexican National Light Heavyweight CHAMPION (4 times) - WWA Lightweight CHAMPION (2 times) - CMLL World Tag Team CHAMPION - IWL World Heavyweight CHAMPION - IWC World Heavyweight CHAMPION - AAA Latin American CHAMPION - IWC World Hardcore CHAMPION

#3 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,750 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

I think you're right and it's a good point but they were from a different era where people would sometimes go learn a craft or skill over college. These days you almost need a 4 year degree just to wait tables. That commercial he runs on MSNBC, I was thinking who put this together, some high school kid? Well, I discovered the answer to that question. You would think someone over at NBC, MSNBC, at some point they would tell him that he needs to go to night school, something but he can't advance as far as he wants until he at least has a degree in journalism. I think he's a bumbling idiot most of the time so to learn this did not surprise me as much as it explained things IMO.

"If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like this do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh-t you expect from an office temp with a bad attitude." -George Carlin R.I.P.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

#4 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,522 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:55 AM

I think you're right and it's a good point but they were from a different era where people would sometimes go learn a craft or skill over college. These days you almost need a 4 year degree just to wait tables. That commercial he runs on MSNBC, I was thinking who put this together, some high school kid? Well, I discovered the answer to that question. You would think someone over at NBC, MSNBC, at some point they would tell him that he needs to go to night school, something but he can't advance as far as he wants until he at least has a degree in journalism. I think he's a bumbling idiot most of the time so to learn this did not surprise me as much as it explained things IMO.

Because people without 4 year degrees are bumbling idiots?
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Woody Allen

#5 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,276 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

You would think someone over at NBC, MSNBC, at some point they would tell him that he needs to go to night school, something but he can't advance as far as he wants until he at least has a degree in journalism.

Yeah, it would really suck to be stuck in a dead-end, no-name job like Chief White House Correspondent for a major network.

#6 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,750 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

No NCC, he just always seemed to not be qualified IMO. When I did some research and discovered this it sort of made sense. He really doesn't have a formal education and yet he is sitting there as a political pundit and shaping views of the audience and the country.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

#7 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,750 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

You would think someone over at NBC, MSNBC, at some point they would tell him that he needs to go to night school, something but he can't advance as far as he wants until he at least has a degree in journalism.

Yeah, it would really suck to be stuck in a dead-end, no-name job like Chief White House Correspondent for a major network.

Before they gave him the keys to the city was my point. Maybe there is hope for folks without degrees and can become President. We always are interested in what college the Presidents went to or types of degrees they have achieved.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

#8 NCCommish

NCCommish

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 75,522 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

No NCC, he just always seemed to not be qualified IMO. When I did some research and discovered this it sort of made sense. He really doesn't have a formal education and yet he is sitting there as a political pundit and shaping views of the audience and the country.

Well I'm not a fan but as far as I can tell college degrees aren't doing much for the talking head class in this country as a group. He's no worse than George Will for example. Lots of big words and not a damn thing to say.
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas Jefferson

To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Woody Allen

#9 Osaurus

Osaurus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,786 posts
  • Joined 04-January 06
  • Interests:Yak Herding

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:04 AM

It's still cool to say Chuck Todd though. :thumbup:
- no matter where you go, there you are.

She was smoking some of that Endor Fern.

Someone get the new kid a map of the Shart Pool

#10 Matthias

Matthias

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,230 posts
  • Joined 21-September 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

You seem to be operating under a mistaken idea, MoP. We use degrees as a signaling mechanism. If we don't want to spend a whole lot of time evaluating someone for ourselves, we can find out how much education they've received and where it's from. That gives us a basic, general idea of what we can expect out of talking to them. But there's variations from the norm in both directions. You can have a genius who only ever did community college or complete dunces who graduated from Harvard. There's some things, like say engineering, where education gives us job-critical skills and other jobs, like say journalism, where it may teach and give us context on what we end up covering. Its importance is on a spectrum, not a binary thing. If you don't like Chuck Todd, that's fine. But my opinion of him as a general political pundit doesn't really shift by whether or not he finished college especially given the content of what he generally covers: political scoreboard stuff, mostly... who's up, who's down, who's rising. The stuff he does with some regularity where formal training is certainly something of value is in forecasting outcomes but for those, I don't think he crunches the numbers himself. He has some stats guy in the back room doing it for him. So overall, this just seems like a weird thread.
I thought this thread would be bad when I read the topic, but it is actually much worse after reading some of the responses in here. -JoeT

#11 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,870 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10
  • Interests:You know what I'm about.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

That's to be expected from a man with two first names.

Dude, I make $1,600 a month.  

I actually kissed a girl for the first time last night in like over a year and a half.

#12 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,870 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

His parents failed worse than parents who let their daughters become strippers IMO.

I actually kissed a girl for the first time last night in like over a year and a half.

#13 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,913 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

He did go to GW, though he did not graduate. I think he was just one or two courses short of graduating. So, he has a formal education, just not the degree.

