Photo

Which Tablet has the Most/Best Features?

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#1 Hang 10

Hang 10

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,775 posts
  • Joined 28-September 07

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

I currently own an original ipad but it's never going to replace my home PC. But that's the thing...I want it to. I think the main issue I have with the ipad, is that the wife can't load her pictures directly from our camera to our tablet. Now, the question is...can you do this on ANY tablet? Or am I hoping to find a tablet that hasn't been invented yet. Also, yes, I'm aware that I could just get a laptop but I'd rather stick with a tablet if possible.

#2 Buddy Ball 2K3

Buddy Ball 2K3

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,842 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

I am loving my Toshiba Thrive.

Full-size HDMI port
Mini USB 2.0 port
Full-size USB 2.0 port
Full-size SD Card slot

You can get a 16gb for around $300

What you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul..

#3 Slapdash

Slapdash

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 17,084 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

:blackdot:

#4 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,902 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

The iPad is the best tablet out there by a wide margin IMO. I've been waiting for an Android tablet to challenge it for a year now but Google's tablets just aren't mature at this time. A year from now could be a very different story as Android continues to blow the doors off of iOS in market share.

If moving photos from camera to your cpu/tablet/phone is an issue, Eye-Fi may be your solution. I haven't made the move yet, but a buddy of mine at work swears by it.

#5 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51,340 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Transformer Prime is being released next month.

at no no point in history has the outline of asses and ######s been more readily available.

#6 the moops

the moops

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,984 posts
  • Joined 21-November 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

I currently own an original ipad but it's never going to replace my home PC. But that's the thing...I want it to. I think the main issue I have with the ipad, is that the wife can't load her pictures directly from our camera to our tablet. Now, the question is...can you do this on ANY tablet? Or am I hoping to find a tablet that hasn't been invented yet. Also, yes, I'm aware that I could just get a laptop but I'd rather stick with a tablet if possible.

Isn't there an adaptor you can buy to go from camera --> ipad? Seems like a simpler, cheaper solution than buying a whole new tablet.

#7 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,902 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Isn't there an adaptor you can buy to go from camera --> ipad? Seems like a simpler, cheaper solution than buying a whole new tablet.

There is. My wife has one for her iPad. I think it's ~ $24.99 or so.

#8 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

:goodposting: we have the camera connection kit on our ipad1. we now have the fire & I like it a lot. There is no perfect tablet for everybody.

#9 Slapdash

Slapdash

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 17,084 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

The iPad is the best tablet out there by a wide margin IMO. I've been waiting for an Android tablet to challenge it for a year now but Google's tablets just aren't mature at this time. A year from now could be a very different story as Android continues to blow the doors off of iOS in market share.

If moving photos from camera to your cpu/tablet/phone is an issue, Eye-Fi may be your solution. I haven't made the move yet, but a buddy of mine at work swears by it.

How do the Windows tablets compare?

#10 AcerFC

AcerFC

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 21,029 posts
  • Joined 11-August 05

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

wow

If BG's have a choice between Norm and Acer, even if both are PJ's why choose Norm?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FBGs Cookbook

#11 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

:thumbup: eye fi ccard is cool

#12 doowain

doowain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,377 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

:goodposting:

Eye-Fi is amazing. You think that plugging in your camera to upload pictures isn't THAT big of a deal, until you don't have to do it. Not only does it automatically upload them to your computer, but you can set it up to sync to any number of online photo hosts. Just beautiful.

It can be a bit pricey, but I found mine at Best Buy on sale for $60. Normal price is around $100? Well worth it.

#13 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51,340 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

Eye-Fi is amazing. You think that plugging in your camera to upload pictures isn't THAT big of a deal, until you don't have to do it. Not only does it automatically upload them to your computer, but you can set it up to sync to any number of online photo hosts. Just beautiful.

It can be a bit pricey, but I found mine at Best Buy on sale for $60. Normal price is around $100? Well worth it.

$39 on Amazon

at no no point in history has the outline of asses and ######s been more readily available.

#14 doowain

doowain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,377 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

$39 on Amazon

Ahhh...yeah. I have the 8GB. That's the 4.

