#1 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Anyone agree or disagree that the Big Ten will win this challenge for the third year in a row? Miami vs Purdue = Purdue Georgia Tech vs Northwestern = Northwestern Maryland vs Illinois = Maryland Virginia vs Michigan = Michigan Clemson vs Iowa = Clemson Duke vs Ohio State = Ohio State NC State vs Indiana = Indiana Boston College vs Penn State = Boston College Florida State vs Michigan State = Michigan State Virginia Tech vs Minnesota = Minnesota Wake Forest vs Nebraska = Wake Forest North Carolina vs Wisconsin = North Carolina Big Ten wins. 7-5

Edited by Garrett, 02 May 2014 - 05:39 PM.

1940 - 1953 - 1976 - 1981 - 1987

#2 johnnyrock62000

johnnyrock62000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,508 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

I hope it goes like this.
Someone once told me, "When you want to sound profound, just quote something someone else said."

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for them. - Malcolm S. Forbes

#3 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Anyone agree or disagree that the Big Ten will win this challenge for the third year in a row? Miami vs Purdue = Purdue Georgia Tech vs Northwestern = Northwestern Maryland vs Illinois = Maryland Virginia vs Michigan = Michigan Clemson vs Iowa = Clemson Duke vs Ohio State = Ohio State NC State vs Indiana = Indiana Boston College vs Penn State = Boston College Florida State vs Michigan State = Michigan State Virginia Tech vs Minnesota = Minnesota Wake Forest vs Nebraska = Wake Forest North Carolina vs Wisconsin = North Carolina Big Ten wins. 7-5

This is a down year for the big ten especially at the top. OSU will lose to Duke and probably one or two others will go to the ACC. On the plus side, both Indiana and Michigan have their mojo back and will be serious powers for years to come.

#4 The Real Hipster Doofus

The Real Hipster Doofus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

This is a down year for the big ten especially at the top. OSU will lose to Duke and probably one or two others will go to the ACC. On the plus side, both Indiana and Michigan have their mojo back and will be serious powers for years to come.

It might be slightly weaker at the top, but the depth is the best it has been in a long time. OSU is a national title contender (and IMO better than Duke). Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St. and Purdue are pretty much locks for the tourney. Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa will all be solid teams with the potential to make the tourney. 2-3 of them likely will.

#5 Spartans Rule

Spartans Rule

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,675 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

It might be slightly weaker at the top, but the depth is the best it has been in a long time. OSU is a national title contender (and IMO better than Duke). Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St. and Purdue are pretty much locks for the tourney. Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa will all be solid teams with the potential to make the tourney. 2-3 of them likely will.

Agree with most of this, except Iowa is not a solid team by any stretch of the imagination. They were blown out by Creighton and Campbell. They may not win a Big Ten game.

The very fact there are black colleges is racist against white people. It seems their racist school has had trouble filling up due to black people going to other universities(this has been stated in articles you have posted) so now black colleges are forced to be less racist, and saying hey, we don't just accept black people here you know.

#6 Spartans Rule

Spartans Rule

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,675 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

It's too bad there's no Legends Division in basketball: Michigan State, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Iowa. :lol:

The very fact there are black colleges is racist against white people. It seems their racist school has had trouble filling up due to black people going to other universities(this has been stated in articles you have posted) so now black colleges are forced to be less racist, and saying hey, we don't just accept black people here you know.

#7 The Real Hipster Doofus

The Real Hipster Doofus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Agree with most of this, except Iowa is not a solid team by any stretch of the imagination. They were blown out by Creighton and Campbell. They may not win a Big Ten game.

That's true. I still like the talent they have on the roster though, and think they have a good chance of turning it around. Maybe not NCAA tourney level, but I think they will win some games in the Big Ten.

#8 Spartans Rule

Spartans Rule

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,675 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

That's true. I still like the talent they have on the roster though, and think they have a good chance of turning it around. Maybe not NCAA tourney level, but I think they will win some games in the Big Ten.

Looking at their roster, they don't look as bad on paper as they have on the floor. I remember Basabe giving MSU fits last year, but he's started slow.

#9 urbanhack

urbanhack

Fight The Power!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

:blackdot:

City living and consumerism is, at its essence, unamerican.

..::sp::..

#10 Bobcat10

Bobcat10

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,364 posts
  • Joined 02-August 03

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

It's too bad there's no Legends Division in basketball: Michigan State, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Iowa. :lol:

This is the first time I actually thought about Nebraska hoops being in the conference.
xbl = rodells

#11 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

This is the first time I actually thought about Nebraska hoops being in the conference.

I'm interested to see what their home games look like on Big Ten Network. I am getting up there in years, and I can't recall ever seeing a player wearing a Nebraska basketball uniform on any highlight package.