#14 madhatter

madhatter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Joined 01-April 08

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

Neither did you for the first 30whatever years of your life, you judgemental #####.

Fun fact - I loswt my virginity exactly 3 dyas ago and also how efver many years oh my dog hi h'm nt ogood #### you and ythe horse you road in on hi see you later guess hwat my wife is all like blah blah balh and now we're are killijg you in you face an stuf..

you can keep on being awesome with your bad self out there in texas where everything is bigger including the jerkwads apparently

#15 mr roboto

mr roboto

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,427 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10
  • Interests:Dots (especially Blue and Orange) and Swedish Fish

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

Neither did you for the first 30whatever years of your life, you judgemental #####.

:lmao:

Come on guys. He threw eight innings of one hit ball and needed someone to close it out for him. So what if the closer could have been a fifth grader?

#16 urbanhack

urbanhack

Fight The Power!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,807 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

That's to be expected from a man with two first names.

And a University of Miami fan

City living and consumerism is, at its essence, unamerican.

..::sp::..

#17 Disc Shark

Disc Shark

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 843 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

No, just Chuck Todd.

#18 Chaka

Chaka

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33,084 posts
  • Joined 10-August 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

I think you're right and it's a good point but they were from a different era where people would sometimes go learn a craft or skill over college. These days you almost need a 4 year degree just to wait tables. That commercial he runs on MSNBC, I was thinking who put this together, some high school kid? Well, I discovered the answer to that question.

You would think someone over at NBC, MSNBC, at some point they would tell him that he needs to go to night school, something but he can't advance as far as he wants until he at least has a degree in journalism. I think he's a bumbling idiot most of the time so to learn this did not surprise me as much as it explained things IMO.

Isn't the average educational achievement of Americans a high school diploma?
The only thing Americans fear is inconvenience.

#19 NutterButter

NutterButter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

I have an undergrad and grad degree from a top 25 school and it was really just a resume builder during my early professional years. Almost all of the skills I use on the job I learned on the job or through much more focused independent study in recent years. College was the most fun 5 years of my life, but hardly necessary for me to be very good at what I do for a living.

#20 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,580 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

Have you also started threads about Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity not having college degrees? I'm pretty sure they "shape" 100x more views daily than a bit player like Chuck Todd.

#21 RhymesMcJuice

RhymesMcJuice

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined 04-October 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:42 AM

What I like about him is that he's not like every talking head on TV, now I know why. A college degree isn't always a good thing, in some professions - journalism being one - you can actually be better off without it.

He's busy - sort 'em out and let God kill 'em all.

#22 RhymesMcJuice

RhymesMcJuice

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined 04-October 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

He did go to GW, though he did not graduate. I think he was just one or two courses short of graduating. So, he has a formal education, just not the degree.

Two classes? Give me a break, nothing he would have learned in those two classes makes one bit of difference in the real world.

#23 fatguyinalittlecoat

fatguyinalittlecoat

Footballguy

• King of Smack
  • Pip
  • 27,481 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

What I like about him is that he's not like every talking head on TV, now I know why.

I don't think it's because of the lack of college degree. I'd attribute it more to the fact that he originally worked his way up behind the scenes rather than in front of the camera.

In second grade I put off doing a clay dinosaur diorama until the night before it was due. Still got a check-plus.

#24 RhymesMcJuice

RhymesMcJuice

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined 04-October 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

You seem to be operating under a mistaken idea, MoP. We use degrees as a signaling mechanism. If we don't want to spend a whole lot of time evaluating someone for ourselves, we can find out how much education they've received and where it's from. That gives us a basic, general idea of what we can expect out of talking to them. But there's variations from the norm in both directions. You can have a genius who only ever did community college or complete dunces who graduated from Harvard. There's some things, like say engineering, where education gives us job-critical skills and other jobs, like say journalism, where it may teach and give us context on what we end up covering. Its importance is on a spectrum, not a binary thing. If you don't like Chuck Todd, that's fine. But my opinion of him as a general political pundit doesn't really shift by whether or not he finished college especially given the content of what he generally covers: political scoreboard stuff, mostly... who's up, who's down, who's rising. The stuff he does with some regularity where formal training is certainly something of value is in forecasting outcomes but for those, I don't think he crunches the numbers himself. He has some stats guy in the back room doing it for him. So overall, this just seems like a weird thread.

:goodposting:

#25 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,913 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

Two classes? Give me a break, nothing he would have learned in those two classes makes one bit of difference in the real world.

Agreed. I think he took a job with a campaign or Hotline and just never finished. He talks about GW hoops on his Twitter feed frequently (which I appreciate as a GW alum and GW basketball season ticket holder). GW even lists him on their web site as a famous alum.

Edited by Don Quixote, 08 November 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#26 squistion

squistion

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,374 posts
  • Joined 26-July 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

Have you also started threads about Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity not having college degrees? I'm pretty sure they "shape" 100x more views daily than a bit player like Chuck Todd.