ETA: This one.

Edited by doowain, 18 November 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#15 Magic_Man

Magic_Man

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,165 posts
  • Joined 19-April 07

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

:blackdot:

#16 BoltBacker

BoltBacker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,230 posts
  • Joined 01-May 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

I was going to post the exact same thing. That tablet with the optional keyboard definitely qualifies as "most/best features". If I was looking for a tablet that could replace a computer that would be the one. The only thing missing is Ice Cream Sandwich and since it's not dependent on the mobile carriers there's a very good chance of getting the update as soon as it's available.

I think that tablet may actually put pressure on the price of ultrabooks.

#17 FinHead

FinHead

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Joined 04-June 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

I was going to post the exact same thing. That tablet with the optional keyboard definitely qualifies as "most/best features". If I was looking for a tablet that could replace a computer that would be the one. The only thing missing is Ice Cream Sandwich and since it's not dependent on the mobile carriers there's a very good chance of getting the update as soon as it's available.

:thumbup:

I'm anxiously waiting on the US pre-order.
"I don't like what I see anymore, so let's create our own reality."

"Do one thing everyday that scares you"

#18 Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,208 posts
  • Joined 04-April 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

:thumbup:

I'm anxiously waiting on the US pre-order.

Wow, that looks pretty sweet. I still am going to wait until iPad3 is announced to make a decision, but as of today that looks like the Tablet to own.

OK - then YOU are the ########.

#19 valhallan

valhallan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,202 posts
  • Joined 25-August 04

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

I have the original Transformer and Asus has been amazingly quick on updates, so I would definitely expect the Prime to have ICS in short order.

#20 Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,208 posts
  • Joined 04-April 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

So you can hook this up to your TV via HDMI?

#21 Dexter

Dexter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,654 posts
  • Joined 12-September 07

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

:goodposting: I have the original TF and love it. It's a tablet that does everything an iPad does and more and it's a laptop.
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

#22 footballfever

footballfever

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 15-November 11

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

you gotta go with the iPad

#23 footballfever

footballfever

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 15-November 11

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

#24 toadstool

toadstool

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 712 posts
  • Joined 31-July 11

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

I had an iPad (1ed), Xoom, Galaxy Tab (10") and Transformer (1ed). The transformer is the best currently, followed by the Galaxy, Xoom, iPad (1ed). I have used the iPad (2ed) and would put that above the Xoom and Tab, but not the Transformer. The prime will be the Transformer on steroids!

#25 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51,340 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

One reason to get an iPad 2 over a Prime?

#26 valhallan

valhallan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,202 posts
  • Joined 25-August 04

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

So you can hook this up to your TV via HDMI?

The Transformer? Yep. Do it all the time.

#27 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

Ecosystem . Especially if you have an iphone

#28 Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,208 posts
  • Joined 04-April 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Ecosystem . Especially if you have an iphone

That will def be a consideration with all the apps i already own.

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins, 18 November 2011 - 07:50 PM.

#29 Dexter

Dexter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,654 posts
  • Joined 12-September 07

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Can the iPad connect to the iphone and share data plans? Cause my TF can connect to my Droid X through Bluetooth with no problem (neither of which are rooted.
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

#30 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Can the iPad connect to the iphone and share data plans? Cause my TF can connect to my Droid X through Bluetooth with no problem (neither of which are rooted.

Why not tell us

#31 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,788 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Ipad had 67% of market in October and is quickly losing ground.
This program(?) named Alien Dalvik allows ipad folks to run Android apps on it so that's gonna help. Android's are dirt cheap and sure to catch up by Christmas. I imagine it'll be like PC vs Mac.

Twitter Formerly of USAToday, owner of FootballHangout. Creator of Mock Draft Simulator app on Google Play Store.

#32 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39,902 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

This program(?) named Alien Dalvik allows ipad folks to run Android apps on it so that's gonna help. Android's are dirt cheap and sure to catch up by Christmas. I imagine it'll be like PC vs Mac.

Do you have a link? I'm not doubting you - I'd just like to see the source article b/c everythign I've read suggests its more like 95-5.