#12 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Penn State is looking extra special bad, 10 points in the first half vs Saint Joseph... :thumbdown:

#13 johnnyrock62000

johnnyrock62000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,508 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

I said the same thing last year before injuries derailed the season, but watch out for MN to surprise some people. Sounds crazy but outside chance to win Big10 title. :homer:
Someone once told me, "When you want to sound profound, just quote something someone else said."

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for them. - Malcolm S. Forbes

#14 Moe.

Moe.

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,714 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

They have different divisions for bball? Or is it just no divisions at all?

#15 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

I said the same thing last year before injuries derailed the season, but watch out for MN to surprise some people. Sounds crazy but outside chance to win Big10 title. :homer:

If Mbakwe is out for the year that would be a huge loss.

#16 Bobcat10

Bobcat10

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,364 posts
  • Joined 02-August 03

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Buckeyes LaQuinton Ross eligible Dec 9th. :thumbup:
xbl = rodells

#17 johnnyrock62000

johnnyrock62000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,508 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

If Mbakwe is out for the year that would be a huge loss.

I hear you. Devastating. Too bad for the guy. Hope they find a way to finish in the middle but unlikely unless there's exponential development. It was a good run.

#18 Spartans Rule

Spartans Rule

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,675 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

They have different divisions for bball? Or is it just no divisions at all?

No divisions at all.

#19 Man in the yellow hat

Man in the yellow hat

Footballguy

• RMT Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 2,856 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

I think it's likely Wisconsin loses to North Carolina. However, I'm really impressed with the guard play to date. Ben Brust has been a revelation alongside Jordan Taylor. Add in a more experienced Gasser, and these guys can compeltely fill it up. The key will be getting getting their bigs to play at a decent level.
It's not how far you go, it's how go you far.

#20 cj*

cj*

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Michigan mojo= loss to Virginia?
Official Member of the Ignore LHUCKS movement circa Sept 2007

XBOX Gamertag- CJFLINDERS

#21 ArbyMelt

ArbyMelt

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 816 posts
  • Joined 11-February 11

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

Who is the only Big Ten school to win 4 in a row in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge?
Spoiler

#22 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

Ohio State looked completely dominant last night. I expected them to win, but not in that fashion. I can't see how anyone can rank Kentucky ahead of them after that game.

#23 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Indiana is better than you think.

#24 Gopher State

Gopher State

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,993 posts
  • Joined 25-July 04

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

you got it right BABY
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming, ’Wow, what a ride’.”

#25 Mario Kart

Mario Kart

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,523 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Taylor needed to reset that ball. Quick three does no good. Reset the offense.
Vikram: Confidence. It's the fool of the wise man but the liquor of the fool.

#26 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

First campers just showed up for Indiana - Kentucky game on Saturday... http://p.twimg.com/A...IsSS4.jpg:large Temperature lows dropping into the teens this week.

#27 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Fact. ;)

#28 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Fact. ;)

The got ranked 18th, but are really top 10 material. Looking like the 2nd best team in the big 10 at this point.

#29 Spartans Rule

Spartans Rule

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,675 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

MSU looked really good in its win at Gonzaga. Getting back to playing tough, physical Izzo-style basketball. Looking forward to the Big Ten opener at home with Indiana, should be interesting.

#30 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

MSU looked really good in its win at Gonzaga. Getting back to playing tough, physical Izzo-style basketball. Looking forward to the Big Ten opener at home with Indiana, should be interesting.

:yes: Draymond Green was an absolute beast at Gonzaga last weekend. I thought it was a joke that Michigan State was not ranked prior to the Gonzaga win.

#31 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

There are probably eight teams in the Big 10 that should make the tourney. The tough schedule of conference play will probably knock it down to seven though.

#32 BroncoFreak_2K3

BroncoFreak_2K3

sucker for Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,357 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Totally agree. Hopefully they continue this throughout the year. Only showed glimpses of this last year. I really like this group this year. Looking forward to watching them at the Bres' throughout the B1G season.
QUOTE (timschochet @ Feb 23, 2012, 1:33PM) Naturally. I'm an idiot.
QUOTE (
Otis @ Oct 19, 2011, 8:29 PM) Otis, you were so stupid to pay a lot of money for that service.
QUOTE (timschochet @ Jan 20 2010, 10:04 AM) I'm weird, I know.
QUOTE (Ministry of Pain @ Dec 13 2009, 02:53 PM) I come off like a doosh no matter what I post.
QUOTE (Jaysus @ Nov 13 2008, 05:12 PM) my boner asked me to blackdot this thread for future reference.
QUOTE (AnonymousBob @ Aug 14 2007, 12:00 AM) When Joe Bryant is talking about shanking a dude you know it's bad.