:goodposting: I was going to bring this up myself if you hadn't.

QUOTE (Marvin @ Apr 25, 2012 12:45 AM)

squistion is going to come in here and start reporting people. Then you'll really be sorry.

QUOTE (JerseyToughGuys @ Apr 20, 2012 03:45 PM)
No one expects the spanish squistion!~@@

#27 Clayton Gray

Clayton Gray

Just call me Carlton

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 23,856 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

this did not surprise me

I also am usually shocked by things that don't surprise me.

#28 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,870 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

Good thread, MoP.

Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

#29 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,870 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

this did not surprise me

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this.

#30 BobbyLayne

BobbyLayne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,463 posts
  • Joined 21-November 07

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

:lol:

#31 Sconch

Sconch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,453 posts
  • Joined 05-March 08

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Dude has at least one college degree.

#32 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,365 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

Dude has at least one college degree.

It was Jennings, he got a break because he was Canadian.
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#33 mr roboto

mr roboto

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,427 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10
  • Interests:Dots (especially Blue and Orange) and Swedish Fish

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

this did not surprise me

:lmao: MoP getting tagged up in here.

Come on guys. He threw eight innings of one hit ball and needed someone to close it out for him. So what if the closer could have been a fifth grader?

#34 Sconch

Sconch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,453 posts
  • Joined 05-March 08

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

Chuck Todd is that political reporter guy that looks like he should be on the back of a bass boat, right?

#35 urbanhack

urbanhack

Fight The Power!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,807 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

Chuck Todd is that political reporter guy that looks like he should be on the back of a bass boat, right?

No..that's Howard Fineman.

City living and consumerism is, at its essence, unamerican.

..::sp::..

#36 Sconch

Sconch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,453 posts
  • Joined 05-March 08

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

No..that's Howard Fineman.

Fineman has an MS and a JD. He's so much better than we are.

#37 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,510 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03
  • Interests:All of the above.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

this did not surprise me

I'm shocked to see a slip up like that from MoP, but I can't say I'm surprised.

#38 E Street Brat

E Street Brat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,308 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

Pretty sure you played the degree card in a Beck vs Maddow debate.
Some call it "Bluegrass"
We call it Murder!

The Pine Box Boys

#39 Cliff Clavin

Cliff Clavin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,078 posts
  • Joined 08-December 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

this did not surprise me

Take it easy on him. It isn't like he has a college degree yet.

I invented a crude Sybian around '91 using a hairbrush handle and record player. The chick would always say 33 was fine but the thing would get cranked to 78 within a minute or so.

Never listen to me. I don't know what I'm talking about.

#40 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,870 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

this did not surprise me

#41 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,750 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

this did not surprise me

:lmao: MoP getting tagged up in here.

With LHucks banned for 6 months, someone has to pick up the slack in here. If anyone thinks I didn't know it would turn on me then you really don't me very well. I figured there would be a few attacks, its good for people, makes 'em feel better. I really just need one big thread like Gm and Shuke, that way all the hate can be contained in one nice and neat thread and I can just post up whatever silliness I find in the World.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

#42 Steve Tasker

Steve Tasker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,126 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Am I the only person who doesn't know who Chuck Todd is?

The entire state is a bunch of racist rednecks with piles of Negroes in their attics

Fans link

#43 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,365 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't know that LHucks is banned for 6 months?
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#44 Osaurus

Osaurus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,786 posts
  • Joined 04-January 06
  • Interests:Yak Herding

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't know that LHucks is banned for 6 months?

Chuck Todd alias?
- no matter where you go, there you are.

She was smoking some of that Endor Fern.

Someone get the new kid a map of the Shart Pool

#45 Sconch

Sconch

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,453 posts
  • Joined 05-March 08

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Am I the only person who doesn't know who Chuck Todd is?

I had to look him up. I knew the name and the face but had to put them together.

#46 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,580 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Pretty sure you played the degree card in a Beck vs Maddow debate.

And? I'm not arguing the brilliance of Chuck Todd here, just pointing out the far more influential blowhards on MOP's team who have far less education than Todd.

#47 Christo

Christo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53,081 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

Sorry, but everyone knows all that learnin' doesn't kick in until you are handed the old sheepskin.
Thanks,

Christo

#48 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,580 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

With LHucks banned for 6 months, someone has to pick up the slack in here. If anyone thinks I didn't know it would turn on me then you really don't me very well. I figured there would be a few attacks, its good for people, makes 'em feel better. I really just need one big thread like Gm and Shuke, that way all the hate can be contained in one nice and neat thread and I can just post up whatever silliness I find in the World.

In fairness, you left yourself wide open here.

#49 Joe Summer

Joe Summer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,620 posts
  • Joined 10-March 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

It's the perfect name for a game show host.

#50 RhymesMcJuice

RhymesMcJuice

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Joined 04-October 09

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

It's the perfect name for a game show host.

If he went to college he could have been somebody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users