#33 BoltBacker

BoltBacker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,230 posts
  • Joined 01-May 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

Do you have a link? I'm not doubting you - I'd just like to see the source article b/c everythign I've read suggests its more like 95-5.

I find the 67% mark right now kind of difficult to believe as well given the android os optimized for tablets hasn't even hit yet but really isn't it just an argument of semantics at this point? You have the dual-core tablets from a trusted source with similar functionality to the ipad2 that are just getting to customers for under $200 this week. The tablet optimized os and the quad-core tablets that are much more powerful than the ipad2 at the same price point are due to arrive in a few weeks.

Whether it's 67% ios right now or in January, or whether it's eventually 67% android in 2012 or 2013 is there anyone that really doubts that's what's going to happen? That's one reason I don't think the "ecosystem" argument holds a lot of water. The only ecosystem I'm buying into is the web. That way I can use a windows gaming desktop PC at home to use the same services I use with an android tablet and an iphone if I choose. They will all have full web access so it doesn't make much sense to me to invest heavily into apps or services that work with only one os.

#34 goonsquad

goonsquad

Think different.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,573 posts
  • Joined 04-October 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

I've seen reports with the 67% number. They are based on shipments to retailers, not actual sales to users. Counting unsold units sitting in warehouses as market share seems a bit deceiving to me.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008

If I am the coach I want the RB backed by the devil.

#35 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,788 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

There was a press release that went around. Wasn't send from either google or mac, can't recall who. If you google android versus ipad you'll find more articles written from that press release. This is from eweek. Pretty much covers what's in this thread

During the third quarter, more than 4.5 million Android tablets shipped, according to Strategy Analytics. This represents 27 percent of market shipments.

More than 4.5 million tablet computers based on Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android operating system shipped in the third quarter, comprising 27 percent of the market shipments, according to research released by Strategy Analytics Oct. 21.
Android's tablet share pales in comparison to the 67 percent table share enjoyed by Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPad, which the company said earlier this week sold 11.1 million units, and over 32 million units since its launch in April 2010.

Here's the caveat, as pointed out by GigaOm: Apple's count is for iPads actually sold. The Android count is simply the number that shipped. Only the collective retailers and their OEMs know how many have sold, versus those still sitting on store shelves.

Still, if one cottons to Strategy Analytics stats, Apple's iPad and Android slates tallied 94 percent of 16.7 million units sold, a 280 percent boost from the 4.4 million total in the third quarter last year. Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) acquired a 2 percent global tablet share, while Research in Motion's (NASDAQ:RIMM) BlackBerry PlayBook grabbed a lowly 1 percent of the market.

The big story is the boost to Android's tablet plot, which has been frequently cited as a weakness, compared with the platform's smartphone share of over 40 percent worldwide. Apple's iPhone has a 20 percent worldwide share, and as much as 28 percent in the U.S. Yet the same Android OEMs who are selling tens of millions of Android handsets have thus far struggled to duplicate that success in tablets.

Part of that is due to the overwhelming success of the iPad and the fact that smartphones are in much greater demand than the nascent tablet market. Another part of that is that the Android Honeycomb tablet-tailored operating system has proven buggy.

Indeed, Motorola Mobility (NYSE:MMI) ignited the Honeycomb machine market in February this year but was denigrated early by critics who found it buggy and crash-prone. Xoom sales were quickly eclipsed by Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 and other machines that better handled Honeycomb and its later builds.

Yet somehow Android slates shipments came on strong this past quarter, increasing twelvefold from Q3 2010. Why the increase? It's not clear. Perhaps it’s the availability of more tablet options and the increased awareness of the hardware medium.

HTC has launched a few slates with its Scribe stylus technology. Samsung has since added the Galaxy Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, and is set to launch the Tab 7.0 Plus Nov. 13.

Of course, Samsung and Motorola are but two of many Android OEMs leveraging the open-source platform, according to Strategy Analytics Director Neil Mawston.

"Dozens of Android models distributed across multiple countries by numerous brands such as Samsung, Acer and others have been driving volumes," said Mawston.

