What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie 1.07- PPR (1 Viewer)

Who is the 1.07 rookie?

• Kendall Wright

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • Doug Martin

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • David Wilson

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Alshon Jeffrey

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Chris Polk

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
'eakfootball said:
I don't see Wright escaping the top 5 in too many drafts
Agreed.I see the arguments for Blackmon and Luck, but I'd take

him at #2.

He shouldn't fall any further than #4 unless it's a 2 QB

league.
I like Blackmon, but it's close. Wright seems like a Victor Cruz clone.
There is some agreement out there on this view:

Excerpt from Tony Pauline's East-West Shrine game practice report

Notes: Some of the biggest buzz at the Shrine Game surrounds the receiver position. The consensus has Oklahoma State junior Justin Blackmon as the top wideout in April's draft. But that does not match the reality on many a draft board around the league, which has Big 12 counterpart Kendall Wright of Baylor as the top receiver available. Wright is being fondly compared to Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers, with one insider mentioning he's a bigger version of the former All-Pro.

'eakfootball said:
I don't see Wright escaping the top 5 in too many drafts
Agreed.I see the arguments for Blackmon and Luck, but I'd take

him at #2.

He shouldn't fall any further than #4 unless it's a 2 QB

league.
I like Blackmon, but it's close. Wright seems like a Victor Cruz clone.
There is some agreement out there on this view:

Excerpt from Tony Pauline's East-West Shrine game practice report

Notes: Some of the biggest buzz at the Shrine Game surrounds the receiver position. The consensus has Oklahoma State junior Justin Blackmon as the top wideout in April's draft. But that does not match the reality on many a draft board around the league, which has Big 12 counterpart Kendall Wright of Baylor as the top receiver available. Wright is being fondly compared to Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers, with one insider mentioning he's a bigger version of the former All-Pro.
It all depends where he goes. I've seen mocks where he goes to the Broncos in the 2nd and it would destroy his value.

As far as comparisons go, I think Wright is more Santana Moss/Santonio Holmes than Steve Smith.

I still have the next Steve Smith sitting on my roster doing nothing. Back then his name was Mike Thomas.

Need for speed could push Wright up draft boards

Posted Jan. 23, 2012 @ 1:08 p.m. ET

By Nolan Nawrocki

The following is the first in a series of scouting reports for draft prospects who are participating in this year's Senior Bowl. These reports from PFW draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki will be running all week leading up to Saturday evening's game in Mobile, Ala.

WR Kendall Wright, #1

Baylor University

Height: 5-10 1/8 Weight: 194 Speed: 4.40e

Arm: 30 5/8 Hand: 8 1/4 Age: 22

Notes

All-state in football, basketball and track as a Texas prep, winning state titles in the long jump and triple jump. Set Baylor freshman records for receptions and receiving yards in 2008 when he started 11-of-12 games and recorded 50-649-5 (13-yard average). Also was a reserve on the basketball team. Started 11-of-12 games in '09, snagging 66-740-4 (11.2). Played all 13 games in '10, starting eight, and set a school record for single-season receptions with 78-952-7 (12.2). Added two punt returns for five yards (2.5). Had a record setting season in '11, establishing school records for receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns after recording 108-1,663-14 (15.4) in 13 games (12 starts). Also saw limited duty returning punts 5-37-0 (7.4). Holds a share of 10 Baylor receiving records, including 4,004 career receiving yards - 1,300 more than any player in school history. Was the Bears' leading receiver four consecutive seasons from his inside receiver position. Has 75 career rushes for 425 yards (5.7) and six touchdowns. Also has completed 4-of-12 career pass attempts (33.3 percent) for 144 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. An ankle injury will keep him from playing in the Senior Bowl.

Upside

Dangerous playmaker

Blazing speed

Explosive and electric in open field

Hauls in difficult, acrobatic catches

Excellent leaper

Turns short throws into long gains

Downside

Lacks ideal height and length

Needs to get functionally stronger

Susceptible to jam

Limited route tree

Undisciplined route runner

Lackluster blocker

The way we see it

A slippery, sudden, loose-hipped athlete with speed to shave a secondary, Wright has some maturing to do. However, he is a highly productive, competitive, confident talent with versatility and playmaking ability to factor outside, in the slot or even as a returner. Instant impact factor.

Draft projection: First round

The 1.8 thread exists so maybe we should stop bumping this one, but someone said they thought Wright could go to the Broncos in the 2nd round. He's a top 15 pick.

I still have the next Steve Smith sitting on my roster doing nothing. Back then his name was Mike Thomas.
My gosh...I actually used the real Steve Smith and some stuff to get that guy in one of the HA leagues. :hot: :bag: :rant: and I know enough about "my" team.

Users who are viewing this thread