#33 Spartans Rule

Spartans Rule

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,675 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

:yes: Draymond Green was an absolute beast at Gonzaga last weekend. I thought it was a joke that Michigan State was not ranked prior to the Gonzaga win.

They needed a quality win for the ranking. Florida State at home was their best win before that, but they didn't look bad against UNC and Duke and they've been devouring their cupcakes.

#34 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

Ugly loss for Purdue. Butler lost at Ball State.

CHOKE

Edited by Garrett, 17 December 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#35 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

This video at Nick's is pretty cool from last week.

#36 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

The best and deepest basketball conference tips off tonight! This is how I see them finish: 1. OSU 2. Indiana 3. Wisconsin 4. Michigan 5. Michigan State 6. Illinois 7. Minnesota 8. Northwestern With the top 7 going to the big dance.

#37 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

The best and deepest basketball conference tips off tonight! This is how I see them finish: 1. OSU 2. Indiana 3. Wisconsin 4. Michigan 5. Michigan State 6. Illinois 7. Minnesota 8. Northwestern With the top 7 going to the big dance.

I'll guess... (1) Michigan State (2) Indiana (3) Ohio State (4) Michigan (5) Wisconsin (6) Northwestern (7) Purdue (8) Illinois (9) Minnesota (10) Nebraska (11) Penn State (12) Iowa I agree top 7 dancing in March.

#38 Garrett

Garrett

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Going to be a very tough road game for Indiana. With Jones and Sheehey likely out due to injuries Indiana has to find a way to quickly replace 25% of their offensive production. I expect MSU will give Indiana their first loss, but I am going to hold out hope they can keep this run going. The wildcard for Indiana will be their perimeter shooting. If the defense will allow them to screen and get looks from outside, they can get hot and put up points in a hurry.

#39 The General

The General

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

Going to be a very tough road game for Indiana. With Jones and Sheehey likely out due to injuries Indiana has to find a way to quickly replace 25% of their offensive production. I expect MSU will give Indiana their first loss, but I am going to hold out hope they can keep this run going. The wildcard for Indiana will be their perimeter shooting. If the defense will allow them to screen and get looks from outside, they can get hot and put up points in a hurry.

Hard to see IU winning this game if both Sheehey and Jones are out. Hoosiers then follow up with Ohio State at home then at Michigan. Welcome to Big 10.

#40 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

Will be a great game. If Sheehey and Jones out that means IU will have to rely on the three more than usual. If Watford and Hulls can continue to hit them at better than 50 percent, that won't be a bad thing. Just have to stop MSU from getting too many offensive boards.

#41 The General

The General

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Will be a great game. If Sheehey and Jones out that means IU will have to rely on the three more than usual. If Watford and Hulls can continue to hit them at better than 50 percent, that won't be a bad thing. Just have to stop MSU from getting too many offensive boards.

I agree. Haven't seen much of MSU this year but I'm assuming they have their usual collection of big dudes who are tough on boards. Hoping Sheehey can play he's been really key to them this year. Can't find any info on their injuries though.

#42 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Crean was asked about their health and gave a very generic answer about making progress. He is either being coy or it is going to be a bit longer. I would not expect either to play.

#43 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Tip off....IU vs. MSU! Big Ten Network, if you have it.

Edited by jon_mx, 28 December 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#44 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

MSU dominated early and took 18 point lead, IU fought back and is in the lead. :popcorn:

#45 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

People are missing one heck of a game here.

#46 The General

The General

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

Was on a flight and missed game. Sounds like it was a good one. IU is going to hit some bumps in the road. Making the tournament this year would be a great accomplishment IMO.

#47 The General

The General

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Iowa is leading Wisconsin by 8 with 2:30 left. Thought the Hawkeyes were supposed to be horrible this year.

#48 Mr Anonymous

Mr Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 05-March 06

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Iowa is leading Wisconsin by 8 with 2:30 left. Thought the Hawkeyes were supposed to be horrible this year.

The Badgers are 3 for 26 on three pointers today with arguably their best collection of pure shooters in years. That's not to say that Iowa is horrible. Just saying this will most likely be Wisconsin's worst shooting performance of the season.

#49 The General

The General

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,676 posts
  • Joined 28-February 08

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

The Badgers are 3 for 26 on three pointers today with arguably their best collection of pure shooters in years. That's not to say that Iowa is horrible. Just saying this will most likely be Wisconsin's worst shooting performance of the season.

Just saw that stat, that's crazy. Iowa closes them out at Wisconsin. Hopefully IU can get the upset later today against the Buckeyes!

#50 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,474 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Iowa pulls out the first big upset of the Big 10 season, taking down Wisconsin on the road. :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users