The analyst added that the tablet sector will be watching the launch of Amazon's (NASDAQ:AMZN) Kindle Fire, a 7-inch Android tablet the e-commerce giant will begin selling Nov. 15 for $199. "Amazon's strategy of minimizing its hardware price is set to ignite the entry-level tablet segment and attract more mass-market consumers," Mawston added.

Given Amazon's clear predilection to challenge Apple in media sales, if the Kindle Fire sells well this holiday season—the company is supposedly taking 30,000 to 50,000 pre-orders a day—it's likely the company will announce its actual Kindle Fire sales to tout its success

Twitter Formerly of USAToday, owner of FootballHangout. Creator of Mock Draft Simulator app on Google Play Store.

#36 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

From Electronista

Study: iPad has 88 percent of global tablet web traffic

4 (0) 3
updated 01:00 am EST, Fri November 18, 2011

Casts doubt on competitor tablet sell-through

A new analysis of web traffic share of iPad and other tablets suggests that genuine Android tablet sell-through to consumers may be even lower than previously thought. The iPad is widely reported to have about 75 percent marketshare, but web traffic shows the real penetration is closer to 88 percent globally and even higher in the US, approaching 96 percent, Royal Pingdom reports.

While Apple tends to report actual numbers sold through to consumers when commenting on iPad sales, most of the competitors only mention sales to wholesalers, not end users. Consequently, Android tablet sales often look larger than they actually are.

Last month, Android division head Andy Rubin cited six million Android tablets in the market, but didn't specify user sales versus shipments. Even so, by the same point in time, Apple had reported selling around 40 million iPads in total, and were selling them to users as fast as they could make them. This gives the iPad an 85 percent marketshare when considering shipments.

The difference between shipments and sales, however, might be detected by tablet web traffic -- since it is a logical assumption that nearly all tablets of any sort will be used to surf the web once in consumers' hands. The survey company comScore reported in October that iPads were accounting for 95.5 percent of US web traffic, which is almost the exact same percentage the iPad is credited for (95.7 percent) in total video hours streamed as reported by Ooyala in the summer quarter.

At least in the US, the iPad appears to be dominating sales far more than its "shipment" marketshare would suggest. It may also point to the idea that non-iPad tablets are getting the majority of their sales outside the US, which would support StatCounter's claim that iPads have 87.6 percent of global tablet traffic (Android tablets are said to have 11 percent, leaving just one percent for the other tablet platform makers). For perspective, however, even the iPad's impressive sales and web use give it only 1.2 percent of global web traffic overall (almost two percent in the US).

It's possible the results are skewed by presuming that Android tablet owners surf the web considerably less per capita than iPad owners, but otherwise the analysis paints a grim portrait of poor sell-through of Android tablets in North America, with companies relying on non-US sales and shipment figures to bolster the image of Android as a real competitor in the tablet space. Android phones, on the other hand, continue to do extremely well -- but Apple's position in tablets is more akin to its position in the music-player segment.

Read more: http://www.electroni.../#ixzz1eGBg37jF

#37 Dexter

Dexter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,654 posts
  • Joined 12-September 07

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

Why not tell us

I don't know that's why I'm asking.

#38 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,788 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

Kindle Fire (big deal, not to me, but to others) has an android version or normally comes with it. I didn't read, wasn't interested. Nonetheless, that's going to help Android's share as Kindle Fire ads seem to be on every website on the web. What's an Ipad2 cost? $600? Android tablets 7" are 60-100 bucks. We all know people will roll with the cheaper version and it's only a matter of time. What percent is surely debatable, but it's coming and probably this Christmas and Black Friday. IMO an Imac is a superior computer to tons of windows computers. Last I checked they ran anywhere from 2-4000 dollars. You can get a junk PC for 100 at geeks.com with XP on it and minimal everything else. Alienware and other companies make sweet windows computers. I rarely come across them. I work in an IT dept for 200 workers and we take care of their home computers they bring in too. It's a relatively small sample, but I think I see enough to have a decent idea. This season "tablet" is as common a word as "ipod" once was.

#39 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,788 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

Hell Toupee, that guy's not wrong in regards to his digging and what seems to be poorly supplied stats. He's got good points. He's wrong though when he projects. The price difference is just too big. You can probably go into your local Walmart or BestBuy and see it for yourself. I imagine there's far more Android devices than Ipads there. By me they've got them displayed on what looks like the old camera display and there's 8-10 androids, the ipad and an ipad2. The androids one can try, but the ipads are in a glass case and ya gotta ask for some worker to come unlock it to try them. Even the dopey display makes it less accessible like the price.

#40 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hell Toupee, that guy's not wrong in regards to his digging and what seems to be poorly supplied stats. He's got good points. He's wrong though when he projects. The price difference is just too big. You can probably go into your local Walmart or BestBuy and see it for yourself. I imagine there's far more Android devices than Ipads there. By me they've got them displayed on what looks like the old camera display and there's 8-10 androids, the ipad and an ipad2. The androids one can try, but the ipads are in a glass case and ya gotta ask for some worker to come unlock it to try them. Even the dopey display makes it less accessible like the price.

I understand the $ different but in the tablet is just so varied , I think the multiple categories within the tablet umbrella makes it too fluid to project right now. The full featured tabs(iPad galaxy ec.) the Fire/B&N tabs and finally the no-name android devices. I really think those cheap no-names are more harmful than helpful in the long run.You think a persons 1st taste of tablets & android isn't really going to be that outstanding. In the end it will be the ecosystems that will win out & androids greatest "ambassador" might be Amazon.

#41 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51,340 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

It's possible the results are skewed by presuming that Android tablet owners surf the web considerably less per capita than iPad owners

Gee, ya think? I'm guessing that most iPad owners don't have a laptop and use it as their main computer.

#42 2Young2BBald

2Young2BBald

Footbaldguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,323 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

Stupid Kindle Fire question (that I can't find and answer to): I have a Subscription to Triathlete Magazine. Will I be able to read the mag on the Fire? If not, is there a way to switch the subscription print to the Fire? Tying to figure out we'll get the Fire and be able to read mags we already subscribe to would help the us make up our minds.

#43 2Young2BBald

2Young2BBald

Footbaldguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,323 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

Stupid Kindle Fire question (that I can't find and answer to): I have a Subscription to Triathlete Magazine. Will I be able to read the mag on the Fire? If not, is there a way to switch the subscription print to the Fire? Tying to figure out we'll get the Fire and be able to read mags we already subscribe to would help the us make up our minds.

#44 randall146

randall146

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

LOOK AT ME I KNOW HOW TO SWIM AND RIDE A BICYCLE!!

#45 [icon]

[icon]

Insoxicated

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69,378 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:X|O|O
    --------
    O|X|X
    --------
    X|O|O

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

What's an Ipad2 cost? $600?
Android tablets 7" are 60-100 bucks.

Serious question. Have you actually used one of those Sub $100 Tablets?

Resistive touch panels completely destroy the tablet experience.

Edited by [icon], 20 November 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#46 2Young2BBald

2Young2BBald

Footbaldguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,323 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

LOOK AT ME I KNOW HOW TO SWIM AND RIDE A BICYCLE!!

Yeah, that's what I am all about :rolleyes: Just used it for example sake.

#47 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

It's possible the results are skewed by presuming that Android tablet owners surf the web considerably less per capita than iPad owners

Gee, ya think? I'm guessing that most iPad owners don't have a laptop and use it as their main computer.

What would lead you to that guess? Based on the typical Apple customer I would guess you are dead wrong

#48 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,500 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

you'd have to contact the publisher couldn't find it on my fire through amazons store. You could get it through the zinio app + they are giving a $25 credit

#49 2Young2BBald

2Young2BBald

Footbaldguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,323 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

you'd have to contact the publisher couldn't find it on my fire through amazons store. You could get it through the zinio app + they are giving a $25 credit

:thanks:

#50 Dexter

Dexter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,654 posts
  • Joined 12-September 07

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

There is no Triathlete Mag app, at least not for andriod I'm not sure if iOS has one. But do a google search for Triathlete digital to view the current issue free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users